Start by marking “Skid (Occupational Hazards, #3)” as Want to Read:
Skid (Occupational Hazards, #3)

Skid (Occupational Hazards #3)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  238 Ratings  ·  27 Reviews
Blissfully unaware that Atlantica Flight 1945 from Atlanta to Amsterdam is about to make aviation history, First Officer Danny McSweeney focuses his energies on navigating the turbulent personalities of an eccentric female captain, a co-pilot with a talent for tactless comments and conspiracy theories, and a lead flight attendant with an outsized attitude that definitely e ...more
Published May 20th 2008 by WaterBrook

To ask other readers questions about Skid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skid

Steve
Aug 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was cleverly written. I read Rene Gutteridge's "Boo" series of books and enjoyed those thoroughly. These however are much quirkier and have a more interesting band of characters, from a "dead" lady, a pig, and a diamond smuggler to a disgruntled flight attendant and jilted girlfriend. There is enough here to keep you entertained. It's not too deep, it's not too long, it's a great fun book and I look forward to reading the rest of the series.
Meredith Adams
Feb 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-club
Fabulous!! It was full of fun and thought-provoking ideas at the same time from cover to cover. It is a little confusing at first but totally worth the time it takes to get into the main plot. If you like reading about pigs, women who seem dead, and a little diamond theft on an airplane, you will love this book!
Ruth Jessen
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When pigs fly...

This book was hilarious! Without giving anything away...well, it's funny, tense, and awesome. I cannot wait to read the rest of the series.
Ruth
Feb 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Skid is, hands down, the best entry in Rene Gutteridge's Occupational Hazards series and probably a close second - maybe even tied for first - with my favorite Gutteridge novel, My Life as a Doormat: In Three Acts. Hank is the third Hazard sibling to have his career misadventures chronicled in this series and he is the most fully realized, interesting, and sympathetic sibling to be featured to date. After a brief introduction in Snitch where he helped his police officer sister break up an auto t ...more
Jessie Weaver
Jun 22, 2014 rated it liked it
Pilot Danny McSweeney is wrapped up in a recent split from his fiancée when he prepares to board an international flight to Amsterdam where he will act as First Officer.

What he didn't expect was a flight full of crazies: a pilot who famously landed in the Bermuda Triangle and peppers her windshield with Post-It notes; a crew that includes a flight attendant with hot flashes and another officer with hypoglycemia and a cutting tongue; a woman traveling with her pig; a criminal being escorted back
Jenny
Sep 30, 2013 rated it it was ok
This was a bizarre book. It started out with a scene from the Hazard clown business, which seemed to have no relevance to the rest of the book. Is this something that makes more sense when you read more of this series?

In addition, the story was funny and I definitely learned more about how places fly - but then God starts factoring into the story?! One character talking about God makes sense but there are three men who suddenly start spouting how God is the only thing that matters in life. One o
Ashley Townsend
Jul 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love Rene's Occupational Hazards series, and this one did not disappoint. I traveled to Canada and brought it along as a light read, and the flight attendant laughed aloud when he saw the cover (I stand by my claim that it wasn't a bad omen to bring it along). The first half was very enjoyable, but the real gut laughs started about halfway through. I mean, a crazed hog with a penchant for chewing plastic and sedatives, hot flashing flight attendants, a serious case of the hiccups, and crazines ...more
Dan Salerno
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this one from Rene Gutteridge. It's from her Occupational Hazard series. This one details a rather peculiar air flight that includes a diamond thief, someone smuggling diamonds onto the flight to return them to his grandmother, and a distraught passenger who brings a trained pig on board with her. If you liked any of the other two books in this series, you'll enjoy this one!
Nadine
Sep 08, 2012 rated it liked it

I love Rene Gutteridge books, having said that I could only give this 3 stars which is still good to my standards. I found this book funny but not like her other books. Maybe I loved the "BOO" series so much it may have tainted this book. Still liked it though and can't wait to see the movie. Happy Reading :)
Lisa
Aug 22, 2008 rated it it was ok
This book should probably get 1 1/2 stars, but there is no option for that. Despite the fact that it isn't a great book, very formulaic and completely unrealistic, it was perfect for the 2 days I was sick with a cold and needed something easy and distracting.
Kelly
Mar 03, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian, mystery
Another cute installment about one of the Hazard children from Rene Gutteridge. This one involving Hank being an undercover agent for an airline to see how their customer service is. As usual in the lives of the Hazard children the unexpected happens and hilarity ensues.
Guan Jie Fung
Mar 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Perfect book! It is a hilarious book! :3 Like it says on the cover the laughing never stops until the wheels touch the tarmac! I recommend it to anyone who likes planes or humor type books. It is a MUST read for Caleb and Jacob.
Tanya
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
I thought this was a fun story. I've really been enjoying this series. Although I'm reading them slightly out of order, since I accidentally grabbed books 1 & 3 rather than 1 & 2. I like that its kind of lighthearted and funny.
Jaime
Aug 04, 2010 rated it really liked it
Everything that could happen on a transatlantic flight, happened in this story! And even with a different structure from Scoop, this still incorporated another Hazard sibling -- Hank -- in an entertaining way.
Raquel
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was ok
I'm sorry. It's hard to write a book so I hate to be critical but this was hard to get into. What was the first chapter about?
Kristin Young
Oct 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
SO funny! I LOL'd many times. Great characters! I have never read a book so quickly. Totally recommend.
Pam
Aug 03, 2008 rated it liked it
Cute.
17rc
Jul 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
BEST OF THE SERIES! It is also being made into a movie—I can hardly wait!
Diane
Jan 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
Light, fun and easy reading. The "Occupational Hazards" is a cute series but doesn't quite reach the fun of the "Boo" series. Still worth the read.
Cathleen
Jun 15, 2008 rated it it was ok
Shelves: faith, humor
1 1/2 stars? There's humor, and then there's just silliness. This is most definitely the latter.
Bethie (Libby)
May 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
Very funny - but I wish that there could have been more at the end.
Sandra
Apr 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Fun, just plain fun.
Jeanne
Jul 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommended to Jeanne by: Nancy Olson
This is a very light-hearted, funny book with a serious undertone. I enjoyed it.
Lèrowen
Dec 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book not to mention the whole series. Fun, meaningful, and completly enjoyable. I would add this book to my shelf.
Devin Schindele
Nov 02, 2012
Ann
Apr 21, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • A Shred of Evidence (Seaport Suspense #1)
  • Seaside
  • The Buck Stops Here (The Million Dollar Mysteries, #5)
  • Dangerous Depths (The Aloha Reef Series #3)
  • Fatal Deduction
  • Deep Harbor
  • Fair Warning (Hideaway, #5)
  • It's a Green Thing (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Maya, #2)
  • The Elevator
  • A Touch of Betrayal (Treasures of the Heart #3)
Rene Gutteridge is the award-winning and best-selling author of more than eighteen novels, including the beloved Boo Series and Heart of the Country, her novelization release with director John Ward and Tyndale House Publishers. Her recent suspense titles include Listen, Possession and the award-winning Seven Hours project Escapement. She's been published by Bethany House, Tyndale House, WaterBroo ...more
More about Rene Gutteridge...

Occupational Hazards (3 books)
  • Scoop (Occupational Hazards, #1)
  • Snitch (Occupational Hazards, #2)