Jump to ratings and reviews

Dreamcatcher #2

Find Me If You Dare

They may have won the first battle, but the Apocalypse has just begun.

Five weeks have passed since the battle that left Rome and Columbus in ruins. Sheltered in the hidden city of Caelum, Daniel and Kayla train alongside over one hundred Magus and Protectors, hoping that their unified ranks will be enough to take down their greatest threat yet: Richard, his followers, and his horde of Nightmares. Then a fallen comrade is returned to Caelum with a message carved into his chest and a note referencing the four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, and Daniel knows their time for training is over.

Finally understanding Richard’s plans for Kayla and the three other Magus born on Halloween, Daniel and the rest of Caelum’s volunteers scout the U.S. in a desperate attempt to stop their enemy before he can unleash his first Horseman. But when massive attacks claim thousands of lives, people all over the world begin to fall ill—including those Daniel and Kayla care about the most.

With the Horseman of Pestilence released, Daniel knows it’s time to step aside and let Kayla take the lead. Only she has the power to rival her father’s. But when Richard’s plot turns out to be darker than they imagined, their fight is met with more death and destruction—and an enemy who might be unbeatable, after all.

282 pages, Kindle Edition

3 books138 followers

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
4 (5%)
1 star
2 (2%)
Displaying 1 - 25 of 25 reviews
Profile Image for Mlpmom (Book Reviewer).
2,976 reviews362 followers
November 13, 2015
It isn't a secret that I love unique ideas, story lines, and characters and this series has them all.

This sequel was packed full of the good stuff. Action, danger, romance, and all the things that made the first so great but magnified and then put to the test.

Kayla grows so much stronger but with that growth also comes a darkness. So much bad happened in the first book and as Kayla, Daniel, and friends work through it, even more happens as these sort of things worked.

It was nice to see these group of friends work together, build a home, and do those things they need to to make the world a safe place and put things back to right.

This was a fabulous sequel and truly even more fun and action packed than the first and again, the concept behind it not lacking at all in originality.

If you are looking for something different, entertaining, and fun, this is the series for you.

*An ARC copy of this was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.*
Profile Image for Shelley.
5,103 reviews458 followers
December 3, 2015
**I received this book for free from (Publisher) via (NetGalley) in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.**

*Genre* Young Adult, Paranormal
*Rating* 3.5-4

*My Thoughts*

Find Me If You Dare is the second installment in Vicki Leigh's Dreamcatcher series. The main protagonist of this story is Daniel Graham, a Dreamcatcher & Protector who has been battling Nightmares for 200 years. It has been five weeks since the battle for Rome and Columbus left the Protectors aligned with Witches and Warlocks under the leadership of Trishna. Daniel's allies find themselves sheltered with magical protection in a city called Caelum. Even though Daniel is the main protagonist, it is Kayla Bartlett who may be the secret weapon in the war against her father and his nightmares. Nightmares who have red eyes and claws that can easily rip a person apart.

*Full Review Posted 12/03/2015 @ Gizmos Reviews*

Published: December 1st 2015 by Curiosity Quills Press
Profile Image for N.N. Heaven.
Author 6 books1,783 followers
June 14, 2017
While I loved the first book in the series, I found this sequel... umm... lacking. The action was good, the romance was still there but the world-building and plot progression seemed forced. Didn't care for it as much. Also, it's way more darker than the first one.

My Rating: 3 stars
Profile Image for Gabby Gilliam.
Author 5 books4 followers
January 1, 2016
My review of this book is a bit overdue, as I received an ARC from the publisher in exchange for my honest review. The book was released last month, but December was a bit of a blur, and reading fell to the wayside amidst all the holiday hubbub.

Find Me if You Dare is the sequel to Catch Me When I Fall. Kayla's father is an evil warlock named Tamesis who wants nothing more than watching the world burn. Her boyfriend, Daniel, is a Protector, a holy avenger that fights Nightmares and demons to keep humans safe. His love for Kayla has eclipsed everything else and he will stop at nothing to keep her safe, especially from her own father.

