Start by marking “Synthesis: Weave” as Want to Read:
Synthesis: Weave

Read Book

Synthesis: Weave

(Synthesis #1)

The laws of physics are about to change ...

A tsunami on a space station.
An explosion with no trace of the bomber.

Cyber-security expert Sebastian knows evidence doesn’t magically disappear, yet when he and his colleague Aryx, a disabled ex-marine, travel the galaxy to find the cause, there seems to be no other explanation.

Can they unravel the mystery before his family, home
Published January 9th 2015 by Forcefield Publishing (first published January 8th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Synthesis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Synthesis

Start your review of Synthesis: Weave
Paul
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: review
4.5 STARS
What an awesome sci-fi, I still have no idea how it's been placed on some M/M lists though but it's a great book.
 Charlie - A Reading Machine
An interesting read from Saunders-Stowe that has some fantastic ideas and concepts but does not quite hit it's potential. With some targeted editing and some slight re-imagining this could be a really great book but I personally didn't find myself engaging with the characters or the story as much as I like too. I also have a trigger that rears it's ugly head when I start thinking a book is going to get religious on me.

There is currently a giveaway running for this book on Goodreads here - https:
Lilyn G. | Sci-Fi & Scary |
Synthesis: Weave has a lot going for it. The main characters are not the typical action heroes found in these types of books. Sebastian is a bit of a drama queen. Aryx is disabled and , considering his sidekick role, not nearly as grumpy (or overly cheerful) as one might expect. The two have a relationship that falls somewhere between good buddies and somewhat friendly but personality chafing coworkers. It makes for some interesting dynamics that sometimes had me thinking “Oh, just quit yer bitc ...more
Chris Bardot
Jun 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Scifi story that keeps you gripped from beginning to end, with many twists & turns, a must read for all Scifi fans, it's an excellent read, looking forward to a second book in the future :-) ...more
Sara Monk
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I loved this book! The book is about Sebastian - a security programmer who gets promoted into Specops - and his disabled ex-marine friend Aryx who are tasked to investigate the scene of an explosion. The two travel through space to many different locales and planets to piece together the truth. Saunders-Stowe creates a different and unique universe in which everything occurs in. I loved every minute of this book. I felt that the story was not predictable. No matter how much you felt you knew wha ...more
Jennifer Saunders
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Synthesis : Weave by Deane Saunders Stowe. A brilliant storyline for Deane's first novel. Science fiction that could be reality in the future. Couldn't put it down. It's perfect material for a movie, scenery descriptions are fascinating. Can't wait for Deane's next book.
Diane
I debated for some time whether to round this 2.5-star read up to 3 ("I liked it"), but there just wasn't quite anything to tip the balance. TBH, I'm still debating; I may read the sequel when it comes out, and if I enjoy that one more, I'll probably go ahead and raise this one's rating, too.

● The writing is competent, but not particularly rich or graceful. At times, it felt a bit in need of more "Show, don't tell."
● The characters are developed, and pleasingly unusual choices for action/suspen
Chris King
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Synthesis: Weave.
By Deane Saunders-Stowe.
I haven't read many Sci Fi books but have watched many films and series.
I chose to try this one as the cover caught my eye. A man and a wheelchair hanging from a cliff. Good start. (note: the cover here is different to my edition)
The book is slow moving to start with but has a good flow to it and draws you into the next chapter. It easily got me hooked as the story unfolds. I liked the fact that issues such as disabilities and the use of wheelchairs, alt
Michael Poynton
Jul 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Science fiction, Jim, but not as you know it. It takes skilful writing to mix magic with science whilst moving a detective story smoothly through space. Somehow, this has been achieved in a believable and satisfying journey, where heroes are not necessarily humanoid nor fully mobile.

It feels thoroughly researched and never warps into wild fantasy, keeping its feet solidly in fiction.

A fast-moving book that grips the reader and doesn't follow a linear plot line but where the author, literally,
Alastair
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read this, and I liked it.

Full of inventive ideas, spaceships, aliens and mystery. What's not to like?
George
jennet wheatstonelllsl Proc
Feb 29, 2020
Dorota Kepa
Jan 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading this book.I would like to highly recommend it.
Chris Bardot
Jan Williams
Jul 05, 2015
Goodreads Librari...: Deleting book duplicates 1 13 Aug 24, 2018 08:31AM
Goodreads Librari...: Cover update 1 21 Aug 11, 2015 12:34PM

• Self Sufficiency Hen Keeping (Self Sufficiency)
  • Ravensoul (Legends of the Raven, #4)
  • Dangerous Games (The Wolves Chronicles, #5)
  • Idiot Brain: What Your Head Is Really Up To
  • The Brothers Lionheart
  • The Polytunnel Book: Fruit and Vegetables All Year Round
  • Four-Season Harvest: Organic Vegetables from Your Home Garden All Year Long
  • The One-Straw Revolution
  • In the Empire's Service (Star Wars: X-Wing Rogue Squadron, #6)
  • In the Beginning: My Life with the Manic Street Preachers
  • TimeBomb (Timebomb Trilogy #1)
  • Beneath the Rising
  • Abe Sapien: The Haunted Boy #1
  • Cinderella's Big Score: Women of the Punk and Indie Underground
  • Hare (Encounters in the Wild)
  • I Am Legend
  • The Dark Moon (The Guardian Cycle, #1)
Deane grew up in the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire (UK). He now lives in Herefordshire with his partner, Kris, a disability fitness instructor and wheelchair user.

News & Interviews