Start by marking “Torchwood: Everyone Says Hello” as Want to Read:
Torchwood: Everyone Says Hello

Torchwood: Everyone Says Hello

(Torchwood Audio Exclusives #2)

Outside the government, beyond the police, fighting for the future on behalf of the human race. The 21st century is when everything changes and Torchwood is ready. Led by the mysterious and enigmatic Captain Jack Harkness, Torchwood delves into the unknown and fights the impossible...

Across Cardiff, ordinary people are behaving in odd ways: saying hello to complete strange
Audio CD
Published February 4th 2008 by BBC Audiobooks Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Torchwood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torchwood

KenazNYC
Apr 25, 2008 rated it it was ok
I should know by now never to expect too much from tie-in material, and yet, it remains disappointing when it doesn't pay off.

"Everyone Says Hello" is an awkward episode in the same way that "Random Shoes" is an awkward episode: it discards the traditional episodic formula and ends up suffering for it because it sort of sticks out as being a little too different. The story is not badly written, per se, and the dialogue written for Jack, Owen, and Gwen felt very true to character, but on the whol
Shelley
Feb 06, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, whoniverse
I'm not made for audiobooks - I have such issues listening without the words in front of me. It's in one ear and out the other. Burn is what kept me trying - he really is a brilliant actor and narrator. He got me into the story with his accents (really awesome Welsh) and I could tell the characters apart based on his voices (although I disliked his Tosh). The story itself - it was okay. Owen was written well, but Tosh and Ianto definitely not. That was disappointing. It was, I think, better than ...more
Daphne
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-audio, quest
I thought this was one of the best of the Torchwood audiobooks I've listened to yet. Pretty darn freaky.
Leila Anani
Ariadne .
Mar 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
I'm getting into audiobooks thanks to Torchwood's novels and I have to say I'd listen to anything narrated by Burn Gorman. The voices he makes for the characters, the narration itself made it really enjoyable.
Gabriel Mero
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Burn Gorman did well narrating, though I think Naoko Mori did better. This story was okay, definitely a Tosh and Ianto-lite story, which sucks for me -- Tosh and Ianto are my favorites. The exclusion of Rhys was odd, as was the inclusion of Officer Tom instead of Officer Andy.
Jamie
Sep 24, 2017 rated it liked it
The premise sounds a bit boring, but once you get into it, it gets intriguing, then a bit exciting, then it ends. It ends pretty much right when you start thinking it's getting interesting and the ending? Not really very interesting sadly. A bit of a letdown.
Michelle Gamboa
Jun 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Wonderful reading. Three stars because the story is just ok.
Michael T Bradley
Aug 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Quick goofy fun. Everyone around the Rift starts saying hello & giving information about themselves and ignoring their lives. Torchwood investigates.
Mostly I want more PC Andy Pratt.
osoi
Очередное торчвудское приключение, и читает снова Burn Gorman. Он удивительно тонко меняет голос, акцент и интонацию для каждого персонажа, в какой-то момент я даже стала различать героев просто на слух. Я считаю, это лишнее подтверждение его обалденности, и мне повезло, что после полноценно озвученных актерами аудиодрам я перешла на книжки в его исполнении )

Однажды утром люди по всему городу бросают свои дела, начинают здороваться друг с другом и выбалтывать малоинтересные (а зачастую и интимны
Chris Burd
Sep 13, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the television series
Shelves: scifi_fantasy
I've only recently begun listening to audiobooks - spending way too much time in my car each week. I frequently find listening to a book to be far too difficult - I just can't concentrate on what I'm hearing. However, Burn Gorman's narration is fantastic. He changes his voice in subtle but very distinct ways for each character - not just the things they speak out loud, but even slightly depending on the point of view being narrated. It makes it easy - and far more interesting - to listen to than ...more
Gayle
Oct 19, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio, torchwood
Listened to this for the second time, whilst tidying my bedroom (audiobooks are great for relieving the boredom of housework, believe me!).

Burn Gorman does a fine job of reading 'Everyone Says Hello.' His Welsh accent is great and at times he sounds exactly like Ianto. He tries to ape John Barrowman's accent but it doesn't quite work, so he seems to give up for the rest of the story. Don't really blame him. If you can't do a decent american accent, it's not worth the attempt.

