Start by marking “Dashing Through the Snow” as Want to Read:
Dashing Through the Snow

Dashing Through the Snow

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  10,106 ratings  ·  1,370 reviews

Savor the magic of the season with #1 New York Times bestselling author Debbie Macomber’s newest Christmas novel, filled with warmth, humor, the promise of love, and a dash of unexpected adventure.

Ashley Davison, a graduate student in California, desperately wants to spend the holidays with her family in Seattle. Dashiell Sutherland, a former army intelligence officer, has a job interview in Seaadventure.

Ashley#1

Published October 6th 2015 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about Dashing Through the Snow, please sign up.
Sue Marie Well, it seemed long to me........driving from central Wisconsin to near Munising (Lake Superior). About 1/2 to 2/3 of the way there it started…moreWell, it seemed long to me........driving from central Wisconsin to near Munising (Lake Superior). About 1/2 to 2/3 of the way there it started snowing. I kept going but it was treacherous.
One Thanksgiving my daughter drove with me from central Wisconsin to the Twin Cities in rain, ice and snow. It was an agonizingly long journey but she was undaunted. Should have been a 4-4 1/2 hour trip but was lots longer.(less)

·  10,106 ratings  ·  1,370 reviews

Start your review of Dashing Through the Snow
Claire Robinson
Nov 09, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, christmas
1 - Errrr....... Star.

DNF @ 55%

I really am at a loss as to find anything positive to say about this book. Debbie Macomber is a huge, huge author, with dozens and dozens of books to her name, and to be honest I was expecting Dashing Through The Snow to be one of my Christmas hits in the reading department, this was so much of a miss it is not even funny.

To be honest I am actually struggling to believe that this book has been written by this author. I was expecting a heart-warming story-line, likeab/>DNF
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
www.melissa413readsalot.blogspot.com

This was a sweet little Christmas read :)

Dash and Ashley are both trying to get to Seattle before Christmas, yet both of them wait until the last moment to try to get a plane. We all know there is not flights available so after some arguing they decide to share the last rental car and drive from San Francisco area to Seattle. Dash has an interview he has to make on the 23rd and Ash just wants to get home and see her mom for Christmas.

They run into issues along the way. Dash loses his phone which m
Elaine
Nov 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: christmas
Debbie Macomber is an author who has been on my radar for some time now. One I have been meaning to check out but never got round to until now but on the strength of this read I don’t know whether I would bother again.

When the airlines are fully booked up before Christmas, Ash and Dash (yes, really) are forced to share a hire car to drive from San Francisco to Seattle in this road trip story that is a quick, light, easy read. We know exactly what is going to happen from the first mom
Trina (Between Chapters)
This book irritated me so much. Shallow, trite plot and writing. Undefined characters that contradicted themselves in the same scene. Rushed romance with zero chemistry. The whole FBI plot was.... not good. This was just not good. (This is totally subjective of course! And keep in mind that this is not my usual genre.)
Dana Kenedy (Dana and the Books)
3.5/5 This review can also be found on my blog, Dana and the Books.

Those who know me well are aware that I’m not big on Christmas cheer; some go as far to call me a Grinch.

Why the hell is she reading a Christmas novel, you ask? The reason I requested Dashing Through the Snow book from NetGalley was not because it was a Christmas story, but because the plot looked like fun and cute (and it just so happened to take place during Christmas).

And I was right. It was one of t
Allison  Junkans
Nov 15, 2015 rated it did not like it
When I was in elementary school, I thought I was a great writer so I wrote stories for my teachers and parents. If I read any of those stories today, I would be embarrassed. However, this book is so much worse than anything I ever wrote. I don't believe Debbie Macomber wrote this. I think her ghost writer needs to get fired for writing this book. This is one of the worst books I've read in years. I usually rate books pretty high.
The characters were one dimensional. The big conflict of the book
Jonel
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Macomber had me in stitches throughout this entire novel! It was priceless to the n-th degree. The plot was unforgettable. The story that she has created not only bought the hectic vibe of the season to life, but she took me on an unmistakable journey. The plot twists and turns had me wondering how it would all turn out. She has developed a fantastic world in which characters come to life and adventure abounds, even if it is an unexpected one.

