Start by marking “Just Say When” as Want to Read:
Just Say When

Just Say When

Saving myself for marriage, not hardly.
Saving myself for someone who will make my heart race, most definitely.

In theory it's a good plan, however even the best-laid plans fall through. Seeing him, being around him, alerts all my senses and I dream about being his, wrapping myself in his arms and never letting go. The only problem – he sees me as his sister.

My name's Ava Ev
Published May 12th 2015 (first published May 9th 2015)

Kristen
DNF

Nothing particularly wrong with this book other than it was a bit too young and cheesy for me. That said, if you're in the mood for a VERY simplistic, sweet, feel-good read (that has a young adult vibe) this one may work for you.
Beverly
May 27, 2015 rated it liked it
I do love a brother's best friend book, honestly they are my kryptonite. I have loved pretty much all of them I have read.

I did really enjoy this one, but at times it felt cheesy. I also would have liked a little more steam in the story, as crazy as it sounds it was just too sweet. The males in the story didn't act like typical guys, their actions were more what your girlfriends would do to help you meet or hook up with guys. I just don't feel male POV was executed very well.

If you are a fan o
XxTainaxX
Mar 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Will keep this short. I was bored for a great deal of this book despite "older brother's best friend" being one of my favorite tropes. There was a certain level of maturity to the characters that I felt was woefully missing. Nate and Ava move at a glacial pace and baring a small portion I enjoyed after they got together, I'd say it wasn't for me.
♡Tonya♡
audio reread February 2017

I forgot how much I adored Nate and Ava Mae. Great narrators (two of my all time faves) I've said it before and I'll say it again, good narrators make or break an audio!

After listening to this, I want more. the epilogue was cute but didn't leave us any good look into their future - definitely not up to this epilogue whore's standard!
Barbara➰
**3.5 Sweet and easy read Stars."

Very low angst other than the brother situation. Nate was absolutely amazing. However it was another one where some simple conversations could have saved them time apart but I guess there wouldn't be a story then lol.
✿kawehi.reviews
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via Give Me Books in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! ☆

3.5 stars!!

11178299 1042373875790362 5557807928679666007 n

Just Say When was one of those crushing on your brother’s best friend and hiding a sweet spot for your best friend’s baby sis types of reads.

11182054 1044784295549320 3395538586480735423 n

A book standalone, it entailed the tale of Ava Mae and Nate.

What started as what was thought to be an unrequited love on both sides, turns into something more as a chance of fate brings them together and the two find themselves delving into what was thought to
Sara
Apr 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: may-2015
This is about a 2.5 for me. It was just ok.
For two people that grew up together and loved each other secretly I wasn't really buying it. Maybe snippets of their past might have helped. It was all a bit male/fighter/cheesy. I honestly skimmed most of the book because it wasn't very engaging for me. Everything was very blah and fell into its perfect place.
Michelle
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, sweet, 2015, new-adult, romance
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review.

Rendered Image

I just have to say that Kaylee Ryan has me adoring her newest release Just Say When. This book was definitely one sweet tale of friends to lovers, first love, and meant to be love story that captures pure innocent love. A love between two friends who finally realized that it was time to take the biggest gamble. To finally admit that there is a special bond between them. A love that existed for years and it was a matter of time for them to f
Janie
Ava and Nate have both had a thing for each other for years but neither of them had the guts to tell each other and let it be known. Nate is Ava's brothers best friend. There is a guy code, you don't mess with your best friend's sister, right? Well when Nate and Ava are around each other after a couple of years not seeing each other, Nate just can't hold back anymore. He loves Ava and decides that with or without Brody's blessing, he will make Ava his.

One thing I loved about this story is that K
Erika (OwlwaysReading)

Overall Rating → 3.5 Super sweet I now have a cavity STARS
Price is Right? → (view spoiler)
Love Triangle? → (view spoiler)
Cheating? → (view spoiler)
Angst Level: High, Medium, Low → (view spoiler)
Heat/Language Level: Rated G, PG, PG-13, R, NC-17 → (view spoiler)
Book-Bosomed  blog
Ava Mae Evans and Nate Garrison have been crushing on each other for years. When their paths cross again, they find the same pull they had since their teen years.

