Start by marking “The Human Cure” as Want to Read:

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  24 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Paperback, First print, 167 pages
Published November 5th 2014 by 48fourteen (first published September 15th 2011)

Win a Copy of This Book

Release date: Nov 05, 2014
    Enter to win one of two print copies of The Human Cure, by Tracy Auerbach, in anticipation of some of her upcoming releases. Tracy Auerbach's new book ...more

Format: Print book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 2 copies available, 430 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Aug 13 - Aug 25, 2018

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about The Human Cure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Human Cure

Fani
    Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: paranormal
    “What you’re doing right now is telling the boogeyman that you’re afraid of the dark.”

I was quite surprised by how much I enjoyed this story! I didn’t felt bored in any part of the book, the plot was fast paced and it kept me entertained from the beginning to the end. "The Human Cure" might have vampires in it but it uses this theme in a unique way and gives its own twist for these creatures.

I loved all the main characters, Hunter’s kindness and altruistic personality was so touching, he mi
    Kristen Burns
    4 Stars

Full Review:
    *I received a free ecopy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.*

This book was such a pleasant surprise!

I have to admit, the cover didn't give me the highest of hopes, and I try to stay away from books with less than 200 pages as it's usually just not enough time for me to connect to the characters or really get into the story. But I am so glad I gave this book a chance.

First of all, it was funny, mostly thanks to Chase. He killed so many people, being a
    Vera mallard
    Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
    Welcome To A New Vampire World Created From the Imagination Of Tracy Auerbach

How Do You Like Your Vampires?

Loving, Kind, Scary, Cruel?

Author Tracy Auerback has created a vampire world I have never seen before. This is a tale of vampires in the down and dirty world they occupy below New York and the world where they hunt. It is raw, gritty, gory, and filled with monsters. It also a story of love and sacrifice.

STORY LINE:
    Kate Plesser is an office assistant that can not seem to find her niche in li
    Sadaf
    Feb 20, 2016 rated it liked it
    I got to read this book in return for an honest review so here goes my first R2R experience :)

Kate thinks her life is going nowhere until a one night stand with Hunter, a vampire, lands her in an underground world of darkness beyond her wildest imagination. Circumstances throw her together with Chase, Hunter’s cousin, and she starts to feel a strange empathy towards him. Expect the unexpected with this book.

This is not your average vampire book as a lot of people will tell you and that’s what I
    Lori
    Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    I like the fact that for the most part the book took on what we know about vampire without making it sound to far fewer fetched , well almost all of the book.first it begins with Hunter finding a breeder. in his world , the world of the vampites they breed with humans. so he's picked his human and kidnaps her taking her back to this underground world they live in. He has his cousin Chase. bodyguard her even though she wears his crest to protect her. she's brought to the part of the humans living ...more
    Angel
    Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
    I received a copy of this book from the author via LOP for an honest review.

I have been looking for something that is different from my usual hot Vampire reads. This was it. Nice sweet romance with a fast paced and well written plot.
    This is not your typical Vampire romance novel. There is a lot of ripping, tearing and eating. No hot lovey dovey stuff here.

The plot revolves around three main characters.

Kate Plesser. An office assistant who always falls into bad relationships. She gets kidnappe
    Elizabeth
    Nov 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    The Human Cure is a fun fast-paced paranormal romance. The anti-legends that Auerbach added about vampires and vampirism were awesome. She added a new twist to the world of vampires which was consistent in her created universe. This is the best part for me. I always love seeing people’s takes on vampirism and other old legends.
    The book revolves around Kate Plesser–an office assistant who tends to fall into bad relationships– as well as the vampire cousins Hunter and Chase. Kate meets Hunter in a
    ☆Joycedale☆
    Jan 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: kindle, r2r
    This story revolves around Kate, Hunter and Chase. When Kate is kidnapped by Hunter and taken to an underground city, she finds out vampires are real and need to breed. She of course hates Hunter so he puts his "cousin" Chase in charge of protecting her.
    Hunter isn't a typical vampire having been raised by humans until he was 16. He's never killed anyone having learned to live off of food and animal blood. This is something he's been trying to teach Chase to see if it can be done. Chase on the ot
    Ramona Plant
    Feb 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
    What a unique approach to vampires, quite different from anything I have read or seen to date. Tracy has a lively writing style that is pleasant to read. Her story telling has a great faster pace to it that keeps the reader drawn to the book.

