Start by marking “Saint Odd (Odd Thomas, #7)” as Want to Read:
Saint Odd (Odd Thomas, #7)

Saint Odd

(Odd Thomas #7)

4.16  ·  Rating details ·  18,671 ratings  ·  1,957 reviews

The seventh and final Odd Thomas thriller from the master storyteller.

The future is haunting Odd Thomas.

The carnival has returned to Pico Mundo, the same one that came to town when Odd was just sixteen. Odd is drawn to an arcade tent where he discovers Gypsy Mummy, the fortune-telling machine that told him that he and Stormy Llewellyn were destined to be together forever.

B

Published January 15th 2015 by HarperCollins (first published January 8th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Saint Odd, please sign up.
Jacob Springer No, because it's obvious by now that death isn't the end of anything but only the beginning of the real adventure.

·  18,671 ratings  ·  1,957 reviews

Start your review of Saint Odd (Odd Thomas, #7)
Franklin
Oct 18, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I was bummed when the publishing date moved and anxiously awaited the arrival of "Saint Odd" only to find it to be a huge let down. If you have followed the series, the big reveal that awaited you was 'Will they be together forever?" To be honest by the end of this meandering book, I no longer cared. And trying not to spoil it, the ending seemed hurriedly tacked on. I waited through 8 books to get to an ending that left me empty and just a wee bit angry. All the paranormal aspects of the series ...more
Obsidian
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't know why I am surprised. Dean Koontz has done this to me so many times I should not be shocked that I ended up disliking this book and gave it a 1.5 stars. Now I am wishing that I had left things alone after reading, You Are Destined to be Together Forever.

The evolution of Odd. We don't have Odd running around using "Odd speak" that much. He only lapses into it a time or two, for the most part we have him acting like an actual grown up that has aged internally and externally due to the
Phrynne
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, so sad that this is the last in the series. I have loved Odd since the first page of the first book and really regret having to let him go. This probably is not the best book in the series but I gave it four stars for readability (I finished it in one day) and for closure. Odd Thomas has left the building and is in his happy place. The ending turned out to be a little rushed but that's okay as I read it twice anyway. Good bye Odd and thanks for such a fun ride:)
Michelle
'Amazement is an emotional response, astonishment a intellectual one'.

Well here we are at the end of the Odd Thomas series, am I amazed or astonished? Tricky question, I think I'm both amazed and astonished to have reached the end.

I started off adoring this series, and while I've adored Odd Thomas right the way through I did fall out with Dean Koontz mid way. However, these last two books have been decent, I'm glad I pulled myself through.

And there we are, no more Odd, but it's been fun, such
Athena Macmillan
After waiting so long to finally get my hands on the finale to this series, I ended up being surprisingly underwhelmed. It was very promising most of the way through, but seemed to wind down some time before getting to what should have been the climax of the series. It was a satisfying conclusion, but not one that lived up to the direction the previous books had taken. It could probably almost be read as a stand alone book, as Koontz describes all the important things that had happened up til th ...more
Branwen Sedai *of the Brown Ajah*
So very much about our strange and deeply layered world remained mysterious to me, but my experiences had taught me, among other things, that there were no coincidences.

I've been a fan of this series and these characters for almost ten years, so it is with a strong mixture of sadness and joy that I bid them all farewell.

It's going to take me a while to construct a proper review of this book. I'm too emotional over it right now, which is of course a good thing and a bad thing. :)
Stephanie
A fitting end to a favorite series. I will miss Oddie, he was wonderful.

I can't say too much about this, I don't want give anything away. But if you've been reading these, you know where it's been headed, back to Pico Mundo, back to the scene of the original crime that started this whole ball rolling.

Odd rolls back into town and stops at the Green Moon Mall which is now abandoned after the horrific killing spree that took Odd's one and only love, Stormy Llewelyn. He is wandering through looking
PF O'Friar
Nov 22, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I cannot believe this one was so bad, I would never have expected that.

I love any other Odd book, also both Moonlight Bay.

All of them have a quest involved in magical Mystery and developing secrets.
Saint Odd: Nothing. No Magic at all.
At 50%, nothing had happened.

You know that secret you want to know about that special character: I'm a (insert any magical name here). No more than that.

Every other Odd book, had a continuous narrative, but a surprise plot that was greatly all over the place: Aliens
Kristie
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hmmm... I thought this was a really good story, but I felt the ending was anticlimactic to the series. I felt that Odd deserved something...more. Obviously, I don't want to give anything away, so I won't explain that in detail. I will simply say that the end of this book had a good build up, but then ended too quickly and too simply in my opinion. I suppose that is the point, since it is the story of a fry cook at heart.

