Start by marking “Macabre Magic (Hearts, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Macabre Magic (Hearts, #1.5)

Macabre Magic

(Hearts #1.5)

Included in Shiver: 13 Sexy Tales of Humor and Horror.

When you’re married to an illusionist, you never know what surprise is around the corner.

Matilda believes she doesn’t scare easily. Horror films make her laugh rather than jump in terror. Jay begs to differ. With just the right magic trick, he thinks he can give his wife a scare for Halloween, so the two make a bet. Wil
Published October 13th 2014

To ask other readers questions about Macabre Magic, please sign up.

Start your review of Macabre Magic (Hearts, #1.5)
Peek At My Book Review
Mar 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014
5 'Magical' Stars

description

If this author decided to write 100 more books on Jay...I'm going to read ALL OF THEM.

This was a short and sweet read. I enjoyed reading about the newly wedded couple giddy in love and starving for each other. It Halloween and Jay decided to get her lovely Wife scared...Find out what Jay came up with ;)

description description description description

Lisa *-* GiViNg It To YoU * LoCk StOcK & TwO SmOkiNg BaRrELs
****4 Magic Stars****

Ohhhh just had time for a quickie....

How could I not have one more time with the handsome and charming Jay when he surprises his wife Matilda, for some Halloween Fun!!

I'm a huge L.H. Cosway fan and as always, she pulled another great little read out of that hat of her's.....TOTALLY MAGIC!!
Dali
Jul 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
In Macabre Magic, Matilda challenges her smart, handsome and charming husband to try his best to scare her, because she believes it’s a close to impossible to task. Can he succeed and win the bet they’ve made? Will Matilda’s immunity to horror films and all things that go bump in the night be enough to not fall for Jay’s ingenious mentalist tricks?
“Your tricks are cool and everything, but they mostly astound and amaze me rather than scare me.”

Besides the gripping tricks performed by Jay and
Anna Banana
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Such a fun little read! <3 ...more
Camila (previously the opinionated Catruler)
Short but cute. It did make me want to read the second book.
Hazel *Craves the Angst Reviews*
Love LOVED this! L.H. Cosways grants us a 30+ page novella featuring Jay and Matilda from "Six of Hearts", one of my all time favorite reads and book couples. Celebrating their first Halloween as a married couple, Jay and Matilda make a bet that he can't scare her and Jay accepts this challenge as only Jay can. There's sexy intrigue, thrills and a bit of warfare with a temptress. I loved this insight into their lives after their story in "Six of Hearts" and I wish with all my book loving heart w ...more
Raquel
This was a short story released free in the author's website https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By5l....

Its a continuation story from Six of Hearts and its set around Halloween so its a bit suspenseful but still keeping the humour and steam. I loved Six of Hearts and I loved this continuation.

Jay Fields is amazing and he can bet with me and hypnotize me anytime.

Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Quick sweet novella. Love those two together!
☆.。.:*・°☆Love2Read♡HEAs☆.。.:*・°☆ {Anne}
Rated 4 Stars

Yay, more of Jay & Matilda......and Married! I was hoping for more after I finished book 1. I love these two together.

It's Halloween in this story, so of course Jay has to show off some of his tricks (it just what magicians do naturally).

Great little wrap up on the two of them.
Sabrina
5 Jaylicious Stars

Its L.H Cosway and Jay plus Jay naked, Jay grinning, Jay with bedroom eyes, Jay with a Come-hither look....its OBVIOUSLY a 5 stars-all-the-way novella for me!!

Now imagine this:
description

aaaand Jay trying to scare the HELL out of his wife...its just a HELL lot of fun.

Sharon
This was somewhat cute, somewhat cliché. I'm glad to see the couple from the 1st couple blissfully married in this one. However, I am not a fan of girl-hating and the trope of girls getting all mean JUST FOR A GUY. Moving on~~
FMABookReviews
I loved this short story!!
Jeannine Allison
Mar 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: novella
A short, cute read right in time for Halloween :)
Brooklyn JoJo
Apr 11, 2016 rated it liked it
This was just OK, the Jay and Matilda relationship parts were awesome but the "scare" was really lame...
Steffi De Ceuster  ♥
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, freebies
This is a super shortie! It was fun to see Watson and Jay again. I must say the mindf*ck he did there it did scare me.. That doesn't say much because when ,e go to the theater to watch a horror movie I close my eyes when I feel sething bad/scary coming

