Start by marking “Coyote Home (Coyote Hunger, #1)” as Want to Read:
Coyote Home (Coyote Hunger, #1)

Coyote Home

(Coyote Hunger #1)

Running for her life, Rowan Wilder is forced to leave Whispering Mountains and all she holds close. She never dreamed it would be six years before she could return. Or that it would this hard to reconnect with not only the people she loves, but herself. Being unable to control her inner coyote might cause problems between her and her mate, but Rowan has other things to ...more
Published January 16th 2015 by Rhian Cahill (first published May 12th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Coyote Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Coyote Home

Start your review of Coyote Home (Coyote Hunger, #1)
MBR
May 23, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Rhian Cahill, fans of paranormal/fantasy romances
Recommended to MBR by: Rhian Cahill
Coyote Home is book 1 in the Coyote Hunger series by Rhian Cahill. This is my first taste of what Rhian can do with a paranormal/fantasy world and I have got to say that I'm impressed because Coyote Home had the ability to completely hook me onto its world and the story that unfolded right from the very beginning. I hear book 2 calling my name in earnest and I can't wait to delve into Brogan's story right after putting up my review.

This review too will follow the I-Review format.

Question 1: What
MelissaB
I didn't like the writing in this book at all, the story seemed so vague and lacking in detail. I felt like I didn't know the characters very well either. I already bought the next one so I may give it a try some time but this book was not a
winner for me.
Paranormal Kiss
Review-
Coyote Home by Rhian Cahill is the first book in the Coyote Hunger series. It is a fast paced and entertaining shifter story. At just under 300 pages it is a fairly quick read. Coyote Home is about Rowan and Quinn both of whom are coyote shifters. They are mates that were separated six years prior when Rowan leaves the pack for her own safety after being attacked by another shifter. I have to say that there is one thing that didn’t make sense and wasn’t explained. I wanted to know why
Jo Notary
Jan 23, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ellora-s-cave
105p Book One inthe Coyote Home serise.Coming home was never going to be easy for Rowan Wilder, but after six years she didn 19t think it would be this hard. First she can 19t control her inner coyote, then she has to deal with her mate and the madman out to get them both. Determined to take her rightful place in the pack, Rowan must face each hurdle and succeed. To fail could mean losing her life. Quinn MacClellan is more than ready for the return of his mate and he 19ll do anything to keep her ...more
Schellie
May 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Coming Home

Wow, Rhian has the start of an amazing series with book one! Rowan & Quinn have know they were mates since she was fourteen years old. Though others in their pack have different plans for Rowan. After an attack that left her bruised and bloodied, Brogan(her brother) and Quinn send her away for her own safety. Years have passed and Rowan is ready to come home. Now, the three of them need to get to the bottom of the strange things going on in the Whispering Mountains. I am very
Kimkbries
Feb 10, 2019 rated it liked it
First book in this series involving coyote shifters. Rowan and Quinn’s story had quite a bit of detail of their connection to each other and determination to be together even though someone wants to hurt them. This story left me with a lot of questions of exactly what is going on but I know enough that I want to read book two to see what exactly is going on. The love between Rowan and Quinn is strong and I cannot wait to see what they do together to have their HEA.
BJ
Sep 10, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disliked
Hard to like anything about this book. There is soooooo much telling, every….little….detail, what they were wearing, what they ate, what they were thinking, what they did. Who cares, where was the story? It seemed to be sacrificed to continuous sex scenes, which were so repetitive. There was nothing to interest me in to buying the next book.
Via_the_Book_Faerie
Hero and heroine are each other’s first and only, but they’re not virgins in this book.
Brandi
May 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A pretty good start to a new series.

A few hiccups at the start but once the story got going it got going. Can't wait to see how the series grows!
Tracie R
Mar 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars Coyote Home
I enjoyed reading Coyote Home. The story was well written and I love the dynamics and the strength of the characters, I would definitely recommend this book!

Rowan Wilder fled her pack under the cover of night with the help of her brother Brogan and her mate Quinn to save her life.

Quinn MacClellan found his mate then was forced to make the hardest decision of his life, help her flee.

Six years have passed since Rowan was forced to leave, but with her brother Brogan now
The Smutty Kitty
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As posted on The Smutty Kitty reviewed by Kinky Kitten

3.5 out of 5 Licks

This one takes place 6 years after the prequel, and I would definitely recommend reading that before this one otherwise you sort of feel like you walked in late to a movie. This book semi explains what happens to make Rowan have to leave but leaves a lot of unanswered questions, so the prequel would give you a little more of an explanation. But you can read it without reading that one first. Overall it was a very sweet read.
Shirley
Sep 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short, sweet and intense. There was no search for a HEA in this one. That had already been established. The tension in this one came from bringing Rowan back to Quinn. Actually, it was bringing Rowan back to herself as well.

