Start by marking “Dashing Through the Snow” as Want to Read:
Dashing Through the Snow

Dashing Through the Snow

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  8,254 Ratings  ·  1,157 Reviews

Savor the magic of the season with #1 New York Times bestselling author Debbie Macomber’s newest Christmas novel, filled with warmth, humor, the promise of love, and a dash of unexpected adventure.

Ashley Davison, a graduate student in California, desperately wants to spend the holidays with her family in Seattle. Dashiell Sutherland, a former army intelligence officer, has

Published October 6th 2015 by Ballantine Books

To ask other readers questions about Dashing Through the Snow, please sign up.
Sue Marie Well, it seemed long to me........driving from central Wisconsin to near Munising (Lake Superior). About 1/2 to 2/3 of the way there it started…moreWell, it seemed long to me........driving from central Wisconsin to near Munising (Lake Superior). About 1/2 to 2/3 of the way there it started snowing. I kept going but it was treacherous.
One Thanksgiving my daughter drove with me from central Wisconsin to the Twin Cities in rain, ice and snow. It was an agonizingly long journey but she was undaunted. Should have been a 4-4 1/2 hour trip but was lots longer.(less)

Claire Robinson
Nov 09, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: christmas, dnf
1 - Errrr....... Star.

DNF @ 55%

I really am at a loss as to find anything positive to say about this book. Debbie Macomber is a huge, huge author, with dozens and dozens of books to her name, and to be honest I was expecting Dashing Through The Snow to be one of my Christmas hits in the reading department, this was so much of a miss it is not even funny.

To be honest I am actually struggling to believe that this book has been written by this author. I was expecting a heart-warming story-line, lik
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
www.melissa413readsalot.blogspot.com

This was a sweet little Christmas read :)

Dash and Ashley are both trying to get to Seattle before Christmas, yet both of them wait until the last moment to try to get a plane. We all know there is not flights available so after some arguing they decide to share the last rental car and drive from San Francisco area to Seattle. Dash has an interview he has to make on the 23rd and Ash just wants to get home and see her mom for Christmas.

They run into issues alo
Elaine
Nov 11, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: christmas
Debbie Macomber is an author who has been on my radar for some time now. One I have been meaning to check out but never got round to until now but on the strength of this read I don’t know whether I would bother again.

When the airlines are fully booked up before Christmas, Ash and Dash (yes, really) are forced to share a hire car to drive from San Francisco to Seattle in this road trip story that is a quick, light, easy read. We know exactly what is going to happen from the first moment they mee
Dana Kenedy (Dana and the Books)
3.5/5 This review can also be found on my blog, Dana and the Books.

Those who know me well are aware that I’m not big on Christmas cheer; some go as far to call me a Grinch.

Why the hell is she reading a Christmas novel, you ask? The reason I requested Dashing Through the Snow book from NetGalley was not because it was a Christmas story, but because the plot looked like fun and cute (and it just so happened to take place during Christmas).

And I was right. It was one of those stories that you need
Cait • A Page with a View
This is my favorite Hallmark Christmas movie, but I honestly thought the whole book was pretty... dull. I really did want to love it! The plots are basically the same, yet the book was somehow missing all of the personality, witty banter, adorable moments, and Christmas cheer of the movie. It's just a very bland read. I think it would still be good if you're looking for something to put you to sleep, though! (And I say that in all seriousness because I did appreciate that aspect).
Jonel Boyko
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Macomber had me in stitches throughout this entire novel! It was priceless to the n-th degree. The plot was unforgettable. The story that she has created not only bought the hectic vibe of the season to life, but she took me on an unmistakable journey. The plot twists and turns had me wondering how it would all turn out. She has developed a fantastic world in which characters come to life and adventure abounds, even if it is an unexpected one.