Kate is an interesting character. She appeared like not much at first but slowly turns into an unexpected heroine. She is actually rather likeable! Hunter, can't do anything but really like him. Even with what he has done, you can't help but really like him.
    Michelle Trinchese
    Let me preface my review with the fact that I don't generally follow the vampire genre. I purchased this book upon the recommendations from several friends but after reading the first few pages, I was hooked! I found myself feverishly reading page after page and could not put it down! I loved the humor the author used and the engaging way the text was written. I am anxiously awaiting the sequel. Although I am an avid reader, I find very few books catch my attention longer than the first chapter. ...more
    Aliza Atik
    Dec 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
    A great debut novel. The Human Cure takes the vampire romance trope and transforms it into something unique and exciting. I can't wait for the next book!
    Stacy Emspak
    Feb 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
    This book is a fast paced sit on the beach kind of read! Without giving anything away, it is not your typical vampire novel! I can't wait to see what Tracy Auerbach has in store for future novels!
    Karen
    Oct 18, 2015 rated it liked it
    Review copy provided via Reading Alley in exchange for an honest review

Summary: The Human Cure

Kate Plesser is leading a dead-end life as an office assistant with a penchant for bad relationships. She is lost. When Kate is kidnapped by Hunter, a gorgeous stranger, she assumes he is just some sick psychopath. She never suspects he is actually a vampire, and that she is about to be plunged into a world stranger than her wildest dreams. In the underground city where Hunter lives, she encounters his
    Jeremy Reppy
    Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Shelves: first-reads
    Not your normal vampire story
    *SPOILERS*

Kate has a boring sad life until an attractive man starts hitting on her, which was definitely unusual for her. After a night of great sex, she ends up drugged and kidnapped. She eventually discovers that her kidnapper (Hunter) does not want to rape and kill her, but rather is a vampire and wants to breed with her. Hunter is not your typical vampire, as he grew up among humans and does not drink human blood. He has figured out how to live on human food and
    Gervan
    Nov 29, 2016 rated it liked it
    Shelves: 2016
    One of the more original vampire interpretations that I've read. And if you are like me who appreciates deadpan and monotonous humour, you'll love one of the main characters. But it was too short. I liked the length because I was able to finish it (and I'm still 4 books behind on my GR challenge) but at the same time it needed the extra length for development.

Full review on my blog.
    Priscilla Satyamurthy
    Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
    Compelling and insightful story which takes the reader on a journey filled with a full range of emotions . . . those you are familiar with as well as those from a world yet to be traversed. I highly recommend The Human Cure by Tracy Auerbach as a book which will lead you to explore possibilities and what-ifs.
    Shoulanda August
    Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
    Weird

I'm completely confused and still trying to figure out what I just read. It started off okay but got strange. Never read about vamps feeding like this. It was captivating to the point that I read it in a couple of hours but what did I read. I truly don't know but still liked it. Strange days...
    Juanita Samborski
    Mar 20, 2014
    Tracy
    Dec 22, 2011
    Tracy Auerbach
    Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
    Tracy Auerbach
    Jul 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
    Athene
    Donna Schubert
    Vykki
    Isabelle
    Feb 10, 2015
    • The Elect (Allison's Story #1)
    • Red Summer
    • A God in Carver
    • Vintage (Adrenaline, #2)
    • Wanted: Single Rose
    • Two Degrees Closer to Hell
    • Mythos (The Descendants, #1)
    • Reborn (Superi #1)
    • My Own Worst Enemy (MOWE, #1)
    • Brush of Shade (The Whisperer's Chronicles, #1)
    • Crash and Burn (Love You Like A Love Song, #1)
    • Eternally Yours
    • What Comes of Eating Doughnuts With a Boy Who Plays Guitar (Gem City, #1)
    • A Tragic Heart
    • Passion of an Angel (Shade of Light #1)
    • Ocean's Justice (Ocean's Gift - Turbulence and Triumph Series, #1)
    • Dead in Bed: The Complete First Book
    • Let Me Know (Lost in You, #2)