Start by marking “Dirty Heart (Cole McGinnis, #6)” as Want to Read:
Dirty Heart (Cole McGinnis, #6)

Dirty Heart

(Cole McGinnis #6)

Final book in the Dirty Series arc.

Former LAPD detective Cole McGinnis’s life nearly ended the day his police partner and best friend Ben Pirelli emptied his service weapon into Cole and his then-lover, Rick. Since Ben turned his gun on himself, Cole thought he’d never find out why Ben tried to destroy him.

Years later, Cole has stitched himself back together. Now a private
Published March 18th 2016 by Dreamspinner Press LLC

Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

*TOTALLY SPOILER-FREE REVIEW*

4 stars for the story, 5 BIG stars for the audio narration, and 1,000,000 stars for how happy this series made me. 4.5 stars for my final rating.

I've been eagerly anticipating this book for over a YEAR. However, it was a total mixed emotions thing. See, this is the final book in a series that has become near and dear to my heart, and though I was excited to get another chapter in the story of Jae and Cole and FINALLY find out what motivated Ben to do what he did, I w
Jenni Lea
Jan 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing

*sobs* I can't believe it's over! I need, like, fourteen more epilogues. Then I'll be satisfied. Maybe.

WARNING! Long review is long!

Long, long ago, back in Ye Olden Tymes (ok, more like 2013) when I was but a wee unicorn, upon the advice of the beautiful Piper Vaughn I decided to crash GRL in Atlanta. I was nervous and timid and really out of my comfort zone because I was going to meet some of my favorite authors. To be honest, I was a bit starstruck. Oh, I put on a brave face when, really, I wa
Dalia

In the final book in the Cole McGinnis series everything's perfectly wrapped up.

Cole faces the sudden reappearance of his past that he's locked away and wants to keep everyone he loves safe from harm. Thankfully, he's not alone in this fight. He can always count on Jae, Ichi, Bobby, Mike, Scarlet, as well as Claudia, to be there for him whenever he needs them.

I could talk for hours about how wonderful this book was. I adored all the emotions, characters and romance. The mystery was engaging, and
Shile
I can't believe:

5++++++ stars for the Audio book and the whole series

What an enjoyable Mystery-Romance Series.

Greg Tremblay *Le SIGH*

description

- I enjoyed this series so much.

-Cole and Jae are permanently added to my favorite couple list.

-The writing was good as always and when the mystery about Ben's motive was revealed, i was like:

description

I had it all wrong! and that made me giddy. It added to my enjoyment since my prediction was off. Finally we got that out of the way.

-Good to see Ichi and Bobby still going s
BWT (Belen)
ETA 4/8/2016 for audio book.

I just finished listening to this and I have only a few things to say.

First, Greg Tremblay was a perfect choice for narrator of this series. He made this series such a pleasure for me to enjoy and listen to.

If you're wondering if you should get this audio? Yes. A thousand times...YES. It's worth it for the llama scene alone, but thankfully it's just as perfect all the way through as the story is.

I will miss these characters, but am so happy I have all the audios to ke
Meep
So I loved it - but it was horrible because with every page turn I knew I was getting nearer to the end of the series. The books have so much character and I've enjoyed my time with each of them. Truly I read this as slow as I could!

You definitely need to read the series is order, there's complicated tangled links and every story takes you a step deeper, with a lot of the pleasure being from watching the characters and relationships develop.

Plot wise I found this the fastest paced of the series;
Barbara➰
This was actually the best of the series in my opinion. I love Cole and Jae together. It's hard to believe this is the end. I'd love to see more of them.

I was glad to see some closure for Cole regarding Ben though it shocked me a bit especially since Cole didn't have a clue. I wish we had got to see Cole and Jae get married. Those two deserve a break. I also was hoping the baby would come.

Overall, it's been a great series and I've enjoyed bingeing on it.
Chelsea
4.5 HEARTS

Greg Tremblay…

I have binge listened to this series over the past 6 weeks and the fact that I'm still not sick of listening to Tremblay's voice after 40ish hours of listening to him, is saying something about his talent.

I said this in my review for Dirty Kiss, but Tremblay's voice for Cole is amazing, not because of the type of voice he uses but the inflection he has and the way he accentuates certain words. I wish I could copy and paste sections of his narration and put it here as an
Susan
Mar 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
Spoiler free review!

BR with partner in crime, Els.

I loved this!

description

What an excellent ending to this series. I think Rhys Ford did a great job.

description

We got it all, a confusing mystery (as always), lots of guns going off, Cole running into danger head first, lots of romance and of course a lovely HEA.

This is the first Cole McGinnis book I actually read. I only listened to the other books (several times). And I did miss Greg while reading this. I cannot wait for the audio to do it all over again.

