Start by marking “Signs Point to Yes” as Want to Read:
Signs Point to Yes

Signs Point to Yes

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  2,621 Ratings  ·  523 Reviews
If only Jane’s Magic 8 Ball could tell her how to get through the summer. With her “perfect” sister, Margo, home for her “perfect” internship, Jane is not going to be able to spend the summer writing fan fiction, as she had planned. And her emergency babysitting job requires Jane to spend the whole summer in awkward proximity to her new crush, Teo, a nerdy-hot lifeguard wi ...more
Published October 20th 2015 by Swoon Reads

To ask other readers questions about Signs Point to Yes, please sign up.
☁Ginjer the ninja☁ what do you mean by this? If you mean gay as an offensive term, screw you.
There is a bisexual supporting character

Aimee ♥ | Aimee, Always
Fans of John Green and Adi Alsaid will want to get their paws on Signs Point to Yes, with its quirky characters and witty-in-an-awkward-way writing.

Personally, I'm not really a fan of said writing style, and that was the main thing that stopped me from fully enjoying this book. There were times when the dialogue was just too stiff and unnatural--and so were the characters in general. They just had this really rough flow that made me awkward as a reader.

Despite that, I can say that the characters
Ylenia
Jun 06, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015-reads
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

More like: Signs Point to Meh.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I really did enjoy her first book (as you can read here). It was fun and light and fluffy and I'm always ready for something light and fluffy, especially if it is also funny.
This book follows characters with no brain so it's super light and fluffy but it is too much for me. TOO MUCH STUPIDITY TO HANDLE.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It wasn't so bad but it wasn't anything I haven't read before.
There's no shocking plot twist, nothing really so life changing.
I was enjoying my time reading it
Fenia
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fluffiness
FANGIRLING ABOUT THE FANGIRL PROTAGONIST!!!!!! I'm simply blown away. Jane was a fandom gal like us and i cant even. i relate to her in so many levels.
i loved this book so much. fluffy and funny and lovely. ♥
Wendy Darling
Sandy Hall writes the most adorable dialogue and narrative voice, but this one felt overall too scattered and lacking in focus, especially towards the end. She's already mastered the hardest thing, which is unique voice (with cute romance and delightful humor)--it'd be nice to see what a dedicated editor could do to help her shape her future work into something even better.

Still, I love that voice so much, I still enjoyed the read. And you gotta love a girl who writes Dr.Who + Little Women/Vero
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
This review appears on Happy Indulgence. Check it out for more reviews!

Signs Point to Yes was centered around a young teenager, Jane, who bases all her life decisions around a magical 8 ball that answers yes or no to questions. It was an interesting concept, but for someone to so heavily rely on this to make her own decisions felt a bit…silly I guess?

Jane seems to be this passive throughout the whole book, with her avoidance of a discussion that matters with her mum regarding college, not knowi
Bee (Heart Full of Books)
This books was trying to juggle a lot of things, and I'm so surprised that in less than 300 pages Sandy Hall somehow managed to pull it off. I only wish Margot's storyline had more time to develop. I really loved that this book was fun, fast-paced, and full of plot. After all the snow and rain we've been having in the UK, it was lovely to get a glimpse of summer in this book.
Gillian Berry
Jun 21, 2015 rated it did not like it
Maybe 1.5 or 2, but mostly I'm very disappointed. though this book is harmless and sweet, is also flat, rather boring, and lacking conflict. it has no voice or personality, which A Little Something Different had in spades. I found myself wondering what the POINT is this book was--as in, why was it written and why were we paying any attention to these people are this time in their lives--and I hate that. Big MEH, alas.
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing

What will the future bring? What should I do? What do I really want from life? So many unknowns make up our days, futures, and pasts. How can we know what to do or which way to go? Family and friends can help with communication and trust. But a little guidance from the Magic 8 Ball can’t hurt either. :)

Jane needs to find a job for the summer. A paying job away from her mother’s constant pushing and pressure and “it-would-look-good-on-your-college-application” talk. When a too perfect for words,
Yoda
Cute but not my favorite. It was adorable in the middleschool kind of way.
Danielle (Love at First Page)
This one hurts! I was very much charmed by Sandy Hall’s debut, A Little Something Different, and had high hopes that her sophomore book would have me once again grinning, shipping, and internally screaming, “JUST KISS!” Unfortunately, signs were not pointing to yes.