More importantly, there is a part that was unbelievable even for Odd and I
Jenna
Dec 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
A beautiful ending to a wonderful and thrilling set of books! I won't give out any spoilers- this is better than I had expected!
Cherie
Jan 14, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Without giving anything away, I'll just say I had hoped for more.
KatieV
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Endings are hard, especially with a series. I've put off writing this review for a few days, because I wasn't sure exactly how I felt. I'm going to give it a 4, because I enjoyed it more than the last few and we're back in Pico Mundo. As I mentioned, I am unsure of my feelings, but for sentimental reasons I must go with a 4 even though the ending was not as sweet as the beginning.

In the first book, Koontz created a character that many of us fell in love with. A young eccentric with a complicated
Shannon
I need an Odd Thomas support group...is there one available??? I can't even handle this right now, I will have to regroup and come back to write my full review, but suffice it to say this was a fitting end to what was an incredible series...Odd Thomas is probably my favorite fictional character ever.

That I had come full circle shouldn't have surprised me, for we are born into time only to be born out of it, after living through the cycles of the seasons, under stars that turn because the world t
Tiffany PSquared
I came home to die and to live in death

Although I have enjoyed the Odd Thomas series, I always find them so hard to review. Odd just isn't everyone's cup of tea. His stories are, well, ... odd.

If you are into ghosts and other supernatural entities, then this book is for you.
But if you're into good guys vs. bad guys, then this book is for you, too.

If you're into enigmatic questions concerning the meaning of life and our existence in the universe, then this book is definitely for you.
But if you'
Jessica Weinreich
To quote a previous reviewer: "meh". I REALLY wanted to like this and given my hatred of "Odd Hours," with the subsequent volumes not being much better, that was probably my mistake. The story lacks focus, takes too long, and the main conflict ends hurriedly. It reminded me of how Stephen King finished "The Stand" - like he got tired of writing. Truly it feels like Koontz had run out of ideas for Odd, adding volumes for pressure from fans or money or whatever. He has never met the quality of the ...more
Gail Strickland
I doubt I'm telling tales out of school if I mention that things don't end well for Odd. Koontz tells us several times that this is the final book in the Odd series but I wonder. Never say never, Mr. Koontz but unless you can come up with a better story line, don't bother...please.
Christopher Lawson
“You are Destined to be Together Forever,” --the Gypsy Mummy prophecy

In SAINT ODD, our hero again returns to his hometown, Pico Mundo. Unfortunately for that town, however, the satanic cult, overcome so recently, has also returned in force. This time, the satanists are ready to wreak havoc on the town's inhabitants in an even more violent way.

Like the other books in the series, SAINT ODD involves evil forces versus good. In SAINT ODD, our hero makes a return to the carnival setup at Pico Mundo,
Angela
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
and Odd's saga is finished. All the holes are filled. Although in the end a couple of the plot holes are not fulfilled enough. It is like Koontz had to end it and just made up a couple of things. Just did not jive but in all it was a wonderful story
Chris
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I gave 5 stars more for the series than this book, but I did like it as well.

By this time we have traveled a long way with Odd and I thoroughly enjoyed the trip. Consistently good and sometimes great, this series has taken this completely engaging character through 7 novels and 3 novellas. Funny, tense, and even scary at times, Odd Thomas is a thoroughly original character with a never ending wit and wisdom and one of my all time favorites.

Don't want to say much about plot because this is the l
John
Aug 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I write this review with equal parts happiness and sadness.Happiness for the fact that i know Odd Thomas complete story now.Sadness because for me the journey is over.I would be doing a incredible injustice to fellow readers to give away any of the plot of this final volume but for those of you who have arrived at the end of this magnificent ride i leave you with this i now know the true meaning of FULLY SMOOTH AND TOTALLY BLUE.

Thank you Mr. Koontz for creating two characters Odd and Stormy who
Grumpus
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
No review, no commentary, just a heartfelt thank you to Dean Koontz.

I believe this was my all-time favorite series. I'm sad that this was the last book but enjoyed how it all wrapped up. David Aaron Baker's narration throughout the series was outstanding and as listeners we are fortunate that he was able to read the entire series. Good job Dean Koontz and David Aaron Baker.
Miranda Reads
This book had me right until the epilogue. That was a weird one.

Review to come.

Audiobook Comments
Read by David Aaron Baker - having a consistent reader throughout an entire series makes my heart happy.

Blog | Instagram | Twitter
Matt
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hmmm...for the most part a good story, but i have to say i'm a bit let down with how the whole "Odd Thomas" saga came to an end. I expected the outcome, but the way it was accomplished was a little lacking.