The relationship between the main charact
Katiria
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites-books
Another audio book that I have read through overdrive, I am in a roll with audio books. But this is actually the first book that I have read by Debbie Macomber. And it definitely won't be my last Macomber book that I will read. This was such an fun and adorable book for me. I really wanted too read at least one Christmas book for the holiday. So I check out on overdrive on there holiday books and I come up with Dashing Through The Snow. When I first read the synopsis it sounded so much like a mo ...more
Suzanne
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fluffy Debbie Macomber read, though being a Christmas themed novel I was expecting more 'Christmas', not exactly the FBI chasing an alleged terrorist plot! It was a little funny the dialogue of the FBI agents, they were far from switched on, but I guess it fit within this type of book. Dash and Ash (a little sickly?!) meet at the airport during peak Christmas time and there are no flights left. How will they get to their destination with all this snow and no airline seats available? T ...more
Melissa Rose
I don’t particularly know what to say about this Dashing Through the Snow other than to state that it is officially my favourite Debbie Macomber Christmas story.

It has become my annual tradition to listen to this novel at least once during the Christmas, yet I still never fail to smile because of the characters and the situations they encounter.

Furthermore, Allyson Ryan did an incredible job at expertly bringing Ash and Dash to life. Her voice was calming and cheery; perfect for narrating a De
Faith
3.5

Overall, cute and funny. I could have did without the five instances of cussing and four/five mentions of things that I didn't care to hear about... Due to that, I think I liked the movie better. ;)
Wendi Lee
I don’t generally read romance novels. Let’s get that right out of the way. I read many genres, but my knowledge of romance novels is confined to a bodice-ripper I read when I was 16, and more recently, a collection of Amish romance stories (I liked these a lot better than the bodice-ripper, but I’m still not convinced romances are for me).

But ... I was in the mood for holiday fiction, and my mom is a diehard romance fan. Not the x-rated stuff, but the cozy romance books, like this o
Tracy
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
It was a nice story about a road trip Christmas adventure but I found the main character Ashley to be young and silly. The guy Dash did not come off as wonderful as she thought he was. Still if another book is written to see where they go from here I will invest the time to read it, just to see if she matures more.
Carla
Debbie Macomber is back with this lovely Christmas story! I love Ashley and Dash. This book will make you laugh out loud a lot and draw you in from the very first page!! I had a hard time putting this book down. This will soon be a movie on the Hallmark Channel and I can't wait to watch it!
Deanne Patterson
Dnf. This is not your typical Debbie Macomber Hallmark type Christmas book. Main characters are not to my liking and the FBI is after them. Just not enjoying it :(
Nov 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Quick, fluffy Christmas read with a touch of lighthearted humor and a happy ending. The audio was enjoyable and entertaining, too. For some reason though, I assumed this would be a clean read but was surprised by a few profanities and comments that were made. If you prefer Christmas stories that don't make you cry, and are looking for a really light read, you might enjoy this.
Angel
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads-wins
Ashley Davison finds herself in quite the predicament. The clerk at the airline counter won't sell her a plane ticket to Seattle to surprise her mom for Christmas, and she is too young to rent a car. But salvation comes in the form of ex-soldier Dash Sutherland. Who was trying to convince Ashley to let him ride with her, since it was the very last car and they were both going to Seattle, but Ashley refused until she was told she wasn't old enough to get a rental. Then she changed her tune and fo ...more
Arlene
Dashing Through the Snow by Debbie Macomber is another light, enjoyable, holiday read to dive into this Christmas season. It’s quick, easy to breeze through, and filled with light adventure.

Ashley Davison is hoping to get from San Francisco to Seattle in time to surprise her mother for Christmas. When she arrives at the airport there are no flights available, and in her desperate situation she agrees to share a ride with Dashiell Sutherland who is also on his way up north for a job inter
Pamela
Dec 18, 2017 rated it liked it
A bit of Merry Mayhem . . . in a most absurdly serendipitous, romantically improbable, gotta-get-home-for-the-holidays, totally overdone, sugary sweet, Chick-Lit-cute way.

During the hustle and bustle of the holidays, sometimes that's exactly what you need. A bit of absurd fun.