This is a pretty sweet, angst-free story of two old “friends” that get the chance to reconnect and have a real relationship, their only perceived obstacle being her older brother, his best friend.

I have to be honest; their “perceived obstacle” grated the feminist side of me. Ava is a college student, turning 20—an adult. Why she needs
Nicla
Another awesome book by Kaylee Ryan. Her books are such a wonderful reading escape. Always super sweet, low on drama and there is always a hero that worships the ground the heroine walks on.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW (view spoiler)
Angst Level - None. Seriously this book is pretty much drama free. If you like conflict this book is not for you.
Steam Level - 6
Three Chicks
May 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

Sweet, easy read about Ava and her brother Brody's best friend, Nate. While hanging out at a local gym with a couple of new friends, Ava runs into Nate. She's had a major crush on him for years, but has managed to hold herself back from making a fool of herself. Nate has been her brother's best friend for years and has always treated her like a little sister. Only Ava's all grown up now...

The story is told from both POV's so we get to read all about Nate's take on things. He h
Mandy
Ava Mae has had a crush on her brother's best friend, Nate, since they were young. What she doesn't know is that Nate has had feelings for her as well but hasn't acted on them because of her protective older brother, Brody. When these two are forced to spend time together, it becomes harder and harder to fight their attraction to each other. I really enjoyed this brother's best friend romance. It was sugary sweet and low-angst but that was just what I was looking for. The thing I like most about ...more
CC
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was ok

It was just too sweet and corny for my taste. He said and thought things that were completely unrealistic and corny. That made it boring. The only source of conflict was not really one - her brother. Nothing really happened.
Astraycat
I liked this book! A sweet and smooth reading. Kaylee Ryan did it again!

Ava had a crush on Nate, her brother's best friend, for so long that she didn't know how to cope with her feelings, so she chose to avoid Nate after he leave marines to run his father's gym. Nate also did the same thing cause he didn't want to ruin his friendship with his best friend. However, when they had friends in common, they could no longer resist the attractions between each other.

If you loved to read Kaylee Ryan's
Deserie williams
May 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
7 percent in. are we sure it's not about ava and Zack. Lol.

4.5 stars!I loved this book. Sweet and drama free! Nate and Ava are great! It was nice to read such a sweet and innocent book! I would like to see them married and babies! ☺
Joyce
Sep 21, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a basic, saccharine sweet “brother-best friend-sister” romance. It was easy and breezy and just what I was looking for after reading a sad book.

Ava Mae is very innocent and in love with her brother’s best friend, Nate. Nate had also always been in love with Ava. He speaks romantically and seems swoon worthy.

This is lighthearted and carefree. The drama was at a minimal and obvious (the brother). There’s not much to this book but worth the quick read for Nate’s sweet words. It might be
LA Spiez
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: four-star-reads
"I used to admire you from afar," I tell her. "You would tag along with whatever it was Brody and I were getting into and I used to watch you, closely. The day before we left for the Marines, I hugged you and pretended you were mine that day. I pretended you were going to be waiting for me when we got home. When I got your letters, I continued to pretend - you kept me going. When Dad had his stroke and I came home for good, I fought the pull to seek you out. I battled with myself to stay away fr ...more
Heather andrews
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Nate's family I loved actually I loved both families and they all knew about his crush on Ava even when Nate didn't, "Nathan, boy, you’ve had a thing for that girl for years. You’ve always just been too damn stubborn to do anything about it." Nate may not be a dirty talker but the boy makes up for it by having Ava be his entire world, "you could pack everything you own for all I care; that means you’ll be there longer.” I lean in and kiss the tip of her nose. “That would make me a very happy man
TheresaDK
Boring and predictable..... And sooooooo sugary
Reigne
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Can I have a Nathan Garrison in my life... Aww he is amazing... Just say when..
I just recently discover Kaylee Ryan and so far so good.. I love all her books they are sweet and no unnecessary drama my only complaint is that she has this amazing secondary characters and I can't seem to find their own books... I need to read the story of Brody and Sara, Kara and Tanner and Zach... Anybody knows if they have their own books???
1-Click Addict Support Group
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I swear, if my brother's best friend had been Nate Garrison I'd have been saying "when", too. Because damn, he's my newest book boyfriend and he is divine.

