Start by marking “Cornelius (The Cornelius Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cornelius (The Cornelius Saga, #1)

Read Book

Cornelius

(Cornelius Saga Series #1)

A HAUNTED HOUSE. A LONELY GHOST. A SPINE-TINGLING, PARANORMAL TALE.

Thirteen-year-old Mira Cullen is very unhappy at home. She hates the way her emotionally unavailable father treats her mother--a woman who worships the ground he walks on. Michael, the family's patriarch, has real issues that prevent him from being the type of husband and father his family wishes he could b
Published February 12th 2015 (first published February 11th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Cornelius, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cornelius

August Is Azathoth The Haunted Reading Room
Review of Cornelius by Tanya Taylor

Okay, people, bring it on! I loved this tale! The book cover image of the abandoned house enraptured me, then the first mention of a plantation slaveowner ignited me, and I just raced through the book, turning the virtual pages as fast as my eyes could keep up. Yes, indeed--the very first instance of a haunted house story making me cry. I've been reading of hauntings since I was almost too tiny to hold a book, but I don't remember but once being this heart-touc
Rosemary
Cornelius - a review by Rosemary Kenny

When young siblings Mira and Wade trespass to pick fruit on an old abandoned plantation and enter the house - Mira gets a terrible shock.
Mistress of Paranormal Romance, Tanya R Taylor's haunting tale. Cornelius, starts the tragic saga that will stay in your mind for a very long time.

What does Mira see in the house? How does this event affect her? Does her family believe her? Why has the children's life become so hard?
When does Mira's father come to believe
Pennie
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is the first time reading one of Tanya R. Taylor's books and I have to admit, I wasn't disappointed. She is not new to the publishing world as she takes it by storm with fiction and non fiction genres. Amongst them, she writes mysteries, paranormal romance, religious thrillers, and science fiction just to name a few.

'Cornelius' is a gritty 'edge of your seat' tale of paranormal forces, so if chilling, suspenseful, and down right nail biting pleasure is your thing, (with a splash of romance)
Michelle
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
 This was quite a moving, and touching, read for me. We follow the brother and sister teenager duo, Wade and Mira, on a paranormal adventure that intertwines their lives with the fates of Karlen and Andy. The basis of the adventure unveils the history of the Cornelius plantation in all its brutal details that split the true love of Karlen and Andy. Mira is able to see the ghosts, one of which continuously visits her until Mira begins to delve into their pasts. All of the paranormal adventures al ...more
Elise Widrig
Jun 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Mira and Wade, were two kids, that decided to trespass onto Cornelius's plantation house one day. Upon investigating some of the rooms, Mira sees the ghost of a slave girl trapped in that house. The ghost ends up not staying in the house, but visits Mira constantly until Mira takes the ultimate leap of faith and finds the son of the ghost's lost love to reunite the two ghosts. This book touches upon several different things, such as unfaithful spouses and yet, the ability to change and forgive. ...more
Kim
Jun 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
One thing I truly appreciate about Ms. Taylor's writing is that she packs a lot into a few pages. Cornelius is less than 200 pages long, but the character and story development are excellent. Despite the fact that there are ghosts in the story, this isn't a horror/paranormal/supernatural book. Despite the mystery aspect, it's not a mystery, either. To me, it has the same feel as Michael McDowell's Blackwater series, and I can't pin that one down to a particular genre either, I just know that I l ...more
James Klabunde
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
The debut novel of a long and popular series.

Wade and Mira Cullen two teenage brother and sister explore a house that they were forbidden to go near. They soon find out that it is haunted by a young slave woman. When they return home they tell their parents and soon they all have seen the ghosts and start to try to find out the history of the house and to put the ghosts to rest. I have read different novels in the series I have found to vary in quality. Try it if you like it there is fourteen bo
Jill A
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every now and then ...a novel is penned that tells the story of how love ....given the right circumstances....can transcend evil....betrayal...tragedy ...time...and even death itself...“Cornelius” by Tanya R. Taylor is just such a tale...A tale of how forgiveness is the balm that soothes us all.
Tish
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kept me turning pages

I Needed a break from my regular reads, I'm not entirely sure how I stumbled across this series but I'm happy I did. Quick, engaging good storyline happy change of the norm off to grab book two ")
Estella
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enjoyed

At the end of this book, I had tears in my eyes. Two slaves, whose love lasted even after death. I got so involved with happenings of the C ullon family, I want to see what happens next. Are they going to see any more ghost?. A really good and well written book.
Brigitte
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book 📙

