Start by marking “Break (Devastation, #2)” as Want to Read:
Break (Devastation, #2)

Break (Devastation #2)

4.5  ·  Rating details ·  44 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Like devastation, darkness covers everything.

In BREAK, Episode 2 of The Devastation Series, Lexa, Gabe, and Nathaniel discover new abilities, learn each other’s secrets, and find out just how far they’ll go to save their friends’ lives.

Lexa and Gabe take comfort in their new relationship, though Nathaniel hasn’t given up winning Lexa for himself. Even with two alpha-males
Published January 29th 2015 by Kelley Harvey (first published January 28th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Break, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Break

Laura Maisano
Jan 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
**Disclaimer** If you follow my reviews for Christian fiction titles, be advised this is not one of those books. BREAK is a romance with a couple blush-worthy sex scenes in it. So if that's not your cup-o-tea, don't read further ****

I read BREAK in one day/night, so it's a fast read. Early in the book are the couple sex scenes I mentioned, and Kelley has raised the heat level for book two. Like I said, blush-worthy.

Anyway, there's a lot more action in this book than the last. We see a many more
L.L. Reynolds
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Hot romance novels are not my usually preferred genre, so I was wondering if the next book in Kelley Harvey's Devastation Series would hold my interest, and it certainly did.

The story follows Lexa, Gabe and Nathianel, alien hybrids with wings, living here on earth. The story is told from their three alternating points of view. Having ended the first book on a real cliffhanger, I was dying to find out what happened to Lexa! (You would be too if you read the first book.) All I can say is, "Phew!"
Terri Sullivan
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
AHH, Kelley Harvey, what are you doing to me??? As I had mentioned in my review of BREATHE, I am not typically a Sci-Fi Romance reader. Kelley had me hooked with BREATHE, kept me on the line with BREAK and I am sitting here on the edge of my seat, waiting for BLEED to come out. I HAVE to know what is going to happen.

Written from the POV from Lexa, Gabe and Nathaniel, you find yourself cheering for TEAM GABE or TEAM NATHANIEL. Personally, I did choose which team I was rooting for. (I'm not going
Terri Williams
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Once again Kelley surprised me! Great second book and cannot wait for the third. If you follow my reviews you will see that while I am not into the sci-fi books, this one has me sucked in from the first page! It has just enough sci-fi to hook those die hard fans yet not run me off and just enough romance/sex to keep me hooked and not run the "sci-fi-ers" off :)

The combination of quirky comedic lines and emotional roller coaster rides gives the reader plenty of connection to the characters once a
DeMichelle Marburger
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was on pins and needles waiting for this book to be released after Breathe left me hanging in mid-air, dying to know what is next. Once I had it in my hot little hands I read it in one sitting. The author has a talent for sucking you into the characters making you want to know what is next. I laughed, I groaned, I smiled, I winced, I exclaimed outloud, I cried (more than once), and the author gave a sliver of hope... that I will happily hang onto until book 3 is released. As they say the devil ...more
Jennifer Jura
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
So as I have mentioned before I am not normally into Sci-Fi/Fantasy books. I like to be able to escape reality but not in the form of aliens and such.

With that being said, I am here to say this book is AMAZING!! I read the first book (Breathe) and could not wait to read this book! I read it almost in one sitting! I was captivated from the very beginning! I loved the bond the characters had with one another. The book had all the elements in it! It had love, heartbreak, sadness, anger, happiness.
LRetan
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Kelley Harvey outdid herself with BREAK, the second book in her Devastation series.

BREATHE was mostly romantic new love with a small science fiction element. The complicated relationships between Lexi, Gabe, and Nathaniel continue as BREAK begins--but the sex is hotter. When Lexi disappears, the science fiction element comes into its own with a rescue attempt and a full throttle run for their lives, fighting aliens all the way.

In the first book, the trio learned they inherited wings from their a
Sylve
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
All i can say is OMG....this book was AMAZING!!!! I thought that the first book BREATHE was an emotional roller-coaster, but wait until you read this BREAK! Absolutely can not wait for the third book in this series! If you love SCI-FI and romance then this is the series for you!! I read this in two sittings and once i got half-way through i could not stop reading! This book is filled with fast-paced thrilling action! You wont be disappointed!
Karla Pierce
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Break begins right where Breathe left off! This book definitely kicks it up a notch. It is a very descriptive story that takes readers on an emotional roller coaster right into the next book Bleed (episode 3). The heat (chapters two & four are especially HOT), the thrills and the action work perfectly together to keep readers on the edge. I absolutely love these character and this author. You go girl...follow your dreams!!!
Ashley
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the 2nd book in the Devastation series. Like the first one, Breathe, it pulls you in then leaves you hanging. In this book you learn more about Lexa, Gabe, Nate, their friends and what they are. It is an action packed Sci-Fi with a love triangle. I am team Gabe all the way!!! Can't wait for Bleed!!!
Faith Ann
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is full of excitement and romance. Always keeps you wanting to come back to read more. The characters come to life and the story is full of twists and turns! Can't wait for the next book!
Reva Coomer
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And again....

Wow....I love this series and can not wait for the next book BLEED! Most people think Sci-Fi and stay away. Well this is one that you really need to read. Simply amazing. You will fall in love with Gave, Nathaniel, and Lex! The story will keep you guessing and interested. Also you will want a fursnake for sure! I have to share something that I love and I want to share this series with the world.
Jessica Mitchell
Oct 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Finding out she is a freak is music to her ears. But having to been dropped over thousand feet and almost die wasn't in her plans.

On the run from aliens that are after them. They still get caught due to a traitorous friend of Gabe's.
It's up to Gabe and Nathaniel to save her. Even though Gabe's other friend is with them, he is just trying to stop the aliens from leaving.
Christina
Apr 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. When a writer can make you tear up, because you feel the emotion of a character you know it's good stuff.
Aundrea Mielke
Jun 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: excellent
So good, really loving this series. Still love the lovers triangle. Lex and Gabe are great together. Lots of heartbreak in this book, but so worth it.
Arcoma Gonzalez Lambert
Fantastic

Love the characters, story, and everything. I will be following this series to the next book...for sure. I need to know what happens next.
Kristin Smith
s maclean
Oct 10, 2016
Desiree
Mar 15, 2016
Kelley is a bestselling author of mega-steamy, panty-melting romances that feature passionate heroines, sexy heroes, and all the adorable, sexy, and clumsy misadventures that lead to love. While some stories may have darker threads, hope always prevails.

Kelley is also the mother of two beautiful girls. She lives in North Central Texas with her youngest. Her eldest lives nearby, and recently had he
More about Kelley Harvey

Devastation (3 books)
  • Breathe (Devastation, #1)
  • Bleed (Devastation, #3)