Start by marking “The Summer Remains (The Summer Remains, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Summer Remains (The Summer Remains, #1)

The Summer Remains (The Summer Remains #1)

4.15  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,323 Ratings  ·  661 Reviews
Twenty-four-year-old Summer Johnson knows two things. The first is that due to a quickly worsening medical condition, she faces a risky surgery in three months’ time that may or may not end in her death. The second is that she would like to fall in love before then.

As spring sinks into her namesake season on the Florida coastline, Summer plays the odds and downloads a new
Published February 14th 2015

To ask other readers questions about The Summer Remains, please sign up.

Kimberley US only but maybe you can message him and inquire if he will send to Canada, or where to get it

His FB page
…more

His FB page
The Deal by Elle KennedyConfess by Colleen HooverThe Mistake by Elle KennedyKyland by Mia SheridanManwhore by Katy Evans
Top Romances Of 2015
41st out of 531 books — 2,078 voters
Confess by Colleen HooverFALLING HARD by Shelly BellComplicate Me by M.  RobinsonThe Deal by Elle KennedyForbid Me by M.  Robinson
New Adult 2015 Releases
9th out of 222 books — 584 voters

More lists with this book...

Christy
5 stars!

photo 215bcd11-c37f-4686-a7e7-c6ee8bb09b9c_zpsiajottta.jpg

The Summer Remains is a powerful read. It’s not only a book that made me feel, it’s a book that made me think, made me reevaluate the way I see people, treat people and I’ll be honest- not many books have that effect on me. For that reason alone, I would give this book 5 stars. Add in the fact that the writing had a great flow, it was sad and uplifting at the same time, and was just an all around profound and beautiful read makes me want to give it more than 5.

photo 8392cf26-c7af-493d-a0f4-eeec61fd3aeb_zpsaw2ipeub.jpg

Summer Johnson is one of
Arianna
Jun 10, 2015 Arianna rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!!

“You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.” ~ Oscar Wilde

description

“The Summer Remains” was one beautiful, heartbreaking, inspiring and emotional story. It’s a book about life, love, sacrifice, friendship, death and so much more. It’s a book that will touch you heart and soul. It’s a book that will make you think and appreciate what you still have – life, family, friends, love – and that will show you that lov
Brandi
May 07, 2015 Brandi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

How can I describe this book...
Emotional. Heartbreaking. Beautiful. Powerful. Inspiring.

"Comparison is the enemy of happiness, stop measuring yourself against the world."

To be honest - This book broke my heart. I flat out sobbed. For hours. After a few hours sleep, with still swollen eyes, I still can't put into words how hauntingly beautiful this story was.

description

Summer's life has never been easy. Born with a rare, life threatening condition, every day is a struggle. She carries scars on t
Jennifer Kyle
May 02, 2015 Jennifer Kyle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cry-baby-books

4.5 ”This Is Not a Cancer Book” Stars

Warning: YOU WILL UGLY CRY DURING THIS READ

description

Summer Johnson suffers from a condition called Esophageal Intresia which has been killing her since birth. She agrees to a surgery that will give her an 80/20 chance of surviving her condition scheduled at the end of summer. Summer decides to enjoy her summer to the best of her abilities and has just one wish.

”I, Summer Johnson, Purveyor of Pragmatism, Lover of Logic, Ultimate Believer in the Rational, and Person W
Jen ~ Schmexy Girl Book Blog
Mar 02, 2015 Jen ~ Schmexy Girl Book Blog rated it it was amazing
***UPDATE***
Life changing.

Soul inspiring.

Chest hurting.

Heart healing.
“Let love destroy you—God knows life is going to anyway.”

Everyone has scars. Some are visible, others aren’t. This is a story of a girl, so broken on the outside, but inside—inside she is beautiful, smart, loving, kind and just glows. Summer Martin has a life threatening illness. She lost out on so many experiences, one being love. Her one wish is to find that one true love and cherish it, hold on so tight.

She meets Cooper thro
✿kawehi.reviews
Feb 14, 2015 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I received an ARC via Southern Belle PR in exchange for an honest review. Thank you! !

