Start by marking “The Last Honeytrap (Florence Love, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Last Honeytrap (Florence Love, #1)

The Last Honeytrap

(Florence Love #1)

Scot 'Scat' Delaney is a world famous jazz singer.

He has ample opportunity to stray and his girlfriend, Alice, needs to know she can trust him.

Introducing Florence Love, private investigator.

Florence has just ten days to entrap an A-lister. Whilst sticking to her cardinal rule:

ONE KISS, WITH TONGUES, FIVE SECONDS - CASE CLOSED.

A master of body language, evolutionary scienc
Published June 4th 2015 by Headline (first published June 4th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about The Last Honeytrap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Last Honeytrap

27/10 - I came to The Last Honeytrap last night after DNFing Operation Black due to its writing and a lack of connection with the characters. I was hoping for a light and fluffy, heart warming romance, that's not quite what I got. Florence Love reminds me of a cross between Bridget Jones and Becky Bloomwood. She follows her horoscope, pays close attention to facial cues and body language, can predict a person's behaviour by reading their hairline (supposedly an old Chinese technique), and follow ...more
Oliver Maddrell
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A remarkable work.

This book absolutely blew me away.
From the off, the writing style is beautiful. It's rare to find a writer who always knows *exactly* the right words to use in all cases.

The characterisation of each person (I say 'person' over 'character' because to name them a character would be a disservice to Lee's imagination) is vivid and detailed. You feel like you know them.

As with all books I've read ever, I had a go at guessing the plot early on, and I was certain I'd be right.

I was w
Kim
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, net-galley, n, kindle
Florence Love is a private investigator who specialises in entrapment. The book is full of humour and twists and turns to keep you turning the pages.

Her next case is to meet a famous Jazz singer- Scott Delaney. She must find him and stick to her rules- one kiss with tongues, five seconds to close the case. But he’s a reclusive hypochondriac. Is she going to be able to tempt him out of hiding? She has ten days to meet and ‘entrap’ him.

Alongside the entrapment side to her she also wants to discove
Vicky-Leigh Sayer
Mar 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Sometimes when you inhabit the dark dark (reading) world of murderers, pyschopaths and sociopaths you just need a little bit of light relief- and that's where the last honeytrap comes in.

Florence Love is a Private Investigator (P.I) specialising in entrapment; luring unsuspecting (and unfaithful) men into compromising positions that they can't argue themselves out of, no matter how much fame or fortune they may have.

Love uses her beauty, brains and relentlessness to entice these men to her and
Yassy
Apr 29, 2015 rated it liked it
This is the début novel by Louise Lee... it takes a lot of courage to put your craft out in to the public eye, so Lee should be commended for taking this step.

As a literary piece, the concept of this book was intriguing - a honey trap, to catch (potentially) unfaithful men with the story interspersed with entrapment tips. The main character, Florence Love, exuded confidence, sexiness and vulnerability - a difficult mix.

However, it took me half a book to really get into the story, the text was f
Abby Lewis
Mar 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I liked this novel a lot!
The main character Florence kind of reminds me of me... Not wanting to let go of her past loves yet being attracted to this someone new 'Scott Scat Delaney'.
Defo a must-read
Alyce Hunt
There are so many reasons I didn't like this book. It's about to get spoilery.

1) The attitude towards autism is sickening.
Florence's brother, Michael, is autistic. She uses this to her advantage, gaining perks and sympathy, which is a total abuse of power. Meanwhile, her internal monologue is filled with derogatory, ableist comments aimed towards him.
It's also factually incorrect: it's all stereotypical. It's implied that Michael's autism may be due to being sexually abused as a child. Yes, ch
Gingercat
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
A Girl Called Love is not the funny chick lit mystery that I thought it would be. It is a whole lot more than that.

Florence Love is a private investigator specialising in entrapment. She is paid by suspicious spouses to find proof (or not) of their partner’s unfaithfulness.

Florence is an interesting protagonist. She is smart, attractive, and devious. I didn’t initially warm to Florence, however she slowly got under my skin and by the half way point I found that I actually rather liked her as a c
Lori
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Very light, light read. Left half the story unfinished but honestly by that point I wasn’t bothered to try read the next one and found out what happened.

There are some funny parts and some characters I enjoyed. Just not what I expected.
Mervyn S Whyte
Sep 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Extremely well written for a debut novel. Funny, sharp, intelligent and - in parts - moving.
Samantha Kilford
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-sent-to-me
Originally posted here

I would like to say a big thank you to the team at Headline for sending me a copy of this book in exchange for a review.

