Start by marking “Soul Stealer (The Anomaly #3)” as Want to Read:
Soul Stealer (The Anomaly #3)

Soul Stealer

(The Anomaly #3)

She just wants her life back. After being kidnapped and forced to kill by a vicious crime lord, Cate Hartmann is now a killer with an addiction to stealing souls. On the island sanctuary of Haven, surrounded by other anomalies with secret abilities, she fights to recover. But only one man calms the dark storm inside and makes her believe she can be whole again…Dr. Gage Wal ...more
Published February 1st 2013

To ask other readers questions about Soul Stealer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul Stealer

AvidReader
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
New series with new concepts. Enjoyed this and looking forward to read more from this series.
Recommended.
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 3-3.5 Hearts! :)
Eleni Konstantine
Cate is in hell - as a soul stealer she was experimented on and forced to kill. And she’s riddled with guilt as she liked it. The one person who soothes her is Gage, doctor and scientist. He has his own actions to redeem for so understands Cate and doesn’t judge.

A story showing that the road to redemption is not easy and that forgiveness is hardest for one’s self. This story looks at this and the inner strength it takes to continue with the future despite the past.

Characters from books 1 &
Kelly
Apr 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Cate's had a rough couple of months. Kidnapped and forced to use her talent to kill people in really horrific ways, she's now on the mend. Sort of. She's fighting off her need to kill. She's in a bad place, but she's getting better. She's in the "I don't deserve to live after what I've done" headspace and she doesn't trust herself around Gage or anyone else.

Then things get worse. Because being forced to defend herself the only way she knows how takes her backwards a few steps. Good thing Gage is
sharon e hochstetler
Pretty good

I really like Gage. He is very smart. He carries a lot of guilt. Not all of it is on him though. Cats is struggling with her guilt. She is worried she will hurt an Innocent. It is really horrible to hear of the torture she endured. Gage gives Cate a reason to hope. A very good story. A really scary talent.
Littleneytron
Jul 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first novel with a picture of a shirtless guy on the front cover that I've read, so I wasn't sure what to expect. The plot was simple but interesting with a surprising ending. I didn't care much for the male love interest and read this mainly because of the female main character. I took off one star because I felt like the first few pages gave the impression that the novel would be much darker than it actually was - and that disappointed me a little.
Meleeta Morris
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Each anomaly book is better.

So Cal's scientist friend gets his own story and we learn just a bit more about the enigmatic leader and his world
Nina
Feb 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love reading novellas & there’s no doubt that Anna Hackett excels at writing them.

Soul Stealer is the third and final installment of the Anomaly Trilogy. Although, I believe Soul Stealer can be read on its own & still make sense, I strongly recommend reading the others in the series (Time Thief & Mind Raider) because the reader is visited by previous characters and because the Anomaly Trilogy is just simply a fantastic series.

This third installment revolves around Gage and Cate. Be
Pam
Cate Hartmann wants her to get her old life back after being kidnapped by a crime lord. That is impossible because during her capture she was made to kill people with her ability to steal souls. Now she is addicted to it and just wants to give up. She is on an island sanctuary called Haven for people with special abilities. Even tho she is attracted to Dr. Gage Walker she still doesn't trust herself around other. Gage spends his life helping people like Cate because it is what he loves and becau ...more
MsRomanticReads
Rating: 3.5 out of 5

Full Series Review w/Final Thoughts of all four books on MsRomanticReads.com.

The suspense and the advancement of the plot was raised several notches in Soul Stealer.

This heroine was different from Bay and Mara in that her parents hadn’t kicked her to the curb, nor had she been fighting to stay one step ahead of Leven for years. The once genteel school teacher had been turned into a killer, and to her horror, she’d enjoyed the feeling. Thanks to the group at Haven, she was be
Desere
Jan 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am sure everyone out that has heard about woman being kidnapped and forced to do terrible thins, but take a moment to and try to step into the shoes of those woman. Alone, away from everything you know and love and being forced to do the most unspeakable of things, and worse there is no way out!

In Soul Stealer by the incredibly talented Anna Hackett I got to see not only the world behind that kind of situation, I got to see the paranormal side of it. Yes, you read it right, the paranormal side
Lee
Sep 29, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sfr
Cate Hartmann has been rescued from a crime lord who used her to kill people, but the act is addictive and she’s scared she might steal another’s soul. Doctor Gage Walker is determined to help her recover and join the rest of the world, but are his personal feelings getting in the way of his professional expertise? Both characters are carrying around a bunch of guilt they have to deal with, and the crime lord is still after Cate for nefarious reasons.
Time Thief and Mind Raider give context to m
Book Gannet
3.5 stars. So far in this series the main protagonists have been as much hunters as hunted, fighting back against the bad guys who want to kidnap Anomalies and use them for evil deeds. This one is a little different. Partly because it’s set on Haven, the paradise island where anomalies live in secret, but mostly because of Cate and Gage.

