Start by marking “Boss (Chianti Kisses #2)” as Want to Read:
Boss (Chianti Kisses #2)

Boss

(Chianti Kisses #2)

******This book is intended for mature audiences, over 18 years of age
This book is a sequel, Book 2 in the Chianti Kisses series.

Everybody expects something of Dom, they have his entire life. His family expects HIM to lead, provide, and support them. His company and employees expect him to keep their business successful, intact. His wife, V, expects him to be the beST ma
Published March 31st 2015

To ask other readers questions about Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boss

Natalie The Biblioholic
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, ku, mafia
As I suspected, the writing in this book was much improved. It was more fluid, allowing for an easier and therefore more enjoyable read.

So...

V was still annoying lol

surprise

But...

The story was told predominantly from Dom's POV so for that I was extremely grateful. At last, I could finally see the connection between this couple and it was both sweet and real.

The only real downfall were the sex scenes. Nothing pissed me off more than those damn sex scenes. They weren't sexy. They were actually awkward and
Lala
Apr 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ooh! It's getting interesting, the plot thickens and our Hero finds himself in the proverbial "between a rock and a hard place". He has a choice to make, two paths before him, which one will he choose? Will he stick to the straight and narrow? or Will he become Boss?
Valerie Miller
Mar 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow

This book had a lot of twist and turns in it. A few grammatical errors but a well written story. A definite buy. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Kim
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book in the Chianti Kiss Trilogy and should be read in order.

Dom is all too aware of his father’s and father-in-law’s past, and has done what he could to put it behind both families. Things start to get out of hand when Dom receives a threat against his wife Vincenza’s (V) life and Dom does what he thinks best for her and their entire family. Will Dom be able to save V or will he lose her in the process?

I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

V is happy to be marri
FTTEBB
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd book in the Chianti Kiss Trilogy and should be read in order.

I was given this book in exchange for an honest review.

V is happy to be marri
ByoBook Club
Apr 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
description

I am pretty sure that I like Ms. Oakes's books more and more with each new one that I read.

I knew at the end of Baby V, that there was going to be more to the story. There are some issues left unresolved but I was not sure where the story was going to go. This book opens after V and Dom get back from their honeymoon and the newlyweds are afforded no down time. Immediately there are threats that needed to be weeded out and while Dom had been trying to take the company in a new direction
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jun 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Jecca
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Read for ByoB:

Amanda
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Ooooh this story is getting better and better!

I really loved the beauty of the romance between Dom and V in Baby V. Book 2 is just as great but this story takes a bit of a hard turn! Dom has found himself between a rock and a hard place. He wants to keep on the legitimate path he and his cousins forged after their fathers passed and the family business was turned over to them entirely. But to keep his family, and especially V safe, he needs to return to the old ways.

The passion between V and
Tracey
Feb 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure what to expect in the book Boss, book 2 in the Chianti Kisses Series! Boss picked up from where Baby V left off. I was drawn into the book from the very beginning. I didn't want to put it down. I wanted to find out what was going to happen next.

In the last book both Dom and the Lombardi brothers try to keep their families' business on the up and up. They don't want to run their company the way their fathers had with mafia ties. They realize their is nothing but trouble being tied
Donna
Mar 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Boss is book two in Chianti Kisses series and focuses a great deal on Dom’s point of view. As we know from the end of Baby V, both families have a history with the mob and Dom and John have worked hard to separate the family business from that. With Rizzo being arrested in Baby V, it looks as though it could finally happen. However, that would just be too easy don’t you think? There is a threat against a family member and Dom does what he feels he must to keep his family safe. I personally don’t ...more
Jennifer Guffey
Boss (Chianti Kisses #2)
By: Tara Oakes
4/5 stars

This book starts out with Dom & V just returning to NYC from their honeymoon in Italy. (I was a little bummer that the wedding wasn’t written about or their super-hot honeymoon!) And while they had the time of their life, some of the shady side of their real world is about to come crashing down.

Dom has to try to balance using some of the contacts from the mafia side of his father’s associates because they are more skilled at the kind of protect
Bloggers From Down Under
Jul 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
**arc received for honest review **

Baby V married her soul mate the one she was destined to be with her Dom, everyone knew it and everyone seen it and they made it happen.
Now back from their honeymoon it’s time to be a wife to the CEO time to fill the shoes of a wife.

Dom comes crashing down off cloud 9 after his honeymoon with a letter that changes everything.

He must protect her.

He must protect the families.

He must b do everything in his power to keep them safe.

He makes the call.

One that he wil
Aly
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

It was really great to catch up with V and Dom, especially now that they're married and living together. It's nice to see that their relationship had developed to that point and they were happy. Although I have to admit that I did want to smack both at one point or another. Dom didn't seem to be learning lessons from his past and it was slightly frustrating. So yes, I have to say I loved the characters. And we were introduced to two
Cathy Guadagnino dotson
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have been given the opportunity to read all of Tara Oakes books for my honest review. every boook she writes captures you from begining to the end.

Boss is amazing. Dom is the dream alpha male throughout this story. he is a true Don in every sense of its meaning. He is protective of his wife Vincenza and family and will keep them safe at any price. This isn't the life he chose, it was the one he and his brother in laws were born into. In trying to stay away from how his father and father in la
Samantha  Kurtz of Sammy's Book Obsession
5 Stars From Sammy's Book Obsession!

MY THOUGHTS~

I was provided with a Review Copy/ARC for review.

If I really liked Baby V, then I absolutely fell in love with Boss! Great read! I couldn't put it down. Boss was captivating from front to back.

The writing was very well done in Boss and the characters were A-mazing! We got more of the already established characters that were introduced in Baby V and we also got some new ones with Boss. I loved the relationships in this book, whether romantic or
DJ Sakata
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Favorite Quotes:

“They’re all wrong. This can’t be bad. How can something be a sin if it feels like heaven?”