Tamesis plans to unleash an apocalypse on Earth, purging it of human life so supernatural beings can come out of hiding. He needs four magus to act as the horseman of the apocalypse. He has three of them, but Kayla is the fourth and most powerful. In an effort to bring Daniel and Kayla out of hiding, Tamesis begins releasing the horsemen. Pestilence is first, in the form of a plague that sends any of those it infects into a coma. Some wake in three days and continue their lives as if nothing ever happened. Most of the infected never wake. Those that survive become carriers, their blood lethally infectious to any who haven't been exposed. The second horseman is War, and Tamesis has more than just the magus and Nightmares on his side this time. Other supernatural creatures, like vampires, join him and ravage human cities and towns, laying waste to much of the world.

Daniel is torn with indecision. He wants so desperately to keep Kayla safe, but he'll never forgive himself if he stands by while Tamesis destroys the rest of humanity. The decision is ultimately Kayla's. She chooses to train with another magus as well as the protectors, honing her battle skills with magic as well as physical weapons in case her father somehow saps her magical abilities. As she grows stronger, Daniel begins to worry that he's going to lose her. Either her father will force her to fulfill the dark destiny he has planned and then kill her once she's no longer useful, or Kayla's magic will grow so strong that she's able to defeat Tamesis, but she loses herself to the dark power needed to make victory possible. It's possible that if Daniel can be a strong enough for her that she won't succumb to the darkness, but his love might not be strong enough to save her. For the world's sake, he hopes it is.

The second novel in Vicki Leigh's series keeps the action moving at a quick pace. Daniel's english is of the British variety, so there may be some bits that have awkward wording, but it doesn't effect the reader's enjoyment of the story. I'm interested to see where the final installment of the trilogy leads Daniel and Kayla.

Three and half out of five stars.
Profile Image for Marjolein (UrlPhantomhive).
2,360 reviews50 followers
December 28, 2015
Read all my reviews on http://urlphantomhive.booklikes.com

Earlier this month I read the first book in this series, Catch Me When I Fall, and I was very curious to find out if some of the things concerning the dreamcatchers and the worldbuilding would be cleared in this second novel. Unfortunately I didn't get the answers I was hoping for. Instead I was left with many more questions.

*This review may contain some spoilers so please beware*

First of all, if everyone has two people waking over them at night, there should be billions of Dreamcatchers, which seemed like a lot in the first book already. However, when they are looking for them to fight back against Richard only a hundred of so can be collected. And the ones that came, did they leave their humans behind? Is that ethical? I know that a Nightmare can kill a Dreamcatcher, but can it normally really hurt a human more than give them a nightmare? The Dreamcatchers are dead, but they still need to live in houses and eat food, even though they can evaporate on any given moment.

Sorry, I let myself go for a moment. The story was actually quite solid, when I was not worrying about the questions stated above, but it suffered a bit from the second book syndrome. There was a lot of building up (and quite some of the characters don't make it to the end of the book) but it wasn't really exciting. The ending didn't come as such a big surprise to me, and I think it will now be another year's wait before we'll know how it ends.

Thanks to the publisher for providing me with a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review during this blog tour!
Profile Image for Gabe Novoa.
Author 5 books609 followers
August 18, 2015
So if you thought Catch Me When I Fall was an exciting read, wait until you get your hands on Find Me If You Dare. This sequel is packed full of action, twists and feels, and I especially liked seeing how much Kayla grew from the first book to the end of the second. While I felt some of the bad guy moments were a tad corny, this was a fun read overall. Chock full of Urban Fantasy awesomeness, Find Me If You Dare will make very happy readers out of fans of Supernatural and The Mortal Instruments. I look forward to reading the final book in the trilogy!
Profile Image for Dave Higgins.
Author 28 books43 followers
December 4, 2015
Ramping up the power levels from the first page but not throttling back on the lasting consequences, Leigh fuses the intimacy of urban fantasy with the massive world changes of high fantasy to create a narrative that will appeal to both tastes.