The relationship between the main characters was hila
Katiria
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites-books
Another audio book that I have read through overdrive, I am in a roll with audio books. But this is actually the first book that I have read by Debbie Macomber. And it definitely won't be my last Macomber book that I will read. This was such an fun and adorable book for me. I really wanted too read at least one Christmas book for the holiday. So I check out on overdrive on there holiday books and I come up with Dashing Through The Snow. When I first read the synopsis it sounded so much like a mo ...more
Allison  Junkans
Nov 15, 2015 rated it did not like it
When I was in elementary school, I thought I was a great writer so I wrote stories for my teachers and parents. If I read any of those stories today, I would be embarrassed. However, this book is so much worse than anything I ever wrote. I don't believe Debbie Macomber wrote this. I think her ghost writer needs to get fired for writing this book. This is one of the worst books I've read in years. I usually rate books pretty high.
The characters were one dimensional. The big conflict of the book
Faith
3.5

Overall, cute and funny. I could have did without the five instances of cussing and four/five mentions of things that I didn't care to hear about... Due to that, I think I liked the movie better. ;)
Wendi Lee
I don’t generally read romance novels. Let’s get that right out of the way. I read many genres, but my knowledge of romance novels is confined to a bodice-ripper I read when I was 16, and more recently, a collection of Amish romance stories (I liked these a lot better than the bodice-ripper, but I’m still not convinced romances are for me).

But ... I was in the mood for holiday fiction, and my mom is a diehard romance fan. Not the x-rated stuff, but the cozy romance books, like this one. I’m also
Tracy
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was ok
It was a nice story about a road trip Christmas adventure but I found the main character Ashley to be young and silly. The guy Dash did not come off as wonderful as she thought he was. Still if another book is written to see where they go from here I will invest the time to read it, just to see if she matures more.
Carla
Debbie Macomber is back with this lovely Christmas story! I love Ashley and Dash. This book will make you laugh out loud a lot and draw you in from the very first page!! I had a hard time putting this book down. This will soon be a movie on the Hallmark Channel and I can't wait to watch it!
Deanne Patterson
Dnf. This is not your typical Debbie Macomber Hallmark type Christmas book. Main characters are not to my liking and the FBI is after them. Just not enjoying it :(
Arlene
Dec 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Dashing Through the Snow by Debbie Macomber is another light, enjoyable, holiday read to dive into this Christmas season. It’s quick, easy to breeze through, and filled with light adventure.

Ashley Davison is hoping to get from San Francisco to Seattle in time to surprise her mother for Christmas. When she arrives at the airport there are no flights available, and in her desperate situation she agrees to share a ride with Dashiell Sutherland who is also on his way up north for a job interview.

As
Nita Kohli
Jan 06, 2016 rated it liked it
*I got an ARC from Netgalley

I had only read one more book from Debbie Macomber before this and that was Last One Home. I read it last year and I found it okay. It was fine enough to make me pick another book from this author. Hence, this book!

Cover

This book is set in Christmas and the cover perfectly depicts this theme. And the cover is really beautiful!

Plot

Ashley Davison wants to spend her Christmas with her mother and hence, desperately wants to reach Seattle.
Dashiell Sutherland needs to be in
Angel
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads-wins
Ashley Davison finds herself in quite the predicament. The clerk at the airline counter won't sell her a plane ticket to Seattle to surprise her mom for Christmas, and she is too young to rent a car. But salvation comes in the form of ex-soldier Dash Sutherland. Who was trying to convince Ashley to let him ride with her, since it was the very last car and they were both going to Seattle, but Ashley refused until she was told she wasn't old enough to get a rental. Then she changed her tune and fo ...more
Pamela
Dec 18, 2017 rated it liked it
A bit of Merry Mayhem . . . in a most absurdly serendipitous, romantically improbable, gotta-get-home-for-the-holidays, totally overdone, sugary sweet, Chick-Lit-cute way.

During the hustle and bustle of the holidays, sometimes that's exactly what you need. A bit of absurd fun.

THREE *** Tis the Season for Sugarplum Serendipity and Chick-Lit Cheer *** STARS
Kim
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
bought this evening at Ollie's for $2.99
☕ Kimberly
The story starts with a message from Debbie Macomber herself on how the story first came to fruition and it made me chuckle.

