Start by marking “Day Zero (The Arcana Chronicles, #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Day Zero (The Arcana Chronicles, #3.5)

Day Zero

(The Arcana Chronicles #3.5)

Arcana means secrets, and these Arcana Chronicles short stories from #1 New York Times bestselling author Kresley Cole are filled with them. Experience firsthand the beginning of the end and behold the apocalypse through the eyes of characters you only thought you knew.

Ashes to ashes . . .
Evie Greene’s story of the Flash is just one of many. All over the world, those conn
Published August 1st 2016 by Valkyrie Press

To ask other readers questions about Day Zero, please sign up.
Madelyn Blake I have thought that since we learned there was an unactivated card, my guess? Jack is the sun card, this is just a small theory but Selena was the…moreI have thought that since we learned there was an unactivated card, my guess? Jack is the sun card, this is just a small theory but Selena was the moon and if Jack was the sun that was why they got along so well because the sun and moon cards are based off of Apollo and Artemis who are brother and sister. Plus, the sun card is one of the few we haven't heard of or seen yet. (less)
Madelyn Blake I seem like one of the few who wouldn't mind this being a five or six book series huh. But anyways, no it wasn't ever a trilogy.

■©atherine■
Feb 01, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: novella, i-m-in-love
GIVE ME DEATH! I NEED DEATH!

At this point, I don't care about the game or the cards, I just want Aric.

I think it's time he finds happiness. Don't you think he had enough of a miserable life? Think about it. He can't touch people, expect for one who also happens to be in love with another man.(Damn you Evie!) Literally everyone hates him. (Save for that Lark girl.) Everything about his existence is just plain sad. Why can't you make him happy? Do you have to torture him more? I just. Please let
Cookie
Jan 29, 2015 rated it really liked it
Give me Death or give me Death. I need Jack(ass) out of the picture forever. Kresley cole said that she plans for the series to be 6 books long, but seeing that Evie makes her choice on the guy so early, we have hope yet that it's not her final one :)

Shannon (Once Upon a Twilight)
This book can't come fast enough.

Not going to lie though, it bums me out how many Aric fans there are. I like him, he really grew on me in Dead of Winter, but I'm also like APPRECIATE JACKSON TOO, GUYS (lol). Hardcore Jackson appreciator over here if you haven't guessed. I want him with Evie!

Like I did with Dead of Winter, I want to share my pre-release thoughts and predictions. It's good fun!

----------------

Predictions:
These will contain spoilers, so if you haven't read Dead of Winter I sugge
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4 ★'s

Basically, this whole book is a rundown of most of the Arcana, their skills, powers and icons and what was happening to them before The Flash.

So, that means if you haven't read books 1-3, there will be spoilers, just FYI.

There were quite a few of the stories that I really enjoyed...especially Aric's, Evie's and Jackson's. However, a few of them were really sad!

I did like getting all the names for the Arcana and getting to know some of them no matter how little.

There is a preview for th
Cierra
Jan 13, 2015 marked it as to-read
A YEAR?! I DON'T THINK I'LL SURVIVE WAITING THAT LONG!!

Just saying, there's no way in hell that Jack's really dead so

#TEAM JACK
UPDATE: 3/17/2016

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A GOOD REASON AS TO WHY THIS BOOK WAS SUDDENLY DEMOTED TO A NOVELLA???????
Kassidy
Feb 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Eeee I'm definitely pumped for Arcana Rising now!! Some of the backstories were more interesting than others, but it was a cool look into each of the Arcana.
Jasmine Marie
8/2/16:
SPOILER FREE REVIEW!!

(This novella contains spoilers for the first three books: Poison Princess, Endless Knight, and Dead of Winter. Read it after those books!!!)

I don't usually like it when novellas come out. Some times I'll read them. Most times I don't.

But I knew I had to get this. Although I didn't find this as amazing as the main series, I'm so glad I did pick this up.

Day Zero follows 18 character's experience of the Flash-a solar flare so powerful that it destroyed most human, anima
Christina
Mar 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Isabella
Jun 21, 2015 marked it as to-read
TEAM ARIC PLEEEEAAAASSSEEEE! Aric deserves so much better than what he has been through! Aric deserves to be with Evie and get remarried and have little mini arcana babies together...... am I the only one who wants this people?????!!!! #anxiousfangirldyingforhership
Isabell Maria
Jan 14, 2015 marked it as to-read
I need this. Like right. Freaking. Now. With the cliffhanger?! Are you serious Cole!!!
If you're a fan of Kresley Cole's Arcana Chronicles then Day Zero is a must read companion. It does contain spoilers for the first three books so I wouldn't recommend picking it up until you've read Dead of Winter but it contains lots of fun information about the major Arcana players in the series and definitely got me excited about reading the next book.