Teaser 1

The Summer Remains was an emotionally charged read that left me speechless and in tears.

I’m normally not one of those sentimental and emotional people when it comes to books, but this one really touched me.

Author Seth King is a definite force to be reckoned with, as he is able to pull your heart apart by the seams and put it back together in a bittersweet fashion!!

I loved this story as I was reminded of our
Loyda
#UGLYCRY I HEARD, CAN'T WAIT TO READ IT. I MUST SAY, I DO NEED TO BE IN THE MOOD BUT MOST DEFINITELY WILL BUMP THIS ONE UP ON MY LIST

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

~~~~~BLURB~~~~~

Alissa
Nov 07, 2015 Alissa rated it it was amazing
Ten million stars for one of the greatest books I have ever read. I finished this book days ago and haven't stopped thinking about it. I wish I were a better writer so I can say something incredible about this book, but really - I don't have the words to do this review justice. The Summer Remains has earned a spot at the top of my favorites list along with Making Faces. There is so much beauty, wit, heartbreak, compassion, loss, humor, resilience and just plain old brilliance within the pages of ...more
Sarah Pianettini
Feb 04, 2015 Sarah Pianettini rated it it was amazing
I've been sitting here for ten minutes and I don't know how to express how this book affected me. Sometimes when things really get to me emotionally I have trouble putting my feelings into words so please bare with me.

I'll start off by saying I've never once doubted Seth's talent. From the second I started reading The Goode Fight I knew he was an amazing author. I also knew from the very first teaser that The Summer Remains would be off the charts amazing. What I did not expect was for Seth to c
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
4 When will I come out of this book coma? Stars

This book just gutted me. Not only was it an emotional read, but full of philosophy that really got me thinking.

But I have to say what really got me was the author's note at the back of book explaining why this book was written and why it's a personal journey.

Damn...this book absolutely left me speechless and not thinking right.

Why only 4? Well, to me, around 1/2 way in it did start to get a bit slow. But overall, I enjoyed this book immensely.

This
Beverly
Sep 04, 2015 Beverly rated it it was amazing
The feels, this book, I am not sure I can handle much more heartache this week! Summer Remains is such a beautiful story with an important message. Yes, it's a love story and I love Summer and Cooper. But what really broke me in this story was how we judge other people. Summer Remains reminds you that we are all the same, we are all looking for more, acceptance and love. Ugh, this story so epically beautiful!

Side note: You will cry like a little bitch and get so mad at the situations you can't c
Leslie
Wow!! Just fucking wow!! I can't deal with books like these!! I've NEVER I repeat NEVER experienced a book were the author has word for word explained exactly the emotions I was feeling while I read the book. In light of that I'm going to use the authors own words to review his own book because honestly I don't think I could do it justice and he basically ripped the words right out of my head!

“In only sixty pages I had become completely attached to the old man, feeling every ounce of his heart
Abbie D.
Feb 02, 2015 Abbie D. rated it it was amazing
This is not the story of boy meets girl, they fall in love, then live happily ever after.

This is not the fairy tale of Snow White, where just one kiss from her prince will bring her back..

This is a story I cannot just summarize in one sentence, and it's definitely not a story you've ever read before...

First off, the writing is unlike anything I've ever laid eyes upon; it's captivating.
From the very first line, this book had my full attention as I was already invested. As I read on, I experienced
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review

[image error]

L-O-V-E. Those four letters makes up a simple word but the definition and meaning cannot be simply explained in words but must be felt. As humans we all crave for love whether it be receiving or giving love. To experience love is one of the greatest joys in life because of the many feelings associated with it. And if we are lucky, there will be those who will experience the greatest unconditional love. A love worth living and exper
Keyanna Butler
Feb 05, 2015 Keyanna Butler rated it it was amazing
