Start by marking “The Seventh” as Want to Read:

(The Seventh #1)

Sixteen year old Mimi Alston has company. No less than three ghosts follow her around, and only she can see them. At her last school, she was known as the girl with imaginary friends. Now Mimi’s starting fresh in a new town, where she’s determined to make some real friends and fit in for once. She’s ready for a normal life... except Mimi never counted on her fascination wi ...more
Published January 23rd 2015 by Evernight Teen

To ask other readers questions about The Seventh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Seventh

Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Marcus Damanda
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
She goes by Mimi—never Miette, which means “crumb” in French. At age 16, she’s moving to a new home in Etherall Valley and rebooting her life at a fancy prep school for unusual kids. She’s got a knack for art, two parents who don’t know what to make of her, and three ghosts for company. Ah, teenagers.
In spite of her attempts at social invisibility, within a week Mimi is elevated above the other unusual students and invited into their exclusive “gifted” program, which—until she joins them—c
Boundless Book Reviews
Starting the book your thrown into Mimi's world. She's scared and has no idea why these Ghosts have come to her. They've made her the "weird" one of her school. One day she's invited to a school, to help her and kids like her. The Journey isn't easy but becomes more aware of her self. Understanding that she does have a gift and that she isn't the "weird" one anymore.
Mimi grows throughout the entire book. You see a weak girl break the mold and become one that is confident. She also helps an
Linda
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent character development, which is quite a feat in the fantasy genre. The main characters' supernatural gifts are well woven into their personalities, making them interesting and quite realistic. The storyline offers plenty of suspense and leaves some intriguing questions for the sequel.
Maria
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed reading this book! The plot was great and the character dynamic was fun to read about. I was left with one question: will there be more? I hope so!!
James Cox
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. The romance was kind of quick but the story was unique. I already picked up the next book.
Dianne
Her parents thought she had emotional problems, her classmates taunted her for her imaginary friends. Her doctor said she was fine, but recommended a special school for children “like her.” Mimi and the ghosts who protect her are about to start on a new chapter in her life in a new school and just maybe she can make some friends. Invited to join a Gifted Program, Mimi discovers what she always believed in her heart, she is not crazy, she has a special gift and so does everyone in the program. No ...more
Paula Kennedy
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Seventh
Sixteen year old Mimi Alston is a part of the gifted program at her new high school. This program doesn’t resemble the mainstream classes you might find in today’s school however. It’s filled with kids who have special talents or powers. I don’t want to give away too much about these talents because it was fun to discover them as the story went along. I was reminded of Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters and I kept finding myself wondering what it might feel like to possess an
Mary
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I usually like to take notes whilst reviewing a book but I got so into reading The Seventh I completely forgot to write anything down until I was a quarter of the way.
To go through life being ridiculed by your peers only to find out at 16yo that you are actually ‘gifted’ and not the only one with this type of talent was very cleansing.
The minute Drew and Mimi locked eyes they were both startled at the recognition they felt yet they had never met. As I progressed through the book I be
Janis F
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I first stumbled across SD Wasley in Summer Crush the Young Adult Anthology, which I read and reviewed in August 2015. Since I enjoyed her story, I searched around and found her first novel, The Seventh. This was a fast paced, action packed and an extremely well detailed story revolving around 7 young adults. So much happened throughout the story it kept me engaged and I really didn’t want to put it down. Mimi, who narrates the story, and Drew are the main characters but the other 5 kids play a ...more
Anna Hub
Jan 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this book!

I love reading YA as it takes you back to those teenage years where everything is both uncertain and exciting. The Seventh transported me effortlessly back to that place, with characters who felt like real people and a plot that made we wish I was a part of the gifted program.

This is a genuinely good coming of age tale and I can't wait for the sequel.
Callen
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
I'm not the target audience for this book aimed at teens, but loved it anyway! It was fun to watch Mimi blossom as she discovered her true self and to unravel with her the book's central mystery. I look forward to the sequel.
Alana
Mar 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Mimi and her friends are well written and beautiful characters, I can't wait to hear more from.

The author packs a lot into 270 pages but gets the pace just right. I'm really looking forward to the sequel.

An enthralling debut from SD Wasley.
Deanna Dee
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Wasley pulled me in from the get-go. A teen girl with ghosts who follow her around? Uh, what? Give me more?!?!

Great tension--action, friend, romance, and otherwise. Looking forward to book 2!
Rachel
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Different and a nice change of pace for me. Love this book!
Demelza Carlton
This is a fascinating story about a girl who's not really crazy...even if all her life people have been telling her she is. She sees and communicates with ghosts. As if that wasn't hard enough for Mimi, she transfers to a new school that specialises in dealing with children who have "problems" like hers. It's not a school entirely for exceptional children, though - a significant point of difference. There are plenty of students who don't see ghosts.

Though it's a complete book with a
Linda Field
Mar 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The seventh by S.D Wasley

5*****

Review by Linda

This book has got to be the best YA paranormal book I've ever read.

