Start by marking “Happily Ever After (The Selection, #0.4, 0.5, 2.5, 3.1, 3.5)” as Want to Read:
Happily Ever After (The Selection, #0.4, 0.5, 2.5, 3.1, 3.5)

Happily Ever After

(The Selection #0.4, 0.5, 2.5, 3.1, 3.5)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  34,856 ratings  ·  2,969 reviews
The contents of Happily Ever After are as follows:

-The Prince (with the two bonus chapters), Maxon’s novella
-The Guard, Aspen’s novella
-The Queen, Amberly’s novella
-The Favorite, Marlee’s novella
-Three scenes from Celeste’s POV
-Lucy’s scene (bonus scene from The One)
-The bonus epilogue
-Where are they now?
-A map
-Various illustrations
Published October 13th 2015 by HarperTeen

·  34,856 ratings  ·  2,969 reviews

Start your review of Happily Ever After (The Selection, #0.4, 0.5, 2.5, 3.1, 3.5)
Neil (or bleed)
Mar 26, 2015 marked it as will-not-read
It'$ not about the money, money, money.
We don't need your money, money, money.
We ju$t wanna make the fan$ read.
Forget about the price tag.
Melissa
OHMYGOD!!!!! THIS WILL BE FREAKING ILLUSTRATED!!!

♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
5 Here and Now ★'s

“It hurt to think of his lips on mine, of all the possibilities he's whispered to me in darkened rooms. He felt so real, so possible.”

The Maid is in Lucy's POV (America's maid) and it takes place during The One when they are all on the plane heading back to the palace after visiting with America's family and Maxon calls them all back two days early because he's finally ready to end The selection and pick his Princess :)

This was a very short story. Only 11 pages... and in
Not sure why I thought this was going to be another installment in the series. Just a heads up...it's not. Happily Ever After is a compilation of all the novellas and bonus scenes/epilogues in The Selection series and if you are up-to-date with reading the series then you have already read most of these. Die hard fans will likely love this one-stop shop for all the extras but I could have done without it. Don't mind me, just a little disgruntled. I should have read the synopsis first. Lesson lea ...more
Itramsunshine
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so happy to have finally read this!! Huge shout-out to Rizoli for lending it to me, by the way. This made me remember why I love Kiera Cass' writing so much. It's because I don't have to think at all and because it is so addictive. It took me so little time to read even though I'm so busy in school! It was also nice to be back in this world and the feels hit me hard with the pictures and the happiness and I just... I feel happy.
Muse-ic ♬
I'm not covering this review for spoilers. Just be warned that there will be spoilers for The One.

That was a lovely read!
Mostly................

The Prince
I miss Maxon. He is definitely in the list of my top five book boyfriends. I've already read The Prince, but this one had two extra chapters. LOVED 'EM!!

The Guard
Let's be honest here. I don't like Aspen. So I skimmed through The Guard. I read Lucy's POV that include Laspen (Lucy/Aspen).
I'm not going to lie: I feel bad for Lucy. Aspen was kind o
Mikee (ReadWithMikee)
Sigh. So many people have complained about this bind-up being a ploy to leech money from its readers, but I DON'T CARE. The cover is beautiful. The illustrations were beautiful. I love the Selection series. Judge away! :P

In all honesty, I don't really bother reading novellas. Don't ask me why because I don't know the answer myself haha. I'm probably just too lazy. Or maybe because I would rather read new books with new stories and characters. It better be one HECK of a series for me to even cons
Kathleen
Jan 27, 2020 rated it liked it
3.5*

I really don’t know how I should properly review this book of short stories...

Well I just wanted to start off by saying that I really like how Kiera Cass gave us a glimpse into the lives of characters so that we could understand them and their motives a little better.

The Queen - I thought this section was very interesting, but Amberly is very naive and the romance was so dry. It’s like one day they met, they next they get married. And also Amberly had no reason to be helplessly in love wit
ambsreads
Feb 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
There isn't much to say about this collection of novellas apart from wow.