But I did lo
Jenni Lea

What the hell am I supposed to listen to now?
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥

Since I've gotten my arc copy, I've read this 4 times already. I'm dedicated. I did not want to right a review for this, I just don't want this to be a last full novel for Cole. I don't even know all the words to describe how I feel right now. It's currently a full week until release day and I just scrapped my previous review. This last book is on a non-stop loop in my head. Everything has come full circle for Cole in this book. We get to find out why Ben decided to kill him all those years ago.
Wendy
4.5.png (1600×409):

This book was the wonderful end of a wonderful series. What am I gonna do with myself now that I have finished this series. I'm gonna miss these guys so much !!!

watdoidotumblr_m1gsl0ryyc1rrx8xeo7_r1_250.gif (245×145)

I was a bit dissapointed with the previous book (Bobby and Ichy), because there was a lack of people getting shot and action. Thankfully that wasn't the case with this book. There was plenty of shooting going around

kenny.gif (288×192)

Cole and Jae were their usually HOT selves....

21459224.gif (500×263)

And we finally got an answer to the question...why did Ben go batshit crazy !!
Mary
Apr 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What's great about this book is that we've been waiting for the mystery of Rick's murder and Ben's death to be revealed. We, like Cole, want to know the why and while it's still important, it almost takes a backseat to the love that we've witnessed grow between Cole and Jae. These two men went from lust to love to hopeful to forever and the rock-solid, put-down-roots ending, made the scary dips in the road so worth the trip. At some point in the book, I was scared for everyone and I held my brea ...more
Jewel
Wow, wow, wow! What a fantastic wrap up for the series! I'll try to come back and review more properly, but until then -- just wow.
* A Reader Obsessed *
Wow. That was one seriously f*@#ed up reveal. I mean, I kinda knew what to expect. One can't not have certain assumptions regarding Cole's past, but the truth still hurts and shocks and devastates.

Regardless, Cole has gone full circle. He's been through personal hell on more fingers than he can count, and has slowly returned to living his life fully. And it shows. It's seen through every relationship he has, and of course most importantly, with Jae. Both of them have endured so much, and truly,
Marte - Thunderella

**** 4,5 Dirty stars ****

Audio edition, narrator Greg Tremblay
7 hours 19 minutes

Overall: 4,5
Performance: 5
Story: 4

For those who haven't read the book yet, there are slight spoilers in this review, hence it being behind a spoiler tag.

(view spoiler)
Maja (The Nocturnal Library)
Finishing a favorite series never really means saying goodbye, at least not for me. If I’m attached enough to the characters, I often revisit them and read my favorite parts just to feel close to them once again. I must have read every one of the first five Cole McGinnis books at least three or four times and I don’t see why Dirty Heart would be any different.

Rhys Ford has kept her secrets very well for a long time now. We’ve been dancing around the mystery of Cole’s past for years now and alth
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

Well, that was impressive. In the final book to the Cole McGinnis series, Rhys Ford delivers everything a reader could want! DIRTY HEART takes what Ford has built throughout this entire series and almost amps up everything. The action, the humor, the suspense and also the romance all improved in this book. I found that I enjoyed the other books in the series but this last and final book seemed to be the best in the series. Ford really upped her game with this one.

From the opening chapter, read
❀~Amy~❀
So sad it's over again. This is definitely one of my favorite series ever!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's here, it's here, it's here!!! Awesome audiobook time!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I had intended to listen to this last book in the series over the course of my work week. My commute is my audiobook time and I wanted to draw this listen out. I didn't want the series to be over because I am so not ready to say goodbye to these characters that I have grown to love.
Susan Nicol
Feb 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love Rhys’ Cole McGinnis series and Dirty Heart was no exception. It ends Cole’s and Jae’s story the only way it could, and Rhys uses her trademark snark and devious plotting to bring this series to its finale. Murder, violence, llamas (too funny!), new and existing relationships, and some explanations – they are all present in this book, written with Rhys’ inimitable style and talent. Anyone wanting closure on Cole’s story will be very pleased with the result. And that’s about all I’m telling ...more
Alisa
Apr 17, 2015 rated it really liked it

I know they're not real people but I'm SO sad to say goodbye to these characters. Really good ending. Full review to come.
FantasyLiving
It is hard to believe that this series is over. I have been caught up in it ever since I bought a discounted copy of Dirty Kiss from a ARe sale in January last year. I’ve read some of this series in print, and listened to some of this series on audio, and each story gave more depth to Cole and Jae-Min.