This novel is the second in the Dreamcatchers series. Daniel is a Protector, a warrior returned from the dead to defend the world against supernatural threats. After the destruction of several Protectors’ bases around the world (and the cities around them) by an army of Nightmares, he and his allies have taken refuge in the hidden city of Caelum. However, when the body of a fallen comrade arrives with a message about the Four Horsemen, Daniel realises his adversaries plan might be even worse than he thought; and his girlfriend might be one of the harbingers of the Apocalypse.

With the cities having already been destroyed in the previous volume, this novel is very definitely at the world-spanning impact end of urban fantasy. However, Leigh also includes plenty of personal conflict and small-scale action, so there is substance alongside the set pieces and special effects.

While this global span might leave some readers wondering just how apocalyptic a book that isn’t the end of the series is going to get, it also avoids the implausibility that affects some urban fantasy: angels, demons, and even gods, wandering the world with fewer fireworks or lasting effect than a pack of D-list superheroes.

However, the thrilling story is occasionally let down by the prose. Although Leigh gets straight into the action rather than opening with a précis of the previous volume, Daniel does pepper both his internal and external dialogue with explanations and asides on previous events. This does enable a reader who has not read the previous volume to understand events; but also reminds the reader they are an observer not a participant, potentially weakening the immersion.

As Leigh’s world is (as with many urban fantasies) also high in bespoke terminology, the presence of these explanatory paragraphs also highlights that not all the terms are explained, leaving the reader potentially wondering whether they have missed something or feeling unconsciously annoyed with themselves that they have not got it from context.

The level of explanation falls and the evidence of context rises as the book continues, allowing what is an interesting variant on resurrected warriors and multiple supernatural races to shine.

Unfortunately – while avoiding the complexities of Latin declension is a sensible choice overall – Leigh has chosen to use Magus as the plural as well as singular noun for a type of magic user. As well as risking irritating those readers who enjoy language (a not insignificant group in the fantasy audience), it leads to situations where it is not immediately clear whether an individual or group is referenced; this can be determined almost as quickly from context, but that extra moment does break rhythm.

Daniel is a well-crafted protagonist for the genre. He is at times slightly melodramatic, especially when it comes to assigning responsibility for his girlfriend’s potential role as Horseperson of the Apocalypse; however, that fits the overall theme of immense threats and ancient conspiracies. And, when he isn’t dealing with city-scale obstacles, he displays a complex personality befitting the everyday travails of uncomfortable allies and a life in hiding.

The supporting cast are equally a mix of plausible character and dramatic edge, leading to a realistic portrayal of bickering over food, beds, and tactics combined with an equally realistic pulling together when it really matters.

Overall, I enjoyed this novel. I recommend it to readers seeking urban fantasy with immensely powerful beings actually having real effects.

I received a free copy from the publisher in exchange for a fair review.
Profile Image for Stephanie.
1,525 reviews91 followers
December 31, 2015
This review will mainly focus on the second book due to the fact that I am writing a review for the publishers. However, since I had to read the first book as well, I will also mention parts of the first book in this review.

I honestly enjoyed both books – I thought the pace of the book, the plot and the characters were wonderfully crafted. The pace was not too fast. There were definitely a lot of action in both books but it was never overwhelming. The only thing I thought was a little overwhelming was the characters. I’m not referring to the main or secondary characters but the many Protectors and Magus that were part of the battle. There were just so many and obviously, since it was a war, many died and others replaced them so there were always new characters coming in and it was difficult to keep track of all of them. Of course, this wasn’t a big deal but at the same time, it was sometimes a little confusing and I had to backtrack a little to recall who that person was.

The plot was also highly interesting. There was always so much stuff going on – battles, mock battles, demons, magic, etc. I definitely felt was if the plot was a little darker in the second book compared to the first especially since the first book was mostly about finding Kayla, falling in love with her, finding th other special ones, etc. and it was really the second book where everything really started. There were also so many obstacles that Daniel and his group faced that honestly, I was losing hope in him and his crew. Nothing ever really seemed to end well with him. Just when something ended, something else happened and it’s a massacre. From merely saving Kayla from the Nightmares to finding out a traitor in the group (multiple times actually!) to friends being ripped apart right in front of them. The list can go on and on.