I'm Selection series trash. I adore it, despite how absolutely ridiculous the whole series is. I can never stop once I start. I absolutely adore the characters, with the exclusion of Aspen, and loved getting more perspectives of the original books. Plus more.

If you're Selection trash like me, I highly recommend picking up this little extra. If not just for the snippet we get of Maxon and America after The One.
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
4 I didn't need a Man ★'s

“For the first time maybe ever, it didn't matter if I looked beautiful or not. I felt it.”

Scenes from Celeste are just that. Three different short scenes from Celestes Perspective. Which includes The Arrival (meeting America, Marlee and Ashley), The Kiss (Celeste tryng to seduce Maxon) and The Departure (leaving the selection).

Oh boy, I really despised Celeste throughout The Selection series but she won me over in The One. Celeste was the main villain in The Select
Tamara
Mar 29, 2015 marked it as avoid-like-the-plague
Shelves: money-trap
Enough is enough. This series is turning into a money trap. I feel so bad for people who bought the first collection. Let it go Ms Cass, please let it go...
Audrey
May 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
SO GOOD AHHHH

Full review to come soon!
Selene
Celeste's POV - 2 Stars
Lucy's Scene - 1.5 Stars
Where Are They Now? - 2 Stars
Dannii Elle
While I wouldn't rate every story in this collection 4 stars, it was interesting to garner an insight into the other characters from The Selection series and further my understanding of their motives and actions. I found some parts a little repetitive as alot of the scenes were featured in the main series but viewing them from an alternate perspective was fascinating. Also, knowing the ending of each story did not impact my enjoyment of them, as I thought it might. I love an author who takes the ...more
cam ♥
Out of all the books I've read in The Selection series, this is definitely my favorite! (Although it's not another installment, just a compilation of novellas) In this book, you'll have a clearer view of every character and somehow understand their decisions throughout the story. My personal favorites are The Favorite and After The One. At first, I had my doubts about this series, but I found myself loving every part of it!

Quotable Quotes
"I could feel my dreams slipping through my fingers. I mig
Audrey
Oct 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
THIS IS LIKE BEYOND 5 STARS.
ITS SO FREAKIN GOOD THAT I HAVE NO WORDS FOR IT OH GOD.
I TOTALLY ADOOORE THIS BOOK!!!
Ashley Daviau
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was such a cute collection of stories! I loved getting to see more from some of my favourite characters from the Selection series and getting to know more about how their lives played out after the Selection. I only have two small complaints about this collection. The first being that two of the stories had been in a previous collection so I had already read them. The second being that there was no story about Eadlyn! I would have loved to have had a story about her life and marriage after ...more
Marla
Nov 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you enjoyed The Selection then this is a great compilation of different points of views on what happened.
Shannon (leaninglights)
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
A solid addition to the series! I definitely recommend if you want to know the details behind the story :)
Terri
Jul 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What can I say? I freaking loved this bind up! It was everything I wanted and more!! I especially loved The Favourite... It was my favourite! I have a full review on my blog containing short reviews for each of the stories in the book, as well as an overall review! Check it out here :) ...more
Dee☾
May 13, 2015 rated it liked it
This was really cute. I loved the illustrations for each novellas and getting a glimpse at more characters (: I can never get enough of Maxon and America, but I think my favorite has to be The Favorite ❤️
Trina (Between Chapters)
I usually don't like novellas or series add ons but I think this one is actually a great addition to this series. There is a lot more content than just novellas and the extra scenes from different characters were really enjoyable.
Lauren Lanzilotta
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novellas, 4-stars
This collection of novellas was basically the dessert that no one needs, but we take it anyways because it’s damn good.

I’m going to review this novella by novella because that’s just the sophisticated trash I am.

