Start by marking “Instigation (Clandestine Affairs, #1)” as Want to Read:
Instigation (Clandestine Affairs, #1)

Instigation (Clandestine Affairs #1)

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  379 Ratings  ·  95 Reviews
Breaking up is hard to do.

Three years after her life changed forever, Gabriella Latham finally has it all. Killer job [if working for her boyfriend counts]. Killer closet [even if she doesn't technically own any of it]. Killer boyfriend [who refuses to let her leave him, even when she tries]. Unfortunately for her, the last part isn't hyperbole. She just doesn't know it
Published April 20th 2015 by CreateSpace

*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author in Exchange for an Honest Review}
(BR with Mel)

Last night, she showed the purity of her heart and the depth of her strength. She's so much more than I ever expected, and as I watch her, I realize I've never wanted anyone more. I never will.

photo dc57be40d3914d896774195d09ad6836_zpswjrc62pg.jpg

Gabriella Latham is a young woman who has suffered great loss and finds herself trying to start a new life in a new city, but feels utterly alone. Until she meets a handsome stranger in a coffee shop. Adri
Christy
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
 photo d67a9556-94f4-4218-a461-3066e967ccdd_zps403ssd7v.jpg

I’ve read all of Tessa’s books, and this is so different from anything else she's done. I applaud her going out of the box and writing something different. Instigation had a little romance, but more than anything it packed tons of heat and suspense!

Gabriella (Brie) is a woman who was alone in the world. After she lost her parents, she had no one. Then she met Adrian. She fell in love and thought that was it- she’d never be alone again. Slowly but surely, her life wrapped up in his. The identit
Jennifer Kyle
Apr 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

description

This is my first book by Tessa Teevan and at first I thought it was a bit sappy for my tastes until she kicked in the mysterious aspect and then she had me hooked. Although the main character is pretty weak I liked the idea of this older orphan falling for the rich alluring man who swoops in and seems to take care of her.

”My very own American Prince Charming. He wanted to take care of me, and I wanted to let him. What a fool I was.”

The story got interesting when Adrian starts to chan
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
(BR with Patty)

photo ef7a2f10-6671-4b53-bf16-a84a28556d24_zpspxkkxbw1.jpg

photo 18005d36-b63f-4ca1-b7af-6dd37722592a_zpsv7rwgmfi.jpg

photo 3de7519a-009f-411f-8e5a-b760b6c3cbc0_zpsttcjjumg.jpg

Gabriella Latham aka Brie is a 22 yr. old woman living in Philadelphia. She is lonely since she lost her parents, and struggles to get by. She meets a gorgeous, wealthy, sophisticated businessman named Adrian Morningstar. He is everything she's ever wanted in a man, and she falls fast and hard for him.

photo c626fd11-3efd-42f4-b6b6-6dcaf8014a78_zpsifimvnt6.jpg

Adrian is almost too good to be true, and is like her prince charming sent to rescue her and give her the world. Brie was so happy
Tessa Teevan
Jan 25, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Release day: 4/20!!

Teaser Trailer made by the amazing Michelle Tan from Four Chicks Flipping Pages---> I cannot wait for y'all to meet Adrian, Gabriella, and Rafe!

Catarina
3,5 Instigating Stars.

Brie met Adrian after dealing with a great loss and in a very dark moment of her life. For a while he was everything she needed and the perfect prince charming. Until he changed to a cold, mysterious cheater and not the man she once loved. In the day she decides to end things for good and he goes on a business trip. Then she meets Rafe, the constructor that are building something Adrian wants in the mansion, and something they feel attracted to each other.
But as feelings
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange of honest review

[image error]

When Tessa Teevan first told me that she was going to write a serial, I was like "YES, I can't wait!!" And then she told me it will be a romantic suspense and will have a major cliffhanger. My immediate reaction was like "OMG WHAT!!! Tessa Teevan is going to write a romantic suspense and there is going to be a cliffhanger!!!" If you are familiar with her work, then you would know this is not the typical romance stories that we are
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
4.5 Rafe Instigated Me Stars!

*ARC provided per author in exchange for honest review*
**please note quotes used may differ from published work**

Instigation starts a new series for author Tessa Teevan and while it is quite the departure from her previous books it is no less than stellar. This romantic suspense is the story of a young beauty Gabriella Latham and how she fell into the arms of the wealthy Adrian Morningstar who is both powerful and sexy. The story is fast and takes on the modern day C
Beverly
Feb 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have read all of Tessa’s books and up until now her stories have been safe, minimal drama, steamy - perfect for me. Instigation is so different, but I am intrigued, hooked, otherwise can’t wait for more!

