Start by marking “Man Candy” as Want to Read:
Man Candy

Man Candy

3.50  ·  Rating Details  ·  131 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
He's too sexy…

When Ben Harris agreed to fill in as a cover model at an author signing he wasn’t sure what to expect, but women throwing themselves at him, numbers being stuffed in his pocket, and covert attempts at getting into his hotel room definitely wasn’t it. On the other hand, there is the hottie assistant he can’t keep his eyes off...

...for her love.

Clarissa Darling
Published April 2nd 2015 (first published March 30th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Man Candy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Man Candy

Give Me Books
Apr 04, 2015 Give Me Books rated it really liked it
Although I have one-clicked several of Jessica Ingro's books, based on excellent blurbs, word-of-mouth recommendations, and copious 5-star reviews, Man Candy marks the first time I have read one of her books. It will not be the last.

Being man candy at an author signing -- groped, flirted with and propositioned -- was not exactly what Ben Harris had in mind when he agreed to do a favor for a friend. Neither was meeting the beautiful assistant he can't keep his eyes off.

Clarissa Darling has a ba
Three Chicks
Apr 21, 2015 Three Chicks rated it really liked it
Review by Jen Hagen

Jessica Ingro writes the best male characters. The majority of the time they include very strong alpha personalities and are hotter than hot. In “Man Candy” we are treated to Ben, who is a lot of hot but is a little bit sensitive along with being all sweet. Another twist in the author’s usual storytelling is that this is told mainly from Ben’s point of view. There is something to be said about a story being told from the male POV as it always seems to add more dimension to the
Chrissy
Apr 05, 2015 Chrissy rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
This is the first book of Jessica Ingro's that I've read, and it definitely will not be the last! Man Candy was an interesting take on a love story, and I enjoyed every minute of this story.

We meet Ben, who has been crushing on this red headed girl for the past year, but has never made a move. When his look a like brother Tanner asks him to do him a favor, he did not know what he was getting into. Go to an author signing with one of their friends, and smile for pictures is what Tanner told him,
Angie'sLilNeckofAuthorWorld
Apr 03, 2015 Angie'sLilNeckofAuthorWorld rated it really liked it
*****ARC GIVEN FOR HONEST REVIEW*****
I had already wrote the most amazing review and the lovely Goodreads ate it..So we will try again..What shall I say about the sexy as well Ben Harris besides I probably shouldn't have read this right before going to my first author signing..This book may set my expectations a little high for the man candy on display..lol..But I definitely learned what not to do like hide out in male models hotel room beds..Could be seriously embarrassing..But that is not what
Lustful Literature
Apr 08, 2015 Lustful Literature rated it really liked it
**TARA'S REVIEW**

Have you ever wondered what really goes on at book signings?

When Ben reluctantly agrees to fill in for his brother at a book signing, he will unexpectedly cross paths with the woman he has watched from afar for more than a year.

Clarissa is assisting her author cousin at signings across the country. Her tumultuous relationship back home, has left her out of sorts and not really interested in getting to know Ben. Ben is not willing to back down and tries to penetrate the wall Clar
Mandie *Foxylutely Books!*
*ARC provided by the author In exchange for an honest review

I’m a big fan of Jessica Ingro (especially Urban Love Prophecy) so I was looking forward to diving into this book.

Ben has been secretly yearning for the gorgeous woman he sees daily so imagine his surprise when she turns up at a book signing he has been pulled into modelling at by his brother, Tanner. Clarissa is as beautiful, if not more so, when he comes face to face with her and he feels that instant pull towards her. Never having an
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4.25 Stars!

Sexy. Fun. Sweet. Laugh Out Loud.
This book was crazy good and a fast read.
I devoured it in one sitting and it devoured me back.
This book was a different romance with a lighter tone.
This author is a favorite of mine and she continues to surprise me with each book.

This is Ben and Clarissa's story.
Ben is helping out as a fill in cover model at an author event.
Clarissa is helping her cousin at the event.
When these two met they have tons of chemistry.
Clarissa has ben hurt and has no desir
Anny hernandez
Apr 02, 2015 Anny hernandez rated it it was amazing
I was provided a copy of the book by the Author for an honest review.

