Start by marking “A Whisper of Eternity” as Want to Read:
A Whisper of Eternity

A Whisper of Eternity

(Vampire Romances #8)

In Amanda Ashley's compelling, lushly sensual novels, vampires exist alongside humans—but their desires are not relegated to the shadows. Now, a timeless passion is shattered by dangerous immortal ambition—unless an eternal kiss can hold back the darkness of true death...

He Will Not Lose Her Again

When artist Tracy Warner purchases the rambling seaside house built above Dom
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published February 1st 2004 by Zebra (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about A Whisper of Eternity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Whisper of Eternity

Adelheid
Oct 08, 2008 rated it it was ok
Feb 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I didn't have any expectations when I started this book. It was just something my husband randomly picked up for me. Now that I'm finished, I just want to dive back in and read it again. The love story was beautiful. The flashbacks to her past lives and his search for her was wonderful. I loved it.
Kelley
Mar 31, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This was the first Amanda Ashley book I read. I've been hooked ever since. She is one of my top five paranormal authors. I know if she is the author I will not be disappointed.
 ♥♥Mari♥♥
Feb 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who is a romantic at heart!
Recommended to ♥♥Mari♥♥ by: I was already familiar with Amanda's work.
This novel is enchantingly romantic, as are all of Ashley’s books. In no time at all, the reader is pulled into the story, gliding through the author’s beautifully detailed dream…

The book’s cover hauntingly depicts the general tone of the novel; we see a house on a cliff, with the sea nearby, while the young female protagonist quietly stares at the scene. This presents a definitely Gothic, romantic, scenario. The very first two sentences in the book bear this out: “Nightingale House perched near
A.S. Johnson
Feb 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who loves vampire romance
Recommended to A.S. by: I'm a fan
A Whisper of Eternity, another wonderful vampire novel by Amanda Ashley.
Tracy Warner, buys a home near the ocean and slowly discovers her new romantic interest, Dominic St. John a sultry and sexy vampire, have been down this journey of love, adventure, and desire more than once only to end in sorrow, but maybe not this time.
No, I'm not going to give away the plot, you'll have to read it yourself and enjoy the journey this time around.
A good variety of characters, events, and plot are quite good!
Danyelle
one of my top 10 fav books
Renee
May 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: vampire, romance
Kuljit
Jun 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Great book to read if you have some down time. The story went fast and was pretty entertaining. One thing I didn't go for was the stereotypical vampire lore. I was hoping the author would have a different interpretation or at least add to all that's been written about vampires. That kind of made the book a little boring. However, the characters were great and it was a joy to read.
Salma Salama
Oct 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This novel is so awesome.
I fell in love with vampires :)

I like Amanda's way in reflecting the image and her detailed desciptive way.
Beth
Mar 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Delightfully entertaining. A love story that travels across the bonds of time.
Wlfgrl
Oct 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
just a great story love dominic hes every vampire a girl could want except the control issues
Shawn
Apr 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I loved the creative use of paintings in the book...finally Dominic could "see" himself again. I liked the reincarnation aspect, a bit different. Personally, if I watched myself die over and over, I would have gladly turned vampire. Dom loved her so much each reincarnation...such heartache he experienced each time. A term of endearment is nice...but disliked the use of "best beloved one" × 50?!?! Love triangles=Hate.
Mich English
Meh

I didn't love it but didn't hate it enough to stop reading. Liked the idea but I wanted so much more. And I swear they had some really well oiled door hinges in this town, except her front door apparently that one time.
Paige
Jun 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: i-own, 2012-books
I truly enjoyed reading A WHISPER OF ETERNITY. Dominic St. John has been a vampire for over 2,000 years and once he met ‘Tracy Warner’ he spent those years searching and finding her, after watching her die in his arms, in which ever life she was living. Reincarnation has kept them apart, but when current life Tracy finds him, he’s not going to lose her again.

I don’t have a bone to pick either way with the idea of reincarnation, so for me, this was a great love story about a man who never gave u
Marianne
Oct 14, 2010 rated it liked it
A story about a man looking for his soulmate over the centuries is never a bad thing and this was a good story. The premise is simple, an artist moves into an old house and meets a man on the beach. What she doesn't know is that this man is a vampire and she's already lived many lives with him, each time with a tragic ending where she has died in his arms after refusing to allow him to turn her into a vampire.

It's amazing the similarities that I got with Twilight at times even though the storyli
Gina
Mar 11, 2008 rated it liked it
I cannot recall ever reading an Amanda Ashley novel before, but it wasn't a bad book!

More of a contemporary romance/preternatual/paranormal kind of deal. There wasn't much to the plot, but the story was good. I thought Tracy was a wonderful character; strong, independent, doing what she wants to do. The way she falls for Dominic, without wanting to; understanding things she didn't want to know about - that didn't exist - it was great to see what her mind thought.

Dominic is a vampire, one who str
Jennifer Sharum
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i absolutely love this book. it is my favorite vampire romance novel. i first read it about 14 years ago so yes around when it came out, and i still read it once a year just because. in fact i recently bought a new copy since mine was rather worn and then i lent it to my sister and her dog ate the cover... so happy to have a nice neat new copy
Jen.
I'm still on the fence about this book. I liked it and yet...I didn't like it. I usually give a book 100 pages to see if I want to keep reading -unless it's absolutely horrible, which this book wasn't. At 100 pages I was still somewhat intrigued and decided that I'd finish the book. No regrets over that, it's a cute story. Not something that I would want to read again. It was too formulaic for me.

