Start by marking “Crystal Kingdom (Kanin Chronicles, #3)” as Want to Read:
Crystal Kingdom (Kanin Chronicles, #3)

Crystal Kingdom

(Kanin Chronicles #3)

Cast out by her kingdom and far from home, she's the Kanin people's only hope.

Bryn Aven - unjustly charged with murder and treason - is on the run. The one person who can help is her greatest enemy, the enigmatic Konstantin Black. Konstantin is her only ally against those who have taken over her kingdom and threaten to destroy everything she holds dear. But can
Published August 1st 2015 by PanMacmillan Australia

To ask other readers questions about Crystal Kingdom, please sign up.
Ruby G
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Katerina
Apr 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*5 "I can't believe this wonderful journey is over" stars*

“Troll seeking other trolls to combat evil troll army.”

This summarizes pretty much Crystal Kingdom.Add some adventure,devastating deaths,loathsome villains and heartbreaking romance and you have an excellent novel!Bryn is on the run,falsely accused of murder and treason and finds an unexpected ally in the face of Konstantin Black.Together they try to gather support
Anne
Jun 30, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the other books?
Right off the bat, I wanna admit that I had no idea this was part of a trilogy when I requested it from NetGalley. I just saw Hocking's name and clicked it immediately.
In my defense, there was no mention of previous books in the description, so I just assumed this was the start of a new series.
And you know what happens when you ASS-U-ME something.
You end up with marshmallow fluff, hardening at an unbelievably rapid rate, all over the inside of your microwave. Amirite?!

And you know what happens when you ASS-U-ME something.

description

What? Was there another analogy or something?
My point is, I went into this with a lot of missing backstory. A. Lot.
But I will give Hocking credit, I felt like she did a great job recapping the other stories, and I didn't feel as lost as I could have. By the end, I think I had a pretty good grasp on the overall plot of the other two books!

description

The problem was, I didn't care much for the actual plot.
It wasn't bad, just middle of the road. But, by the end, I just wanted to be finished with the book, so I could tick it off my to-do list.
Again, this could quite possibly be because I wasn't fully invested in the outcome of these characters, due to not having read the first two of books. And I haven't read her Trylle trilogy, either. Some of the characters from those books appear in this one, since this (appears to be) a spin-off from that world. I said that to say this, fans of those books may find this one to be much more interesting than I did.

description

So, there's a Troll world living within our world. And they're split into several different kingdoms.
Bryn is a high-ranking tracker from one of them, but because of events that have transpired in the other books, she's been framed for treason & murder, which has landed her on the kingdom's Most Wanted list.
In order to save her friends, family, and true love, she'll need to find out who is really responsible for the conspiracy. She teams up with unlikely allies, forms unlikely friendships, uncovers secrets, and tries to save the day.
Ta-da!

description

Having not read the other books, I don't feel right rating this lower than 3 stars, but I'm not going out of my way to recommend this one to anyone, either.

ARC provided by NetGalley & the publisher.

Alyssa

Book Three of the Kanin Chronicles
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Publication Date: August 4, 2015
Rating: 4 stars
Source: ARC sent by the publisher

Summary (from Goodreads):

Bryn must decide: follow her head or her heart. Thrown into a world of suspense an
Norah Una Sumner
Aug 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fantasy lovers,young-adult readers
"It is so contradictory that life can be the worst it‘s ever been and the best it‘s ever been all at once. It‘s strange how love can blossom even in the darkest places."

Okay,first of all,there is so much foreshadowing in this book that I pretty much knew what's going to happen/who's going to die etc.But that doesn't mean that it was easier for me to cope with all of those things.I loved how we got to see the whole Trylle+Kanin squad here,I really enjoyed those parts.Bryn is same as always,I love how
Cody
Jun 28, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, to-be-released
Ice Kissed left with Bryn on the run, she’s now on The Most Wanted List among the Kanin. With no one to trust or turn to she finds herself aligned with fellow fugitive and gorgeous bad boy Konstantin Black. Under the rule of the evil Queen Mina, the people of Doldastam are trapped under her tyranny. Together Bryn and Konstantin travel all over the troll kingdoms seeking help to over throw her rule and to save Kanin trolls, but who would listen to traitors of the crown?

So I actually request
Praiz Sophyronja
WHY???? THAT WAS SO CRUEL. My heart cannot take this.

