Start by marking “See How She Dies” as Want to Read:
See How She Dies

See How She Dies

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  3,293 Ratings  ·  152 Reviews
London Danvers was kidnapped as a child from her wealthy family. Over the years, many women have claimed to be the long-lost heiress. Now Adria Nash has arrived in Oregon, claiming to be London - but she's different. She knows personal details only London could have known. And there is someone who does believe her . . . who is watching her every move, waiting to see how sh ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 474 pages
Published August 1st 2004 by Zebra

Barbara ★
The fact that the hero (yeah right) had sex with his step mother just grossed me out. The added fact that he also knowingly had sex with his step-sister (same father) was just too much for me. I just couldn't get past the yuck factor though the author tried to get past this fact in the last chapter. LAME!!!

And don't even get me started on Nelson, Jason and Trisha. What a bunch of money-grubbing assholes. Not a likable on in the entire bunch. They got exactly what they deserved though twenty year
Brodiebert
Feb 06, 2017 rated it did not like it
you know it's bad when you are composing the bad review in your head while you are still listening to it.

The only good thing about this book was that I didn't know 'who dun it?' until the end, that's the only thing that kept me hanging on.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Full of plot holes
-they can't do a DNA test to see if she is London because the parents are dead, yet the siblings are alive and kicking, so they could have easily checked them. Also if you're going to leave millions in a Will for someone, would
Nancy
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: hoopla, gave-up-on
Yuck. How is this rated so high. Narrator good but story is just so weird and unbelievable. And Judy yuck. Gave up around 60%.
MuchAdo
Kerri
Nov 19, 2011 added it
Recommends it for: Nobody
Shelves: didn-t-like-it
I just finished reading this umm *what is the polite way to say effing disgusting sh##* incestuous filth. Hey I'll take a good old erotic romance any day but no I cannot take a book where the main love story is whether these almost definitely legal brother and sister (though perhaps not blood related) should give into baser urges. Hold on one sec while I puke.
....
.....
......
Er right, where was I? FAMILY RELATIONS HAVING RELATIONS IS WRONG!!!!

I don't wanna go miss manners on your ass but come o
Alasandra Alawine
Feb 26, 2014 rated it it was ok
Possibly one of the stupidest plots ever. Adria Nash shows up claiming to be London Danvers who was kidnapped from her very wealth family as a child.

Her half-siblings of course are convinced she is yet another fake even though she bears a strong resemblance to their Step-Mother Kat. Jason (the eldest) hires a private detective to dig up dirt on Adria and uncover the truth. And Zach and Adria fall deeply in love with each other, which is sickening since Adria is suppose to be his HALF-SISTER.

No D
Steve Center
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book is a romance novel. A cheesy romance masquerading as a suspense thriller.
Jorran
Jul 21, 2014 rated it did not like it
Cannot finish this book.
Ashley Macdonald
It took me a while to finish this and I really only enjoyed the ending and beginning out of the whole book. However, even the parts I enjoyed were a little forced. I found the middle of the book so damn boring, it was a struggle to keep reading. I know it’s not how the story goes but I feel like Adria did have options for paternity tests even through using any of the other Danvers’ DNA.

I felt like things just jumped around a little too much and I definitely got tired of reading about Adria and Z
Kate
Oct 15, 2018 rated it liked it
it was on okay mystery-lots of red herrings to keep you guessing. But the half sister and brother have sex throughout and there is lots of incest with the stepmom and son and it just grossed me out I have to say. It could also have been about 75-100 pages shorter and wouldn't have hurt the mystery.
Taylor Fenner
Review to Come
Heather
Dec 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
Awful, just awful. Couldn’t keep going. Far too much sappy emotional romantic angst between family members. Gross. I didn’t realize this was a romance novel, are they all like this? Ugh, awful. Barely a thought crosses anyone’s mind that doesn’t involve sexual desire and lust and greed, so the characters are god-awful boring. I can’t fathom how anyone gave this novel 3+*s. Awful.
Peggy
Jan 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finised-books
Tanya
Apr 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
WOW...What a great book! I was a little grossed out by the relationship of the main character and her interest, but since it happened more towards the end of the book, there was no way I was going ti stop reading it! =)
Lillian
Feb 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
just okay story. I am annoyed by all the typos, though - don't authors have editors and proof readers anymore?
Chana
Feb 12, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery-romance
Sex and nonsense, but readable.
Sam
Nov 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
JOANNE
Oct 05, 2018 added it
Read like a Harlequin Romance for too much of the book. Tall, dark and handsome hero. When the suspenseful parts came along it had you guessing but they were short lived. Was ok - not great book.
London Danvers was kidnapped as a child from her wealthy family. Over the years, many women have claimed to be the long-lost heiress. Now Adria Nash has arrived in Oregon, claiming to be London. She knows personal details only London could have known.