If your thoughts going into to this book are "here's another romance" you are monumentally mistaken. There is nothing ordinary about this story. There is nothing mediocre about these characters. There is only real, raw, magnetic honesty to the point where by the end of it all you are an exposed nerve sensitive to everything around you and seeing the world, seeing life, seeing love, seeing the universe in an entirely new light. Seth King writes about falling in love like it's something that shoul ...more
Suzana
Jun 08, 2015 Suzana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"You gave me a roaring July in the winter of my life, and I'm thankful."

"Transparent blue was my favorite color, because it was the color of the sky just before the sun rose and immediately after it set. It reminded me that whatever you were dealing with in the present, you had survived your past and had no choice but to face your future, so you'd might as well square your shoulders, chill the fuck up, and deal with what life has put in front of you."
Three Chicks
Feb 19, 2015 Three Chicks rated it it was amazing
5 Fantastic Stars!

Review by Allison East

This book had all the feels. ALL THE DAMN FEELS. I was smiling, and crying- sometimes at the same time. I knew it was going to be an emotional roller coaster from the blurb- but I didn't know how much I would feel for these characters. And Seth King being a new author to me, I will have to add him to my auto author list for sure- because he has a magnificent way with words- that's for sure. This story is not just your typical every day romance- and no one
Pamela Sparkman
Apr 06, 2015 Pamela Sparkman rated it it was amazing
So, I cried a few times and books don't normally make me cry.

REVIEW NOW POSTED...

I finished reading this story a few days ago and I’ve been trying to figure out how to put what I felt about it into words. And maybe there are no words to describe everything this book is, because there isn’t one word or one phrase to describe it. It’s a little bit of everything.

It’s a little bit sad.
It’s a little bit uplifting.
It’s a little bit realistic.
It’s a little bit dreamlike.
It’s a little bit humorous.
It
Tough Critic Book Reviews
SO MANY HANDS!!!

Have you ever wanted so badly to love a book that it’s almost physically painful when you find imperfections? When you know, you know that it deserves to be loved, but you still see its faults. You agonize over the parts that you thought were amazing compared with the parts you tried to overlook, but couldn’t.

On one hand, I had raw emotion. The final 20% wrecked me. The final 20% is what connected me with Cooper. I felt. I cried. I ached; that deep ache right at the base of your
Carrie Richardson-horton
Feb 16, 2015 Carrie Richardson-horton rated it it was amazing
I don't know if I can even put into words how beautiful this story is! I had to take a couple days to let it all sink in. My heart is so full!

We meet Summer who has been sick since the day she was born. She decides to live her life to the fullest like everybody else. She takes a chance and goes on one of those online dating sites. It was a long shot that she would get a normal response but as fate would have it somebody does respond, and her world is about to change forever!

Cooper- oh my goodn
MJ
Feb 16, 2015 MJ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015-books
I am a sobbing, heartbroken mess. The Summer Remains has completely wrecked me. Such beautiful, haunting words that the author has masterfully combined to give us one unforgettable book.

I am a loss for words at how much this almost tragic love story has affected me. I say almost because like our heroine's spirit, love does remain even after the worst of circumstances and what we are left with is true and utterly glorious joy. Summer and Cooper. A pairing of two imperfect people, who together fit
Lisa
Jan 13, 2015 Lisa marked it as to-read
Oh wow...ummm...yeah...

Like...really badly...

The teasers on Facebook are amazing!

Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Mar 27, 2015 Donna ~ The Romance Cover rated it really liked it
The Summer Remains by Seth King
4.5 stars!!

“…sometimes you just gotta jump, and then make your parachute on the way down.”

Well, anyone that follows me knows that I love a tear jerker and this one succeeded on very many levels. Wow, this was one emotional book, yet so uplifting all the same. There are many messages contained within these pages, messages that will make you look at life differently, look at yourself differently and look at others differently. Life is what you make it and there i
Kristie
Feb 27, 2015 Kristie rated it it was amazing