Daniel, the main character in this series, is your typical tough guy who has been dead for hundreds of years and now fights to protect the living from Nightmares. I did enjoy reading about his character and thought he was well–developed. It was clear what his priorities were even after falling in love with Kayla. At the same time though, there were many times when he had to leave comrades behind yet would go back and save his best friend. It just made me wonder: if you could go back and save your best friends, why couldn’t you save one or two more comrades instead of leaving them to die? I know there were times when he simply couldn’t due to lack of time but yet somehow found the time and strength to save Kayla or his best friends. That was one part that stood out to me.

Kayla, the girl of his dreams, actually was not that well-developed. I thought Daniel’s Protector friends – such as Samantha, Seth, Tabbi, etc. - much more developed which is surprising since she is supposedly the object of Daniel’s thoughts. However, I think that was also the problem. Because everything about Kayla was from Daniel’s perspective, Kayla herself didn’t seem to grow in the readers’ eyes. That being said, I still enjoyed her character yet her character development could have been improved.

I loved the secondary characters specifically Samantha, Seth, and the crew. I also grew to enjoy reading about Nolan in the second book. They all had a lot of great personality and spunk. I loved how they were all essentially like family and that despite their numerous arguments and spats between one another; they would fight for each other to the death.

Overall, fabulous series. I think there might be a third book due to the fact that the second book has a weird, cliff-hanger ending so hopefully I will be able to read more about Daniel and Kayla.
Profile Image for Samantha.
Author 1 book40 followers
November 21, 2015
Verdict: An action romance. Not bad.

As Kayla’s father plots to bring on the apocalypse, the Protectors join forces with a coven in order to take down her father before it’s too late.

This book has a lot of things I love – protective characters, thrilling action, magical powers – yet I don’t think it was quite as good as the first book in the series.

As before, Daniel leads the narration. Usually I love a protective character, but in this book I found Daniel overbearing. Poor Kayla proved her strength over and over, but Daniel still saw her as weak.

On the other hand, I liked how much Kayla developed in this book, both in her powers and her ability to take on anything that came her way whilst remaining sweet at heart.

The story seemed to lunge over a few weeks, tumbling head first into action – but with context and characters I couldn’t place. Too many names were listed for me to check off my memory, and because of that, I struggled to understand the implications of those lost and those surviving, even towards the end of the book.

Daniel leads his team on several... missions in order to stop Kayla’s father. Sometimes I wondered what their actual plan was. They seem to head to locations only to be slaughtered, but I couldn’t work out what they were trying to achieve.

Towards the end, the close-knit team of friends managed to plan intelligent operations which made the action a lot more engaging. On that note, there was a little bit too much action in this book for me. I’d have preferred a little more plot and a few more striking moments, rather than fight scenes and deaths. I also wish it relied a little more on the unique concepts which made me love book one, rather than turning to bible verses and long fight scenes.

A few sections felt inappropriate considering the context. For example, the party. So after a mission flooded with peril to gather food - and, erm, DVDs – I assumed they were low on supplies and unable to leave their safe haven. Perfect time for a ball! Well, probably not. I did wonder where Kayla managed to find a beautiful dress. Or why this was a thing. Is it a good time for a ball when you’re under attack? It’s not an utter impossibility, but I’d have liked a better reason.

Vampires were introduced at once point. They were never mentioned again.

Another strange and rather short-lived section was the tournament. This was explained in detail but, as far as I can tell, never actually happened. Much of the training was also describe in detail which can be skimmed over.

I’m quite surprised by some of the character’s lack of common knowledge, too. A witch who hasn’t heard of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse? Okay, maybe. But a few other ‘twists’ were thrust upon the characters which were very predictable and made the characters look quite slow.

It’s still exciting to read and dull moments are rare (you can always speed up your reading pace until the good bits come back around). I’d like to read the next in the series as it ended in an intriguing place. I recommend reading it directly after book one as it races off the start line with or without you!