The beginning wasn’t too bad. We meet Jane, a superstitious fangirl who agrees to a babysitting job over the summer. Her mom has been hassling her about college applications, but Jane is not even sure she wants to go to college, let
Ashley Daviau
May 14, 2017 rated it liked it
I didn't enjoy this nearly as much as my first Sandy Hall, A Little Something Different, but I did enjoy it nonetheless! I needed a quick fluffy read after all the heavy books I've been reading and this one definitely provided that!

I think the reason I enjoyed it less than A Little Something Different is that I just didn't enjoy the characters as much. I enjoyed seeing them grow throughout the story but I felt no particular attachment or connection to any of them. There was nothing about them t
Misty
May 31, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a quick, cute, and fluffy read to start off the summer season. 🙂
Catherine Tinker
How do I feel about Signs Point to Yes?

Mostly
 photo tom excited face_zpspgidalnx.gif

Honest to goodness, imagining Ravi with Aziz Ansari's voice just takes this book to a whole new level of delightful.

There is so much cute and flirting that just had me like
 photo excited tom face_zpsmffux4bj.gif

Seriously,
 photo treat yo self_zpsnb2cu4hw.gif
to an afternoon curled up with Signs Point to Yes.
-----------------------------------------
Inspired by Sandy Hall's mention that Aziz Ansari inspired one of the characters, and this tumblr exchange we had:
 photo review promise_zpsu16dfgax.png
I will be reviewing this book entirely in Tom Haverford gifs.
 photo excited tom face_zpsmffux4bj.gif
Ge
Rhea Dsouza
Jan 28, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Win a Paperback Copy of Signs Point To Yes by Sandy Hall!

Without ado, I’m going to talk about my favourite character first, and that’s Teo. The book is a dual POV (yay I seriously love those) and that kept me engrossed in the book wholeheartedly. SPtY is a type of book that deserves all its characters to have a say. And Teo Garcia, like I mentioned, was my absolute favourite. This guy is the principle love interest in the book, but he is so much more than that! He’s smart and driven, but this
Olivia (The Candid Cover)
Looking to hold onto summer for just a while longer? This book is one that is not to be missed! Signs Point to Yes is the kind of book that will make the reader long for summer days with its perfect fangirl of a main character and an amazing dramatic rivalry.

The story line for Signs Point to Yes has it all! A road trip, a cute summer romance, a search for a long lost father… This is the perfect book to kick back and relax with. While reading, I was totally wishing for summer to come back because
Radwa
Dec 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Well, that was incredibly cute!

I was already excited for this author and her sugar-coated novels after reading her first overly cute love story "A little something different", and while I can't tolerate such cuteness and fluff too much in my reading, this was a nice breeze of fresh air.

This is your typical love story between two neighbors, each with their own dreams and high school issues, I loved the diversity and the little (somewhat not-so-convincing) adventures. The cast of characters was ni
rachel • typed truths

Like Hall’s Been Here All Along, I found Signs Point to Yes to be a sweet, endearing and entertaining read - in a mindless sort of way - but one which didn’t really make much more of an impression than that. The characters and the romance lacked depth and the plotline was a little bit all over the place. What made this a truly meh read, however, was its sheer awkwardness. I concede that in contemporary romances, especially ones that attempt to be as modern as Sandy Hall, there’s a fine
charlotte
She knew she needed to get home before anyone noticed her absence, but each of her limbs felt like it weighed a thousand pounds, and her brain was clouded with worry. She sat on the bench a little longer.

More of a 2.5 star book than 3

I've seen pretty mixed reviews of this book, and I can see why. The writing isn't great and the characters are maybe bordering on one-sided, but the book is cute and the relationships are pretty good.

I had a few issues with this book though. For one, Ravi was a gr
Karla Mae (Reads and Thoughts)
All signs point to ---->> Yes! Yes! Yes! Read this book.
Sandy Hall is really amazing. After reading her really different book - A little Something Different - I'm eagerly waiting to read this new novel of her and I loved it just as much as I love the first one.

I love Theo and Jane, they are just lovely together. *insert hearty emoji here*

This is the type of story that would make you relax and just enjoy what's going on with the story, there are hassles and complications but overall its sti
Emily (Obsessed Reader)
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
OMG SO CUTEEEEE. Sandy Hall’s books are adorable! I love books that allow me to fall in love with the characters and just smile and laugh throughout the books because of is cuteness. Sorry, I’ll stop talking about how cute it is now. I will read anything Hall comes out with from now on!
Nina
Oct 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adults, romance
Signs Point to Yes rekindles my love for teenlits and reminds me of how I used to love reading them in my younger days. Many things happen and I was intrigued what would happen next. Frankly I enjoy this more than ALSD eventhough ALSD has gathered more reviews in number and mostly they are positive.
It's still about romance but at least the development isn't too slow and there are many interesting issues.
This is the third time I read #sandyhall books.
Abi (The Knights Who Say Book)
cool so this isn't happening

DNF at 2% in. Literally 2%. The writing is awkward and stilted, like an author who usually writes for children attempting to write for teens.
Paige (Illegal in 3 Countries)
Jun 03, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc, bea-15
See more of my reviews on The YA Kitten! My copy was an ARC I got from the publisher during BEA 2015.

