Start by marking “Map of Fates (The Conspiracy of Us, #2)” as Want to Read:
Map of Fates (The Conspiracy of Us, #2)

Map of Fates

(The Conspiracy of Us #2)

Two weeks.

That’s how long it took for Avery West’s ordinary life to change forever: In two weeks, she discovered she was heiress to a powerful secret society known as the Circle, learned her mother was taken hostage by the Circle’s enemies, and fell for a boy she’s not allowed to love, just as she found out another was her unwelcome destiny.

Now, Avery crosses oceans in p
Published March 8th 2016 by Putnam Juvenile

Lainey
Feb 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Easiest 5 stars I've given this year.

Also, my heart.

My feelings.

Everything.

Just leave me alone.

I'm going to be filming a book talk when I'm more emotionally stable to film.
Maggie Hall
Feb 07, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
COMING TUESDAY, MARCH 8

Map of Fates
Sue (Hollywood News Source)

This picture doesn't do the cover the justice it deserves. Its so pretty! I want to inhale it in one sitting down.
Trina (Between Chapters)
This sequel was so exciting! More world travel, more clues, more (believable) romance, more uncertain allies. Still wish I was connecting more with the characters (I think I'm bitter about how the mom character is used as a huge plot motivator when we literally don't know her at all and couldn't care less) but for the most part this gave me what I felt the first book was lacking!
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
Five stars for Stellan. Three for everyone else.

Ugh, Avery is just so childish.

Although I low-key loved the boat scene.
Cait • A Page with a View
Oct 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary-ya
This series is surprisingly fun. I hadn't heard a lot about it so I wasn't sure what to expect... it's turning out to be a lot like an international version of National Treasure meets the best YA tropes? The story could easily get ridiculous, but so far it's not! It's just entertaining.
Andreea Pop
Sequel Syndrome strikes again. Alas, Map of Fates was, sadly, a disappointment. My excitement and almost-childish awe of the first book dissipated, because the glamour of The Conspiracy of Us somehow failed to etch into its continuation, bringing the dull instead. However, there were two things that somewhat saved me from rating this one poorly: the killer second half and, most importantly, Stellan.

The first half of the book was bland. Flat. Meh. Sigh-inducing. Eye roll worthy. Frustration trig
Elena
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Update 9.03.2016 4:12 am
Dear whatever is listening,
Take me to Church. This book killed me. The last 45% of the book: killer(as in Michael Jackson Killer.)

I NEED MORE STELLAN!!!!

Update 13.03.2015: WE HAVE A NAME!!! MAP OF FATES! Sounds intresting I'm wondering if it somehow explains how their fates are interwined?

That awesome moment when the newest author you like sees your intresent and you're like:

Eri
Feb 01, 2015 rated it liked it

I'm torn about this book. It rather dreamily contains elements that I am admittedly fond of, including conspiracies, Russian boys (hah!), glamorous international travel, and some rather swoony scenes.

On the other hand, there's a major element that made me uncomfortable, and I don't know how to process that. (view spoiler)
Stefanie
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*maniacal laughing*
*crying tears of joy*

Someone...anyone, gimme this book already! I've been attempting to build a time machine to jump into the future to get my hands on Map of Fates .

This is like one of those books where the love triangle is pretty much not shitty

Ohhhh Jack and Avery <3....
Ohhhh Stellan and Avery <3....
Ohhhh Jack and Stellan <3....

Wait, what?

***Review Update***

Holy hell, what a ride. Map of Fates was just....//wow//

BUT LET ME JUST SAY THIS FIRST. Am I the only
Dahlia
Okay, there's only so much I can or want to say this early, because Maggie's my CP and I got to read this reallllly early (MAJOR PERK OF LIFE), and I know it'll have changed a lot by the time it's in a finished version, BUT, three things I already love so much I know any version of this would be five stars for me:

1. Avery's character arc. I loved watching Avery grow in The Conspiracy of Us, but that's from "ordinary girl" to, well, spoiler alert. But this book is about her fine tuning, and takin
Kassidy
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
An awesome follow up to the first book. The story and characters are developed so much more in this one!
Katie
This book was so fun! Definitely a great sequel to The Conspiracy of Us! There is travel and romance and excitement galore. Maggie's writing has great pacing, and she knows just how much description to add to ground you in each foreign setting without the story feeling bogged down in details.