The story itself is
Chent Higson
I don't usually do audiobooks, but since this is only available as one, I'm making an exception.
I'm not sure I'm the biggest fan of Dan Abnett's writing style. I didn't absolutely love this, but I did enjoy it enough to gladly listen to it again. I found the plot a bit trudging and shallow. I'm also rereading Border Princes by Abnett, and there's definitely some phrases and words he likes to repeat.
I mostly got this because it was read by Burn Gorman, who is bae, but I'll be honest, he
Sato
Oct 11, 2012 rated it really liked it
Three stars for the story plus bonus one for the great narration. I really like how Burn Gorman characterises each person in the story.

The story was quite enjoyable except that it sounded like I heard (read) a similar plot somewhere before. The idea of people being affected and preparing for something to come would be familiar in the scifi/horror genre, so I wanted a little more unique and unexpected end. Compared to the long and detailed chapters in the middle, I felt the ending was somewhat to
Nicholas Whyte
Jul 19, 2010 rated it it was ok
The neatest bit is the title - all over Cardiff, people start to greet each other and to confess all kinds of mostly boring yet intimate details about their lives. Of course, it turns into an alien invasion of the week story, competently enough done, and decently read by Burn Gorman whose Owen gets a fair amount of viewpoint character time. But not quite as zestful as some of the other Torchwood writing.
Michou
Feb 14, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio-books
These are perfect stories for people who watch and enjoy the Torchwood series. The audio books are perfect for the ride to work (or any long trip) as they average about three hours apiece. Burn Gorman does a fantastic job narrating the novels.

The story itself is great and expands on the series, since the show is about 46 minutes an episode, the books can go more in depth to the characters and give more content than an episode can. Great fun overall.
Eri
Sep 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: torchwood
To be frank, I didn't know what to expect from another Abnett's Torchwood story, but I found this one better than Border Princes (yay!), perhaps thanks to this one being audiobook, which requres less focusing xD (Shame on me. Right.)

It was some serious WTNV-ish stuff going on that creeped the hell out of listener in very good way. Overall, it was nice to listen to, but, except for closure, nothing memorable.
Craig
Oct 26, 2013 rated it liked it
I think this story would have worked better for me had I read it rather than listening to it. It just seemed to drag on with everyone saying "hello" too much. The reading is well done and the characters seemed true to the spirit of the first season of the show. I enjoyed it for the most part, but it's not one of the best.
Matt Niehoff
Mar 20, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a very well narrated book. The characters all seemed spot on. The best parts are the sequences with the team, but there is a lot of non-team stuff to set up what is going on so that distracts a bit and slows it down. I kept wondering where Rhys was as well.

Still worth a listen though.
Jeneé
Not a fantastic book, but being currently obsessed with Torchwood and not able to get enough of it, it is fun to listen to and make 2 hours go by faster. (Especially while at work doing mindless tasks)I love that it was narrated by Burn Gorman.
Mandi
Mar 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: listened-to
I wanted to give this 4 stars, because I love the Torchwood audio dramas, but there just wasn't all that much story in this one. I think it would have made a great 50-minute TV episode, but for an almost 2.5-hour audio drama, it dragged.
Emily
Jul 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Enjoyable mostly because it is read by Burn Gorman, and he is awesome. Not a bad story, but not super interesting.
Adrian Moran
Nov 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
I have really been enjoying these Torchwood stories. They are quite true to the spirit of the show and seem like they could be episodes. Fans of the show will enjoy this one.
Apr 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was an awesome audio book. But I love Torchwood
Paola Valera
Jan 31, 2011 rated it liked it
Plot felt so convoluted half the time. Hello.
Kristina Brown
Jan 15, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: torchwood, audio
An unusual premise - an alien device makes everyone introduce themselves to everyone else - but strangely unnerving for all its simplicity.
Randy Clays
Aug 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
audiobook on to/from to work
vgy
Aug 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: audio, doctor-who
3.5 stars, 5 stars for Burn Gorman's narration

I thought the story started out promising but kind of petered out in the end.

Robert

• Torchwood: In the Shadows
  • Torchwood: The Sin Eaters
  • Torchwood: Hidden
  • Torchwood: The Devil and Miss Carew
  • Slow Decay (Torchwood, #3)
  • Torchwood: Submission
  • Torchwood: The House of the Dead
  • Torchwood: Dead Line
  • Pack Animals (Torchwood, #7)
  • Torchwood: Asylum
  • Into the Silence (Torchwood, #10)
  • Something in the Water (Torchwood, #4)
  • The Twilight Streets (Torchwood, #6)
  • Trace Memory (Torchwood, #5)
  • The House That Jack Built (Torchwood, #12)
  • Consequences (Torchwood, #15)
  • Bay of the Dead (Torchwood, #11)

Torchwood Audio Exclusives (10 books)
  • Torchwood: Hidden