It has a fantastic storyline, brilliant young characters who all fit together like a glove. You get to see each character evolve into themselves.

They have realistic gifts that fit which each individual.
Yes it has all your usual teenager dramas but with unique twists. It keeps you on the edge with the suspense, wanting to find out what's com
M.T. DeSantis
Oct 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this. Such an awesome concept and looking forward to book 2.
Reviewer King
Nov 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 Stars!

I chose to review this book because the premise and blurb of the book was so interesting, I just knew I had to read it!

If you're looking for something fun, unique with a different concept, then book is for you!

The writing was flowy and I connected to the style immediately.

The plot, characters and setting were absolutely riveting and I was hooked.

Would I recommend? Yep! Also, I really like the cover.
Kristie Noyes
Jan 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ghostly tale

Great YA Book with unique characters. Smooth writing and great flow. One character left me wondering what her family,s deal was but I wasn't satisfied with explanation, if you want to call it that. Liked the main character parents and would like to know more background on the characters.
Sheila Ryals
Jan 12, 2019 rated it liked it
😻

This was a bit slow and somewhat off to me. The storyline and mystery of it was only thing that kept me reading.
Helena Cooper
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 gifted stars

SD Wasley sucked me into the story and I found myself saying one more chapter until I reached the end.
Petina
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This books was a great read. The characters where believable and relatable despite being 'gifted'. The storyline was engaging and had me rushing to get the rift when I finished. Highly recommend!
sarah woodcock
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Intriguing, uplifting and an interesting read.

Intriguing, uplifting and an interesting read. I enjoyed this book and liked that it drip fed you information so as to keep you interested. The main character is very likeable and the other characters too seem believable except Gabe and Miss Deering who seem a little lacking. However I did enjoy it and would say of you like supernatural then give it a go.
Beverly
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Mimi Alston is a seventeen year old girl who always has company. By company she has 3 ghosts who follow her around, but only she knows they are there. People in general think she is a little off, kids in school say she's the girl with imaginary friends. Her parents don't fully understand her . They move to a new town and she goes to a new school . On the advise of Doctor Mayor. Mimi desperately wants to have a normal life with friends. On her first day at school ,they placed her in a special pro ...more
LaDawn
Nov 23, 2016 rated it liked it
I was a put put off right at the beginning by the insta-love between Mimi and Drew, but I persevered and finished the book. I'm glad I did, because I enjoyed the story line; it is different than a lot of the paranormal young adult books out there.
However, I really did roll my eyes and gag a bit everyone there was a lust scene between the two.

I think that pre-teens and teens that read too many books like this (instant attraction, predetermined soul mates, electric shock every ti
Michelle Ferrari-Johnson
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
How would you handle being a child and having ghosts as your friends? Mimi's friends have caused her nothing but problems throughout her life. Institutionalized and then sent to special school, Mimi learns a secret.....she isn't weird!

Such a great YA story about growing up and discovering you are special and not average! Paranormal phenomenons happen daily once her family relocates. Six others possess different abilities and Mimi soon realizes the town has secrets too.

Jack Fernard
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
This wasn't my typical read, but I really enjoyed it. The author really nailed the typical teenage angst, but what really impressed me was the creative 'gifts' of the seven and how things tied together.

Would definitely recommend.
Kscurlytop
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
There is a definite teen vibe to the "romantic" elements of the book, but the overall premise kept my interest. It was a good easy read. Not something deep or thought provoking, but an enjoyable "I don't want to have to think too hard about it" book.
Lissa Rice
**5 Stars** Review on Boundless Book Reviews.

• Knowledge Revealed (The Nememiah Chronicles #1)
  • Between (Dark Intent, #1)
  • Beasthood (The Hidden Blood Series, #1)
  • See You in Hell (Mel Goes to Hell, #2)
  • The Harvest Festival (Fallen Oaks, #1)
  • All Amity Allows (Fall for You, #2)
  • Demon Hunter (The Collegium, #1)
  • Lost in Starlight (Starlight Saga #1)
  • Strange Luck (Strange Luck Series #1)
  • Twice Dead (The Necromancer's Song, #1)
  • Kitsune: A Little Mermaid Retelling (Tales of Akatsuki, #1)
  • Louder Than Words
  • Bitterroot: Part 1
  • Weavers
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • Death to the Undead (Life After the Undead #2)
  • Broken Gates (The P.J. Stone Gates Trilogy #2)
  • Inferno of Love (Hometown Heroes, #2)
S.D. Wasley was born and raised in Perth, Western Australia.

She has been composing literary works since before she could write – at five years of age she announced her first poem in the kitchen, improv-style. Today, she lives in the Swan Valley wine region with her two daughters, surrounded by dogs, cats and chickens.

S.D. Wasley writes crossover, adult and young adult ficti

The Seventh (3 books)
  • The Rift (The Seventh, #2)
  • The Deluge (The Seventh, #3)