Start by marking “Macabre Magic (Hearts, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Macabre Magic (Hearts, #1.5)

Macabre Magic

(Hearts #1.5)

Included in Shiver: 13 Sexy Tales of Humor and Horror.

When you’re married to an illusionist, you never know what surprise is around the corner.

Matilda believes she doesn’t scare easily. Horror films make her laugh rather than jump in terror. Jay begs to differ. With just the right magic trick, he thinks he can give his wife a scare for Halloween, so the two make a bet. Wil
Published October 13th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Macabre Magic, please sign up.

Lisa *-* GiViNg It To YoU * LoCk StOcK & TwO SmOkiNg BaRrELs
****4 Magic Stars****

Ohhhh just had time for a quickie....

How could I not have one more time with the handsome and charming Jay when he surprises his wife Matilda, for some Halloween Fun!!

I'm a huge L.H. Cosway fan and as always, she pulled another great little read out of that hat of her's.....TOTALLY MAGIC!!
Vrsha (PeekAtMyBookReview)
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
5 'Magical' Stars

description

If this author decided to write 100 more books on Jay...I'm going to read ALL OF THEM.

This was a short and sweet read. I enjoyed reading about the newly wedded couple giddy in love and starving for each other. It Halloween and Jay decided to get her lovely Wife scared...Find out what Jay came up with ;)

description description description description

Dali
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In Macabre Magic, Matilda challenges her smart, handsome and charming husband to try his best to scare her, because she believes it’s a close to impossible to task. Can he succeed and win the bet they’ve made? Will Matilda’s immunity to horror films and all things that go bump in the night be enough to not fall for Jay’s ingenious mentalist tricks?
“Your tricks are cool and everything, but they mostly astound and amaze me rather than scare me.”

Besides the gripping tricks performed by Jay and de
Camila, the opinionated Catruler
Short but cute. It did make me want to read the second book.
Anna Banana
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Such a fun little read! <3
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Love LOVED this! L.H. Cosways grants us a 30+ page novella featuring Jay and Matilda from "Six of Hearts", one of my all time favorite reads and book couples. Celebrating their first Halloween as a married couple, Jay and Matilda make a bet that he can't scare her and Jay accepts this challenge as only Jay can. There's sexy intrigue, thrills and a bit of warfare with a temptress. I loved this insight into their lives after their story in "Six of Hearts" and I wish with all my book loving heart w ...more
Raquel
This was a short story released free in the author's website https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By5l....

Its a continuation story from Six of Hearts and its set around Halloween so its a bit suspenseful but still keeping the humour and steam. I loved Six of Hearts and I loved this continuation.

Jay Fields is amazing and he can bet with me and hypnotize me anytime.

Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Quick sweet novella. Love those two together!
Sabrina
5 Jaylicious Stars

Its L.H Cosway and Jay plus Jay naked, Jay grinning, Jay with bedroom eyes, Jay with a Come-hither look....its OBVIOUSLY a 5 stars-all-the-way novella for me!!

Now imagine this:
description

aaaand Jay trying to scare the HELL out of his wife...its just a HELL lot of fun.

Fanny
May 22, 2016 rated it liked it

Macabre Magic es una novela corta dentro de la serie Hearts de L. H. Cosway y vuelve a tener a Matilda y Jay ( Jason ) como protagonistas.
Cuando lees un libro con el que disfrutas no quieres que acabe pero desgraciadamente llega un momento en el que llega a su fin, por esa razon me encanta cuando algunas autoras crean pequeñas novelas como esta : cortas, ( esta en concreto tiene solo 70 paginas ), ligeras y bonitas, la solucion perfecta para cuando te cuesta despedirte de ciertos personajes.
Maca
Alba M.
Jan 12, 2016 rated it liked it
A ver, la historia es cortita y está muy bien pero realmente a mí no me ha hecho gracia.
La culpa también es de Matilda por decirle «adelante con lo que sea, jodeme viva» pero el truco de Jay de pasó de la raya UN MONTÓN! Hay sustos y sustos pero vamos... este se le fue de las manos...
Sharon
This was somewhat cute, somewhat cliché. I'm glad to see the couple from the 1st couple blissfully married in this one. However, I am not a fan of girl-hating and the trope of girls getting all mean JUST FOR A GUY. Moving on~~
FMABookReviews
I loved this short story!!
Brooklyn JoJo
Apr 11, 2016 rated it liked it
This was just OK, the Jay and Matilda relationship parts were awesome but the "scare" was really lame...
Jeannine Allison
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella
A short, cute read right in time for Halloween :)
Karen
Aug 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
No me canso de Jay y Matilda!!
Me encanta su relación!!! Esa broma fue lo MÁ.XI.MO!!!!!!!

