Start by marking “Before the Sky Fell (Icarus #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Before the Sky Fell (Icarus #0.5)

Before the Sky Fell

(Icarus 0.5)

Seventeen year old Liv Larson’s world came crashing down around her six months before Solar Storm Icarus devastated the rest of the planet. Suddenly orphaned, and with all of her carefully constructed plans laid to ruin, Liv must decide whether she will give in to her grief, or fight for what is left of her family, her friendships, and the future that existed Before the Sk ...more
Published February 15th 2015 by Aria Michaels (first published February 14th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Before the Sky Fell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Before the Sky Fell

Claire Allmendinger
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Before the Sky Fell is a prequel and I highly recommend you read Killshot first, although you don’t have to you’ll have a better feel for the characters.

Aria writes from a teenage perspective brilliantly. Her characters actually comes to life, the setting are visual, like you are watching a film. I love Liv and Ry and Beans - they are just so tough and likeable, I hate that skanky social worker – Grrrr

It’s not a spoiler, it’s actually integral to the story, that Liv and Beans are orphans, how th
J.W. Snootz
Jan 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This Prequel to the Icarus Series and the first book Killshot is amazing. It will give you further in depth insight into the characters you grew to love in Killshot. You will see how the crucial beginning to the whole death of their world started for the rag tag bunch's main characters. You will feel even more connected with them whether you have already read Killshot or are planning to read it after this book, you will only enjoy the awesome storylines even more. Great job again Aria!
Jordan
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Before the Sky Fell is a short and insightful journey into the psyche and back stories of some of the main characters in Killshot. Full of heartache, loss, and self discovery, Before the Sky Fell is a raw portrait of recovery and inner strength in leu of the devastating curve balls life throws at you.

Rhiannon
Jan 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Lucky to get an early release of this book - it's a fantastic prequel to Killshot. Nice to get more backstory on a few of my favorite characters and a good 'hold over' until the second installment of Killshot is released!
JC82
Prequels, prequels, prequels...

Sometimes these explanatory reads can make or break a series. They can make you understand the characters on a deeper level or they can come up short leaving you more confused than before.

Before the Sky Fell is a prequel that not only improves the Icarus series but allows you to see the development of Aria's characters. It will leave you both weeping in sadness and rejoicing in determination.

In BTSF we get to meet Liv and her brother Lucas months before the timing
Nic Spears
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
** ARC provided by the author for an honest review **

‘Before The Sky Fell’ is a perfect addition to the ‘Icarus’ series. The prequel gives us more of an insight and better understanding of what happened before ‘Killshot’.

Liv is such a strong, independent character and we see that once again while she’s growing up but we also see the vulnerability.

After the heartbreaking incident which left her and her brother orphans Liv is determined to keep them together; by any means necessary even when the
Victoria L. James
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was one of the lucky ones to be asked to beta this little gem of a novella. Before the Sky Fell is a prequel to the awesome Killshot which Aria Michaels released back in October, 2014.

The characters were so rich and full of life in Killshot that it went without saying that as soon as I was offered this book to read, I snapped it up. Liv was strong in Killshot, but the strength Aria portrays her to have in BTSF is a totally different ball game. She highlights the struggles of a young woman ent
Sarah Ann
Sep 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the prequel to Killshot but I actually read it after reading Killshot. Even though I read the books this way nothing was ruined for me it actually gave me more insight into Liv's character and her relationship with her brother, Beans. We all so get more of Riley's story. This was a heartbreaking story that brought tears to my eyes. It was filled with great characters that you can't help but love. I highly recommend this book.
A.D. McCammon
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aria did a fabulous job making these characters relatable.

“It wasn’t that I couldn’t fit my pieces together; it was more like some of them just weren’t there anymore.”

I was pulled into the story from the beginning and will definitely read the rest of the series.

“Happiness is not a result, Liv. It’s a choice… and it’s a hard one, but you are the only one that can make it.”
Sharon Richmond
Aug 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I came across this author Aria Michaels from a recommendation from a friend, and since I had never read anything of hers I thought I would try it..

OMG So glad I decided to grab this book!!! A word to the ladies out there though, if your having an emotional day, do not read that day, wait till you can fully grasp the story., lol, This book made me a blubbering, crying woman. Yes I read it when I was emotional..

Meet Olivia Larson (Liv) a 17yr old girl who is like a normal teenager who doesn't want
Tracy Arnett
Nov 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
❤❤❤❤❤

This book is everything the title says: Before The Sky Fell. We learn more about Liv's life prior to what happened in Killshot by Aria Michaels. It helps to answer some questions you have after reading Killshot but it also makes you ask more.