Zach (bad boy Hotel Developer/Ranch Boss), Brother J
Judi Mckay
Only 2 stars for this and that’s because the overall plot was a good idea, albeit one that didn’t achieve its potential here. I thought it was a thriller; the back cover description seemed to confirm that and my library was pushing it. In fact it was more of a bad romance novel. I only read to the end because I wanted to find out how she’d write herself out of the love plot she’d created, and even that felt a bit contrived when it was revealed. The writing was poor: shifting points of view throu ...more
Andrea
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Karolina
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An intriguing novel that explores the complexity of love, and delves into the darkest spaces of familial relations. The novel does a very good job of catching the readers attention and makes us feel different emotions as the plot unfolds. Jackson manages to bring life to each of the characters, and although there are quite a bit of them this only adds to the story, due to the fact that the plot is propelled by interpersonal relationships. The main character's Andria and Zach are initially motiva ...more
Lindsey
Feb 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Oh my. While this was probably not the worst book I've ever read, and I did actually finish it - I just couldn't handle the plot line. It was like a bad 70s/80s soap opera that has jumped the shark. I mean, the love interests are potentially brother and sister!!! Seriously, in a real situation like that you most certainly would WAIT until you knew for sure whether you were brother and sister or not before you fall in love with each other. Beyond weird. Beyond.
And I guessed the "bad guy"/s right
Rachel Lowisz
Jan 03, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book had a very original plot, but that’s where the good parts of the story end. To try and make finishing the book more bearable, I made up a drinking game. Take a shot any time:
- the word “sensual” is used
- the author uses a word incorrectly
- we get to hear in great detail how a male is becoming aroused
- the phrase “looks so damn much like Kat” is used
- you think you’re going to puke from all the cheese
- incest or a weird sexual relationship of some kind pops up

Save yourself the time and
Keisha
May 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Tiffani Erickson
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it
This book has been more about how everyone is fantasizing about the stepmother and wanting to bed her and less about the missing girl and what secrets she has and why someone wants her dead. I'm so intrigued about the murder-suicide of the stepmother and why someone wants her dead and yet none of my questions are getting answered and I'm halfway through the book. After finishing, the only good part was the first and last 2 hours of this 17 hour audio book.
I wanted a murder mystery/thriller, not
Phyllis
May 24, 2018 rated it liked it
Fairly interesting mystery but wrapped in a "love" story. Very wealthy family's father dies and leaves half of his estate to a daughter that was kidnapped 20 years ago and presumed dead. When a girl turns up claiming to be the long lost daughter, all hell breaks loose.
there are "instant" sparks between her and her half brother (that's the love story) but the how and why she disappeared is more interesting.
In the end she gets the cowboy.
Patty
Aug 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Ok , I want to be clear (I Love Lisa Jackson ) but this was a hard read for me . Maybe a DNA test could have helped . It was a good story maybe the editing could have been a little better at cutting some of the repeated stuff out . It was a little too long . Not my favorite but not the worst I have read . Maybe went a little too far with the step mother affair it !
Chris Birdy
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If this story was set in the south or southwest, I'd swear it was written by Sandra Brown. A long lost heiress comes to Portland to claim her birthright. Being the major beneficiary of her father's estate makes London a target for her treacherous siblings. All but one scheme and plot to get rid of her, and that one falls in love with her. What a mess!
  • Sweet Baby
  • Outlaw (Medieval Trilogy, #3)
  • Breakwater (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #5)
  • Silent Killer (Griffin Powell, #10)
  • Haunting Rachel
  • Killing Kelly (Soap Opera, #3)
  • Unseen
  • Dead Certain (Dead #2; John Mancini #4)
  • The Hunt (Predator Trilogy, #2)
  • No Control (Delta Force #2)
  • Fortune
  • Dead Before Dark

Lisa Jackson is the number-one New York Times bestselling author of more than 85 novels, including Afraid to Die, Tell Me, You Don’t Want to Know, Running Scared, Without Mercy, Malice, and Shiver.  She is also the co-author of the Colony Series, co-written with her sister, Nancy Bush. There are over 20 million copies of Lisa Jackson’s books in print in twenty languages.

Before she became a natio

“His only lead was Ginny Slade, aka Virginia Watson Slade, and he’d have to track her down, but it wouldn’t be easy. It would take time and money. Lots and lots of Danvers money.” 0 likes