Wow. The writing in this book was so easy to follow. It just flows. I love the family connection. I felt so sick at the injustice of slavery and abuse. The Cullen family are very interesting.
Danielle Smith
Aug 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Not bad

I really liked the story, characters, and history in this book. It held my interest but not a real scary book in my opinion.
Jackie
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a story. Young siblings, Mira and Wade, come upon an abandoned house while trespassing to get fruit. They receive quite a shock. Loved it.
Vikki Brand
Nov 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was not sure when I started reading this book if I would like it, SURPRISE I loved it. Now I can't read the next one in this series. 😊😊
Barbra Athill
Feb 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Good read

I'm a fan of paranormal fiction and this book didn't disappoint. I felt it could have been a little more in depth as far as the story goes, but overall it was an ok read
Nahnita
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
pretty good. reads like a fan fiction short story, but kept my attention. I'm going to read the sequel now.
Bettyboop
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An entertaining goodread about a ghost killed for love. Her story comes to life years later and renews the love in a troubled marriage. Like love stories and ghost stories, you will enjoy this book.
Gabby Hillier
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ok so I just finished this book and it had me in tears at the end. At one point I was like ok the sad part is over then BAM here comes the tears again. Every person in the world hope to have fraction of the love that Andy and Karlen have for each other. Not even death can end there love for each other and that's where the Cullen family comes into play. Really this story is amazing and anyone would love it. so click away and get it.
Adela Ioana
Feb 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway
Heart-touching. Beautiful tale of paranormal romance, I enjoyed it until the last page. Karlen and Andy are my favorite characters, it is how I see the concept of true love. On the other hand, I really liked Michael for choosing the right path in the end, and Mira's maturity.
I would definitely read other books from the author.
Anthonia
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I truly enjoyed reading this book. This book tells how soul mates find one another again with help. This book is about love forgiveness and coming together at long last. I loved reading about Karlen and Andy and how they were reunited. Tanya has a way with writing this paranormal book and I would recommend people to read this book. It's one of a kind.
Carolyn
Dec 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Juvenile

Colloquial language that a person of that education would not speak. Moralizing. Sentimental. Simplistic. I wondered if it had been written by a teenager...a young teenager.
Wendy Zwin
Sep 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Good read recommend for family reading.

First book I read I truly recommend that the family was seen in a very positive way with a good story and history lesson.
Conny
Jan 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star-books
A little too much of everything. Predictable in some ways. But ok.
Enough for me to read part 2.
Sharyn Porter
Feb 28, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Wishing Well Curse
  • On the Edge: A Novel of Spiritual Warfare
  • Resurrect (Fuzed Trilogy #1)
  • Rapture's Rain
  • Caleb Vigilant (Chronicles of the Nephilim, #6)
  • Academy of Secrets: (Outcast Angels Series)
  • Abraham's Men (Birch Harbor, #2)
  • Operation Zulu Redemption: Out of Nowhere - Part 2
  • Light Under the House
  • The Nephilim: A Monster Among Us
  • The Gift of Empathy (The Gifts, #3)
  • The Strange Man (The Coming Evil, #1)
  • Stealth Power
  • Noah: Man of Destiny (The Remnant Trilogy #1)
  • The Tethered World (The Tethered World Chronicles, #1)
  • Genesis of a Hero (Angels Without Wings #0.5)
  • Raulin: Rise of the Forest King
  • Sons of Thunder (Sons of Thunder, #1)
Tanya R. Taylor is the author of both fiction and non-fiction literature, including two #1 bestsellers on Amazon - 'Cornelius' and the 'INFESTATION: A Small Town Nightmare' series. She writes in various genres including: Paranormal romance, science fiction, mystery and suspense.

Cornelius Saga Series (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Cornelius' Revenge (The Cornelius Saga, #2)
  • Cara (The Cornelius Saga, #3)
  • We See No Evil (The Cornelius Saga, #4)
  • The Contract: Murder in The Bahamas (The Cornelius Saga, #5)
  • The Lost Children of Atlantis (The Cornelius Saga, #6)
  • Death of an Angel (The Cornelius Saga, #7)
  • The Groundskeeper (The Cornelius Saga, #8)
  • Cara: The Beginning (The Cornelius Saga, #9)
  • The Disappearing House: A Cozy Paranormal Mystery (The Cornelius Saga Book 10)
  • Wicked Little Saints (The Cornelius Saga, #11)