Start by marking “His Only Wife (The Compound, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
His Only Wife (The Compound, #1.5)

His Only Wife

(The Compound #1.5)

I didn’t think I’d ever want to devote my life to someone. That is, until Brin.

I was twenty-six years old the day she entered my life, just when I’d given up hope, just when I’d given up completely on having any shred of happiness in my pathetic excuse for a life. After years of indecision, self destruction and soul-searching, she found me.

Brinley challenged everything I
Published March 29th 2015 (first published March 28th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about His Only Wife, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Only Wife

Christy
Jan 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

His Only Wife is a beautiful and sweet extended epilogue to Brin and Porter’s story.

This novella takes place about three years after Wife Number Seven ends. Brin is out of the compound completely. Porter is trying to clean up his life and stay clean. Brin and Porter are in love and happy, but they still have obstacles to overcome. Their past isn’t an easy one and getting through those things takes time, love and patience.

photo eaab7d7e-f2d3-4a7e-9d91-9ab7a05a6fc0_zpsss11volk.jpg

Brin and Porter want each other. They love each other. And most i
Jennifer Kyle
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
3.5 Stars

description

Melissa Brown gifts readers with a glimpse into Porter and Brin’s future in this novella. I found the story to be perfect for this couple. The drama was kept low which was a total plus for me. I also enjoyed the characters catching us up to all that has happened since the last book, such as Brin’s adjustments to the world outside of the compound, Porter’s struggles with drug use and they love the found with one another.

Overall, a sweet read that will leave fans smiling while anxious
Lady Vigilante (Feifei)
4 stars!

description

What a sweet and satisfying conclusion to Brin and Porter’s story! Wife Number Seven was one of the most unique and eye-opening romances I’ve read and I’m so glad the author decided to write this short novella giving us just a little bit more of this wonderful couple.

This story takes place three years after the events of Wife Number Seven. Brin and Porter are now together and out of the compound. Occasionally, Porter’s addiction threatens to resurface and Brin’s insecurities and newness
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
IT'S LIVE ➜ http://amzn.to/1xKIzI0

5 SWEET STARS <3

description

Such a beautiful and sweet novella!!I think if it’s possible this series just keeps getting better!!Now I can't wait for Aspen's story!It was nice seeing that Porter and Brinley are together and still strangle with their lives together.

In this novella you can see that both characters has grown and changed. As for me, the previous book was one of my favorites it was nice to see how things are now after three years where the previous left us!
I
Christine Wallflower & Dark Romance Junkie

It's amazing that you can live somewhere for twenty-two years and never feel like you fit in, like you're home. That night in his truck, I'd known I was finally home. Porter was the home I'd dreamed about for years.

First of all if you're reading this review but you haven't read Wife Number Seven by Melissa Brown, then stop before I ruin an amazing book for you. I read Wife Number Seven last year and quite frankly it was unlike any book I'd ever read. Brinkley's story pulled me in from the get
Didi
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, romance
*** YOU MUST READ 'WIFE NUMBER SEVEN' BEFORE READING THIS NOVELLA ***

Wife Number Seven was one of my favourite books in 2014. It was different, atmospheric and laced with a silent alarm throughout its pages. I loved it and loved how it had me hooked from the first paragraph. This was a great way to get re-acquainted with Brinley and Porter once again. I loved these two and felt this was like an extended and very sweet epilogue.
It's been three years since Brin and Porter met, three years since Br
Beverly
Mar 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I always knew I would fall in love.

Wife Number Seven is one of my favorites, I loved the story of Porter and Brinley. Two people lost between the what they were taught and what they know in their hearts is right. I felt like their story was perfect, but to get this extended epilogue is icing on the cake.

This epilogue picks up three years later. Brin and Porter are living together in the home he built. Their lives are on track and everything has fallen into place, but Porter wants more.

