Start by marking “Missing You” as Want to Read:
Missing You

Missing You

Until Ryan can't take it anymore.<
Published April 1st 2015 by Random House Australia (first published February 25th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Missing You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Missing You

Start your review of Missing You
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-books
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
*4.5 stars
Kylie Kaden made quite the impression on me when I read her debut novel Losing Kate in 2015. Missing You does not suffer whatsoever from second novel syndrome, in fact, it is just as good as Kaden’s first novel. Missing You is a sharp contemporary domestic noir novel, with subtle undertones of romance. It offers the reader a powerful exploration of a family and a couple under stress, due to a missing key family mem
Brenda
Aisha’s meeting with Ryan was as unexpected as it was dramatic. Leaving a loud music event she stumbled and fell – a handsome stranger came to her aid and the chemistry between the two of them was instant. As Aisha learned more about Ryan, she discovered he was a twin, but also that he didn’t particularly get on with his brother Luke. She also found that he didn’t want children – he was quite adamant on that; but she didn’t see it as a problem – until it became one…

When Eli was born
Dale Harcombe
Sep 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Three and a half stars.
I had mixed feelings about this book. I liked the beginning of the novel about Aisha. This sets the scene, so you want to know what happened. I liked Patrick, Aisha’s father and Eli, her autistic son. The way their relationship developed over the course of the novel when Aisha went missing after a mysterious phone call. The change in grandfather and grandson relationship was well handled. I wasn’t overly enamoured of Aisha or her husband Ryan, who opts out when life
Shelleyrae at Book'd Out

"At what point did this become my fate? Did I ever control it? And if I'd chosen differently, would all the good parts dissolve along with the bad? Even if this is the end, I have no regrets. For giving into that magnetic pull we had, despite wanting different things....I didn't think it was possible to love another human more..."

Aisha and Ryan fell in love the moment they met, and were certain would make it work, despite the differences between them. Five years later, struggling with the reali
Jenny
Missing You is about the disappearance of a young mother and how it affects her family. One night Aisha asked her father Patrick to look after her four-year-old son Eli after receiving a phone call. However, when Patrick wroke up the next morning, Aisha had not come home. Patrick started to worry because it is not like Aisha to leave her autism spectrum son. The Readers of Missing You will continue to follow the twists and turns in the investigation to find Aisha.

I did enjoy reading Missing You
Deborah
Mar 03, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first thing you must know: I loved Missing You so much I read it in a night.

I have to admit, the back cover blurb didn't jump out at me: Young couple meet, fall in love and get married—though he's a bit of a louse. Their son is autistic, putting a strain on their marriage. The hubby leaves. The wife then disappears one night leaving the child with her father.

I imagined protracted scenes about their great (albeit mismatched) romance, then a lot of medical stuff and ove
Carol -  Reading Writing and Riesling
Apr 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
My View:
I determine a great read by two characteristics - either the book captivates me and I read in one sitting or it evokes such apprehension, a tingling of the spine, that I want to put off the ugliness I know is coming. This is a book that captivates, that you will pick up, start reading and the next thing you know the house is quiet and you are the only one still up and you are still reading!

A narrative told through the eyes of three of the protagonists – Aisha, Patrick and Ryan. I
Jenn J McLeod
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another great story from Kylie Kaden. Like Losing Kate (loved, loved her debut) there is a mystery - a disappearance. I love an author who creates authentic characters (Kylie stays clear of the cliche) and enjoyed the two time periods and the slow reveal of each character's issues and challenges.

Reading the reviews on this it seems while all the characters are well drawn and complex it is the relationship between Eli, an autistic boy, and his grandfather, Patrick that shines. I have to agree. I
Bree T
Apr 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
For Aisha and Ryan, it was love at first sight after a chance meeting when Aisha was leaving a university party. Ryan was older, already well into his first job and Aisha was still finishing her bachelor’s degree. Despite the fact that they always knew that they wanted different things, they settled into a strong relationship and eventually married. Ryan had never wanted children but he wanted Aisha and soon they welcomed their son Eli.

It wasn’t long before they realised that Eli’s n
MarciaB - Book Muster Down Under
I was blown away by this, Brisbane-based author Kylie Kaden’s second novel. After reading her debut novel, Losing Kate, last year, I didn’t think she could get any better. Boy was I in for a surprise! As most of you that follow my blog know, I’ve never really enjoyed novels from the first-person perspective but, thankfully, our Aussie authors are showing me that they can get this point of view right and I’ve begun to embrace this manner of narrative with its sense of immediacy and intimacy.