The entire relationship between Tracy and Dominic seemed to be on fast forward. It didn't seem beli
Amanda Hamilton
Sep 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: girl-stuff
MEH. I just found this book just kind of generic. Its like somebody had a Make Your Own Vampire Romance kit and barely filled it out.

That's not entirely fair. There are some elements that I hadn't seen before: past lives, Dominic turning into mist (admittedly pretty cool) and some...third thing. The biggest problem I had was there weren't anything noteworthy about it. It was competently written for a book directed to teenagers. Actually at times it made me feel like I was a "Sweet Valley" or "B
Djina
May 27, 2013 rated it liked it
Tracy is a painter who just bought a house giving view on a beautiful beach. One day along a walk, she meets Dominic. He's a vampire who's been long waiting for her return; searching for her soul through century but always denying the Dark Gift. He won't wait any longer for her soul to be reborn again in another life. She'll meet a man named Bryan. When she decide to defy him, he takes some steps to bring her back to him, at all cost.

This book is a romance between a vampire and a mortal which he
Dark-Draco
Apr 02, 2013 added it
Shelves: vampires
I quite liked this! Ok, it's not the most riveting book I have ever read, but I kept the pages turning, finishing it in a couple of days. I think that whether you bought into Dominic loving Tracey through the centuries depends on whether you believe in true soul mates or not. I had no trouble buying into that! I did cringe when it was revealed who Bryan really was - clumsy, silly and really not necessary to the plot. But all in all, a good read and I'll definitely be tracking down more by this a ...more
J.W. Ellis
May 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: vampires
this should have been a great book. I adore vampire books. i adore yearning through the lifetimes (Hell I am obsessed with Feehan's Dark Series on those two qualifiers alone). Plus through in a sexy broody vampire.

But this one was just I dont know... the lead female was wishy washy at best, though the flashbacks of her were better.

the "human" 3rd party offered no real competition.

Kitana and Petrina made for interesting villians, well Petrina was a villian, kitana almost seemed bored.
Lacy♪ ♫Movements of a Demigod ♪ ♫
While I really enjoyed the romance and storyline of this book, it just really didn't stand out. I felt that the reincarnation idea in the story was great and something that isn't seen very often, but the vampires were generic. The love and devotion that Dominic had for Tracy throughout her lives was extremely romantic. The most annoying part of this whole story was that you were made to believe that there is going to be a big fight that never really happens and remind you of Twilight which I rea ...more
Kelly
Dec 29, 2007 rated it it was ok
The first two-thirds of the story were hard to wade through and if I read the word "preternatural" one more time I thought I would scream. The last third improved and I zipped right through it. Tracy's indecision , Dominic's controlling and Bryan's whining all managed to annoy and irritate me. I don't think I'll be rushing out for more of Ashley's books.
Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫
I read several reviews where ladies said "She should be so mad at Dominic," "Oh, I'd be so upset with Dominic"....I think he did the right thing! He would have been caught in that same vicious cycle forever and Tracy was just perfect for him. This was a good read that I really enjoyed. I could have used a little more steam and a little more conflict between Tracy and Dom in the beginning but overall I felt the back story was plenty interesting. I also wouldn't mind a sequel! ;)
Raina
Aug 07, 2009 rated it did not like it
This read like a novel about Stockholm Syndrome and then at the end it finished off with all loose ends tied up in a neat little bow. I didn't even care what happened with the characters I was just too annoyed by them. I'm still annoyed I bothered reading it but her other books were just so good. I don't know how she went so wrong with this one.
Syazwani Sajari
Nov 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-book
I watched twilight series after I've read this e-book. It is like the vampire in this book has been illustrated in the twilight movie. But just in a different way. So, I guess it is typical of vampire with their passionate love? But then, I wonder is real man, I mean REAL man with the same passion towards their lover like vampire ever exist? now?
Haylie
Oct 04, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampire-books
pretty good kinda confusing at first but it picked up.*SPOILERS* grr...i got really mad at her b/c she was so stubborn about becoming a vampire and Dominic almost destoryed himself b/c he thought she didn't love him enough to become a vampire when she was dying! Made me mad!!! Good thing it was a happy ending and she became a vampire!!! yay! happily ever after!
Jaime Atkins
Mar 27, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2010
I've read a lot of vampire/paranormal romance novels. This was entirely too cliche and silly for me. There is just way too many in the genre that are better written and plotted for me to give this more than a two star rating.
Carrie Felton
Nov 21, 2012 rated it liked it
this story was very stereo typical and not very exciting. the characters and plot line and conflict are all very similar to another Amanda Ashley book I read recently. reading it once is okay but reading it multiple times gets very old very fast.

• Reincarnated Hunger (Ra's Chosen, #5)
  • In The Heat of the Night (Heat, #2)
  • A Taste of Darkness (Mackenzie Vampires #3)
  • Prince of Twilight (Wings in the Night #12)
  • Lucien's Delight (Dalakis Passion, #2)
  • Master of Darkness (Primes, #4)
  • A Vampire's Salvation (Beyond Human Novellas, #1)
  • Paradox
  • To Love A Vampire (Vampire Guardians #2)
  • After Midnight (Cabot, #1)
  • His Immortal Embrace
  • Reckless Embrace (Reckless #4)
  • Ceremony of Seduction (Seduction, #1)

Vampire Romances (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Embrace the Night
  • Deeper Than the Night
  • Sunlight Moonlight
  • A Darker Dream
  • Shades of Gray (Vampire Trilogy, #1)
  • Midnight Embrace
  • After Sundown (Vampire Trilogy, #2)
  • Night's Kiss (Children of The Night, #1)
  • Desire After Dark (Vampire Trilogy, #3)
  • Dead Sexy