Right away I knew I was going to love this one! The Last Honeytrap makes a change from the gritty crime novels filled with merciless and twisted psychopaths that I've spent the past few months reading. While gory murder novels can be..ahem, how I do put it?...fun, it's always nice to pick up a little chick lit to brighten your day and Louise Lee's debut no
Whispering Stories
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
**I was given a free copy of this book via Bookbridgr in exchange for an honest review**

"The Last Honeytrap" is the first book in a brand new private detective series, written by Louise Lee.

Florence Love is what is known in the industry as a ‘Honeytrap’. She catches men cheating on their wives, by using her seduction techniques.

Twice married, she knows a thing or two about men’s behaviours and what it takes to seduce a man, until he can no longer resist the dish set out in front of him.

When she
Joanne
Jun 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2015
The Last Honeytrap is the debut novel of Louise Lee and I thought it was great. The book is centred on Florence Love a Private Investigator based in London, specialising in entrapment. In this the book, the first in a new series Florence is asked entrap A-List Scot “Scat” Delaney a world famous jazz singer. Easy…except Scot is a confirmed recluse and possibly the most beautiful man Florence has ever seen and she may just be about to break the most important rule: Never fall for the target.
As the
Emma Codd
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
In her debut novel The Last Honeytrap, Louise Lee introduces Private Investigator Florence Love. Her speciality? Entrapment – catching unfaithful men on video. In this book, the first in a series that is set to take off in literary and cinematic form, Florence is employed to entrap world famous jazz singer Scott “Scat” Delaney. Scott’s girlfriend, Alice, wants to be certain of his loyalty before taking their relationship public.

So, Florence has just ten days to seduce the incredibly attractive A
Smelleykins
I requested a copy of this book from Bookbridgr as it seemed lighthearted and fun. I also adored the cover, it's cute and catchy.

The book is about Florence who is a private investigator, who works along side her brother to entrap people, for anything. She has one rule, one kiss, with tounges, five seconds, then case is closed. Never fall for anyone whilst on the case. Sounds pretty good, and it is really.

The case we are presented with is that of a famous jazz singer, one who Florence believes n
Lisa Bentley
Aug 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Florence Love is a private detective who specialises in entrapment cases. When she is hired to entrap hunky superstar Scott ‘Scat’ Delany she plans to make sure she gets the scoop. She is a professional gumshoe after all what she doesn’t bank on is her falling in love with her latest target.

Amidst all this someone from Florence’s past is trying to get in touch and tell her something. Can she keep her professional head on as she tries to solve a deeply personal case? Only time will tell.

I had hea
Michelle Ryles
Jul 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-read
I expected this to be light, amusing chick lit but, due to two very strong storylines and a vivacious heroine, it was so much better than that and I really enjoyed it. Florence Love is more than a private investigator, she is an entrapment specialist proving or disproving the fidelity of her clients’ partners. Although I didn’t rocket through this book, once I got to about half way through I was hooked. The story is twofold; that of Florence’s latest entrapment and the mysterious disappearance o ...more
Charlotte (Escapades of a Bookworm)
Reviews can also be found on my blog Escapades of a Bookworm

So this started off like a James Bond movie, a little dalliance, some entrapment before the main event and it sure left me craving more.

I loved that it was more than being about the entrapment of a popstar. And that there was a story regarding Florence’s mum Bambi and her mysterious disappearance – more details are required please.

In the middle I did feel that the story got a little slow, a little boring and then bam stuff begins to hap
Rebecca Rouillard
Feb 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Private detective, Florence Love, is an entrapment specialist who always sticks to her cardinal rule: "One kiss, with tongues, five seconds - case closed." Fresh from successfully entrapping the Dutch Minister for Security and Justice, Florence embarks on her trickiest case yet - testing the fidelity of world-famous jazz singer Scott Delaney.

I was anticipating a character along the lines of Janet Ivanovich's Stephanie Plum, but Florence Love is more complex and more nuanced. She is a wonderful
Dennie
Mar 03, 2015 rated it liked it
I won this book in a Goodreads First Reads giveaway and to be honest I couldn't remember what had made me enter. This book sounded like total trash.

It was actually quite entertaining. The story was interesting and exciting. The main problem I had was that I didn't really like Florence, I didn't like the way she manipulated her brother, who has aspergers, into doing what she wanted "you owe me", then told him something about their mother that she must have known would cause him distress. Total di
Avvie Cunnington
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to win this through a Goodreads Giveaway.