In Mi
Lee
Apr 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I requested this book from net galley because I recognised the author’s name and had heard good things about her first book, Losing Kate. I’m so pleased I was successful and given the opportunity to read and review Missing You. I seriously loved this book.

I must say the blurb is a little misleading. I was thinking it might be a family drama; a couple coping with their autistic child, lots of arguments and deep thoughts. And on some level, that is exactly how it starts out, but gradua
Connie Baker
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was really looking forward to reading the latest offering by Brisbane writer Kylie Kaden and I was not disappointed.

Told through the experiences of three main characters this book is well-written, engaging (I read it in one night) and a definite page turner.

Having grown up in Brisbane the local feel added an extra dimension but don't worry if you're not familiar with the area - the writer's descriptive style will fill in any gaps for you.

At first I thought the style of jumping back and fort
Lily Malone
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"I thought I knew her like the tides - who she is; what she wants." Ryan on Aisha.
It's lines like this that keep me coming back to Kylie Kaden's writing and her stories. I loved Losing Kate and Missing You makes a wonderful follow up for Kylie, a great fresh voice in Australian fiction.
For me, the storyline showing the development in the relationship between the grandfather, Patrick, and Eli, Aisha and Ryan's son steals the show. The fishing scene 'catching choona' is superb and I fe
1-Click Addict Support Group
I have to be honest and let you know that I had a really hard time getting into this book. I almost gave up around 25%, but I am really glad I didn’t. The story itself was very good; it was just very confusing at times being written in three different points-of-view as well as past and present.

This is a story of finding your soul mate.

But then being given a huge challenge of
Jody
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! Great story, great characters ( I loved them all even the rotten ones), great drama, great family story, great romance, great suspense, great everything. A MUST READ. Another great Aussie writer to add to the list. I read the author's other book 'Losing Kate' and I thought it was wonderful. 'Missing You' is even better, it is unputdownable!
Deb Bodinnar
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Books that jump from one character to another usually annoy me, but this one didn't! The story of a missing Mum, an autistic little boy, a grumpy Grandpa, twin brothers who both love in different ways, twists and turns it's way through pages you need to keep turning! On the look out for more from this Author.
Sharryn
Well I broke a rule of mine when I bought this ebook as I'd set a maximum price that I would pay for ebooks. Well I am so glad that I broke my rule. I loved Kylie's first book, Losing Kate, and knew that I had to read this one too. I was not disappointed.

I love a good mystery and this book does not disappoint. It will keep you guessing to the end.

Another brilliant book from Kylie.
Jean Mole
Apr 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved Missing You. An interesting blend of the lives of three generations with a peek into the complexities of sibling rivalry.
A Reader's Heaven
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it

When Aisha met Ryan she fell hard for his good looks and easy charm. Why worry that he didn't want children or a 9 to 5 job? Nothing and no one would come between them.But with the birth of their high-needs son, Eli, their extraordinary love is shackled into an ordinary life, their passion blunted by responsibility. Until Ryan can't take it anymore. Then, following a mysterious phone call late one night,/>When
Janine
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
First book I have read by this author - I was lucky enough to receive a copy from Tess Woods from a competition. Very good story - about Ryan and Aisha who are married with a little boy. One day Aisha doesn't come home and Ryan has disappeared, so Aisha's elderly father takes on Eli until his parents are found.

This book had a really great build up in the story - you hear about all their lives. There is Aisha, Ryan and his twin Luke, Patrick (Aisha's dad) and her sister Pip. All is no
Heidi
3.5. When Aisha meets Ryan at university, the attraction is instant. Despite their unbridled passion for each other, their differences become obvious early in their relationship – Ryan is much older than Aisha, values his freedom and does not want to become trapped by children, mortgages and a nine-to-five job. Whereas Aisha, whose mother left when she was a child, yearns for babies, a stable family life and a home to call her own. Young and in love they are willing to compromise, and soon they are ...more
Simone
Mar 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aww-2015
When Patrick's daughter Aisha leaves her son Eli in his care one night, he is reluctant to babysit. Eli is on the autism spectrum and craves a rigid routine with no variation and as much as Patrick loves his grandchild he is of the old-school view that his "issues" can be solved with some more discipline. When morning comes and there is still no sign of Aisha Patrick is beside himself. Unable to cope with Eli's meltdowns, he is also desperately worried about his daughter who he knows would never ...more
Rita
Sep 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Missing You is the second novel from Kaden and I enjoyed it very much. This book was very intriguing and kept me on edge the whole time I was reading it. This story explores about love, family dynamics and the difficulties in parenting, especially for a child with special needs.