Ava Evans has long been crushing on the best friend of her older brother, Brody. And when she comes face-to-face with Nate Garrison for the first time in two years, she knows that nothing has changed. She still wants him.

Nate knows he's not supposed to touch her. She's off limits but the thought of anyone being with his girl but him just doe
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥

www.mysecretromancebookreviews.com

Just Say When was a cute romance that makes you wonder what you would do if you had feelings about your big brother’s best friend and how you would feel when you find out he feels the same way. I am an only child so I didn’t have that type of crush growing up but I can totally see why it would be hard especially if you have a very over protective big brother who you know will not be happy about the relationship.

Nate won me over from almost the very star
Night Reader
May 06, 2015 rated it liked it
2.5 Stars

I am a sucker for friends to lovers. I also love the way Nate treats Ava. But, the storyline was weak (very little actually happens) and the writing was a bit robotic. I kept waiting for something to happen and it's just more about day-to-day life. Even when something "happens" it's pretty mild. The personalities kind of meld into each other because they come across as the same mainly agreeable person.
m •  the professional fangirl
2 "Big brother gone WRONG" Stars

2 stars, I know, kind of low. I thought about how I'd rate this book for quite a while, but I just realized there was just too much I didn’t, let's say…fell in love with? Unfortunately.

First, the synopsis. Just Say When is about 20 years old Ava Mae and the guy she has been in love with since she can remember, Nate. How did they meet? Well, that's the thing; Nate's bestfriend is Ava's big brother. Or should I say "Overprotective big brother". And when I say "Ove
Amy
May 06, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars

Just Say When follows the story of Ava and Nate. Ava has been in love with Nate for as long as she can remember. The problem: Nate is her older brother’s best friend. Nate and Brody are as close as friends can get, practically brothers. For years, Ava has longed for Nate, but has kept her feelings hidden. Now, years later, Ava runs into Nate again. Ava had hoped that her feelings had dulled with time, but is quick to see that her feelings haven’t changed. In fact, the pul
Jamie
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
When two people have known each other all their Lives, comes a friendship that turns into Love to last for Infinity. Ava is Brody's little sister, Nate is Brody's Best Friend, They have been through thick and thin even served a tour in the Military together. Years later Ava and Nate are suddenly in each others lives, and now the feeling they both have pushed aside are now front and center. Each not knowing that they have these feeling for each other so they fight it. First to scared to try due t ...more
Charlotte Witney
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Kaylee Ryan us definitely one of my guilty pleasures and I absolutely adore her!!!!! I found that this book seemed to have a bit of a different storyline compared to the other stand alones that Kaylee has created. However none the less appealing and swoon worthy. I just think that Kaylee is so good at writing New Adult books, although she isn't my favourite New Adult author she is definitely up on my favourites list.
For some reason I want a companion novel or a novella on Brody and Sara and I h
Sophie
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I honestly don't know where to begin my review on this book, it was all just so good, so beautiful!

Kaylee has wrote an absolutely brilliant story with Just Say When, one that I couldn't put down and finished in about 2 hours!

The characters are fantastic and I really connected with them! I need me my very own Nate, please someone point me in the direction of where I can find him! He is just wow, all that alpha hotness and an incredible romantic side just made me swoon, he was PERFECT!

Just Say Wh
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• A Fallow Heart (Tommy Creek, #2)
  • Cardinal
  • Trapped (Caged, #2)
  • Matched
  • Heads Or Tails (The Fairytail Saga, #3)
  • Fan Girl (Los Rancheros #1)
  • Jagger's Moves (SEALs On Fire #4)
  • NOT A BOOK: The Tornado
  • The Beats in Rift (Bad Blood #1)
  • Epiphany (Destined, #4)
  • Twisted Affair, Vol. 1 (Twisted Affair, #1)
  • Captivated by Her Innocence
  • Thrasher
  • Beautiful Dangerous
  • The Fragile Fall (Undone, #1)
  • Wild Obsession (Wild, #1)
  • Surviving Us
  • All Good Things (Good Things, #1)
NYT & USA Today Bestselling Author

Instagram: kaylee_ryan_author

Stop by to visit Kaylee in her Facebook reader group.

“When that happens, when you find someone who can do that to you, you latch on and never let go.” 4 likes