When we first meet Gabriella she is at a crossroads since she just finished school and is looking for a job. Orphaned by her parents just a few years prior she is completely alone in the world. That’s why when she meets a charming, successful, handsome Adrian is completely entranced.

Years later
Jacqueline's Reads
Mar 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 Nothing-is-what-it-Seems Stars

This is my second Tessa Teevan book. I read Combust and loved it. I gave Combust five stars. I also think she is an adorable and is a sweet author. Tessa Teevan is known for her lighter romance books. Instigation is darker. I wouldn’t call it a dark read, just not as light as she usually writes.

I read Instigation blindly, meaning I didn’t read the summary prior to starting it. A few things about me, I do not like prologues, love triangles or highly narrative wri
Polly
Feb 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Get your copy today! LIVE!!! Only .99 through release day

Instigation (Clandestine Affairs, Book 1)

This book is unlike anything Tessa has ever written. It has suspense, steam, and some anger inducing moments.

It kept me guessing the whole time and I still have no clue what it is going on and yet I LOVE that!!

Pick up your copy today!
Diana's
Totally different from anything I've read by Tessa Teevan ~ Loved it as well!

WOW so this one came totally out of left field!!
Plot, Style of writing and Vibe..
Definitely unexpected...

Full Review Here...

photo 10011188_zps6wkhdsvr.gif

Talk about left hanging....

photo hang-in-there_zps6d4b1216.gif

Need the next one NOW!!!

www.bookaholicconfessions.com

Amy
Mar 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating: 4.5 Stars!

What an exciting read! This book had my curiosity from the very first page. I was hooked, wanting to know what would happen next. Instigation follows the story of Gabriella, Adrian and Rafe. Gabriella thought she had found the perfect man: handsome, rich, attentive. Adrian was everything she thought she wanted. Until one day, things started to change. No longer was Adrian the perfect boyfriend. Gone is the amazing attentive man, in his place is an edgy, cold, distant ma
Sam
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WHAT IN THE EVER LOVING........
Holy god damn!!!!!!!!!!! This book, Tessa's writing, the characters, the plot, the EVERYTHING! I just can't! And THAT ENDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My poor kindle is still suffering a concussion! GODDAMIT! I just.....I need the second book.....STAT!!!! (Full review to come)
Elle the ClosetRomanceReader aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*Complimentary ARC received from author*

I’m a little torn about this one…

I like it quite a bit, really. The premise sounded interesting. Gabriella was with one man until things started to change, then she met another man…

The opening immediately makes you wonder what the heck is going on. Shortly after, you can tell there’s definitely more there than meets the eye. It gets more interesting as Rafe is introduced, making you wonder some more what his angle is.

I enjoyed how everything is being laid
Mara De Guzman
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing

5 Rafe Stars
ARC received from the lovely author for an honest review
Review also posted on Mara's Bookshelf
Still only $0.99!

I’m going to start this review by saying that this is unlike any of the previous books written by Tessa Teevan. From sweet and funny to charming and sexy and now, suspenseful and intriguing, Instigation is a sure book that will leave you hanging on to every word that Tessa Teevan writes.

Gabriella “Brie” Latham is a young woman who has no one in her life. Being an only chil
Geri Reads
3.5 intriguing stars!

One of the things that attracted me to this book was this statement in the blurb..."Nothing is quite as it seems, and this is only the beginning." I knew this book is going to play with my head and my emotions and I was right because at the end of this book, I had more questions than answers.

The book opens with heart-stopping prologue, which opens a whole slew of questions. Chapter one goes back to the time when Gabriella meets Adrian. A handsome and wealthy patron of the co
Anjee
Feb 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This novel was not at all what I expected, and that is exactly why I thought this story was great. It started off in the typical guy meets girl instant world romance, but it turned out to be so much more then I could have ever imagined it being.
I knew something was going to be amiss when I read the prologue, and oh did it intrigue the heck out of me! We have Gabriella the lead heroine in the story whom is struggling to find herself years after her parents both died. She is lonely, working a med
Karrie
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
First off...let me just say...Tessa Teevan kills prologues!!! I mean, she never ceases to deliver...always sucks me in within the first few sentences!!! Blows me away EVERY TIME!!!

Now that I have that out there...moving on!!

I went into this book, like I do most books...somewhat blind! Other than knowing that it was a Tessa Teevan book, that was different from her norm, and there was a cliffhanger...I was a blank slate.

HO-LEEEE SHIT!!!

At first I was a little thrown off by Brie...I wasn't sure wha
Tiffany Willams
Aug 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
"Use your words."

Holy Freaking Crap!!!

From the prologue alone I was immediatly hooked to this story! It was suspensful and mysterious. You had to know what led Gabriella to the situation she was currently in.