When Aisha and Ryan met after a party, it was love at first sight. Both of them were very different people and they wanted different things. Somehow, they manage to fall in love and stayed together. Ryan never
Michelle
This is the story told in the voice of three characters - Aisha, Ryan and Patrick, Aisha's Dad. It tells the story of the couple Aisha and Ryan and their relationship as it grows from a young passionate romance to being married and parents for a child with high needs.

When both Aisha and Ryan go missing and leave their son in the care of their grandfather Patrick, the story unfolds chapter by chapter from the start of their relationship to where they are today, and leads you on this f
Tiffany
Mar 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Reviewed on Behalf of Give Me Books

I have to be honest and let you know that I had a really hard time getting into this book. I almost gave up around 25%, but I am really glad I didn’t. The story itself was very good. It was just very confusing at times being written in 3 different point-of-views as well as past and present.

This is a story of finding your soul mate. “Aish.” His voice was tight with frustration, with fear. “I never want you to go. That’s the fucking problem.” But then being g
marlin1
Feb 16, 2015 rated it really liked it
Aisha and Ryan want different things in life, Aisha wanted stability and a family, Ryan wanted freedom to surf and travel the world but they both agreed that they couldn't live without each other. Five years down the track of marriage and the birth of their autistic spectrum child Eli, cracks are starting to appear.
After a disagreement Ryan has walked out and Aisha who is staying at her father's (Patrick) with Eli for a few days, doesn't return from a sudden late night appointment.
Sallyann Van leeuwen
I found this to be quite a page turner, in a Caroline Overington kind of way. Told from three different points of view, this story reveals the relationship of Aisha and Ryan, and how it changes from just the two of them, to a family of three. Interspersed with Aisha's dad's POV, we see their relationship, not only from inside it, but from a fatherly perspective. When both Aisha and Ryan go missing and blood is found in Aisha's car, questions start being asked. Have they simply slipped away to ha ...more
Tania Joyce
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great suspense. Thought provoking. Intriguing. The list could go one. This story about Aisha that leaves home in the middle of the night and doesn’t come home will keep you turning the pages to find out “who done it”.

I loved the way this author weaved different time periods leading up to the event of Aisha’s disappearance with the different character’s points of view. It is clever and easy to follow.
There were a few elements that didn’t add up in the end and the villain gets of
Keisha
Mar 26, 2015 rated it liked it
*reviewed on behalf of give me books*

There were times when I just wanted to call it quits with this story. But because it technically did have my attention, just not all of it, that I continued on. I did complete this story, and while it did feel jumpy -like all over the place- I actually did enjoy this story.

It is still a three star for me, but I really enjoyed the mystery behind Aisha's disappearance.

Missing You is about that couple that after they've been together for soo long t
Jessica Lourigan
Justice? 1 5 Apr 08, 2015 04:39PM

• Can You Keep a Secret?
  • The Family Upstairs
  • In the Blood
  • The Scholar (Cormac Reilly, #2)
  • The Other Couple
  • My Name is Anna
  • Say Nothing
  • The Pretty Girl Killer
  • New York 2140
  • The Eye of the Sheep
  • The Gates of Evangeline  (Charlie Cates, #1)
  • The Forbidden Place
  • You Don't Own Me (Under Suspicion, #6)
  • Identical Strangers: A Memoir of Twins Separated and Reunited
  • Paranoid
  • My Mother, the Psychopath: Growing Up In The Shadow Of A Monster
  • Fight Like A Girl
  • In the Midst of Winter
Hi there, and thanks for taking the time to pop by.

Writing is an isolated occupation, so feel free to drop me a line!

Okay, writers make the stuff up, but the stories only come to life when they get let out into the real world. It is the readers that breathe life into characters, and the readers who I hope to connect with. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

find me at: contact@