There was a history behind this book and I knew that going in. The previous book, Coyote Run, was even shorter and was basically the set-up for Coyote Home. It’s probably wise to read the prequel first, but even missing the ‘why’ of Rowan’s escape, her struggle to return wasn
Sophia
Jan 24, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pnr-uf
I was intrigued that this was about coyotes so grabbed it up. It turned out that the type of shifter nor any worldbuilding stuff got much attention. It was focused on the heroine's return home, reuniting with her mate and trouble from another shifter. It ended up just being okay. The relationship was steamy and was described well and the villain's plotting had potential, but I just didn't get that into the story since it took to long to build and grab my interest. It spent a long time on the ...more
Whispers From
Sadly disappointed at the end.

Rowan comes back to her pack after being gone for six yrs. Quinn is her mate determined to bring her home. But she wants to try and get her wolf under control first. Someone is out to kill Quinn and they think they know who it is but they can't prove it.
Now the only reason I didn't give 5 stars was because of the ending. It wasn't explained if the bad wolf was stopped or tossed out of the pack. It just said THE END, so I don't know if it's in part 2 or not. The sex
Julianna
I liked it, but it almost felt like it started in the middle of the story instead of the beginning. I think one chapter in the beginning explaining why/how she left would have helped me get more into the story instead of constantly thinking that i had missed something. But i still liked it and might read the next one.
Mandy Saial
I read the prequel to this book a while back and just hadn't gotten to the next one until now .
my TBR pile just keeps getting bigger & bigger.
Both books are very good .
I hated that the next book is more about the brothers life (even though the author mixes everyone in)instead of keeping up with the lives of the 2 main charactors,just because of the way the story ends kind of openended.
Galina Sulaiman
Feb 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book, the story was cute. Mates apart for years reunited. I wanted to keep reading and this book was finished lol. I know it's leading into another book, but the ending was too open for me. Maybe I'm too bloodthirsty.
Megan Riverina Romantics
I won this from Rhian Cahill herself at http://rhiancahill.com/blog/ in an Easter Blog Hop!
Mari Carr
Jun 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic read. Rhian has created an incredible world for her coyotes. Look forward to the rest of the series.
Lauren Dawes
review to come
Book Binge
There was just something about this book that I didn't like and that I can't pinpoint. It took me so long to finish because of my disinterest. I guess it just wasn't for me.
Anne
Nov 10, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z2013-bir
Just your average shape shifter erotica.
Mspink
Jun 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely fantastic series!! I can't wait for more!!
Hbeebti
Jan 16, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
3.5
Polly
Apr 24, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one kind of fell off a cliff. I liked the storyline a lot, but, it really ended suddenly and not really resolving anything.
Connie
Dec 23, 2010
Lindsay
Jul 27, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Mating Chase (Werewolves of Montana, #1)
  • Ajax's Harpy Holiday (Dragonfin Mated #1)
  • Blood Lust (Preternaturals, #1)
  • SEALED Shifter 1: Blood Bonded
  • Fated Mates (Snowbush Falls Chandra Clan Book 1)
  • The Mating Hunt (Werewolves of Montana, #2)
  • The Mating Seduction (Werewolves of Montana, #3)
  • Ethan (Seductions, #1)
  • The Mating Rite (Werewolves of Montana, #4)
  • Werewolves of Montana Volume 2
  • The Mating Game (Werewolves of Montana, #8)
  • A Dragon for Christmas (Shifters for Christmas, #2)
  • The Mating Ritual (Werewolves of Montana #9)
  • The Mating Frenzy (Werewolves of Montana, #10)
  • Soul of the Dragons (Bad Dragons Book 3)
  • Dark Crime (Dark, #23.5)
  • Snowbound with the Alpha Wolf (Werewolves of Montana, #11)
  • Wild Wolf (Werewolves of Montana, #12)
Rhian Cahill is the alter ego of a former stay-at-home mother of four. With motherly duties rapidly dwindling Rhian is able to make use of the fertile imagination she used to keep herself sane for all those years of slavery. Having spent years living overseas and visiting tropical climates has helped inspire some steamy stories.
Multi-published in erotic romance and contemporary romance, Rhian,

Coyote Hunger (4 books)
  • Coyote Wild (Coyote Hunger, #2)
  • Coyote Whispers (Coyote Hunger, #3)
  • Coyote Lies (Coyote Hunger #4)