Start by marking “Dragon Rising” as Want to Read:
Dragon Rising

Dragon Rising

Only a dragonblood, one who can transform into a mighty dragon, can again bring peace and justice to Almar, but all those of that mystical race have been murdered by the evil High Lord Kargoth who now rules the land. The Followers of the Blood oppose the High Lord, waiting for the fulfillment of a prophecy that a dragonblood will come and bring peace once again to Almar. D ...more
Published January 9th 2015 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published December 25th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Dragon Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dragon Rising

Patrick Hodges
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
If you like fantasy and action, Dragon Rising is an excellent choice. It has strong characters, a very good plot and plenty of action.

Dragon Rising tells the story of Delina, the last "dragonblood" in the land of Almar, a noble lineage that was supposed to be extinct. At first unaware of her importance, Delina soon learns that it is her destiny to fight the evil of the dark wizard Kargoth and restore her bloodline to the Dragon Throne. But first, along with the young warrior Merric, she must ral
Michael Lynes
Aug 23, 2015 rated it liked it
"Dragon Rising" by Tom Fallwell is an interesting story, replete with Dark Lords, hidden Rebels, unlikely Heroes, beautiful maidens, fantastic magic, woodlands full of Elves and of course Dragons. It falls perfectly into the 'Sword and Sorcery' genre and as I am a lifelong fan of this type of story I eagerly placed a copy on my Kindle.
The tale opens rapidly and we are introduced to Delina, a half elf with oddly shaped eyes and her friend and protector Morlock, a giant shadowfang cat from the far
Tito Barberi
Dec 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
Although Dragon Rising is nothing new to fans of high, epic fantasy, the book delivers. If author Tom Fallwell meant to tell a story in the purest spirit of Tolkien and other masters of fantasy, he certainly accomplished what he set out to do.

The book is filled with great heroes and an imposing villain, wonderful, magical creatures and mystical places. The main plot is solid, uncomplicated and to the point. The action is superb and the characters are well developed.

The story is focused on Delina
Ian Hunter
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
The novel is tightly plotted and in a very focused and determined way advances without departure or delay along the central storyline. This gives the tale a great sense of forward momentum and energy. The genre is solidly classic, epic fantasy, no blurring of the lines or mixed genres here. It is also very much a YA novel, so it will benefit greatly from being targeted to a very clearly defined readership from the get go. The unfolding friendship between our two leads, Merric and Delina, what’s ...more
A.J. Leigh
Feb 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dragon Rising was an awesome fantasy book. I love dragons and fantastical creatures so this book was right up my alley. Morlok was my favorite and I would love to see a visual representation of her.

I won't spoil anything in my review because I think you should all read it, but the action starts almost immediately as you learn more about the characters and grow to love their personality. Sometimes fantasy books can get a bit overwhelming with the describing of a new world, but the author did a gr
Rebecca McCray
Apr 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
What I enjoyed most about Fallwell’s story is the fresh view of dragons. Having read a number of the existing dragon series, Fallwell’s concept provides a nice alternative to how dragons might exist with humans and other creatures.

The story moves quickly and covers a lot of ground without missing anything important, which I like. The descriptions painted a vivid picture and I enjoyed the variation in creatures from other series I’ve read. There are three primary species (humans, elves, and the
Dino Costi
Jan 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dragon Rising is an exciting and action-packed fantasy novel, which is probably one of the better ones in the genre that I've read this year. It follows Delina as she must fulfil her destiny as the Dragonblood and unite the world to defeat the evil sorcerer Kargoth. The action takes place over a number of different well-realized locations and the plot kept my attention the whole way through, always leaving me wondering what was going to happen next.

The thing I liked most was probably the relatio
Gwen
Feb 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Dragon Rising kept my interest and is a good fantasy/adventure book. The author needs to learn the difference between the words "emancipated" and "emaciated" however, the first meaning "set free" and the second meaning "abnormally thin or weak". This difference in meaning caused me to miss a few beats in my reading as I had to mentally discern the meaning of the word myself to continue the story.

I would recommend this book to anyone 10 years and above who is interested in the fantasy genre.

I rec
Angela Defeo
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Y/A & up Fantasy
Recommended to Angela by: I was a First Reads lucky winner here on Goodreads
Shelves: first-reads
Dragon Rising was an awesome fantasy book. I love dragons and fantastical creatures so this book was right up my alley. The action starts almost immediately as you learn more about the characters and grow to love their personality. Sometimes fantasy books can get a bit overwhelming with the describing of a new world, but the author did a great job of spreading out explanations throughout the story in a natural way.
There are a few errors that editing missed but I'd recommend Dragon Rising to anyo
Jeri Davenport
Jan 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I do not normally read Fantasy, but I could not put this book down. I was drawn into the story and got involved with the story line. When I thought I could predict what was coming next, I was pleasantly surprised by the twists that you added. I really enjoyed this story and look forward to reading more books by you.

jeri
Kimberly Newman
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Dragon rising is an entertaining book that moves along at a good pace. I enjoyed it and appreciated its clean nature and good characters. I loved the description of the dragon. The ending is a nice wrap-up and doesn't leave anything important hanging unfinished.
Kiki Hiroku
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-it
Shawn
Mar 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great story, wish there was another book to this. Excellent read.
Will Davidson
Aug 24, 2016
Deb
Jul 30, 2017
Tom Fallwell
Dec 29, 2014 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Angela
Erin
Jan 15, 2015
Sci-Fi, fantasy a...: Dragon Rising on Sale 1 8 Mar 10, 2015 05:14PM
Sci-Fi, fantasy a...: Free Book Giveaway 1 7 Mar 05, 2015 05:05AM
  • The Light and the Flame (Gemini, #2)
  • Mack 1 Red vs. Blue
  • Keyser Run (Evelyn Morgan, #1)
  • Love Endures All Things: A Journey with Alzheimer´s
  • The Butternut Tree
  • Day 8: New Human War (Part 1)
  • Winner - Book One: The Awakening
  • Little God Blues
  • Siding Star
  • The Prime Minister's Daughter
  • March with Me
  • One Sunday
  • I'd Kill For You
  • A Texas-Made Match
  • Never Hurt Me (The Wish Makers, #3)
  • The Jubilee Plot (Sherlock Holmes & Young Winston #2)
  • Fortress of Mist (Merlin's Immortals, #2)
  • Throat of the Night (The Angelaeon Circle, #3)
Early in life, Tom Fallwell discovered a love for fantasy and science-fiction, delighting in the wonderful escape into realms undreamed of. Weaned on the greats like J.R.R. Tolkien, Isaac Asimov, Ray Bradbury, Arthur C. Clarke, Robert E. Howard, Roger Zelazny, Robert A. Heinlein, and Michael Moorcock, just to name a few, Tom's imagination was forever inspired by those marvelous tales.

One day, he d