¿He mencionado ya que amo a Jason? ¿No? Pues aquí va...
JODIDAMENTE AMO A JASON FIELDS!
Prettywitch
Maka
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Malinda
4 stars

This was a very good short that continues the story of Matilda and Jay. In this story, they've just gotten married and are taking a few days for a honeymoon before Jay has to go back to work doing his shows. Matilda and Jay make a bet about whether he can truly scare her since no horror movie ever has and the end date for the bet is Halloween (which is coming up within the week).

I really enjoyed this story and liked seeing Matilda and Jay happily together. I was a bit annoyed that (view s
I.Heart.Romance
⭐ 5 Stars⭐

♦BOOK: #1.5 in the HEARTS series. Quickie novella about Jay & Matilda. 30 pages.

♦POV: first person, heroine

♦PLOT: It's Halloween and Jay & Matilda celebrate their first holiday as a married couple with a sexy bet that Jay will/won't be able to truly scare her. Throw in Jay's beautiful assistant that has the hots for him, Matilda's jealously and a funny costume mishap.

♦STEAM LEVEL: moderate, 3/5

♦QUOTES:
"I was also dying to get him into a Dixie bow. Don't ask why - it just ne
Crystal
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
"I need to know what you limits are. Do you want me just to scare you, or are you giving me permission to mindfuck the shit out of you?".
I love this short novella of Jay and Matilda. It's Halloween and Matilda doesn't think Jay can scare her. She doesn't scare so easily, but don't tell that to a stubborn Jay because he loves a challenge. I love every little piece of these characters I can get. My only complaint is that I want more!
A
Mar 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
an absolutely cute, although short novella-ish type of stories :) and I added the "-ish" ending cause it's only four chapters :) but it's still an absolutely lovely glimpse into the lives of Jay and Matilda :) and you know me... I love me some Jay... ;)

XOXO

A

for more book-ish stuff visit:
my blog -> https://bookworm8619.blogspot.com/
my facebook page -> https://www.facebook.com/bookworm8619/
Ashley Schoen
Matilda tells Jay that there is no way he can scare her...Like full on scare her. So they make a bet. Jay must full on scare her...heart rate up, perspiration, screaming the full nine. This is a short story to hold back your withdraws. Loved every minute of it.
Melissa
The perfect novella!! Any chance to get more Jay Fields is more than okay in my book. This just made me more excited for Hearts of Fire
Grecia Robles
Mar 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

Creepy, Sexy, Entretenido, divertido,así es este relato, un pequeño regalo y un pedacito más de Jay y Matilda, no me canso de ellos, son así de divertidos y amorosos son. QUIERO MÁS
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
I really don't know why it took me so long to pick this one up. But I'm glad I did because I forgot how much I loved Jay Fields. He's charming as ever. I wish a guy like him exists?

Although I could kill him for that trick. OMG.
Denise Lancaster
Jan 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
No puedo creer el 'truco' que le hizo Jay a Matilda.
Pero bueno, éstos dos son más lindos.
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Friggin love this series of books, was rather surprised and very happy to find this short story for Jay and Matilda x loved these two and was great to just have that little bit more x
  • Holiday Heat
  • The Tango (Sexual Awakenings, #2)
  • His Forsaken Bride (Vawdrey Brothers, #2)
  • Shiver: 13 Sexy Tales of Humor and Horror
  • Never Been Loved (Never Been, #1.1)
  • Take Me Home: A Bodyguard Christmas Story
  • Here They Lie (The Bloodstone Legacy, #1)
  • Rachel's Eyes (Eyes of Silver Revisited, #1)
  • Stealing Heaven (Celtic Rogues #4)
  • Highland Rogue (Clan MacKenzie #2)
  • La croce di fuoco (La saga di Claire Randall #8)
  • Kiss Me at Midnight
  • Don't Wake Me Up
  • Redesigning Fate (Revive #1)
  • When Fully Fused (Schasm #3)
  • Screwing the System - online short
  • The Kraken King and the Crumbling Walls (Iron Seas, #4.6; Kraken King, #6)
  • Blessing and Light
L.H. Cosway lives in Dublin, Ireland. Her inspiration to write comes from music. Her favourite things in life include writing stories, vintage clothing, dark cabaret music, food, musical comedy, and of course, books.

She thinks that imperfect people are the most interesting kind. They tell the best stories.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LHCosway

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LHCosway

Mailing List:

Hearts (6 books)
  • Six of Hearts (Hearts, #1)
  • Hearts of Fire (Hearts, #2)
  • King of Hearts (Hearts, #3)
  • Hearts of Blue (Hearts, #4)
  • Thief of Hearts (Hearts, #5)
  • Hearts on Air (Hearts, #6)