Have you ever wanted to know where each of the main characters were when the Flash occurred on Day Zero? We saw Evie's story first hand and hav
Molly Watson
Jan 27, 2015 marked it as to-read
Ok Cole so here is the deal....I will have a brand new baby by the end of August and reading might be difficult. So if you are handing out ARCs anytime in the late summer, please for the love of all that is good and holy, give one to the woman who will be super pregnant. Just saying.
Aurora Italia
Apr 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-reads
UPDATE
BOOK 4 IS AVAILABLE FOR PREORDER THIS IS REAL OMG! IF THIS AND BOOK 4 COMES OUT I'M GOING TO BE THE HAPPIEST PERSON EVER!

Update
Aww I loved this book! I loved getting glimpses into all the cards especially the ones we haven't met yet or who died before we could. Also WE GET DEATH'S POV IN THIS BOOK EEEEEEE!!!!! Jack also has a pov which was interesting but DEATTTTTTTHHHHHHH! my heart is happy.
Emma
Aug 28, 2015 is currently reading it
Shelves: need-to-read
MY DREAM CAST:

EVIE - AnnaSophia Robb (PLEASE):

[image error]annasophia robb photo: AnnaSophia Robb Like : www.unomatch.com/annasophia-robb AnnaSophiaRobbAnnaSophiaRobbisanAmericanactresswhogainedprominencein2005withstarringrolesinBecauseofWinn-DixieandCharlieandt_zps1bdd589f.jpg"

JACK - Robbie Amell:

[image error]robbie amell photo: Robbie Amell oyuiuyi.png"

DEATH - Alex Pettyfer:

[image error]Alex Pettyfer photo: Alex Pettyfer 0062.jpg"

SELENA - Teresa Palmer:

[image error]Teresa Palmer photo: Teresa Palmer - unomatch TeresaPalmerunomatch8_zps782a3fa9.jpg"

PLEASE THESE PEOPLE WOULD BE PERFECT!!!! PLEASEEEEE!!!
Charlie Paschall
Mar 10, 2015 marked it as to-read
this book must come out soon! dead of winter almost made me cry at the end!

and really people.... she's meant to be with jack, and all his Cajun sexiness! I wouldn't want to be with someone that shackled me and calls me little wife, no thanks. don't get me wrong death is cool and hot but he's also cocky and possessive. I hope jack is alive if he's not I will just die... just saying. kresley cole you better bring him back!
Jaime (Two Chicks on Books)
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm not normally a huge fan of novellas or companion guides which this book is, both actually. But damn I really loved getting a glimpse at all the Arcana and their attributes as well as small snippets of their lives right before and as the apocalypse happened! I found myself liking characters I didn't really care for in previous books. And just give it up Kresley! Jack is the inactivated card lol also seeing Aric before the apocalypse just made me love him more!
Carlota
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
DEATH DEATH DEATH.
I don't like Jack. He is a liar, I can't trust in him so give me Aric
Fre06 Begum
Dec 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Jackson forever, come on don't let Death get in your way and get your girl Evie!!!
HeatherLovesReading
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5/5 STARS

I had heard that this was a prequel story - and man was it ever!! This book was perfection, it gave you a short look into all of the players of the Arcana. It is day zero and you get to know all of the cards and what their life as like before the flash. I don't know how Kresley Cole did it, but I got sucked into each persons point of view and some of them were only 4 pages long! You get to see who was prepared for what was coming and who was confused and scared about what was happening
Aug 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love the letter at the front of Day Zero from Cole that involves a SPOILER WARNING . . .

"This companion is intended for those who have already read Poison Princess, Endless Knight, and Dead of Winter."

She says she cannot deny nor confirm something that fans of the series have been speculating about one of the characters. I won't say what that is so that I don't spoil anyone reading this review that has not started the series yet. I just wanted to let you know what Day Zero should not be read a
Alison
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Total team Jackson! There is no doubt that Jackson is the man for Evie to me. Death deserves happiness, but I don't think with Evie. I feel there is happiness for Aric out there, we just haven't seen it yet.