Gabriella was a girl that had a tragic past and seemed to have a future that was going nowhere. That was until she met Adrian Morningstar. He made her feel wanted, desired, and no longer alone.

"My very own American Prince Charming. He wanted to take care of me, and I wanted to let him. What
London
description
Title: Instigation (Clandestine Affairs #1)
Author: Tessa Teevan
Rating: 2.75 stars
POV: Dual
HEA: (view spoiler)
Heat/Steam3/5
Cliffhanger: . yes.
Taboo Subject Matter .abuse.
Cheating: (view spoiler)
Bianca
Brilliant. Consuming. Insanely Addicting.

Full review to come.
Cassie
Jan 10, 2015 marked it as to-read
That prologue in the back of "Intoxicate (Explosive #4) was a big tease... :(

C'mon Springtime!!
Ally Stbm
Apr 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Instigation by Tessa Teevan is easily a 5 star read. Tessa really blew me away with her writing ability here! The storyline is quite complex and truthfully brilliant in its originality and twists. I wasn’t quite sure what to expect for these characters when I read the synopsis but I think any expectations I had were blown away. This isn’t your typical insta-love fairytale romance, this story has depth and really sucks you right in and keeps you guessing as to what is going to happen. I found mys ...more
Jenna
Mar 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, favorite-authors
Solid 4.5 stars. Loved this side of Tessa and I need MORE!

I loved Instigation! This was very different from what Tessa normally writes and it works! This book is full of suspense and steamy sex! I have to admit I am torn between Adrian and Rafe. Which I understand makes me completely crazy! But that is okay!
There is some kind of secret that Adrian has been keeping from Brie and I don't think it is what we have been lead to believe! I feel like he has some explaining to do.
While I loved Rafe, I
Ashley
Apr 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing

"He doesn't kiss me like he owns me. He kisses me as if he cherishes me, not as if I am some stranger he just encountered."

Tessa Teevan takes her brilliant mind to a whole new level in this suspense filled story that will have you holding your breath one minute and screaming a few pages later.

Tessa keeps you hooked and you won't want to stop. I cannot wait for more!

5 stars!!!
M A R I G O L D
May 02, 2015 rated it it was ok
This book received quite a few raving reviews so I was excited to get stuck into the story. That said - I found it difficult to read. The female lead was irritating and the story didn't flow nicely for me. It had all the ingredients for a great story but I just couldn't get into it. Sorry! It might be for you though! Loads of people loved it. I'm in the minority here!
Stacy
LOVED!
Megan  ~The Never Ending Book Basket
When I started reading this book, I knew just from the synopsis that it was going to be something different than I had read before. I was ready for that because I love me something different. I also knew it was going to be something very different than anything I’d ever read from Tessa Teevan before. That had me very curious, as I’ve LOVED all of her other books, and I was curious how this one would be.

I knew all of that going into Instigation, but I did not realize how wholly enrapturing this s
Lustful Literature
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
**BETH'S REVIEW**

Gabriella Latham’s life tragically changed one night three years ago when her parents were killed in a robbery gone wrong. She was left alone, heartbroken with nothing or no one. In trying to move on, she moves to Philadelphia, a place she thinks will help her feel closer to her parents. She lands a receptionist position and lives a life where she is barely surviving on what little she makes. All that changes the moment she meets Adrian Morningstar, who whisks her off her feet,
Goodreads Librari...: Cover Photo Delete Request 5 31 Jan 19, 2015 10:53AM
  • Camouflage (Predator and Prey, #1)
  • Out of the Ashes (Out of the Ashes, #1)
  • Between Shadows (Assassins, #1)
  • Roman's Redemption (Roman, #2)
  • The Darkest Descension (Breaking Insanity, #3)
  • Pretty Pink Ribbons (A Touch of Fate, #2)
  • Mia's Journey
  • Releasing Kate (Acceptance, #2)
  • Translucent (Luminous, #1)
  • Promise It All (Blinded by Love, #2)
  • Path of Destruction (Broken Heartland, #2)
  • Pushing the Line (The Line, #4)
  • Heights of Desire (Heightsbound, #1)
  • Strip Teaser (Naked Nights, #1)
  • Yours to Savor
  • Escaped Artist (Untamed #3)
  • Denying Mr. Parks (Parks #1)
  • First and Goal (Moving the Chains, #1)
Tessa is a twenty-something book junkie who's also obsessed with sports. She's a research analyst by day, writer by night, and married to her best friend for over a decade. If she's not writing, you can probably find her curled up with her Kindle and a glass of wine or cheering on the Reds, Bengals, and Buckeyes!
More about Tessa Teevan

Clandestine Affairs (2 books)
  • Escalation (Clandestine Affairs, #2)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be