The Queen: ★★★★★
The Maid: ★★★★
After The One: ★★★★
Where are They Now?: ★★★

The Queen

Amberly’s backstory -when taken into account with her marriage in The Selection- was quite tragic. Then Kiera Cass had the audacity
Drew
May 12, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, young-adult
I don't know if The Heir ruined this series for me or I'm just outgrowing these books, but this collection of Selection novellas wasn't as enjoyable as I expected it to be.

I've always thought of Kiera Cass's books as addicting, cheesy, and lots of fun. That's why I always come back to them because I know I can finish them in a day and get a couple hours of entertainment out of them.

I never noticed these books were so cheesy they were unrealistic, though, and the characters weren't as lovable as
Lauren Elise
Celeste: ★★★
The Maid: ★★★
After the One: ★★★★
Where Are They Now?: ★★★

Overall: ★★★★
Luzie
Feb 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the concept of this book!
The Queen was the first novella in the book, and it showed the romatic pairing of Queen Amberly (in her perspective) and King Clarkson. The love between them was so well, necessary in some way that still showed they found there true soulmate. Amberly is a calm and willing women which provides for her family perfectly fine. She was the one true queen of Illèa!
The Prince i have read before. It was fun reading it again. Maxon`s perspective should have been
ashleigh
May 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.81/5
this series isn't perfect. it has flaws: the world doesn't make sense, there is some lowkey sexism that really is never addressed or challenged which ew, but the thing is, i have so much fun reading about these characters. that and it can be cute as hellllll.

The Queen (4.5/5)
To me this was one of the more interesting dynamics in the Selection series. Clarkson is this terrible guy, and then there is Amberley who is the complete opposite. While this relationship is manipulative (from Cla
thebookbitch
Sep 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
First off, I have to say that the cover and illustrations are absolutely gorgeous. The first novellas titled The Queen tells Amberly's story when she was in the Selection process and I honestly thought she was treated like a dog. Prince Clarkson could have told her to kill herself and she would have. She was completely stupid and actually more naïve than America and Eadlyn (I know right? How the hell does that happen?)

I read The Prince and The Guard a few weeks back and really loved Maxon's stor
Morgan F
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
***The Maid takes place during The One (Selection #3) so if you haven’t read The One and do read The Maid then you’re not really learning much about what happens in The One. Still I would read The One before The Maid***
This was so cute! How could anyone think of Lucy as “the maid” though? She seems like so much more than that to me. She really does seem like a sister to America and America certainly seems to treat her like one. Anyway this is just a short glimpse into Lucy and Aspens relationshi
Nora
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, on-my-shelf
I really really enjoyed this book. I liked Queen Amberly's story. She is so sweet and naive. As always I still don't like King Clarkson. He's probably the character I hate the most. I'm 100% inlove with Aspen and Maxon. Both of them are so amazing. And of course America - she's so strong and powerfull. Great book. I can't wait to read Eadlyn's story.

• After The One
  • Broken Throne (Red Queen, #4.5)
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
  • Glass Sword (Red Queen, #2)
  • Crossed (Matched, #2)
  • Reached (Matched, #3)
  • The White Rose (The Lone City, #2)
  • Stars Above (The Lunar Chronicles, #0.5, 0.6, 1.5, 3.1, 4.5)
  • Imagine Me (Shatter Me, #6)
  • King's Cage (Red Queen, #3)
  • The Black Key (The Lone City, #3)
  • Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5)
  • Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)
  • Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)
  • Destroy Me (Shatter Me, #1.5)
100 Things I Love:

Being married. Cake. The smell of Autumn. Motherhood. Books. Elephants. Back rubs. On demand movies. Actually going out to movies. Faith. Cinnamon rolls. My family. Butterflies. When my kitchen is clean. Crayons. Pink. Tote bags. Dancing. Organizing via color coordination. That my wedding dress was tea length, not floor. Baking. My house. Writing utensils. Paper. India. The sound

The Selection (5 books)
  • The Selection (The Selection, #1)
  • The Elite (The Selection, #2)
  • The One (The Selection, #3)
  • The Heir (The Selection, #4)
  • The Crown (The Selection, #5)