I rated it 4 stars, but the real rating would be 3 and a half stars.
Winter Sophia Rose
Touching, Complex, Amusing, Charming, Memorable & Beautifully Written Series! I Loved It! ...more
Amber
Odd Thomas arrives back to his hometown of Pico Mundo California only to be stalked and attacked by the Satanic cult that killed his true love Stormy and whose hideout was destroyed in Nevada. Can he stop them from causing chaos and destruction to his home before it's too late? Read on and find out for yourself.

This was an amazing but sad finale to the Odd Thomas Series. It was action packed, full of thrills and chills. It held me on the edge of my seat. If you like action thrillers with a super
Julie
Saint Odd by Dean Koontz is a 2015 Bantam publication.

Oddie has had such a melancholy life, and is such a sweet guy, I fell in love with him right away. Every time I read an Odd Thomas novel , I just wanted to reach through the pages and hold him. But, after the the third or fourth book in the series, I stopped making an effort to pick it back up again.

I noticed this one in the overdrive library, and it's obvious from the title and cover which way the series was headed. So, with no patience fo
Kimberley
If you've read the first 6 books you can kind of see the end coming, but it still felt rather abrupt. The reader doesn't get much closure or really any answers as to why any of this was happening. The motive for the evildoers seemed rather weak. There is not much characterization of the bad guys, but from what little the reader does get to see/hear of them, they seem like cardboard cutouts, speaking and acting like caricatures of a stereotypically IQ-challenged country yokel who has somehow mana ...more
Tucker Elliot
Dec 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had the same reaction to SAINT ODD as I did the last three books in the series – readers who’ve been along for the entire ride and are already Odd Thomas fans will enjoy it, but new readers might be left wondering what the fuss was about.

No spoilers here – but as someone who has read the books in order, from the beginning, I thought Dean Koontz did an admirable job creating a final chapter to Odd’s saga. Koontz is often philosophical with his prose – not just with Odd Thomas, but in most all o
J.S. Bailey
May 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't think I've ever cried so much reading a Koontz book. It's like I have feelings, or something.
Chris
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the 7th and final installment in the Odd Thomas series, Dean Koontz has his unlikely hero return to his hometown Pico Mundo, where it all began. Over the past few years, Odd has followed his unique gift for rooting out unimaginable evil and saving innocent lives, all the while meeting remarkable allies along the way. But his journey has brought him back home for a reason...to confront an unstoppable diabolical force bent on unleashing death and destruction.

Both heartfelt and poignant, terrify

• 77 Shadow Street (Pendleton, #1)
  • Relentless
  • The Door to December
  • Hart's Hope
  • The Bad Place
  • The Witch Sisters (The Taker, #2.5)
  • The Final Prophecy (Ben Alderman #3)
  • The Hounds and the Fury ("Sister" Jane, #5)
  • Hope's Reign (Memory's Wake Trilogy, #2)
  • The Trayvon Hoax: Unmasking the Witness Fraud that Divided America
  • Poetry in (e) Motion: The Illustrated Words of Scroobius Pip
  • Hardboiled
  • Through the Burning Steppe: A Memoir of Wartime Russia, 1942-1943
  • First Ladies: An Intimate Group Portrait of White House Wives
  • Yoga for Regular Guys: The Best Damn Workout On The Planet!
  • Olverston Grange ...and Other Stories: The Director's Cut
  • The Word Detective: Solving the Mysteries Behind Those Pesky Words and Phrases
  • Great American Bestsellers

Dean, the author of many #1 New York Times bes

Odd Thomas (7 books)
  • Odd Thomas (Odd Thomas, #1)
  • Forever Odd (Odd Thomas, #2)
  • Brother Odd (Odd Thomas, #3)
  • Odd Hours (Odd Thomas, #4)
  • Odd Apocalypse (Odd Thomas, #5)
  • Deeply Odd (Odd Thomas, #6)

Articles featuring this book

As we prepare for the 10th Annual Goodreads Choice Awards, we took a look back at some of the past winners from the last decade. Not...
“I never knew whether I was drawn to eccentric people or if they were drawn to me.” 16 likes
“When I was no longer of the world, I would miss its extravagant beauty. I would miss the complex and charming layers of subterfuge by which the truth of the world’s mysteries were withheld from us even as we were tantalized and enchanted by them. I would miss the kindness of good people who were compassionate when so many were pitiless, who made their way through so much corruption without being corrupted themselves, who eschewed envy in a world of envy, who eschewed greed in a world of greed, who valued truth and could not be drowned in a sea of lies, for they shone and, by the light they cast, they had warmed me all my life.” 9 likes