Map of Fates is a slim sequel, but I think it set up for an exciting finale. Can't wait to see where Avery, Stellan, Jack, Elodie, and crew go from here!
Maggie ☘ (Wonderland-Reader)
Map of Fates was ultimately way better read than the first book, and after that ending I'm curious to see how this series will end.

I still think some things just don't quite make sense, it's still pretty much silly read at times(though not nearly as much as book one), and I'm not really invested in any of the characters, there's also way too much present love-triangle and the heroine'S damn indecisiveness about the two guys, yet..

I felt like this book was such an imporvement in terms of the sto
Cori Reed
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5 Stars

I'm le sad. I was so pleasantly surprised by the first book, but this one was a let down. WAY too focused on the love triangle aspect for my taste.
Sophie
As you can see in my review of book 1, I adored the story that Maggie wove. It ended on such a strong point, that I was dying to get my hands on the sequel, and finally bought it when I was in America in March. The events of Map of Fates take place not long after The Conspiracy of Us ended. Avery, Jack, and Stellan are searching for more clues to the lost tomb of Alexander, and know that the Order are bearing down on them at every turn. They've been given a two week reprieve from the Order, but ...more
Stacee
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
This was much better than the first one.

I again had some trouble connecting with Avery. She's still a bit whiny, but she's going through some things, so it makes sense. There's some definite growth from her and by the end of the book, she seems to have the potential to be a formidable opponent.

My main complaint was the back and forth with the boys. That got old pretty quickly. This time around had me rooting for one of them right away and I'm hoping I get the outcome I want.

Overall, a lot of

-Jack/Stellan bickering
-Elodie and more umbrella-knives
-The Mummy/Indiana Jones style tomb hunting
-Kissing (probably?)
-Finding out how much Avery's mom knows
-BICKERING AND KISSING AND ANGST
Natalie (Never trust a duck)
If I were Avery (which I'm not) and I had attended the ball of a baby-shower (which I have not) and people had pissed me off so (which they did) I'd seek revenge.
description
Kristin Hackett (SuperSpaceChick)
Originally posted on Super Space Chick:

Map of Fates by Maggie Hall is the second book in The Conspiracy of Us trilogy and while I hadn’t been as invested in the first book as I had hoped, the cliffhanger ending left my interest piqued enough to continue reading. Plus, the cover of Map of Fates is one of the prettiest of the year in my opinion! I’m pleased to report that I enjoyed Map of Fates much more thanThe Conspiracy of Us and while it still wasn’t a 5 star read, I am genuinely looking forwa
Nazeefa
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Okay, so Map of Fates continues the over-the-top conspiracy theories mixed with globe-trotting and dangerous adventures. People keep dying, and the plot twists just keep hitting you but more importantly, the kissing. I'm just here for the kissing and... the more than kissing.
AND UNDERWATER KISSING. *Winks

Avery seemed more grounded and logical in this. Also, Jack and Stellan moved beyond just hot, mysterious boys thankfully as we learned more about them. I only lose my cool for Stellan though my
mith
Definitely a step up from the first book. I'm excited to see where the last book goes.
Expected publication: March 8th 2016
wtf dont be rude.
HOLY SHIT THAT COVER IS BEAUTIFUL.
A pink cover? Hmm.
I kind of like the title.
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Dec 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books
That ending! I need the next book today! Full review to come.
Erin Arkin
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, ya, galley-arc
When I received Map of Fates by Maggie Hall I immediately realized I still needed to read The Conspiracy of Us and it was for no other reason than the fact that I just hadn’t gotten to it. I honestly have no idea why I waited so long to start this series as it has non-stop action and intrigue…all stuff I love.

Map of Fates picks up where The Conspiracy of Us left off. Avery has figured out what she is supposed to be destined for and how she fits into the Circle but she isn’t prepared to just do w
Lexie
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay, but, could at least 50% of contemporaries be this outlandish and this fun?

I've waxed poetic about fantasy squads for years on end, but there's something to be said about a contemporary squad banding together to, um... channel Napoleon and Alexander the Great?