Source: Thanks to Curiosity Quills for providing a free kindle version via Netgalley.com.
Blog:ScookieReviews
Profile Image for Nay Denise.
1,518 reviews82 followers
April 15, 2016
I received a copy for review from the publishing company.

Holy hell! I thought Catch Me When I Fall was awesome...but this was by far one of the best sequels I've read! Action packed, full of drama and just twists all in it! Vicki Leigh is absolutely brilliant with her writing in this paranormal romance. Once again the whole Nightmare being paranormal characters is just amazing!

Daniel is possibly the best male protagonist I've ever read! He still has the macho man, protector of all mentality in this book, but I love that he becomes more open and vulnerable -- rather in touch with his emotions. Daniel is definitely a force to be reckoned with. Kayla definitely become bolder and stronger than I ever. I actually felt scared that she would slip and succumb to the dark magic, but she didn't. I loved Kayla. The romance between the two of them is absolutely perfect.

Tabbi was such a sweet girl. I felt like my heart ripped out of my chest when she died. Same for Trishna, she at least went out like a champ protecting her crew. I was upset when they died, but their deaths were fuel for Kayla when the big fight counted in the end. The whole thing with Nolan tore me to pieces. I really wanted to cry for him. I love how bold and playful he was. He was willing to do anything to protect Kayla and kill Richard and finding out why made the book that more interesting. I'm so happy that he was able to come back as a Dreamcatcher -- he is going to be kick butt. Daniel, Kayla and Nolan are going going to be a serious killer trio and with Sam and Seth at their sides -- dynamic!

Bartholomew is damn man! I can't believe he was a real angel -- that never crossed my mind, but when all is said and done it all made sense. Samantha finally let go of her anger and was happy for Daniel which I loved! She also finally found someone she could love which was so awesome! Seth was still the perverted jerk, but definitely can't help but love him.

Richard was still an annoying man. I hated him just as much as I did the first book. I cannot understand how he could be so evil to his real kids and to this "altered" kids. He seriously was insane. I loved how quick he was at being one step ahead of them all, but he was still an evil jerk. Finding out the deal he made and seeing how emotional he got about his kids just added to a mixture of drama. I was so excited for the fight he had with Kayla. That was absolutely dramatic, but he finally got what he deserved.

Apollyon is a character I never thought would irritate me so much. I didn't know how I feel about him. I know he will be worse than Richard, but will he better at how he treats people. I'm still iffy about him and his overall plan. Will he try to kill Kayla? So many questions.

I need the third book now! I need to know what happens next!!!!
Profile Image for Krystin.
53 reviews1 follower
December 20, 2015
It's been five weeks since Richard began the supernatural apocalypse. He first struck in Rome, destroying the safety Daniel has known for the last 200 years. When a fallen friend is returned to Caelum with a message carved into his body referencing the four Horsemen Daniel knows this is war like he's never seen. Before the Protectors can react massive, coordinated attacks claim thousands of lives and an illness they thought was targeted for Daniel begins to kill thousands worldwide. With the Horseman of Pestilence released Daniel knows it’s time to let Kayla in on the battle plans, but their fight is met with more death and destruction than even Bartholomew could ever imagine and an enemy who just might be the end of the world as they know it.

I had some conflicted feelings about this book. On the one hand, the plot is absolutely amazing. It's addicting - I had to see what happened next! I read straight through books one and two practically nonstop. I was up until 4-5am several nights in a row to finish them and am now desperate to read book three! I believe it is also totally unique in the YA lit world. I haven't read anything else that envisions nightmares as physical demons, with dream guardians trained by angels to protect sleeping humans. It was fascinating and I can imagine a whole set of lore to go with it. On the other hand I think I got eyestrain from how hard I was rolling my eyes. The writing is full of cliches, I don't think I got through a single page without one or more sighs, smirks, sobs, chin grabs, cheek caresses, trickling tears, single tear drops, nose bridge pinches, or longing for specific parts of Kayla's anatomy and the acts that can be done with and to them. It's a little like Twilight meets Supernatural, with a dash of Buffy thrown in.