What a fantastic book. Very well written and i loved the way it gives you little clues throughout the book about her mum and her past. It's so nice to find a "love story" that ends the way this did. Florence Love falls in love with Scott. But this doesn't end the way most people would expect it too. Honestly i find this ending to be a lot better then how most people would want it to end.

The only thing i didn't like was not finding out i
Christina
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, mystery
A delightfully witty, fast-paced and beautifully explicit account of life as an entrapment specialist.

Florence Love is a hilariously broken, deliciously quirky and incredibly nosy private investigator that gets embroiled in an unexpectedly enlightening entrapment case while moonlighting as a missing persons investigator trying to find her long-lost mother.

Part mystery, part contemporary fiction, this is a delirious, intimate look at the life of a flawed yet brilliant single woman doing her job f
Sarah Jasmon
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A fast, fun read with a likeable heroine. Florence is a private investigator specialising in the honeytrap. When she goes after the Dutch Minister for Security and Justice, though, she might just have bitten off more than she can chew. And falling for her next target, Scat Delaney, is never going to turn out well.

I loved the intricate plotting and the sense of fun that permeates this book. What could be a relentless storyline is shot through with an appealing back story, of a dependent brother a
Emily
Dec 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
Things I liked about this book:
1) It was easy to read.
2) It was very lighthearted.
3) Learning about private investigators. (I didn't realise they were much of a thing in the UK!)

Other than that, it was just a standard chick lit book with some particularly ridiculous parts to it. The storyline was often not believable and the characters a little annoying. Although I did like Florence's little brother.

I think it will appeal to a certain group of people who like this type of book and don't think to
Cecilia
Dec 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Just a heads up, this book is not a romance. The description/blurb is very misleading and only makes up 10% of the plot. Most of the book is about family, I'd say. Maybe even 10% is being a little generous, don't read this thinking "oh good, a little bit of romance and other stuff!" NO. There is no romance, okay.

Not that there's anything wrong with no romance, just that the blurb/description was very misleading. The book is alright for what it is, just don't go in wanting and expecting romance.
Fiona
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*Disclaimer: Book received for free through a Goodreads Giveaway*

Nooooooo! It ended far too soon! I need to know what happens next!

A brilliant read about a private investigator hired to entrap a world-famous singer by his girlfriend, to test whether he is faithful to her. Plenty of twists and turns and excitement as Florence Love and her brother Michael work together to gather the evidence.

Please tell me the next in the series is out soon!
Andrea
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book free through Goodreads first reads.

I enjoyed reading this book, the main character Florence Love is a Private Investigator who specialises in entrapment, she is a very lovable funny character. In some ways the humour seemed on a similar level to Bridget Jones Diary. The storyline is very clever with some twists and turns and the book ends leaving you wanting the next instalment.
Vicky Edwards
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-read, chick-lit
Really enjoyed this book as soon as I started reading it I was hooked on the main character Florence. Her exciting live as a PI entrapment of naughty men being her game but also loved the story of her past . The book has twists and turns that you don't see coming! really looking forward to the next book to see the outcome.
Dana Zainescu
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
The rules of seduction used by a private investigator. I really loved the relationship between Florence and her brother. I was kind of disappointed about the ending though. (view spoiler)
Alan
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I don't usually read books that are full of humour and it's not often that books manage to make me laugh, but this book certainly did. So pleased to have been one of the lucky winners on Goodreads First Reads Giveaway.

• Ghosting
  • With a Friend Like You
  • Taking the Fall
  • Rhythm of My Heart (Irish Pride Series, #1)
  • All Aboard
  • The Beaches and Brides Romance Collection: 5 Historical Romances Buoyed by the Sea
  • The Dark
  • The Ring on Her Finger
  • Walk Away (Camaro Espinoza, #2)
  • Devil (Leopards of Normandy #1)
  • Undressed (To Protect and Serve, Heroes in Uniform, #2)
  • Ellie Andrews Has Second Thoughts
  • Honeyville
  • Happy Endings
  • The Madness of July
  • The Beginners Guide to the Birds and the Bees
  • Beyond the Steel Wall
  • Majestic and Wild: True Stories of Faith and Adventure in the Great Outdoors
Louise Lee was once a Geography teacher. When oxbow lakes no longer floated her boat, she took the next, natural step in her career progression and became a Private Investigator. Memorable cases include a high-functioning bigamist with three wives and six children, who was set to marry a fourth; and losing a target because George Clooney started chatting her up in a bar.

Louise undertook an MA in C

Florence Love (2 books)
  • In the Name of Love (Florence Love #2)