It's exactly as entertaining as it sounds.
Maya
This has somehow turned from a stereotypical young adult series to an astounding, jaw-dropping read. Map of Fates was full of so many incredible and unpredictable plot twists that I'm suffering from proverbial whiplash. I need more Avery and Stellan right this second!
Belkis
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
LOVE LOVE LOVE THE COVER!!!
Brittany
4 Stars!!

"It's seductive, being wanted," he said. "Its what makes us less careful."

First of all... that ending.

WHAT IS HAPPENING>?!?!?

Second of all... book 2 was just as exciting and entertaining, if not more, than book 1. Look these books aren't talked about a whole lot. They aren't like SUPER AMAZING but they are SUPER FUN. I like a good mystery and something that keeps me guessing the whole time. I enjoyed the plot twists and the story change ups. The characters are highly entertaini
Jess
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I actually really liked it, like in the aftermath. At first I was feeling a real 4 star vibe but its not a 4.5 star vibe so lets make it 0.25 more.

(I want to put it out there that this review is literally just me spewing (great imagery) out thoughts. It's written in the same manner as how I talk, which is horribly ungrammatical and most definitely ineloquent. And I know, I have a problem with the word--like. I've got to let it go.)

See Maggie’s scrumptious offering is like my guilty pleasure.
Jordan (thejordanjournals)
1st read: August 16-18, 2017
2nd read: July 25, 2017

If I thought I loved the first book, then I don't even know what feelings I have towards this one. The second installment is even bigger and better and more adventurous than the first.

We pick up a couple weeks following the conclusion of the first novel. I love when authors do this because it allows our characters to have a new goal in mind and helps beat that second book slump. This second book definitely did not have second book slump. AT ALL
Jack or Stellan? 3 5 Mar 25, 2019 03:38PM
Book 3 Conspiracy Theories (SPOILERS for Books 1&2) 14 53 Jun 05, 2016 04:29AM
#TEAMJACK #JAVERY #THECONSPIRACYOFUS #MAPOFFATES 1 25 Oct 30, 2015 01:25PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 6 Jun 29, 2015 05:30PM
  • A Tale of Two Proms (Bard Academy, #4)
  • Reign Fall (Demon Princess #3)
  • Anjo da Morte (Os Karas, #3)
  • My Date From Hell (The Blooming Goddess Trilogy, #2)
  • Anya and the Shy Guy (Backstage Pass #4)
  • Azar o seu!
  • Daisy and the Front Man (Backstage Pass, #3)
  • Bitterroot Crossing
  • Inferno (Blood for Blood, #2)
  • The Long Game (The Fixer, #2)
  • The Assassin's Masque (Palace of Spies, #3)
  • Kissing Frogs
  • The Queen's Lady (The Lacey Chronicles, #2)
  • The Secret Prince (Knightley Academy, #2)
  • A Royal Birthday: A False Princess Short Story
  • My Sparkling Misfortune (The Lakeland Knight #1)
  • Going Rogue (Also Known As, #2)
  • Perdida (Perdida #1)
**Please note: I don't check messages on GR very often. Please contact me through my website: www.maggiehall.com or on twitter @MaggieEHall

Maggie Hall is a traveling, decorating, champagne-drinking, USC-football-watching YA author. She is currently traveling the world for an indefinite amount of time with her husband, which means right at this moment, she might be on a beach in Thailand, drinking

The Conspiracy of Us (3 books)
  • The Conspiracy of Us (The Conspiracy of Us, #1)
  • The Ends of the World (The Conspiracy of Us, #3)
“When I first met you," Stellan said again, sleepily, "I thought you were an idiot. Who gets on a plane with a stranger who just pulled a knife on her?" he said. "What is wrong with you? I could have been a serial killer.” 16 likes
“The rightful One and the girl with the violet eyes
The One, who walks through fire and does not burn
The girl, born of the twelve
Their fates mapped together become the fate of the circle
Through their union, the birthright of the Diadochi is uncovered.
The riches of Iskander, the power of Zeus, the means to vanquish the greatest enemies.
The One, when it is his, becomes invencible.”
5 likes