“I feel anger building. Rejection starting to fester like water on the brink of boiling.”

“’I’m here baby. I’ll always be here.’ His words soothe me, but it’s the unspoken emotion, the fact that he says this with a bold certainty that assures me completely.”

My Review:

Boss was not as steamy as the first book in the series, Baby V, but provided a heaping helping of intrigue and suspense instea
Sarah - Vanilla Twist Reads
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
V and Dom have just arrived home honeymoon and life is perfect or so they think, but others have different plans for them and target the most important part of Dom's life. Dom made promises to V that he would be honest with her after all the recent family revelations but he finds his need to protect her from this greater and starts to push her and family away in order to deal with this threat.

Dom as steered the company along a straight and narrow path the best he can moving away from old famil
Tanya Rae ~ TaSTy WordGasms
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mafia-romance
I just finished with the “Boss” by Tara Oakes. I truly enjoyed this one. I think this is the first Mafia romance that I have read. I thought I had read Baby V and I actually had not. However, I don’t think it hurt me by not reading it. Other than there were a few things I obviously didn’t know about some of the characters development. I still enjoyed reading Boss and never felt lost.

Now I will go back and read Baby V and then I can go on with the rest of this series as they come out.

AS always I
Jody Pardo
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
At the end of Book one, you get a sense that there is more to Dom's business than meets the eye and definitely doesn't want to tell V. Dom is the epitome of macho and if he would just trust that V is not Baby V anymore and quite grown up, a lot of problems could be avoided, but then we wouldn't have such a great story! I loved the twists and turn this book took as we learn more about the history of both families and how it relates to present day. Old grudges die hard, or not at all in simmer in ...more
★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★
[image error]
I liked this one a lot more than the first one. Marriage has done nice things to V; she is no longer this unsure girl but a woman who knows how to stand by her man and the transformation was great to see. Yes, they fought so it wasn't just flowers and sunshines but it was also very realistic.
Dom too has settled. Yes, he is keeping secrets again, and you'd think he would have learned from the first time but he is doing better.
We also get a piece of Theresa in here, which is nice as
Riza
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Stars!

This is my favorite yet from Chianti Kisses Series!
I've lived Dom since Baby V, i just like the all alpha in him and sweet in his own way.
In this book I've seen the other side of Dom, as a husband and a leader/boss and it made me love him more specially the way he loves V.
This book is action-filled, hot and there's a scene that made me really cry. I've read all of Tara’s books and I just want to say I've never read a booknof hers that I didn't like!

*Complimentary copy provided by the
Judie
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*An ARC was provided in exchange of an honest review*

I love me some Dom! I was hooked every since reading Baby V! And this book does not disappoint! Seeing a different side to Dom will just turn you to putty! This read has parts that will keep you on the edge of your seat, parts that have you swooning, parts that make you cry; and let's not forget the parts that bring up the heat! Such a great read!!!
Brittany
May 10, 2015 rated it liked it
The Ending

The book had a nice story line. I think it could have used a little more on the end, more to the confrontation. After Carmine is shoot it just ended, nothing else is done. What about the interrogation, the showdown to determine if he can be trusted. There were also a lot of grammatical errors in the book. Proof reading is your friend.
KellyMae
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5

*Boss* was a great follow up to *Baby V. There was action and mystery. I really like Tara Oakes' writing. I'm a big fan of Dom. He has so much love for 'V' and his family, he will do anything to protect them. 'V' is a strong woman that can stand up to her man! I look forward to reading the next book *Betrayed*
Auhmanduh
Apr 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
So far

So good. The characters are well rounded, the plot makes sense. Both books were easy reads that I enjoyed... I am interested to see if Doms questions are answered in book 3. Otherwise, I'm not really interested in Theresa and canines story... no offense lol.
Rachel Wheeler
Apr 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Crime family... 3.75 stars

So for mob family's this book is pretty mild. Dom is a great alpha role and V is a sweet timid wife... A lot of crap happens and we are introduce to Carmine... Ohhhh yeah can't wait to get to know him in book 3!
Arleen Stevens
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I want a Boss!

I could not put it down! I live this series, I live V and Dom together,with the rest of the family too but they area great couple! I'm off to read the next book. Only thing I would change is the editing a few of misspelled words here and there.
jenn browne
May 30, 2015 rated it liked it
Boss....

A good continuation in the series....I'm not usually a stickler on editing but this has a lot of mistakes...Another review couldn't hurt....I'm still curious on his this story will end...I'll be on the lookout for book 3.
Windy Harris
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Page Turner

I can't wait for book three this was a great read and I'm a hard critic so it was nice to ready this and truly enjoy it and even though it's a series there's no cliff hangers Thank You Tara!!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Dream Magic (Magic #2)
  • Cole
  • Chasing Thunder (Wyndryder #1)
  • If I Could I'd Wish It All Away
  • Beyond the Orange Moon (Mathews Family, #2)
  • Slate (Rebel Wayfarers MC, #2)
  • She's Mine
  • Not a Book
  • Salvation (Heal Me, #1)
  • Epic Love (Epic Fail, #3)
  • Windows (Coming Home, #1)
  • Mobster's Vendetta (Mobster, #3)
  • Stupid Hearts
  • Interference
  • Love and Hate (The Pierce Family Trilogy #1)
  • One More Time (Nicki Sosebee, #5)
  • Moonlight Bleu

Chianti Kisses (3 books)
  • Baby V (Chianti Kisses #1)
  • Betrayed (Chianti Kisses, #3)
“Are you sure, V? I mean, I never want to push you to do anything your not ready to.” 0 likes