Cate was a nice teacher of young children until she was stolen away and forced to use her anomaly powers. All her life she’s resisted them because she’s a Soul S
Vinita Hayes
Jul 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cate is on the sanctuary island of Haven founded by Callahan for anomalies who want to be free from being hunted and used for their special abilities. She's going thru detox cause she's been forced to use her soul stealing talents excessively that she's become addicted to the high so to speak. Dr. Ellie n Dr Gage are tasked with dealing with the aftermath of them to bring some semblance of order to their lives out of the chaos. This story not only has paranormal romance but gives u an insight of ...more
Nikki Brooks
Dec 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: anna-hackett
Cate, a soul stealer, is in a detox programme at the Haven. Now she has been rescued from Leven she has to try to break the addiction he gave to her of stripping people of their souls.

Gage is one of the doctors on the island and trying to help Cate get back the person she once was, the one who taught small children and didn't steal souls for a criminal mastermind. But he has his own shameful past with experimenting on anomaly's and also feels a burning attraction to Cate.

Will they uncover Leven
Dora
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Anomaly series and the story is unraveling.
Cate was rescued but still she was dealing with her addiction to her soul stealer power. Dr. Gage Walker was the one designed to help her overcome the harm that Leven did to her. But he felt attracted to Cate and was struggling between his attraction and the knowledge that she was very dangerous to they all. Cate almost succumb to the guilt that was destroying her but with the help of Gage, who was dealing with his own demo
Chera
Dec 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Soul Stealer is the third book of the Anomaly Series. Cate Hartman is recovering and trying to come to grips with her Anomaly. Once a teacher she can’t trust herself to not hurt those around her. Gabe Walker is the Haven’s doctor and a scientist that at one time worked for the CIA to enhance and create Anomaly for the governments use. He and Callahan now work to reverse the effects of the Anomaly gene and give those with the gene a place to live in safety and peace. But Gabe Leven isn’t giving u ...more
Jannie Cv
Dec 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cate is a soul stealer, someone able to kill people through touch and will. Scary, right? Imagine how she feels when she realizes she 'enjoys' it, and knows she can no longer function as the decent person she used to be. She needs fixing. Can it be done? Gage is a doctor / scientist with his own secret history. He's attracted to Cate. Will he be able to heal Cate's emotional damage? They're meant for each other; he cannot give up!
These books could be read as satisfying 'stand-alones' but each st
Lisa
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Cate and Gage will steal your hearts. This is #3 in the Anomaly Series. You can read it as a standalone, but you will get a much better picture if you read the series in order.
These novellas are all about Action, Romance and Passion. With a touch of Paranormal thrown in.
I highly recommend this book as well as the series.

I was given a copy of this book by the author. I was not compensated in any way. Just an honest review. They're GREAT!
Michelle
This was an enjoyable read that is different than my normal reads that have bloodsuckers. :)

I may give the author another chance by reading additional work. Hopefully, she has some full-length novels because I'm not normally a fan of short stories.

You should read the first two stories in the trilogy before reading this one.
Jenny Schwartz
Sometimes redemption is easy, dare I say, too easy? for characters. Soul Stealer shows the pain and the strength to recover and build your life. The paranormal elements add excitement and are fascinating, but the heart of the story is two hurting people reaching out for love, trusting in it.
Tammy
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book was really good. Out of the 3 I have read, I think this one is the best. I wasn't expecting the ending, but it works. I can't wait until the next one..

I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
Angela
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Magical Redemption
  • Secrets in Time
  • Never Surrender
  • Dark Child (the Awakening): Episode 1 (Dark Child, #1.1)
  • Nothing to Fear (Blackbridge, #1)
  • Table For Eight
  • The House on Burra Burra Lane (Swallows Fall #1)
  • Dead, Actually
  • Lifer
  • Shifting Hearts (Wiccan Haus, #1)
  • His Until Midnight
  • Last Request (Soul Screamers #7.5)
  • Lost Cause (Daisy Dunlop Mystery, #1)
  • This Is Your Afterlife
  • The Golden Apple (The Dark Forest, #1)
  • Free Fall (Retrievers, #5)
  • The Recruit (The Morcai Battalion, #2)
  • Starling (South Landers, #1)
I’m Anna and I’m a USA Today bestselling author who’s passionate about action romance. I love stories that combine the thrill of falling in love with the excitement of action, danger and adventure. I write about people overcoming unbeatable odds and achieving seemingly impossible goals. I like to believe it’s possible for all of us to do the same.

My parents are to blame for my insatiable need to m

The Anomaly (4 books)
  • Time Thief (The Anomaly #1)
  • Mind Raider (The Anomaly #2)
  • Salvation (The Anomaly #4)