Aria is a master at weaving a story and leaving us wondering what will happen next. Her books are not predictable or what you expect, but that is a good thing. She tells us a story of Beans and Liv. How they got separated and she how determined Liv is
Cassandra Wilson-Sparks
I absolutely loved this book! I'm not usually big on prequels since they tend to be short and I always feel like there is something missing, but Aria Michaels did a wonderful job with this book. It was not novel length, but was much longer than a normal 90 page prequel. Starting the Icarus journey was great and not so great. I was able to relate to Liv at so many different places in this book that it was actually kind of scary. She has the typical teen angst attitude to start with, a little brot ...more
Cassandra Wilson-Sparks
Apr 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Spunky N Sassy
Mar 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ★★★★★ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Mark
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh God just shoot me already!

By the title of this review you may be confused as to why I gave this four stars. I am definitely not a YA fan. In fact when I purchased this novella I was looking for a quick easy apocalyptic distraction. So yes, I was fooled, but damn it I was bound and determined to get my damn .99 cents worth, so I could leave the above titled review. But then an amazing thing happened. I was snared by this evil YA author, and dragged into this story with no hope of escaping with
AK Mama Reads
May 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is absolutely a true prequel novella, meaning it's short and best read after the first book, Killshot.
I basically bawled after the first chapter, and not to sound too sappy but I did smile at the end. I wasn't sure what to expect given the sparsely detailed blurb (thankfully I hate spoilers in a dang blurb) but this was much more profound that what I could have imagined. I didn't know that we would not only learn what happened to Liv and Beans' parents, but we also learn more about other o
Corrine Pickering
Jun 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
*** Reviewed for Hooked on Books ***

Before the Sky Fell - Aria Micheals 5 Stars

This is a Novella to read before reading 'Killshot'.

This novella gives an insight into life before 'Killshot', I had already read Killshot before reading this and I absolutely love both books, this novella gives you the background - but it doesn't necessarily need to be read before reading Killshot.

Corrine Pickering
*** Reviewed for Hooked on Books ***

Before the Sky Fell - Aria Micheals 5 Stars

Heather Ross
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a beautifully tragic and unputdownable book. Aria Michaels again proves just how on it she is when writing about grief and loss. Having read Killshot and loved it, I couldn't wait to pick up my copy of Before the Sky Fell and I wasn't disappointed.

Following the story of Liv and Beans, quite literally before the sky fell, taking them through the tragic and heartbreaking loss of their parents, the book tore at every one of my heart strings.

It's an absolute must read if you're a fan of Kills
Hooked On Books
Jun 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a Novella to read before reading 'Killshot'.

This takes you on a journey through Liv and Riley's/Liv and Bean's life before it all happened and how their connections developed so strongly. I do read a lot and some books are often forgotten, bu
Kristin Dutt
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this novella....While it shows how life was before for Liv and her friend who she tried to push away but no luck for her since they became best buddies. These characters are so wonderfully built up and it's nice to see them in a normal environment before the "Killshot"

Live is such a great female character always caring for her "bean" and it shows in this novella.

Don't want to give anything away from this novella...So wish it was more lol <3 I loved every second to see how life was.

Fab
Deirdre Toby
May 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a prequel to Killshot and gives a deeper look into Liv Larsen's life and the events which began to shape her months before the night of the Solar Storm Icarus. This is an awesome series for teens as well as adults looking for a story that draws you in and makes you fall in love with the characters without all the swear words and gratuitous sex so common in fiction today. I would definitely recommend this series.
Chrissy Van Der Laan
This is an amazing read it helps you to understand where Riley and Liv come from, what they've been through and how they became so close.
You also get more of a feeling for the relationship between Liv and Beans and how close they were and why Liv is so determined to get her brother back.
Awesome work Aria i absolutely loved it.
Lori Franklin Hopkins
Mar 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this novella from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This novella did not expound on the Killshot novel, but gave us more background on Liv and Riley, which was good, think. Gave us a little more of their history, which I liked very much. I still want the next installment in the Icarus series SOON!
Steph Parks
Feb 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read!

This was an awesome look into the life of Liv before Killshot. I really enjoyed getting to know a bit more about Riley. Aria is a brilliant author and I cannot wait for the next one!
Katy
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Insight into Liv's character

A great look into the main character, Liv's, past and how she got where she is when Killshot begins. I read Killshot first so this was a great companion story to that novel.
Fawn
May 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Before the Sky Fell

This is a great intro into Liv and Riley. Well written. Very emotional too. Really helps you see into who these two girls are. I read this after reading Killshot instead of before, but I think it would have been better to read first if you have the choice.
Cheryl Duval
Apr 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very good YA story. The characters are touching and the tragedy and hardship that Liv has to struggle through is very sad. I am looking forward to reading the next book.
Kaila
Loooove Riley!

Since I first read Killshot, I now understand why Liv loves Riley like a sister. But I need to know what happens to Beans!
Jen Mccallister
May 08, 2017
Aria Michaels lives in a small town in Illinois with her loving, patient, husband and her six (yes, SIX) energetic boys. Always the creative type, Aria fed off the encouragement of her mother, and started writing and illustrating her own stories at a very young age. Aria's passion for creation and love of the human spirit followed her to the university level where she graduated with an Associates ...more

Icarus (2 books)