Trina did manage to get on my nerve and I understoot Matilde her feelings regarding her very wel. I did find that neither did mich to actually make her stop. I thought her woman to woman talk would help but I guess not.. I want a but more closure
Crystal
Aug 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
"I need to know what you limits are. Do you want me just to scare you, or are you giving me permission to mindfuck the shit out of you?".
I love this short novella of Jay and Matilda. It's Halloween and Matilda doesn't think Jay can scare her. She doesn't scare so easily, but don't tell that to a stubborn Jay because he loves a challenge. I love every little piece of these characters I can get. My only complaint is that I want more!
Maka
Oct 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Malinda
4 stars

This was a very good short that continues the story of Matilda and Jay. In this story, they've just gotten married and are taking a few days for a honeymoon before Jay has to go back to work doing his shows. Matilda and Jay make a bet about whether he can truly scare her since no horror movie ever has and the end date for the bet is Halloween (which is coming up within the week).

I really enjoyed this story and liked seeing Matilda and Jay happily together. I was a bit annoyed that (view s
I.Heart.Romance
⭐️ 5 Stars⭐️

♦️BOOK: #1.5 in the HEARTS series. Quickie novella about Jay & Matilda. 30 pages.

♦️POV: first person, heroine

♦️PLOT: It's Halloween and Jay & Matilda celebrate their first holiday as a married couple with a sexy bet that Jay will/won't be able to truly scare her. Throw in Jay's beautiful assistant that has the hots for him, Matilda's jealously and a funny costume mishap.

♦️STEAM LEVEL: moderate, 3/5

♦️QUOTES:
"I was also dying to get him into a Dixie bow. Don't ask why - it just nee
★ Belle The Bibliophile ★
I really don't know why it took me so long to pick this one up. But I'm glad I did because I forgot how much I loved Jay Fields. He's charming as ever. I wish a guy like him exists?

Although I could kill him for that trick. OMG.
Melissa
The perfect novella!! Any chance to get more Jay Fields is more than okay in my book. This just made me more excited for Hearts of Fire ...more
Ashley Schoen
Matilda tells Jay that there is no way he can scare her...Like full on scare her. So they make a bet. Jay must full on scare her...heart rate up, perspiration, screaming the full nine. This is a short story to hold back your withdraws. Loved every minute of it.
Damara ~
Jan 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Better than what I expected! L.H. Cosway has an amazing way to tell stories! It was nice reading about Jay & Matilda after what happened in "Six of Hearts"! Can't wait for Hearts of Fire!!! ...more
Olivia
Very quick, satisfying, hot, sexy read. It was fun to revisit Jay and Mathilda.
Ying Yuvejwattana
Jul 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Amazing Magic Satrs
Love this one. Jay is awesome!
❤ Çandí ❤
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Awesome little story!! I love these two
Michelle
Nov 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. There is no one quite like Jay Fields. Great Halloween story about Jay and Matilda.
Diz Reads 4TLOReading
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Friggin love this series of books, was rather surprised and very happy to find this short story for Jay and Matilda x loved these two and was great to just have that little bit more x
Moon Love
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Matilda and Jake and this story was absolutely wonderful!
Lara
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-2018
I know Jason is a student of behavioural studies, and a magician to boot, but I don't like stories that include "mind fucks", not even if the woman agrees to it. You just don't do something like that to a person to supposedly love above all else in the world.
« previous 1 3 next »

• To Professor, with Love (Forbidden Men, #2)
  • Scenes from the City (Knitting in the City, #4.5)
  • The Price of Mason (Forbidden Men, #10)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • Bound by Love (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles, #6)
  • Laws of Physics: Space (Hypothesis, #5)
  • Laws of Physics: Time (Hypothesis, #6)
  • Marry in Scarlet (Marriage of Convenience, #4)
  • Bound by Vengeance (Born in Blood Mafia Chronicles #5)
  • Consolation Prize (Forbidden Men, #9)
  • Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • Maria (Made Men, #7)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Shane (Mallick Brothers, #1)
  • All Wrapped Up for the Holidays
  • Venom
  • Neanderthal Seeks (Extra) Yarns (Knitting in the City, #4.5, 6.5)
L.H. Cosway lives in Dublin, Ireland. Her inspiration to write comes from music. Her favourite things in life include writing stories, vintage clothing, dark cabaret music, food, musical comedy, and of course, books.

She thinks that imperfect people are the most interesting kind. They tell the best stories.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LHCosway

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LHCosway

Mailing List:

Hearts (6 books)
  • Six of Hearts (Hearts, #1)
  • Hearts of Fire (Hearts, #2)
  • King of Hearts (Hearts, #3)
  • Hearts of Blue (Hearts, #4)
  • Thief of Hearts (Hearts, #5)
  • Hearts on Air (Hearts, #6)

News & Interviews