THREE *** Tis the Season for Sugarplum Serendipity and Chick-Lit Cheer *** STARS
Nita Kohli
Jan 06, 2016 rated it liked it
*I got an ARC from Netgalley

I had only read one more book from Debbie Macomber before this and that was Last One Home. I read it last year and I found it okay. It was fine enough to make me pick another book from this author. Hence, this book!

Cover

This book is set in Christmas and the cover perfectly depicts this theme. And the cover is really beautiful!

Plot

Ashley Davison wants to spend her Christmas with her mother and hence, desperately wants to reach Seattle.

Loraine
Nov 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
With wonderful, but zany, romance, a touch of mystery, mistaken identity, and lots of Christmas spirit, this book is a quick and enjoyable read. Ashley Davison has unexpected time off and wants to surprise her mom in Seattle for Christmas. Dashiell Sutherland has just discharged from the military as an intelligence officer and is heading to Seattle for an important job interview. With no plane flights available three days before Christmas and only one car left on the rental lot, Ashley and Dash ...more
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Kim
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
bought this evening at Ollie's for $2.99
☕️Kimberly
The story starts with a message from Debbie Macomber herself on how the story first came to fruition and it made me chuckle.

Ashley Davidson is a graduate student in California and a rare opportunity comes along allowing her to spend the holidays with her mother. Unfortunately, she cannot get a flight. No worries, she will just rent a car and drive home. When she gets to the checkout, she discovers there is only one vehicle left. Hooray! The man behind her Dashiell Sutherland a former
Amanda
Dec 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday, romance
This was my first time reading a book by Debbie Macomber. Unfortunately, I wasn't very impressed with this one. The romance centers around Dash and Ash (yes, those are their names), two holiday travelers and strangers trying to get from San Francisco to Seattle. When neither is able to get a flight, they are forced to share a rental car to drive to Seattle. The novel was too sugary sweet for me and predictable, and the FBI pursuit was a little silly in terms of execution.
On a positive note
Cecelia
May 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Ashley, a graduate student, needs to find transportation home. She wants to surprise her mom for Christmas. When she meets Dash, a good-looking man at the airport, they are “forced” to rent the last car on the lot to drive to Seattle. The chemistry between these two strangers is strong, too strong for them to ignore. Overall, I thought this book was extremely light reading, not too heavy story line. If you like Christmas books with a light plot, then you should give this one a try. - See more at ...more
Ann Green
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always look for Debbie Macomber's Christmas books to get me in the holiday spirit! Last year's "Mr. Miracle" was a disappointment but I wanted to give this prolific author another chance. Dashing Through the Snow is a timely and fun holiday read. I loved the unfolding story of Ashley and Dash and the puppy "Little Blade" who unexpectedly joins their homeward quest. If you love stories of "love at first sight", sprinkled with snow and heartwarming mothers who want the best for their children, g ...more
Kelli
Dec 02, 2016 rated it liked it
2.5 rounded up. I chose this book because it was available immediately on overdrive and the subject was about Christmas. The book was pleasant enough, but didn't make me long for Christmas or put me more in the holiday spirit. It was easy to listen to while doing household work.
Dec 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: spl, audiobook, 2015
This is one I actually regret reading, which is rare for me. Dumb characters, idiotic plot...the only thing going for it was the puppy. And the way the characters treated that poor puppy made me crazy!
Jackie Lane
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just love Christmas books and this one was no different. I loved that it was light and funny as well as having some crazy situations.

• The Mistletoe Promise
  • The Mistletoe Inn
  • The Christmas Town (Christmas Hope #8)
  • The Nine Lives of Christmas
  • The Mistletoe Secret
  • The Christmas Train
  • Hide Little Wolf: The Aurora Marelup Series
  • The Christmas Wedding
  • The Noel Stranger (The Noel Collection, #2)
  • The Christmas Note (Christmas Hope #6)
  • Marry Me at Christmas (Fool's Gold, #19)
  • The Christmas Journey
  • One Snowy Night (Heartbreaker Bay, #2.5)
  • The Christmas Secret (Christmas Hope, #5)
  • The Christmas Joy Ride
  • An Island Christmas
  • The Trouble with Christmas (Christmas, Colorado, #1)
  • The Christmas Light (Christmas Hope #7)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 1,000 weeks on the New York Time ...more