While I sustained romance related eye injuries during my reading, I think the plot is definitely worth reading this. Despite Daniel's obsession with Kayla and her weird Bella/Buffy split personality thing the characters are, generally, a delight. I felt involved with even the bad guys and everybody has some depth to them. The character and plot twists were exciting and I had a hard time not skipping to the end of the page I was getting so anxious about where things were heading. Published on December 1st this is an excellent addition to your paranormal and romance fans stocking this holiday.

**I received a free ARC in exchange for my honest review**
Profile Image for Jessica Ward.
43 reviews82 followers
February 12, 2017
Daniel, Kayla, and the gang are back for even more action and danger than the first installment of the Dreamcatcher series. What I noticed most about Book 2 in this series is that it is a lot darker and more dangerous for the group.

The book starts out a few months after Book 1 ends and the good guys are gathered in a secret location, building their numbers and supplies while training to get ready to take on Richard again whenever he is found.

Vicki Leigh wastes no time thrusting the characters into horrible situations. The first includes investigating a site of an old coven loyal to Richard where they are met by an animated corpse. The corpse gives a message to Kayla to join Richard or stand by and watch her friends die. When she refuses, it shoots Daniel with a poison arrow that leaves him immobile for a few days while also having horrific nightmares.

This was one of the most terrible parts, I felt, because we are thrown into Daniel's dreams and they are prophetic and really mess with his head.

When Daniel wakes up, he gets no relief when a comrade is brought in with FIND ME IF YOU DARE carved into his chest. Like I said, this book was a lot darker -- hinging almost on a horror-like feel -- and it continues like this throughout the whole novel, foreshadowing the dark side that emerges in Kayla as she uses her powers out of anger.

The story continues to get more dangerous, with the group running into countless issues -- even resulting in a character death that really hit me (and Daniel) in the feels :(

I think the darker side brought out in this book really fits well with the story line and the moving trilogy. I also loved the further character development and relationships strengthened, particularly between Kayla and Daniel as well as Nolan and Daniel. We also get more insight into Daniel himself, and there is a revelation near the end about what he wants/longs for that I found absolutely endearing :)

Per usual, Leigh also incorporates a lot of diversity in her cast of characters which is always refreshing. It really made it feel like "all of the world" was uniting against Richard and his plan to cause an apocalypse.

Overall, there was a perfect balance of danger, love, and paranormal aspects that made this an exceptional read. I'm giddy with anticipation for the conclusion to this series!!!
Profile Image for Jantine.
669 reviews40 followers
November 19, 2015
After 10 percent of this book, I was wondering why I would read on; the story is very much US-based, which is not automatically bad, but for an apocalyptic story it is not really original either - and my too European head already started wondering why, since heck, any bad guy would head for China nowadays, why the focus on the US again? But oh well, that's my head, and on the other hand I think it is a good thing that writers keep themselves to surroundings they know when writing their story into the real world.

Then there was me checking if the writer really was female. How could she write like this about the females in Caelum, like they are lust objects who are somehow able to fight and do magic - at least, they seem to be seen that way by their male companions? A lot of the jokes were cringeworthily misogynistic, and sometimes the romance felt more like patronising and lusting.

Anyway, that was last night, when I was not that far into the story. I did read on, and I am glad I did, since it got better. Not that the location, romance or bad jokes got less or different, it is more that I started to know and like the characters. They had some good points too, like their care for each other. There are some nice twists in the story which I won't point out to avoid spoilers, that did keep me clinging to my ereader all day somehow.

The story in itself, with it's twists and turns, and the way the writer kept me into it, would've made 5 stars. The first mentioned things, however, would've made for 1 star if I hadn't kept reading. So I'm middling it to 3 stars.