My f
Hanne
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-adult
I immediately started this novella after reading Wife Number Seven. It’s an amazing addition to the series. I loved that the author decided to write more about Brinley and Porter, because I loved them. Also, what I wanted to read in the epilogue of Wife Number Seven, I got to read in this novella. Brinley is sweet, caring, genuine and loving. She’s loving her life with Porter. She loves discovering new things and Porter loves to show them to her. Porter loves the life he’s having with Brinley an ...more
Kirsten
Feb 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
It's been a long time since I've read about Brinley and Porter, and I loved getting to revisit them.
They are such a sweet couple.
If you haven't read Wife Number Seven, I'd highly recommend.
This is just a novella catching up on the pair.
Looking forward to more in this series!
Polly
Mar 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, top-fav, emo, shawty
Perfect short story to give us a peek at one of my most rememberable couples!
elicerea
Beautiful!
Lisa
*ARC Given to Blog for Honest Review*

3.5 “I always knew I would fall in love.” Kisses

I loved Wife Number Seven …every part of Brinley and Porter’s story just enchanted me in all the right ways and I adored these two characters to pieces, especially the way they felt about each other. I was happy with the way WNS ended…but I’m not going to say that I wasn’t über excited that I was getting more of them with His Only Wife. Any time I can get more from characters I love, I will gladly take it…and
Christine (Shh Moms Reading)
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved this novella following the story of Brinley and Porter from Wife Number Seven. Just the title alone "His Only Wife" - cherished, adored and loved - this is the way that life should be for Brinley and Porter after finding love for each other away from the life that they grew up in; a life that included multiple wives, multiple children and sharing the same husband - the only way of life as they knew of in a polygamist community.

Will Brin ever be able to separate from being the se
Katherine
”Till death do us part.
Just us.
My only wife.”

So What’s This Book About?:Brin and Porter are finally settling down into a somewhat normal life, free at last from the Compound. Everything’s (mostly) rainbows, puppies, and kittens, with Brin and Porter stronger. So strong, in fact, that you can practically hear the wedding bells ringing. But can Porter ever feel like he is worthy of Brin? And can Brin put the old memories of her life inside the compound to rest?

So Who’s In It?:
”She challenged e
Chelsea
Apr 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 The perfect ending for Porter and Brin Stars!!!

This book continues the story of Porter and Brin's life after she got out of the compound.

It was only a novella but I'm glad that the author was able to incorporate good character development. To be honest, the main plot of the story was pretty simple, but what I loved the most was Porter's journey from being an addict to being clean. I loved that it gives us a glimpse that their love story didn't just easily end up happily ever after but tha
Rossy
Aug 16, 2015 added it
Conclusion to "Wife Number Seven" and Porter and Brin's love story.
It was a short book, wrapping the story up, but I felt it was too lovey-dovey IMO.
Red Cheeks Reads
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
“And now, three years later, I’ve never wanted anything more than I want her as my wife. Till death do us part. Just us. My only wife.”

His Only Wife is a romantic and charming novella that allows us a glimpse into Brin and Porter’s life three years after Wife Number Seven Ended. The entire store is short and can easily be read in one sitting and while overall you will be left feeling giddy and happy for them, there is also plenty of emotion and a dash of drama mixed in too.

“Guys like me didn’
Three Chicks
Apr 02, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
Review by Jen Skewes

His Only Wife is the follow up novella to Wife Number Seven, which I loved. I could not wait for more of Porter and Brinley. I loved their story so much and wanted to see how they were both coping with their new relationship and life outside of the compound. This novella was a sweet and enjoyable read and a wonderful conclusion to their story.

Porter and Brinley both grew up in the same world. A world that included many wives, mothers, and siblings. It was all that th
1-Click Addict Support Group
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
I loved Wife Number Seven, so I was excited when I found out that Brinley and Porter were getting another book. This book is a novella so it's pretty short, but it had a good story line. The story starts three years later and over that time both characters have grown as people and as a couple, but Porter still struggles with his drug addiction and Brinley with being in the outside world.

