Start by marking “Found: God's Peace: Experience True Freedom from Anxiety in Every Circumstance” as Want to Read:
Found: God's Peace: Experience True Freedom from Anxiety in Every Circumstance

Found: God's Peace: Experience True Freedom from Anxiety in Every Circumstance

In Found: God’s Peace, trusted pastor and teacher John MacArthur tackles this vital question head-on. Throughout the book, MacArthur shares principles to help you overcome uncertainty, defeat worry, and experience true freedom from anxiety.

As Pastor John MacArthur writes, the key to worry-free living is to replace worry with prayer, right thinking, and action. Here he dra
Published March 1st 2015 by David C. Cook

To ask other readers questions about Found, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Found

Beth Luebke
This is a short 3-chapter piece, expanded from another of MacArthur's books, contains biblical guidance on how to address the roots of anxiety. It touches the surface of how to approach one's fears with both real-life examples of people who have experienced anxiety as well as Scripture that can help a person experience greater trust in the Lord. I found the book helpful in addressing anxiety from a spiritual standpoint, but I don't think it addresses larger issues - like genuine brain chemistry ...more
Maria
Mar 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars.
D.A. Cairns
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really encouraging. Solid teaching from the bible. Very simple, direct. I'm a worrier by nature, but have only only experienced anxiety occasionally. In the last year I have grown tremendously in the area of trusting God: not just saying I do, but actually resting in his promises and acknowledging that he is on my side and only wants what is best for me. Entering in to a new relationship and losing my job were too very great challenges for me. This book is incredibly helpful in reinforcing the f ...more
Pete
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Easy to read in just a few hours as I did today. Practical help on anxiety. Some great quotes from Jay Adams and insights on how we can trust God's plan. Anxiety is always knocking so having a quick read is very useful.
Tracy  Hall
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Help in Anxiety

This book is great if you are struggling with anxiety. When fears overcome, it is difficult to remember how to climb out of the pit. This is an excellent resource to remind you to turn your eyes upward and remember God.
Naïka Joseph
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very practical book and easy to read.
Mary Goutermont
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great and inspiring book.

This book continues to teach and inspire me as I ponder God's word. It gives advice and guidance that continues long after the reading of it.Your
Adam
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This little book is loaded with Scripture and doesn't waste any time getting to the point. The only peace we can truly have comes from God, and it's not something we are born into--it's something we have to work for. MacArthur takes the text and shows the way.
L. Leah
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
I don't remember downloading this book, but I am so glad I did! I have been dealing with peace or trying to obtain peace. This book helped to remind me that peace is God given and simple to get. I know, I know, it's harder than it sounds.
Cindy
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Excellent, as always.
Michael
Feb 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Found: Solid Biblical Teaching

John MacArthur gives good Biblical teaching in his books. We can be free from anxiety and depression through Jesus Christ.
Erica Mbasan
Jun 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
This little book was good, and it had good scriptures and insights, although I found the writing a bit dry. Overall, I think it is a good resource and encouragement to not worry or fear.
Josiah
May 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hugely helpful in refocusing my attention on the true source of peace amidst life's trials.
Peter
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christianity
This is a must read whether new or old in the faith. A small book yet one of those that will truly make a huge impact in your thought life as a Christian.
Elaine
Feb 08, 2016
Kendall Borders
May 03, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Be Committed (Ruth & Esther): Doing God's Will Whatever the Cost (The BE Series Commentary)
  • Franchising McChurch: Feeding Our Obsession with Easy Christianity
  • Nothing Is Impossible with God: Reflections on Weakness, Faith, and Power
  • Replant: How a Dying Church Can Grow Again
  • You Are God's Plan A: And There Is No Plan B
  • God's Promise of Happiness
  • Deliver Us from Me-Ville
  • The Meeting of the Waters: 7 Global Currents That Will Propel the Future Church
  • Shrewd: Daring to Live the Startling Command of Jesus
  • Hell Is Real (But I Hate to Admit It)
  • Building Up One Another
  • Do You See What I See?: Exploring the Christmas of Every Day
  • Church Zero: Raising 1st Century Churches out of the Ashes of the 21st Century Church
  • Picture Perfect: When Life Doesn't Line Up
  • Battle Ready: Prepare to Be Used by God (Bold Man Of God, #1)
  • Better: How Jesus Satisfies the Search for Meaning
  • Blood Work: How the Blood of Christ Accomplishes Our Salvation
  • Unlocking the Scriptures
John F. MacArthur, Jr. is a United States Calvinistic evangelical writer and minister, noted for his radio program entitled Grace to You and as the editor of the Gold Medallion Book Award winning MacArthur Study Bible. MacArthur is a fifth-generation pastor, a popular author and conference speaker and has served as pastor-teacher of Grace Community Church in Sun Valley, California since 1969, and ...more
“The believer who doesn’t live in the confidence of God’s sovereignty will lack God’s peace and be left to the chaos of a troubled heart. But our confident trust in the Lord will allow us to thank Him in the midst of trials because we have God’s peace on duty to protect our hearts.” 0 likes
“our” 0 likes