Start by marking “My Forever Valentine (Due South, #5)” as Want to Read:
My Forever Valentine (Due South, #5)

My Forever Valentine

(Stewart Island #5)

Love small town romance and Happily Ever Afters?
Dive into the Due South world to find out what your favourite characters are doing to celebrate Valentine’s Day with these four short and sweet romance stories.

Shaye & Del
Does Del’s stay in hospital after donating a kidney to his dad mean a Valentine’s Day spent alone? Not if his sexy fiancée, Shaye, can pull off some ninja
Published January 13th 2015 by Icon Publishing (first published January 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about My Forever Valentine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Forever Valentine

Start your review of My Forever Valentine (Due South, #5)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
My Forever Valentine is book five in the Due South series by Tracey Alvarez. This book was generously provided to me by the author for an honest review.

It’s Valentine’s Day. So how are our four favorite couples going to spend this special day? Before you read this book, you will need to have read the previous books in this series since this is sort of an update on each couple that we have grown to love and how they are spending their Valentine’s Day.

hearts

Del and his father, Bill, have successfully
Doris
*Received ARC copy for honest review*

description

♥ It’s Valentine’s Day in Oban and the four couples want to celebrate it properly, but of course nothing goes as planned. Nevertheless it’s a wonderful, romantic day for all of them.

For the fifth time Tracey wrote a beautiful story about love, partnership and family. The only flaw: it’s way too short! :D I can’t get enough of the unique setting and the likeable characters because they already are like family. I love Tracey Alvarez and her Due South Crew, so
Sherilee Gray
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a treat!

I loved getting a sneak peek into the lives of some my favorite characters. Catching up on what they've been up to was a real treat! Little bursts of delicious, sigh-worthy moments. A must read for fans of this fantastic series.
Becky
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Such a sweet collection!

If you've read any of the Due South series, you'll appreciate these short glimpses into the lives of your favorite characters. If you haven't yet read all the other books in the series, it'll definitely whet your appetite. If you haven't read any, though, this collection probably isn't the place to start--the stories are short stories, and not a lot of background is given into who the characters are and what they've gone through thus far.

So here's the plan--pick up In
Cheryl Sanders
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shaye and Del
A look into their cute Valentines Day celebration with Del in the hospital still recovering from giving his dad a kidney. It's no fun being interrupted by your brother and sister while trying to wish your man a happy Valentines Day. Del in love? Even more sexy!

Piper and West
It's never easy waiting for those lines to appear, or not, on the test sticks. These two make their feelings clear to each other while waiting. They're so in love!

Carly and Kip
There's nothing worse than a Valenti
Cathy Geha
Feb 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
Tracey Alvarez had created a series of love stories based in her Due South series that are all filled with great characters and storylines. It is hard to say goodbye to the couples at the end of each book but having this Valentine’s collection of short stories allows a glimpse into the lives of the couples met in each of the previous four novels. There may be only fifty or so pages in this collection but each page is well written telling an excerpt from the lives of people I would love to have f ...more
Rob. C.
Jan 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm not a fan of short stories, as I prefer long books with lots of stuff happening, but I totally enjoyed this book.
Four romantic and funny Valentine short stories about the protagonists of Tracey Alvarez's "Due South Series".
If you've read any (or all) the four novels in the series, this is a MUST READ. If you haven't discovered the Due South world yet, this is a nice way of getting to know the characters.
A very quick read (you can read it in an hour or so) but very entertaining all the same
Jennifer G
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
These are four very short stories that are heartwarming; perfect for anyone who believes in happily ever after. These are the Valentine's Day stories of Shaye and Del, Piper and West, Carly and Kip, and Kezia and Ben. I love all four of these couples and it was so wonderful to get this little visit with them. In true Due South style, no one's Valentine's goes as expected, but all end up perfect. You will find yourself smiling through every page.
E Reader
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So sweet