I really felt for these characters because of what they had gone through. When they left the compound, they w
Sharon L
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
sweet, cheesy and totally worth it :)
K3
Mar 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
My 4.5 star review for His Only Wife by Melissa Brown
After reading Wife Number Seven, I was happy to see Brin get her HEA with Porter; She almost paid the ultimate price for her freedom, her life but clearly she was destined for her happiness with the love of her life, Porter. Her life was now her own. I always wondered did they end up happy? Has she acclimated to life outside the compound? Did they get married? Do they have kids? Was Porter able to kick his drug habit?
A few years later Porter
Jen
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am so happy I got to read this novella. Often I find myself wondering what happened to the characters I fell in love with when the story ends. Today I got that from Melissa Brown. Thank you for this little gem Melissa. My heart is overflowing with happiness at the way Porter and Brinley’s story concluded. I loved seeing Porter and Brinley still struggling with their new life, yet doing it together. I smiled so much at the way Porter grew and Brin overcame her insecurities. A perfect ending to ...more
Dawn
Feb 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-quick-read
Beautiful snapshot into Brinley and Porter’s lives 3 years later.

We get to see how Brinley is adjusting to life post-compound, as well as how Brinley and Porter’s relationship is developing. Although, Porter has had his own setback; he has pulled through and is devoted to establishing a life him and Brinley.

This has been another wonderful read!!!!
Patricia
Oct 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Absolutely loved getting more from Brinley and Porter. It was great to see how they were adjusting to life outside the compound and dealing with their demons and vices. This gave closure to their story and I am excited to dive into the next installment in the series.
Leslie
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
The perfect ending for Porter and Brin
Jackie White
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-faves
Enjoyed this one, Melissa Brown's writing is flawless.
Miranda Elaine
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sweet conclusion to Porter and Brinn's story! Review at Red Cheeks Reads
ItaPixie
Mar 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

This is the right ending for this special couple.
Thanks to Melissa Brown for this most appreciated long epilogue.

Candy
Feb 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ahh! From the moment I finished Wife Number Seven by Melissa Brown, I have wanted nothing but more, more, and more! Brin and Porter were two characters that have burrowed their way under my skin and while their ending was satisfactory, His Only Wife made it perfect.

“And now, three years later, I’ve never wanted anything more than I want her as my wife.”

There is something about the polygamist culture that absolutely fascinates me, these characters and their unique circumstances have been on my
  • Miami Hush Club: Episode 3 (Miami Hush Club, #3)
  • Fiona
  • A Conall Christmas (Morna's Legacy, #2.5)
  • Cease and Desist (The IMA, #4)
  • From His Lips (53 Letters for My Lover, #1.5)
  • Handful of Tears
  • Hijacked (The Appalachian Foothills #1)
  • Of Purest Blood (The McKinnon Legends, #4)
  • My Desperate Highlander: Micheil and Diana (Clan Grant Series Book 6)
  • Portland Storm: The Second Period
  • Yellowstone Deception (Yellowstone Romance, #5)
  • Beyond the Orange Moon (Mathews Family, #2)
  • Barbara's War
  • Blind Servitude
  • The Pocket Watch (The Pocket Watch Chronicles #1)
  • My Highland Bride (Highland Hearts, #2)
  • Stormswept
  • Leave it for the Rain (Grayson Brothers, #6)
I have always been fascinated with books----ever since I was a little girl sitting in front of my record player, following along with my huge 12x12 storybooks.

I love books---everything about them. I love reading them, being surrounded by them in bookstores and libraries, and most recently, writing some of my own.

Currently all of my books are available exclusively through Amazon.com and are part of

The Compound (5 books)
  • Wife Number Seven (The Compound, #1)
  • Mother Before Wife (The Compound, #2)
  • Just Keep Sweet (The Compound, #3)
  • Prophet Takes All (The Compound, #4)