I received a free copy in return for an honest review.
73 reviews
January 26, 2016
Following on from the previous story, I had high expectations for the sequel - and I was not disappointed!
This book is action packed from beginning to end, and able to hold the reader's attention until the very end. More information is revealed in this book, and the stakes are raised even higher, causing more emotional responses but also meaning I was kept on the edge of my seat *bed* for the entirety of the story which is actually a hard feat considering that this isn't my usual genre, so well done to Vicki!
There are so many good things I have to say about this book, but it may not be possible for me to put it all into words - though I'll try.
The characters are unique, with honest (mostly) human emotions and actions which increases the ability of the reader to connect with and relate to them. I was fully able to empathise both Kayla and Daniel at many points, which I believe enhanced my enjoyment of the book as it felt a lot more personal.
I really like Vicki's writing style and, as I mentioned in my review of Catch Me When I Fall, think the male POV really adds to the overall story in a way I find hard to explain - so read the book to find out!
As this book is part of a series, it ended on a cliffhanger. However, unlike in some occasions, this cliffhanger left me feeling excited for what's to come instead of baffled at the ending. It also made me want to personally meet Vicki as the ending is perfect yet so realistic - a feat I feel is quite difficult when writing a book in the paranormal genre.
Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this book and cannot wait until the sequel. If it was not already glaringly obvious, I would recommend this book!
3,808 reviews106 followers
November 23, 2015
I was given an electronic copy by Curiosity Quills Press and NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review.

With the Nightmares under his control, Richard takes apart the city in an effort to find Kayla and complete his destiny. As Kayla is one of the four born on October 31st, she is supposed to be used to fulfill the plan set forth by Richard and Apollyon and become one of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse. Daniel, the rest of the Protectors and Magus are frantically trying to save all of humanity.

Find Me If You Dare is one of those books where the good guys cannot seem to catch a break. I am all for strength in the face of adversity, but it gets to be hard to read a book with some much death and destruction. While I thought the first book in the series included a unique concept and a complete world, this book left me with a different impression. Although there were a couple of big plot twists, the overall story was basically one big fight scene. I could almost hear the music playing along with the fighting, not unlike a movie thriller. The character development was slow and did not keep pace with the plot. The author does give small glimpses into the lives of the main characters, but it was not enough to move the characters forward. Find Me If You Dare was a good book, but not as great as Catch Me When I Fall. The ending begs for a sequel and I hope to find it as captivating as Book 1.
Profile Image for Carrie.
2,255 reviews17 followers
December 15, 2015
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Admittedly it has been a while since I read the previous book in the series. That being said, it didn’t take nearly as long as I expected to get sucked back into this world. These poor characters just can’t seem to get a break!

We join the group of “good guys” as they try to train up Kayla. Daniel is having a particularly hard time giving Kayla her freedom, especially knowing that her evil dad is lurking somewhere, ready to continue his plan for world domination. People die in this book. More than you’d think. This book is pretty much the true start of the war and its impact on the human world around them. What started as a battle between more magical folks ends up easily bleeding over into the “regular” world and making a huge impact on just about everything. Nowhere is safe and everyone is uncertain who is truly an ally and who might turn out to be an enemy.

Daniel and Kayla���s relationship grows in this book, but the focus is really and truly on this struggle between factions. Even when I put this book down, I was still uncertain where things were going to head in future installments. Are we headed towards a broken dystopian future sort of world? I’m worried for all these characters that I’ve come to love. It seems like the bad guys are never really out of the picture.
Profile Image for Mrs. Kenyon.
1,205 reviews24 followers
November 8, 2015
Caelum, Daniel and Kayla have been using the five weeks since the battle to train and prepare for what comes next, yet when a message arrives referencing the four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, the group understands the time for training has come to an end. Now that the group is aware of Richard’s plan to use the four Magus born on Halloween, they try desperately to stop him before the first Horseman is released. They can’t stop the loss of thousands of lives, but will they be able to protect the people closest to them? Can Kayla fight her father with her own dark magic without losing herself in the process?