Amanda Hocking absolutely rules. I recommend this series to everybody. Just incredible.
Camly Nguyen
DNF 35%
Yes, you can understand the book without the prequels but I really don't recommend it.
Why? Well, let's say that it took 35% of the novel for things to get going because the author has to recap the other books. Thing is, I'm not talking about "for it to start getting interesting", I'm really talking about "to get going". By the way it looks, I don't even think that the first and second book were very exciting...It's flat, slow and just overall pretty monotonous. You feel absolutely
Hillary
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: low-fantasy
Dianne
Everything is at risk for Bryn, her life, her world and those she loves. On the run, Bryn has done her best to stay off the radar, but Konstantin has found her, now what? He claims to be on her side, to want to aid in her quest against evil, but isn’t this the very man who did Mina’s bidding? Can she trust him? Mina’s brutal reign must end, but it will take a war, bloody, massive and brutal. How can Bryn convince other kingdoms to join forces, put aside any differences and work together as allie ...more
Dec 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this series! And was awesome to see Wendy and Loki again although I wanted to see even more of them. I loved Bryn and Ridley but my heart also went out to Konstantin. Good ending to the series.
Steph F
Hell yes I want to be your friend Konstantin Black. HELL.YESS.
*update*
I'm dead inside. The feels have killed me.
Claire Robinson
May 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: smp, shit-hot-series
3.5 - "She is one determined bitch." Stars!

The Kanin Chronicles series certainly had the potential to be a 5 star winner for me, and in the main I did really enjoy it, but I can’t ignore the fact that my main reason for enjoying the books was due to the general storyline and the secondary characters. My lack of any feeling or empathy for Bryn Aven is what knocked it down a little with my ratings.

Don’t let that put you
Nicole
Jul 07, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I got this books as a first reads giveaway in exchange for a review.

I had to buy the first two books in this series in order to read this one and overall I felt the entire series was a waste of time. Not much ever happens and the three books are highly repetitive. The main character interacts with the same characters, goes to the same places, and basically follows the same plot line for all three books with nothing really getting resolved until the very last three chapters of the ser
Kelly (Diva Booknerd)
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Crystal Kingdom was a worthy and brilliant series end. Amanda Hocking transports us back to the wintery kingdom of the Kanin trolls and the tyrannical rule of Queen Mina, this time Bryn is on the run and accused of murder, a crime that fellow fugitive Konstantin knows all too well. Even though she is missing Ridley, her parents and friends, Bryn remains a tower of strength. She has nowhere to go and to avoid capture, she realises that it will take drastic measures to clear her name, but knows
Denia  Books & Baubles
These books were incredible.
I think they were missing something, but after a while they got my attention, especially Ridley and Bryn. Those two were just beautiful. though I knew Konstantine had something for her, and when things finally came to motion I was so happy but then he died, of course, and then nothing happened. But Ridley is good for her. The moment I cried was when Emma died, I was so pissed, all this love working on and I'm here like, we get it you love each other so try to survive not to sacri
Dee☾
Aug 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a great conclusion. It has everything I wanted (except one thing) and answered all my questions. It really took for for a ride.

I'm really going to miss the Trylle world though ):

My full review can be found here. Where I discuss my distraught heart.
Bri
In this fast paced conclusion to the Kanin Chronicles, Bryn is on the run from the Kanin who accused her of murder and treason. She finds an ally in the most unlikely source, Konstantin Black, an enemy of all the kingdoms and who attempted to murder her father years before. Will Bryn and Konstantin find help with the Trylle or will they refuse to participate in the coming war? And what about all of Bryn's Kanin friends, including Ridley? Will she be forced to fight and maybe even kill them?
Nidofito
No spark, no fire, no heat.

Crystal Kingdom, the final book of the Kanin Chronicles, failed to engage me in its storytelling much like its predecessor Ice Kissed. It was such a disappointment because the first book of this trilogy: Frostfire is one of my favorites even though it was an introductory book into the world of trolls.

I felt detached throughout the book. In Crystal Kingdom, Bryn has become a cookie cutter teenage female warrior/savior who is the bestest, the smartest and pretty much the only one right. It gets rep/>Crystal
Madison M.
Nov 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this entire series and I would love to read it again. I recommend these books for anyone who likes adventure and romance. This book when into the kind of detail that makes a movie play in my head. Bryn is such an amazing character and the book shows everything through her eyes. The feelings throughout this book are so..... I can't even explain it you just have to read the books for yourself. Some of this makes your heart ache. The fact that Amanda Hocking puts so much complicated feeling ...more
Kate Ormand
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bryn escapes her kingdom, accused of a crime she didn't commit. She meets an old enemy and uncovers dark secrets surrounding Doldastam and its royalty. The story moves quickly as Bryn visits the troll tribes in an attempt to discover the truth and bring peace to her kingdom and the people she loves. A lot stands between Bryn and what she wishes to achieve. Will she get the help she needs to pull it off?

