Start by marking “This World Bites (Cera Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
This World Bites (Cera Chronicles, #1)

This World Bites (Cera Chronicles, #1)

It's her first day on a new world, and Cera's already found trouble. Michael, her guardian, is bitten by a zombie and will soon join the undead ranks.

Everyone tells her there's no cure, but Cera won't give up. She'll face off with zombie hordes, demon slavers, and black market informants if it means she'll find a cure for Michael.

But she's not the only one hunting for so
Published January 19th 2015 by Stoneword Press

To ask other readers questions about This World Bites, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This World Bites

Start your review of This World Bites (Cera Chronicles, #1)
Christine Rains
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cera and her strange crew are searching for a cure for her comatose father. They've had their share of troubles, but none like that which faces them now on this new planet. Cera's guardian is bitten by a zombie, and as she searches for a way to save him, something is trying to capture her. Good thing she's a powerful elemental. Wait. Her powers don't work against demons? Oh oh.

What a wonderfully quirky and fun speculative fiction tale. It's over the top and it works so well. The reader is thrust
Chrys Fey
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This World Bites is the first book by Loni Townsend that I’ve read (although I have Thanmir War waiting for me) and I was blown away by her story telling. She’s so creative with her world building from the citizens to the food, and the languages and terms, that it’s easy to get sucked into the story and setting. Reading was fascinating because of that.

The characters in This World Bites are also unique. There are zombies, vampires, werewolves, and guardians. It’s like a potpourri of supernatural
Angela
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dry witty humor, in a world of vampires, zombies, werewolves and more. Quirky fun characters, in a fast paced, action filled world.
This novella reads like a full-length novel. No cliffhangers, only intrigue to find out what the next world entails for Cera and friends.
If you like the humor of Changes and the world building of Magic Bites you will love this story!
Susan Swiderski
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
When the pages of a book are populated by other-worldly beings, zombies, a pygmy cannibal who never removes his mask, wolf-people, vampires, and super-sized demons, you might think it was going to be one of those Stephen King-like books that makes you double-check the locks on the doors, and sleep with a night light burning. Well, in this case, you'd be wrong.

All of those creatures, and more, dwell within this story, but in spite of the blood, guts, and various and nefarious ways in which charac
Aldrea Alien
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed so much of this, so excuse me whilst I gush...

Brief plot layout: Cera hops from world to world looking for a cure for her father, and this ties her in with the Thanmir War. This world holds promise right up until one of the group gets bitten ... by a zombie.

The way things went down was quite clever, I enjoyed Loni's take on how the zombies (and werewolves and vampires and other beings) came about and having this little band scurry about trying to find a cure from their comrade whilst b
Medeia Sharif
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cera and her crew are on another planet looking for a cure for her ailing father, but then illness hits them. Cera’s guardian, Michael, is bitten by a zombie and all heck breaks loose. She needs to find a cure for him before he changes. This world doesn’t just have zombies...there are vampires, werewolves, and demons in this speculative fiction menagerie. Despite all the dangers, there’s a lot of humor in this novella. This was a fun read.
Camelyn
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this first installation in the Cera Chronicles! The characters were entertaining and engaging, the storyline was great, and Cera was sassy and wonderful! I can't wait for the next one to come out.
C.G. Coppola
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loni Townsend created a unique world filled with fun characters and great humor. Couldn't put it down! Can't wait for the next installment!
C.D. Gallant-King
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: swords-and-jokes
This World Bites is a fun and funny read that moves along at a great pace. It features a cast of weird, wonderful and well developed characters, especially the heroine and her guardians. I especially loved the pygmy Fues and his eternal quest for "meat" The heroine Cera is a fun character and I'm glad that despite her power she's still a bit childish and flawed. It makes her far more human and easier to relate to. Ms. Townsend has done a marvelous job of filling her (digital) pages with a crew o ...more
Elizabeth Seckman
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In a world filled with zombies, vamps, and freaks the super powered heroes are out to find a cure to save Cera's father when a member of their party is bitten by a zombie.So, they have to stay and find a fix for Michael before he turns into one of the stinking, biting dead. This story is packed with action and sprinkled with humor. Loni Townsend has such a wonderful way with irony and sarcasm, this was a book that was fun to read and would be fun to read again and again.
J.C. Jackson
Jan 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so much fun. I loved the characters and the quick pace of it. I also enjoyed a different take on vampires, zombies, and werewolves (and I'm still giggling over the chew toy comment). The action was good and I'm curious as to what Cera and her companions will find on the next world.
Stacy
Apr 03, 2015
C.F.
Apr 06, 2015
Loni
Jan 19, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Sarah Brentyn
Nov 07, 2017
Alora
Feb 15, 2018
Loni Townsend
Wife. Mother. Writer. Ninja. Squirrel.

By day, she writes code. By predawn darkness, she writes fantasies. All other times, she writes in her head.

People call her peculiar with a twisted sense of fashion, but don't let those understatements fool you. Her behavior is perfectly normal for a squirrel disguised as a human. That's part of being an epic ninja—-blending in.

She makes her home