I would love an ARC, if the author's feeling generous to hand a couple out for reviews and such! :D
Nicole
Jul 06, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good background story on the players. I really wanted to give it a higher rating, but there were some spoiler-ish parts I wish I'd rather not have known about until the next book.
Daria
Jan 17, 2015 marked it as to-read
need this like yesterday
Ferdy

Liked Evie, Jack, Tess, Selena, the Fury/Spite, and Calanthe's chapters. The rest were pretty boring and samey.
Jenn
So weirdly, I think this has been my favorite in the series so far, and it's literally just a novella. But it's a novella that focused on what I liked the most about these books - the game and the cards. Each little "chapter" was a devoted to another card. We got to see listings of what each card was, it listed their strengths, weapons, where they were when the Flash happened, etc. There were some people we've already met but most were new to me and these were the stories I grasped onto. Reading ...more
Nichole
Jun 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
It was hinted HEAVILY in the last book but I think Jack could be the sun card who has yet to be activated. I believe it will be jack who kills the emperor and finally becomes activated. I mean hasn't any one noticed that at the EXACT SAME TIME Evie said he didn't want to be with Jack the sun disappeared. I think after they get back together (because Jack's NOT dead) the sun will rise again!!

After Selena died I almost cried. I mean I didn't really like her in Poison Princess. But as her loyalty
Candice
Apr 14, 2015 marked it as to-read
team Aric all the way!! i hope jack stays gone, yea he's great but i like Aric more. Im also wondering if he survives will he be the mystery card that hasn't been activated, especially since Matty can not see his future...
Talltree
Dec 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: genre-pnr-uf
Epic! Can't wait for Arcana Rising (The Arcana Chronicles, #4) by Kresley Cole
Andrea
Jun 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-read, own-ebook
I liked being able to see all of the characters details in one place, but I didn't really care much for most of these stories. Evie's had mostly been covered in Poison Princess and I literally could not care about how much of a stalker Jackson is.

Tho I reall loved Circe's story and Aric's. But they are just precious in general. I'm really disappointed Finn didn't get a story?? Like excuse me! Lark's story was okay and so was Sol's. I'd really like to know more about Sol before the Flash in gene
That's Normal's B...: Day Zero MAIN DISCUSSION SPOILERS 9 72 Oct 14, 2017 04:32AM
Arcana.. Shush!!! 3 51 Jan 18, 2016 08:22PM
What's next 2 78 Aug 15, 2015 03:24PM
  • Flawless//Broken (All Things Sullied and Pure #1)
  • The Mephisto Mark (The Mephisto Covenant #3)
  • The Fire Sisters (Brilliant Darkness, #3)
  • Zeke's Letter to Allie
  • Shattered (Shade, #3.5)
  • Unrest (Unknown #2)
  • Kyo Kara MAOH!, Volume 03
  • Unholy Luck (Downside Ghosts, #6)
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
  • Wolf (Hellbound Lovers MC, #1)
  • Gustav Gloom and the Four Terrors (Gustav Gloom, #3)
  • Bound (Dark Reflections #1)
  • The Scribe (Mindjack Origins, #3)
  • WereSlave (Were Legends, #1)
  • Deception (Facets of Feyrie, #3)
  • Soulbroken (Legacy of Tril #2)
  • Untitled (Gone With the Respiration, #3)
  • Crazy For You (The Mephisto Covenant, #4)
Kresley Cole is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of the electrifying Immortals After Dark paranormal series, the young adult Arcana Chronicles series, the erotic Gamemakers series, and five award-winning historical romances.

A master’s grad and former athlete, she has traveled over much of the world and draws from those experiences to create her memorable characters and settings.
Her IAD bo

The Arcana Chronicles (6 books)
  • Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles, #1)
  • Endless Knight (The Arcana Chronicles, #2)
  • Dead of Winter (The Arcana Chronicles, #3)
  • Arcana Rising (The Arcana Chronicles, #4)
  • The Dark Calling (The Arcana Chronicles, #5)
  • From the Grave (The Arcana Chronicles, #6)
“If you ever doan like where you are, open a book, and it'll take you somewhere else. It's a kind of magic, cher.” 3 likes
“When I’d gotten older, she’d taught me to read on my own, telling me, “If you ever doan like where you are, open a book, and it’ll take you somewhere else. It’s a kind of magic, cher.” I” 2 likes