With high drama and great pacing, the twists and turns kept coming, making this an
Brittany (Brittany's Book Rambles)
2.5/5 Stars

The Crystal Kingdom carries pretty much all of the problems I had with the Frostfire and Ice Kissed. Except, I finally get the answers I've been looking for since book one. I was disappointed by some, in particular the details about what Konstantin had been doing throughout this trilogy and his reasons why. That being said, I did enjoy this book. There is a lot more action and drama that I think these books needed. At the end of the day, these books weren't for me but this one made me not regret reading them.

Read myStars
The
Sabrien Abdelrahman
Nov 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Melissa Delport
May 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow. Just wow. The ending was satisfying - good, not great - but that PACING!! Breakneck!! It's like the author became a runaway train about 30% in and couldn't stop herself! Great series and I'm definitely going to check out the Trylle series!
Bridget
2018 re-read! Still love!!
Kaila
Feb 17, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Can't wait till it comes out!
Ginger Woods
I think I'd give this a 2.5

I feel like I deserve a freakin cookie, or a shopping spree at a bookstore! Seriously though, I am so happy I finished this.

It took me forever to get into this book, it was the last book, and the thickest book, and I figured, you know this is gonna just fly by because everything is going to be happening blablabla... It dragged. It dragged so hard at first.

Reading all three of these books was like...
Exciting event...
Oh, okay, it'slike...
Excitingclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
I
Ariel
Apr 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This final installment to this trilogy was probably the longest and inconsistent of the rest. It opens moments from when the second ended, we finally see Konstantin Black up close and personal (cat call). But this book has way too much in it. We travel to way too many cities and are betrayed by too many. Not to mention the names. Now I have to remember all these freaking tribes and the bad people in them!? Please, no. (view spoiler) ...more
Tracey (Life and Literature)
Aug 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'd always known that war wouldn't be so black and white, but I'd come to realize that there was a darker shade of grey, where right and wrong came second to simply surviving.

Let me start of by saying that when I first started The Kanin trilogy I was a bit concerned that because I hadn't read The Trylle trilogy I would be a little confused. But for those in the same boat as me, don't fear. I never at any point felt any confusion, so you can go ahead and jump right in. You'll be swept away an
Jessica (a GREAT read)
It's been months since I read the first two books in Amanda Hocking's Kanin Chronicles, so naturally, I wasn't quite prepared for Crystal Kingdom! So much had happened already and I could barely remember what happened. When we start off, we pick up where we left off, so that already made it hard for me to regroup. And sadly, there wasn't enough of a recap right away, to get my mind remembering, though as the story progresses, we get slow, little tidbits of what has already come to pass.
Andrea
I had a really hard time rating Crystal Kingdom because I really wanted it to be a 5 star book. I wanted to add the series to my favorites, but I can't. I think it's a 3.5, but I'm giving it 4 stars. It started out great. There was mystery, good character's (I love Bryn), great adventures, evil royals and even an amazing twist. Then there was very little romance combined with a few other disappointing events and a miserable ending... that really knocked it down for me.

When a series ends, I want
The End (Spoiler Alert) 3 53 Aug 26, 2015 08:19PM
The Official Aman...: Crystal Kingdom is out now! 2 42 Aug 14, 2015 10:32AM
Blog Tour + Giveaway 1 7 Aug 03, 2015 04:25PM

• Runaways #1
  • Zodiac Starforce #1
  • 六花の勇者 (Rokka no Yuusha, #1)
  • Darth Vader #9
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Vol. 2
  • Chrono Crusade, Vol. 5 (Chrono Crusade, #5)
  • Ultraman, Vol. 1
  • Tokyo Ghost #1
  • Kingdom Hearts: The Novel
  • Spider-Gwen (2015) #4
  • Black Canary #1
  • ヴァニタスの手記 3 [Vanitas no Carte 3] (The Case Study of Vanitas, #3)
Amanda Hocking is a lifelong Minnesotan obsessed with Batman and Jim Henson. In between watching cooking shows, taking care of her menagerie of pets, and drinking too much Red Bull Zero, she writes young adult urban fantasy and paranormal romance.

Several of her books have made the New York Times Bestsellers list, including the Trylle trilogy and Kanin Chronicles. Her zombie series, The

Kanin Chronicles (3 books)
  • Frostfire (Kanin Chronicles, #1)
  • Ice Kissed (Kanin Chronicles, #2)
“It is so contradictory that life can be the worst it‘s ever been and the best it‘s ever been all at once. It‘s strange how love can blossom even in the darkest places.” 13 likes
“Through most of the ride, none of us really said anything.It was hard to hear over the sound of the vehicle, and there wasn‘t much to say.
Are you scared that the Omte will literally crush you?
Oh, me too!”