I have fallen in love with the characters from Due South. This was a lovely book that gave many of the characters their happy ever after. This book was a nice finish to a wonderful series. The series is great from start to finish
Dottiebears
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, novella, short
These were all way to short to even qualify as a novella imo. Can't say I enjoyed this book, so far the only one in the series I haven't loved.
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a bunch of short stories about the characters we've already met. Cute, and I read it because it came in the boxed set, but not worth purchasing extra.
Angela Marie
Apr 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great stories

It's nice to hear about what happens next to the couple's in this series and these short stories fit the bill. Looking forward to the next book
N B
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, so I've been naughty and haven't read the Due South books in order like I was supposed to. If fact, there's a book or two I haven't read at all yet, but I am definitely going to - and SOON! Yes, these four couples in these stories are part of a group of good friends that hang out together on this small island off New Zealand, and they all know each other well. And if you haven't read the previous books, you're going to be a bit confused about who all these quirky young people are, and thes ...more
Lucia
Dec 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a teasing and sweet glimpse into the futures of the lives of our favourite couples from books 1 to 4 in the Due South series. The books are well written, unsurprisingly, and give just enough to whet your appetite without going too far. A word of warning, you do have to have read the books for each couple to fully understand these four short stories. However, if you haven’t, they are definitely small bite-size teases that will encourage you to read each couple’s books (warning they d ...more
B.
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a quick collection of short stories to catch us up with the couples from Tracey Alvarez’s Due South series. If you enjoyed the full-length novels, you’ll enjoy these vignettes of how four of the couples are spending Valentine’s Day.

Shaye and Del from Ready to Burn have to spend the holiday in the hospital as Del is recovering from donating a kidney to save his father. But Shaye finds a way to deliver a hot Valentine’s Day gift to Del even if she has to sneak past the nurses to get to her
Alison
So, I received a free copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review.

This is actually a collection of four short stories (probably more like vignettes) about the four couples in the previous books on Valentine's Day - hence the title.

Shaye and Del
Del is recovering in hospital on Valentine's Day after giving his father Bill one of his kidneys. Shaye decides to visit him and cheer him up. This was sweet, Shaye dressing up to make their first Valentine's Day as an engaged couple m
Judes
Jun 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This one is very different to the rest of the series as it is more of 'catching up' with the couples we have grown to love in the Due South series.
I'm a bit undecided whether I like the layout of the chapters as its like snatches as you peep into windows of each couple and then you're quickly onto the next. Hence the 4 stars.
I still love the series as I look at this book as more of a 'what has happened after the HEA' and we also get to share in Ben and Kezia's wedding which is a bonus.
Since w
Reg
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This collection of short stories may be a quick read but I love it anyway. It is cute, sweet, endearing, and best of all, it allowed me to reconnect with Stewart Island's hot couples! Yes, I enjoyed reading and catching up with Piper & West, Kezia & Ben, Shaye & Del, and Carly & Kip (the stars of Due South books 1 to 4, which you have to read first to fully appreciate My Forever Valentine). Here, all of them are celebrating Valentine's Day and it is obvious that none of them have lost that lovin ...more
Tuyetmai
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My Forever Valentine, Due South Book #5, is a collection of what I would call second epilogues for the first four books in the series. We revisit with Shaye & Del, Piper & West, Carly & Kip, and Kezia & Ben get a glimpse of how they spend their Valentine’s Day. It was great to see how each of my favorite couples was doing. I was amused, anxious and excited, misty eyed with happiness, and laughed my ass off. I was a bit saddened to think that this was the last of the Due South books, since all th ...more
Siobhan Davis
Another stomping good read - short, but sweet and sexy.

Shaye & Del and Kip & Carly are my fav couples from this series and I especially loved their short stories. Ben and Piper witnessing Shaye's special Valentine's treat for Del was hysterical. So funny.

There isn't much else I can say without giving too much away. These are great little teasers for those readers who may not have read the series yet, though you should read all the other books first to maximise the reading enjoyment.