Ashley Davidson is a graduate student in California and a rare opportunity comes along allowing her to spend the holidays with her mother. Unfortunately, she cannot get a flight. No worries, she will just rent a car and drive home. When she gets to the checkout, she discovers there is only one vehicle left. Hooray! The man behind her Dashiell Sutherland a former army intell
Amanda
Dec 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: holiday, romance
This was my first time reading a book by Debbie Macomber. Unfortunately, I wasn't very impressed with this one. The romance centers around Dash and Ash (yes, those are their names), two holiday travelers and strangers trying to get from San Francisco to Seattle. When neither is able to get a flight, they are forced to share a rental car to drive to Seattle. The novel was too sugary sweet for me and predictable, and the FBI pursuit was a little silly in terms of execution.
On a positive note, this
Ann Green
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I always look for Debbie Macomber's Christmas books to get me in the holiday spirit! Last year's "Mr. Miracle" was a disappointment but I wanted to give this prolific author another chance. Dashing Through the Snow is a timely and fun holiday read. I loved the unfolding story of Ashley and Dash and the puppy "Little Blade" who unexpectedly joins their homeward quest. If you love stories of "love at first sight", sprinkled with snow and heartwarming mothers who want the best for their children, g ...more
Cecelia
May 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Ashley, a graduate student, needs to find transportation home. She wants to surprise her mom for Christmas. When she meets Dash, a good-looking man at the airport, they are “forced” to rent the last car on the lot to drive to Seattle. The chemistry between these two strangers is strong, too strong for them to ignore. Overall, I thought this book was extremely light reading, not too heavy story line. If you like Christmas books with a light plot, then you should give this one a try. - See more at ...more
Dec 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: spl, audiobook, 2015
This is one I actually regret reading, which is rare for me. Dumb characters, idiotic plot...the only thing going for it was the puppy. And the way the characters treated that poor puppy made me crazy!
Kelli
Dec 02, 2016 rated it liked it
2.5 rounded up. I chose this book because it was available immediately on overdrive and the subject was about Christmas. The book was pleasant enough, but didn't make me long for Christmas or put me more in the holiday spirit. It was easy to listen to while doing household work.
Jackie Lane
Jun 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I just love Christmas books and this one was no different. I loved that it was light and funny as well as having some crazy situations.
Nadine
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
I seriously don't follow the holidays or seasons when it comes to reading. I needed a little snow in my very hot July! This was a cute love story and I enjoyed the holiday aspect of it. To be completely honest though, I never really connected with any of the characters and the story felt a little cheesy to me and very predictable.

Bottom Line: If you are looking for a light holiday read, this might fit the bill. It wasn't my favorite though.

Rating: 2.5/5
Ami

This is not my first Macomber -- I read her Harlequin books years ago! -- but definitely the first after so many years. I'm starting to see those holiday books around this time of year (their covers are always so pretty!) and I feel like I'm up for something light and Christmas-y plus this book promised road trip. Well, in that sense I thought this book did have it. It was light -- two stranger forced into sharing a car trip to Seattle in time for Christmas. Some of the banters were nic
Janet
Oct 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book made me smile.

It was a quick Christmas read that will be turned into a Hallmark movie.

Ashley is wanting to fly to Seattle to surprise her mom for Christmas. But someone with her same name is on the do not fly list and therefore she can't fly. She goes to rent a car and isn't able to because she is under 25 but the man behind her (the same man that was behind her at the airline ticket counter) rents the car and agrees to share it with Ashley.

The story that unfolds as they drive from S
Kimberly
This was a super-light novella that marked the start of my holiday reading. My disbelief was suspended until almost the end when I just couldn't buy into the outcome. I know, it's a Christmas story, so it will end happily. But it goes from the characters being in a really bad situation to everything ending up rosy literally overnight. Yup, I couldn't buy into that. But heck, it's a Christmas story and a pick despite its faults.
Kathryn
Sep 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas, 2015
First sentence: "What? Are you kidding?" Ashley Davison couldn't believe what she was hearing.

Favorite quote: Her father used to say that snow came from angels scattering dust from the sky.

These books are always such a joy to read. Simple, happy endings, makes me feel good inside to read them. And, starts the Christmas spirit. I look forward to the movie later this year on Hallmark.
  • The Christmas Joy Ride
  • The Nine Lives of Christmas
  • The Christmas Bouquet (Chesapeake Shores, #11)
  • An Island Christmas
  • Christmas in Mustang Creek (The Brides of Bliss County, #4)
  • Marry Me at Christmas (Fool's Gold, #19)
  • Together for Christmas (Kismet, Michigan, #3)
  • Christmas with Tucker (A Dog Named Christmas #0.5)
  • The Mistletoe Inn
  • Christmas Wishes and Mistletoe Kisses
  • Blame It on the Mistletoe
  • Winter Wonderland (LoveTravel #10)
  • Long, Tall Christmas (A Cowboy Christmas, #1)
  • Home for Christmas
  • The Christmas Clock
  • One Wish in Manhattan
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 1,000 weeks on the New York Time ...more
More about Debbie Macomber

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Bend in the Road
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Flame and the Flower (Birmingham)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be