This journey was epic. Rhys Ford is epic. There are very few writers I have read that give you a complete sensory experience. This is one of the things that makes Rhys Ford stand out as an excepti
Gigi
Mar 20, 2016 marked it as dnr-dnf-not-4-me
Please see my review of Dirty Kiss for the reason I am not reading.
Lisa The Novel Approach
Mar 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Back in July of 2011, I accepted a book for review from Dreamspinner Press. This book was penned by a new author in the M/M genre, and if you ask me now why I chose to read it, I couldn’t rightly tell you—although, it probably had a lot to do with the book’s title. Rhys Ford had me at Dirty Kiss, and she sealed my love for Cole McGinnis the moment a rifle toting leather granny chased his delightful ass over a fence.

From that moment on, those of us who’ve followed this series have watched Cole ge
Simone
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing

5 emotionally laden stars

My journey with Cole McGinnis and Kim Jae-Min began almost a year ago with Dirty Kiss and I fell in love with this series after I read the first page. Back then, it started with a pursuit and I remember laughing my head off, reading this scene where Cole was chased by an elderly woman with a shotgun down a backyard.

The whole series was not only funny, but also suspenseful and very emotional. It broke my heart more than once because of Cole and Jae and what they had to go
Cindi
If you've not read the other books in this series don't pick this one up. You won't get it and the story will likely make little sense to you. The first five books (and the shorts in between) build up to what happens in Dirty Heart.

This is the book fans have been waiting on. It all started in Dirty Kiss when we were introduced to Cole McGinnis. Cole was dealing with the loss of the love of his life and his best friend, who was responsible for that loss. Cole met Jae later and the series has foc
Karen
Good-bye Cole McGinnis

'Dirty Heart' is the final book in a series that grabbed the attention of a good number of readers of the m/m genre by then new author, Rhys Ford. It's been a hella' good and exciting journey from start to sadly the finish. With this book Ms Ford has given us the answers to questions that have plagued Cole McGinnis, the main character of these stories from the very beginning.

Ironically my introduction to the writings of Rhys Ford came with her series Sinner's Gin, but I l
Bev
 photo reviewing_audiobooks_icon_zpsfdtqfy0w.jpg

Well, I have to be honest and say I didn't enjoy this one as much as some of the others in the series, but the laughs and the tears and the pop culture references were still there, and I LOVED the possible ending. Greg's narration was superb as usual, and you could've knocked me down with a feather when we finally discovered what was in Ben's letter to Cole, just never expected it.

photo sad smiley face 1_zps6ze0ej48.jpeg

Sad times ahead without Cole, Jae, Bobby, Ichi, Mike and Mad Dog and especially Scarlet and Claudia...but you nev
Bitchie
This was a great ending to a favorite series, I'm sad to see Cole and Jae and the gang go!

I'm not quite sure I got all the aspects of the mystery this time, if it didn't all come together, or if I just missed something somewhere, but it was all so engaging, that I just don't even care.

I love how much Cole, and especially Jae, have grown since book 1.
Jilrene
The narration is amazing. The story just meh. By the end, I just didn't care. I hate when that happens.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
The Backlot Gay B...: Dirty Heart, by Rhys Ford 1 12 May 09, 2016 07:17PM
Thank you to everyone. 3 16 Mar 25, 2016 07:26AM

• Red Fish, Dead Fish (Fish Out of Water, #2)
  • Six Degrees of Separation (By Degrees, #2)
  • A Solitary Man
  • Heat Trap (The Plumber’s Mate, #3)
  • The Merchant of Death (Playing the Fool, #2)
  • Corruption (Diversion #3)
  • Smoke & Mirrors (THIRDS, #7)
  • Brothers in Arms (The Broken Road Cafe #2)
  • Undertow (Infected #7)
  • A Casual Weekend Thing (Least Likely Partnership, #1)
  • Tied Up in Knots (Marshals, #3)
  • How to Save a Life (The Haven, #1)
  • Learning Curve (Life Lessons, #4)
  • Fair Chance (All's Fair, #3)
  • Home the Hard Way
  • To Catch A Fox (Fox Mysteries, #1)
  • Cross & Crown (Sidewinder, #2)
Rhys Ford is an award-winning author with several long-running LGBT+ mystery, thriller, paranormal, and urban fantasy series and was a 2016 LAMBDA finalist with her novel, Murder and Mayhem. She is published by Dreamspinner Press and DSP Publications.

She’s also quite skeptical about bios without a dash of something personal and really, who doesn’t mention their cats, dog and cars in a bio? She sha

Cole McGinnis (6 books)
  • Dirty Kiss (Cole McGinnis, #1)
  • Dirty Secret (Cole McGinnis, #2)
  • Dirty Laundry (Cole McGinnis, #3)
  • Dirty Deeds (Cole McGinnis, #4)
  • Down and Dirty (Cole McGinnis, #5)