Diversity Rating: 1 – Tokenism

Racial-Ethnic:
1 (Teo is Puerto Rican, Ravi is Indian, Asian girl in the background)
QUILTBAG: 1 (Margo is bi and her LI Kara is either gay or bi)
Disability: 0
Intersectionality: 0

Funny thing: most of my friends fell in love with Hall’s debut novel A Little Something Different (I did not for girl hate-related reasons) and most of these same friends have been left unimp
Kris
Jul 10, 2015 rated it did not like it
Simplistic. Shallow. Unnatural. There's good potential, but this needed to be heavily rewritten and polished before it reached ARC stage. I was torn between one and two stars.

There's no real conflict in the beginning to intrigue the reader. And the conflict that is forced (between Jane and Ravi) has no good motivation behind it. The plot is slow, and the interactions between Jane and Teo are contrived, pointless, and bland. I understand that the premise of this romance is that it's two young, aw
Romie
This book really stroke a chord.
I really liked Jane and the way she's trying to deal with her life, with her mom's expectations; she's trying to grow up, but at her own pace. She's kinda lost in her life, thinking that she's not as smart as her entire family, not knowing what the future holds, but she's willing to do what's best for HER, not for anyone else. And that's important.
I got along with Margo, with her dealing with how she's going to come out as bisexual to her family, how she's discov
Patricia Crowther
Oct 22, 2015 rated it it was ok
*Actual rating 2.5*

Wow, this was just so disappointing! Thankfully it was a very quick read otherwise I would not have finished it.
Anna
Apr 05, 2015 marked it as to-read
Genesis Sheli (Latte Nights Reviews)
Jane is looking for a summer job that pays and she finds one as a babysitter for a family she knows very well. Teo’s family needs a babysitter for his step-sisters and he doesn’t mind that it’s Jane who will be doing the job but his best friend really despises her so he has to deal with that along with trying to find his birth father so he can live a simple and quiet life.

This is the first book I read by Sandy Hall and my expectations weren’t but it was a good and some-what entertaining story. I
Nicole
As seen on The Quiet Concert

Well, color me surprised. I don't think I could have had a more opposite reaction to two works by the same author. Having LOVED A Little Something Different, I went into Signs Point to Yes with eagerness and an expectation to finish this book feeling just as smitten. However, as you can tell by my rating, that is not what happened.

Signs Point to Yes was, sadly, not what I would consider a strong contemporary. The story itself - the search for Teo's father being a cent
Dahlia
Jul 27, 2015 added it
Shelves: 2015-releases
This book was a fun, sweet read, full of deadpan banter that's basically exactly how I talk to my friends, and I loved it for that. There's a lot in the construction I don't think quite works - Margo's POV is an obvious tool I have mixed feelings about (more on that in a sec) - there's no real start-to-finish story arc, and claiming Ravi as part of the main plot when he's a fairly typical secondary was an odd choice to me - but I love the fun voice so much that all that stuff is more "FYI, futur ...more
Long story 2 6 Nov 07, 2015 01:40PM
Winner 1 5 Oct 21, 2015 09:47AM
Book 1 5 Oct 07, 2015 05:50PM
  • One Would Think the Deep
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters (Grimbaud, #1)
  • The Flywheel
  • The Trouble with Destiny
  • Like It Never Happened
  • Becoming Kirrali Lewis
  • The Prom Goer's Interstellar Excursion
  • The Moonlight Dreamers
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
  • Under the Lights (Daylight Falls, #2)
  • This Ordinary Life
  • The Secrets of Attraction
  • Finding Freia Lockhart
  • Infinite in Between
  • The Guy, the Girl, the Artist and His Ex
  • Those Girls
  • Sunkissed (Ladybirds, #3)
  • A Step Toward Falling

Young Adult Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • American Street
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Inexplicable Logic of My Life
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wish
    $5.67 $2.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Wednesday Wars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Path of the Storm (Evermen Saga, #3)
  • Three Times Lucky
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Small Rain: A Novel
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Master Magician (The Paper Magician, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Compound (The Compound, #1)
    $7.09 $2.99