WOW I just finish reading this book and love it, even though their where some part that this book got me mad, at some point I wanted to strangle the female main characters. Just cause the way she was acting but than she grow on me, Now I love it that this was from the male point of view, cause I love it, love the way he thinks and love it that he goes for what he want, I am gone keep this short since I don't want to give anythi
FMR Book Grind
Apr 29, 2015 FMR Book Grind rated it really liked it
TATIA'S REVIEW
4.5 STARS

I know that when I need a hot, sexy, yet sweet story, I can always count on Jessica Ingro to deliver. She has this way of creating unique stories and characters that you can't help but love.
Man Candy was different. I was actually a little hesitant before I started it. To read about a guy filling in as a cover model, it didn't seem like a story that was going to really hold my attention. Of course, I was quickly proven wrong.
Ben has had his eye on a girl from afar for a whi
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
4 star

The story has laughs, pain, betrayal, and heartbreak.

This is Clarissa and Ben’s story. Ben noticed Clarissa in a place he always eats lunch. She works across the street from him. When his brother needs him to do a favor he ends up at an author signing as a cover model. Who is there but his crush Clarissa? As he gets to know her he wants her even more. But she thinks all he is a player. When they do connect people seem to keep getting in the way. Can Clarissa judge Ben from his actions or
Elena
Apr 14, 2015 Elena rated it really liked it
I loved the new plot line! Ive never been to a book signing and now I wish I could….
Seriously Ben was just so amazingly sweet, and a really awesome guy. He had this desire to settle down and was willing from the start to get his own lady! I love a guy who knows what he wants. He is what makes me give this book a higher rating. Thank God the book was told from his point of view, because oh my could I hate Clarissa more… I think not (I’m guessing if the book was told mostly from her POV I would h
Renee at Book Happiness
Apr 03, 2015 Renee at Book Happiness rated it it was amazing
I received this for an honest review.. Can I just say that I love JESSICA as a writer.. She has this amazing special way that just pulls you in and keeps you enthralled..

Ben gets tricked by his brother to go to a book signing in his place as the model, this is where he meets Clarissa the girl he has been secretly watching and wanting to meet for weeks.... This couple when the do get together is absolutely explosive and hot.

I <3 this book. This book is funny and heartwarming and a complete s
Michelle
Apr 09, 2015 Michelle rated it really liked it
I was given this book for an honest review. Firstly Clarissa Darling! I love that! Now if you don't know the old time show Clarissa Explains It All, I'm sorry for you. This book had me laughing so hard I swear it was a good thing I didn't pee my pants. Ben was of course swoon worthy and a all around nice guy! For a minute there I was rooting for Cassandra! Bottom line read this book! It was wonderful and I can honestly say best last line ever! Now you really gotta read it just so you know what i ...more
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥

www.mysecretromancebookreviews.com

Jessica Ingro is one of my go to authors, she has been ever since I read Love Squared (if you haven’t read it yet seriously pick it up and read it) so I was excited when I found out that she would be releasing another book. Hell that cover alone made me want to lick my screen, I didn’t, or did I? I had to put off reading it because I had been dealing with some things and finally got enough time to squeeze it into my hectic schedule.

I wanted to absolutel
Smut Hut
May 30, 2015 Smut Hut rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
I received an copy of this book in exchange for my honest opinion…….

I really loved this book. There were a lot of funny and crazy moments. Along with some super sexy moments......

Ben is so sweet and down to earth with a tiny wildside to keep him interesting. I love how close he is to his brother and mom. It really rounds out how perfect he really is.

I will say that I was not a huge fan of Rissa. I get it. I really do but there were several little things that turned me off o
Tara Santiago
Apr 07, 2015 Tara Santiago rated it really liked it
Shelves: already-own, 2015

4 Stars

Click here for my full review

**A gifted copy was received by the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review**

Be sure to check out more of my reviews at: http://lustfulliterature.com/ & https://www.facebook.com/lustfulliter...
Amber Bennett
Apr 05, 2015 Amber Bennett rated it really liked it
4.5 out of 5 stars!!
I love all of Jessica's books, this one is no exception. She's always gives the perfect amount of love, angst, happiness and sorrow. Even though it's a work of fiction, I loved how "real" this book seemed. This is a standalone with HEA.
Carrie
Apr 02, 2015 Carrie rated it really liked it
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