How can a reader,even an avid one, possibly summarize the magic of this book in a review? They cannot. This is a work of art that must be experienced. Is it possible that words on a page can engage all 6 of our senses? (yes 6, for those willing to allow it, this book will do just that). I read an average of five full length books per week. This is only the second review I've ever chose to write. But as with the first review, it really wasn't a choice but rather a need at a cellular level. No des ...more
Jaclynn Denise
Feb 17, 2015 Jaclynn Denise rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE
I finished the book this morning and I can't stop thinking about it. I miss the characters like I miss my friends after not seeing them for a while. I miss the way Cooper loves Summer and Summer's witty sense of humor. Most importantly, this book makes me want to be a better person (not that I'm some evil hag right now, but there is obvious room for improvement with EVERYONE).

I'm not an avid reader because I'm not good at reading; well, I'm slow at reading. I read this book in three days (quick
Beatriz from Cover to Cover Book Blog
Forget everything and read this book!!

I started this book yesterday after I left work, and did not put it down till around 2am. The only break I took was to shower. I ate dinner, fork in my right hand and my kindle in my left hand. I HAD TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED. The author has been posting all these teasers and I kept reading them like if I was in a desert and they were water. The moment the book was delivered to my kindle I'm pretty sure I screamed.

Enough about me, lets get this review started.
Nina & Georgana The Literary Gossip
Feb 25, 2015 Nina & Georgana The Literary Gossip rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
4.5 -5 Stars

Life isn’t fair, yet it is beautiful. We are each born with our own set of flaws, some are on the outside and some are on the inside. Some people can see these flaws and shun us no matter how big the mask is that we try to hide them with. But every once in a while, someone comes along and removes our mask and loves us for just who we are. Loves us for our spirit. Loves us for our determination. Loves us without fault or without reservation. Loves us unconditionally. We can only hope
Kim Person
As an avid reader I’m always on the look out for that one book that can touch me emotionally. I mean every single emotion inside this body of mine. What I didn’t expect from The Summer Remains was how I was rocked to my emotional core. Things shifted. My eyes opened and I felt like I was viewing this life with a new set of eyes and a determination that I didn’t feel the day before. I knew this book would do this….

I went into this book knowing that it had the potential to be utterly earth shaking
B.N. Toler
Feb 23, 2015 B.N. Toler rated it it was amazing
Where do I start?
What an amazing and epic love story. Truly beautiful. I don't do spoilers, but I will say that the author did a phenomenal job making me fall in love with Summer. And Cooper?? Gah! I love him and want to have his little hot Cooper babies.
I was sobbing through the last 25% of the book and then I read King's acknowledgement and sobbed some more.
Thank you, Seth, for sharing that bit of your soul with us. As I read your book I kept thinking how real it all felt, how you wrote thes
Kindle Crack Book Reviews Cheri
Author: Seth King
Series: Standalone
Release Date: February 14,2015
Rating: 6 stars
Spoiler-free review

Seth King...remember this name. You will be hearing it quite a lot in the future. Mark my words. I can't write a review that is truly worthy of this book. King’s writing is stunning, breathtaking and soulful. Be prepared to cry like you have never cried over a book or characters before. The Summer Remains is nothing short of a masterpiece. Bravo Seth King. That is all. Six stars.

This review appea
Young Adult Conte...: The Summer Remains - Starting August 6, 2016 39 14 Aug 25, 2016 07:15AM
  • Easy Silence
  • Swelter
  • City Beautiful
  • Kane's Hell
  • Gus (Bright Side, #2)
  • The Man I Love (The Fish Tales, #1)
  • Where One Goes
  • 120 days...
  • Ten Below Zero
  • The Traveling Man (Traveling, #1)
  • Missed Connection
  • Better
  • A Taylor-Made Life (Taylor-Made, #1)
  • Brisé
  • Wrecked
  • Give Me Yesterday
  • My Biggest Mistake
  • Hawthorne & Heathcliff
Seth King is a twenty-five-year-old American author.
More about Seth King...

The Summer Remains (2 books)
  • Autumn Rising (The Summer Remains, #1.5)

“Life's supposed to be a little hard. If your life is too easy, you're doing it wrong.” 55 likes
“If eyes are windows into the soul, books are rabbit holes into the imagination.” 35 likes