Start by marking “Feathers #1 (Feathers #1)” as Want to Read:
Feathers #1 (Feathers #1)

Feathers #1 (Feathers #1)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  57 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
A recluse boy born covered in feathers must help his first ever friend, a young girl named Bianca, as she tries to return to her home beyond the slums of the Maze. They must dodge street gangs and child snatchers along the way, and perhaps together will learn the secrets to his mysterious past.
Published January 7th 2015 by Boom! Studios

To ask other readers questions about Feathers #1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Feathers #1

MerryMeerkat

5 Stars, buy it

It seems I tend to rate really high. So be it I guess. I can’t help knowing what i like. This is the story of Poe, a young chidl who was born with feathers. A man name Gabriel takes care of him. There is also a young girl named Bianca, who escapes from her rich parents and is hiding out with Poe. I assume they become friends. In any case,I really like the art, its well done. I always like dark colors. The writing is great and the art is fantastic. I can’t wait to see where this go
Venus
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review originally posted on Children's Atheneum

Bianca is a child of the city, safe behind the walls that separate their city from the maze outside. All her life Bianca has been warned about the riff-raff that lives in the maze, yet when she has the opportunity to visit, she uses it to run away and have an adventure. Little does she know, but that adventure is full of peril and a boy with feathers.

Reminding me of a Skellig, but with far more fantasy elements, Feathers is a wonderful graphic novel
The Brothers
Asher (10yo) read. "Very cool. This kid was born with feathers and he helps the "Little Mice" get away from the police. Once, the chief takes his daughter to see the city and she runs away. She's going to be captured by the police, but then Feathers rescues her. And that's how they meet. They go on an adventure to stop the bad guy from taking all the children (Little Mice)."

Dexter (7yo) read. "My favorite part is at the end when Feathers were rescuing all the Little Mice."
Erin Sterling
Great graphic novel about a city in which poorer prime live inside the maze and richer people live inside a walled city. A boy with feathers is adopted by a man but told never to let other people see him but when kids start to go missing and suspect him--the ghost--he ends up teaming up with a girl who runs away from the city and another kid. Love the illustrations and great for Treena's and adults alike.
Tracie
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Seperated by a wall, Poe and Bianca live two different lives. Poe lives a hardscrabble life in hiding as is different and she lives in privilege wanting little. Their friendship is forged as they work together to thwart an evil presence who is stealing the "mice" or children from Poe's side of the wall. First in a series.
Jean-Marie
Jan 09, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic, all-ages, adventure
This is a fun new series we picked up at our comic book store this week for my 11- and 7-year old. I read that Jorge Corona created this series as part of his course at the Savannah College of Art and Design. So far it's an interesting story and great artwork. We are adding this one to our weekly subscription.
Ariel
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 out of 5. The overall plot was good. I found myself wanting more details and was a but confused for most of the story. I do like graphic novels and including them in my classroom library. This is one that I am thinking about adding as it is !more substantial than many graphic novels.
Great Books
Apr 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ages-9-11
reviewer #24

Poe was found abandon in the streets by and old man who understands why he has feathers. Bianca is a child raised in the clean city. Together they champion for the “maze rats”, who live outside the city why learning Poe’s true origins.
Racheal Paquette
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
A download from ListenUp Vermont, this graphic novel is about a feathered boy named Poe who roams the rooftops of a fictional city he calls home. It was a short read since it is split up into 4 different downloads so on to the next one!
Mallory
Aug 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
The artwork is so cool and the story is interesting. I really want to read the rest of the series to figure out more of the world building.
Amanda Workman
Feb 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lovely 1st installment.
Rainey
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
An outcast and a modern "princess" smash up in this kicking adventure. I can't wait to see what happens!
I'm intrigued by this storyline, and I really like the art.
Lisa Rucki
Apr 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Inventive story with a classic underlying story of struggle between the elite and the lower class. The main character is likable and clever. You root for him from frame one.
Alice Kuhn