The first boo
Kathrin
Not a bad short story collection but two aspects about it seem to increase my antipathy for short stories.
I always thought that there was an unspoken rule not to put really important stuff into short stories as some people actively decide to not read them. Obviously, you are supposed to read them for this series as they are sold as book #5. Part of me felt a little cheated that this fact wasn't to spot. I expected something like a #4.5.

Since I like the series a lot I'm able to overlook this but
Lydia
Feb 08, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love how this book tied up some ends, and allows us to see the happier endings for the 4 couples :)
Frankie
This is really a quick catch up on the characters we already know and love. We get a little taste of the characters from each preceding Due South novel and a little of the gushy love that we love in a romance. The stories are completely clean however.
It was sweet and lovely to get a little insight on what's happening so to speak, before we get to see the next story in the series.
Enjoyable and well written as always, albeit a little too short - I want more! :)

I received a free copy of this book f
Valorie
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awwwwwwww.............ok so......let's tick off the list, does shaye still blush when caught red handed? Those two are just too cute........I'm over joyed with the news of piper and wests newest addition......I'm ecstatic about carly and kip! They've made me so happy! and finally, kezia did exactly what I would've done.......I thoroughly enjoyed the this book and all the stories.........thank you. ...more
Rhonda Brant
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a great way to pull together the Due South series and all the couples. Once again the author wrote an amazing story that leaves you with the warm and fuzzies. :-). Especially loved Ben and Kezia's ending, a must read if you've read the series.
Christine
I feel like I was tricked. I essentially paid for the author to advertise the books in the series. It was a waste. I've LOVED every book in this series, but if you're a fan skip this one and go straight to the next. Not missing anything in this book.
Leah
Mar 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books, books-i-own
Loved these little glimpses into how the Due South couples spent Valentine's Day! And Ben's wedding vows were perfect!
Yvette Karns
Mar 31, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2016
A good book full of short stories about the couples who have gotten together throughout the series.
Cindy
Oct 25, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Charkel
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Little snapshots of sexy joy. Very enjoyable X

• Defending Zara (Mountain Mercenaries, #6)
  • Defending Raven (Mountain Mercenaries,  #7)
  • Defending Everly (Mountain Mercenaries, #5)
  • All the Good Girls (Harry Hunter Mystery, #1)
  • No Other Way (Harry Hunter Mystery, #3)
  • Run Girl Run (Harry Hunter Mystery, #2)
  • Cruel World
  • The Good Stranger (Kate Bradley Mystery, #3)
  • Dark Nights (Dark #6.5, #9.5)
  • Christmas Hellhound (A Mate for Christmas, #2)
  • Firefighter Phoenix (Fire & Rescue Shifters, #7)
  • Water's Edge
  • Under the Christmas Tree (Virgin River, #7.5)
  • Dark Descent (Dark, #9.5)
  • Her Broken Wings (Detectives Kane and Alton, #8)
  • Date-A-Dragon; Boxed Set
  • Rent-A-Dragon: Box Set
  • Dark Possession (Dark, #15)
Tracey Alvarez lives in the Coolest Little Capital in the World (a.k.a Wellington, New Zealand) where she’s yet to be buried under her to-be-read book pile by Wellington’s infamous wind—her Kindle’s a lifesaver! Married to a wonderfully supportive IT guy, she has two teens who would love to be surgically linked to their electronic devices.

Fuelled by copious amounts of coffee, she’s the author of c

Stewart Island (10 books)
  • In Too Deep (Stewart Island, #1)
  • Melting into You (Stewart Island, #2)
  • Ready to Burn (Stewart Island, #3)
  • Christmas with You (Stewart Island, #4)
  • Playing For Fun (Due South, #6)
  • Drawing Me In (Stewart Island, #7)
  • Saying I Do (Stewart Island, #8)
  • Home For Christmas (Stewart Island, #9)
  • Bending The Rules (Stewart Island, #10)