This was a really enjoyable book, in spite of not connecting with Clarissa and Ben as well as I did with the characters in Jessica's previous books. The plot is unique and has a genuine feel to it. Definitely recommend.
Teresa
3.5 stars. I thought this was going to be a bit of a fluff read going on the title and cover but it turned into a really nice read. Most of the book is told from the heroes POV and in the whole it worked. However this also made the heroine really annoying in her back and forth emotions as you weren't privy to her inner thoughts. I really loved the epilogue it was sweet and spanned a number of years making it very satisfying.
Cassie
Apr 11, 2015 Cassie rated it really liked it
Man Candy made me wonder what it's really like at all those Book Signings!!!! This book had the perfect amount of sexiness, hot men and angst. As always in Jessica's books, there is always someone you want to hurt and in this book it was Scott and sometimes Tanner!
Thi
Apr 05, 2015 Thi rated it liked it
Love Ben. He is such a great guy and I love that most of the book was in his point of view. Clarissa I did not like. She is such a pill. I understand being scared since her relationship with Scott crashed and burned but she just flipped personality too quick and let her insecurities rule her too much. One minute wanting to be with Ben, then getting scared running back to Scott, the wanting to be with Ben, then getting scared of getting too involved, then being angry that Ben is a womanizer when ...more
Kendra Needs
Feb 29, 2016 Kendra Needs rated it really liked it
What a great book with many laugh out loud moments and some sweet and tender moments as well
Jamie
Apr 10, 2015 Jamie rated it really liked it
this is a great sweet story and lots of man candy!
Tatia
May 03, 2015 Tatia rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fmr-reviews
**read and reviewed for FMR Book Grind**

Ben has had his eye
Danielle from Short and Sassy

Man Candy is a funny story of the behind the scenes of book signings. I myself, am not a fan of male models, but I know a lot of people who are. This is what makes the story so funny. Cause I can totally see this stuff happening at events.

Ben agree to stand in for his brother at a book signing. While he is not the model on the book cover, he is close enough to stand in.
Clarissa is assisting her author cousin who is an author. She is also the object of Ben's secret affections for a whil
JewelsyGoolsy
Apr 20, 2015 JewelsyGoolsy marked it as dnf-trash-pile  ·  review of another edition
DNF @ 27%

Started out well enough but as I kept reading about the heroine, I decided I really don't like her (attitude, personality, sanctimoniousness etc) at all. Even as sweet as the hero is, I don't think this story is enough for me to keep reading. It's probably a case of "it's not you, it's me" but I slowly started declining down the interested slope at 15% and tried but failed to get into it.

I'm sure it'll be great for others and hope to one day pick this back up and finish it. Told in mal
Shell
Jun 09, 2015 Shell rated it really liked it
Ben and Clarissa, anyone who has ever been an authors assistant has kind of fantasised about the models the authors brings along, surely.

This is a sweet story where the guy is one of the goodies. He has a heart of gold.

They hit a few speed bumps but he is a persistent wee hottie.

A light, easy read.
Tracy Trixy
Apr 14, 2015 Tracy Trixy rated it liked it
It took me a while to read this but I finally finished. I really liked Ben and Tanner and even the relationship between Tanner and Meredith was more entertaining for me, I just didn't feel it with Ben and Clarissa...
It has an ok storyline, but for me something was missing. Now if there was a book for Tanner I may be persuaded to read it
Melissa
May 13, 2015 Melissa rated it really liked it
A story that is sweet, sexy, and full of angst. An enjoyable read that fell a bit short for me. Im not sure what exactly but it just left me wanting more. 3.5 stars
Stace
DNF @ 46% when an ok story hit on one of my major pet peeves. Didn't like the H or h enough to continue. Returned for refund.
Books By Jessica ...: Man Candy...who has read it already? 1 5 Apr 09, 2015 03:37PM
  • Open Wheel  (Racing on the Edge #9)
  • Hiding in the Spotlight
  • Stupid Hearts
  • Lustly
  • Honey Red
  • Because of You (Just Because, #1)
  • For Seven Nights Only (Chase Brothers, #2)
  • 30 Days
  • The Aztec - Book 1 (The Aztec Saga #1)
  • The Power of Love
  • Misunderstood Miracles
  • Holding On To Us (Holding On #2)
  • Rock (Hard Rock Harlots, #4)
  • Chat
  • Dare To Fall
  • James Black
  • Maggie's Story (Intergalactic Matchmaking Services, #1)
  • Seeing The Love
Jessica is the author of the Love Square series. She grew up in Central New York, where she spends her days as a Security Analyst at an IT consulting company. In her free time, she enjoys reading books and developing ideas for her own stories. Writing is her secret passion that she's been fostering since elementary school, when she wrote her first book about a puppy. It has always been a dream of ...more
More about Jessica Ingro...