Start by marking “Creating Mandalas” as Want to Read:
Creating Mandalas

Creating Mandalas

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  110 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
The circular designs known as mandalas are symbols of deep inner truth, and when creating your own mandalas, you can discover things about yourself that can surprise you. Susanne Fincher introduces here the history and ritual use of mandalas in cultures all over the world. She then shows you how to make your own, offering guidance on choosing art materials and techniques. ...more
Published October 1st 1991 by Shambhala (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Creating Mandalas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creating Mandalas

JoyfulK
Aug 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book contains an extensive analysis of the use of mandalas in personal psychospiritual development or as a tool in expressive arts therapy. If you're interested in these topics, you may find it useful. It's accessible whether you're trained in these topics already, or not. In fact, the author's suggestion of drawing a mandala daily or weekly, as a practice, and her suggested ways looking at the resulting series, are particularly interesting.

Unfortunately, I found the discussions of symbolis
Susanna Suchak
Apr 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a treasured resource.
Christine
I found this book most valuable for the explanation of Kelloggs Grand Round in chapter six and individual testimonies to the mandala creation process (with corresponding image plates) in chapter seven.
Blythe
May 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Ceanne
Apr 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Ceanne by: Those intersted in mandalas
I love drawing and coloring mandalas and have for many years, this book provided me the opportunity to learn more about the history of mandalas and some more "uses" for them than I have been using them for.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and am planning on buying it for my libary.
Francine
Dec 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I borrowed this from the public library. However, I will buy a copy and would give it as a gift. Mandalas covers everything you ever wanted to know about mandalas, chakras, etc.

I am just beginning an independent study of this material and those book was immensely helpful.
culley
Apr 19, 2015 rated it liked it
This is my go-to book for considering the meanings of color, numbers, shapes, etc.
Yasmín
Sep 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Siempre le acerto a todos los mandalas que analice con ayuda de este libro!!
Angie crosby
Jul 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
i really enjoyed this book. It was great as not only an introduction to mandalas but as a guide to creating and interpreting them.
Summer
Feb 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
Read this book for Graduate school and I really enjoyed it. I love what comes into "view" when anyone does a mandala. Very fascinating. :)
Isabel
Paradasia
rated it it was ok
May 21, 2010
julie Smart
rated it did not like it
Mar 26, 2016
  • How the World Is Made: The Story of Creation according to Sacred Geometry
  • Graceful Exits: How Great Beings Die
  • The Art Therapy Sourcebook
  • The Subtle Body: An Encyclopedia of Your Energetic Anatomy
  • 11:11: The Time Prompt Phenomenon: The Meaning Behind Mysterious Signs, Sequences, and Synchronicities
  • How to Survive and Prosper as an Artist: Selling Yourself Without Selling Your Soul
  • Being with Dying: Cultivating Compassion and Fearlessness in the Presence of Death
  • Sacred Geometry: Deciphering the Code
  • Kundalini and the Chakras: Evolution in This Lifetime: A Practical Guide
  • Mandala Source Book: 150 Mandalas to Help You Find Peace, Awareness, and Well-being
  • The Temple of High Witchcraft: Ceremonies, Spheres and the Witches' Qabalah (Temple of Witchcraft, #4)
  • Healing Crystals and Gemstones: From Amethyst to Zircon
  • Dread: How Fear and Fantasy Have Fueled Epidemics from the Black Death to the Avian Flu
  • The Way We'll Be: The Zogby Report on the Transformation of the American Dream
  • Kali: The Feminine Force