Find Me If You Dare is the second book in the Dreamcatcher series. The action is intense and the story moves along quickly, yet I still found my mind meandering and needing to force myself back to the story itself. Since the book is not long, I was able to keep going and when I reached the end I still felt ho-hum. This is an OK book and I will give the third book a try, but if it gives me the same vibes at the end I will need to pass on the rest of the series.
Profile Image for Leticia.
258 reviews18 followers
December 31, 2015
Daniel is still the main protagonist however Kayla plays a more dominant role and I am really happy to see this. I felt like Kayla in the first book was kind of a wuss. I do understand that the entire situation was new to her and she was learning to deal, but she just grated on the nerves a little. I’m also glad because it will teach Daniel to be a little less aggressive in his Hero persona. They have to be able to work as a team and to work with the others as a team, not two people trying to rescue one another constantly.

Man, Richard…he has it out for the world. Mass Destruction Obsession Batman! I foresee a massive battle between him and his daughter in the future. Especially as Richard revealed that he has Kayla’s mother and is doing God only knows with her mother. His blatant disregard for Nolan’s mother was enough. I can see Kayla handing Richard on serious can of whoop-ass, for sure!

If you'd like to finish reading this review, please visit me at:
Profile Image for Sissy Lu {Book Savvy Reviews}.
511 reviews51 followers
December 1, 2015
*I received this ARC from Curiosity Quills in exchange for an honest review.*

This is the second book to the series and yes I did read the first as well. This is a fast moving series, there isn’t a lot of drag time in them and the pages really do fly by. There is constantly action.

For those who like the Hush, Hush series and The Mortal Instruments, this is kind of up your alley. While this is an entirely unique idea it is along the same pathways.

If you thought that you would get a break from the excitement after the last book, think again.. we really kind of hit the ground running here. There is more action and yes…romance.

The characters experience a good amount of growth, Kayla for instance grows by leaps and bounds even amidst the darkness that threatens everyone. The friends bind together and they rebuild.. all in all it’s a good, fast paced sequel.

For more reviews like this, visit my blog!
Profile Image for T.M.B.A. Corbett.
167 reviews36 followers
March 17, 2016
I read this book a while ago but with my busy schedule (moving across country to be/help family, working two jobs, and sick pets) I have not been able to get my review up. I remember enjoying the read because it had all my favorite things, romance, action, paranormal aspects. I also enjoyed the First Book giving it four Jelly beans/Stars.
I found the plot to be more intriguing than the first book and I found that plot to be fascinating. I enjoyed coming back to the characters from the first book to see how they change from those events. Even if I didn't like the character that much anymore....Daniel :/ Kayla :). The writing is well done and the read is definitely a roller coaster going from slow to a quick pace a lot. The issue was the prose that slowed the story only to lead you into fast action scenes. I would recommend to those who love paranormal books.
Please check out my website for more Book reviews and giveaways!!
Profile Image for Grant Eagar.
Author 11 books4 followers
December 28, 2015
My Review-

Between the protectors and the magus, there is quite a bit of action in this book. After the battles you have healers to patch them back together, then they are ready to go at it again. I felt this story was fast paced with a generous portion of action and mayhem along with romance. I loved the characters Leigh created here. I felt the chapters breezing by, it was a fun read.
The dystopian world was inventive and fun. Though there was a great deal of collateral damage; a lot more innocent people were killed than those who were actually involved with the conflict. But I suppose that just raises the stakes.

I give it 4 and a half stars
Profile Image for Diane.
Author 15 books12 followers
December 1, 2015
Received a complimentary copy to read and review. Great second installment of the series. I couldn't put it down. Love the characters and world that Vicki has created. It has some great twists and turns. Readers will be drawn into the story right away. I look forward to reading more of Vicki's books.
Profile Image for Shirley.
45 reviews1 follower
January 16, 2016
My goodness, this book was soooo much better than the first one! Loved every minute of it. It even made me cry several times, the emotional parts were really well described. Brilliant. Will there be a third?
1 review1 follower
September 18, 2018
A great curl up in your bed and read all day book

This book had just enough romance, action, and suspense to make it a perfectly balanced book. I would recommend this book for any one who enjoyed the Vampire Diaries.
Displaying 1 - 25 of 25 reviews

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.