Start by marking “Ripper (Hunter, #1; Thieves, #6)” as Want to Read:
Ripper (Hunter, #1; Thieves, #6)

Ripper

(Hunter #1)

Kelsey Atwood is a private detective with a problem. She came from a family of hunters, growing up on the wrong side of the supernatural world. Tracking down bail jumpers and deadbeat dads may not make her a lot of friends, but it's a lot safer than the life she turned her back on. She was hoping to escape from the nightmares of her past, but her latest case has brought th ...more
Published January 13th 2015 by Dlz Entertainment

To ask other readers questions about Ripper, please sign up.
BookLover I've just finished Ripper and think that having read the Thieves series first gave me a much richer reading experience. I believe you could still enjo…moreI've just finished Ripper and think that having read the Thieves series first gave me a much richer reading experience. I believe you could still enjoy Ripper without reading Thieves but certain things had a much greater emotional impact b/c I've read Thieves. Hope that helps. :-)(less)

Start your review of Ripper (Hunter, #1; Thieves, #6)
Norah Una Sumner

If only the romance aspect of this book was just a bit better, this would've been, without a doubt, a 4 or a 4.5 stars review. I loved the plot and completely got into Kelsey and her myserious case of a missing doe. Kelsey seemed like such a cool, interesting and definitely a relatable character. I was honestly simply sucked into the story. And here enters the male... Honestly, I think Kelsey can kick both Marcus's and Gray's ass and send them both to hell (yup, that was a pun for those
Eve (Between The Bookends)
Read this ages ago, loved it!
Ripper is the first book in Lexi Blake's Hunter series, it's set in the same world as her Thieves books with reappearances from some of the original characters so to be honest I think it's best read as a continuation of the original series rather than being used as a starting point but I'm enjoying getting to know a new main character and looking forward to seeing how Kelsey's journey continues.

Kelsey is a character that we've not met before but I thought it was really fun to eventually find out
Jessie Potts
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why you should read it: This is the first book in Lexi's new Hunter series and the sixth book in her Thieves series. And Kelsey is awesome! She is a very smart, sassy and strong heroine who is between a sexy half-demon and a steamy vampire. I'm team ménage, but really it's a great love triangle. There is so much suspense and action that I can't wait for the next Hunter series … also, because it ends on a dang cliffhanger! Lexi Blake writes excellent ménage books as Sophie Oak, which means that t ...more
Aly is so frigging bored
There are some small things that I would change, but 99% was amazing! I can't wait to see what happens next, with everyone!

PS: I knew the peppermint was evil.
Kristen Burns
3 Stars

Review:
I got sucked into this series with Steal the Light. I loved the original Thieves series and read through the whole thing in five days straight. I wasn't crazy about the idea of new main characters, but not continuing was simply not an option.

For one thing, I wanted to see what Dev, Daniel, and Zoey were up to, their children, how the Council and supernatural world changed, etc. And I was pleased that they were included.

But the main reason I was so excited for this book, despite the
 Rosebud
Being a PI has it's ups and downs. Getting the low down on deadbeat parents, cheating spouses, and surveillance services is lucrative and rewarding though boring but much safer than her family's legacy of hunting destructive evil paranormal entities.

When a young female college student goes missing Kelsey is hired by her mother when law enforcement hits a dead end. What should have been a straightforward missing person's case turns out to be so much more when Kelsey finds out the girl is a shift
Bambi Unbridled
So the Hunters series is a bit of a spinoff, still in the same world as the Thieves, but focusing more on characters who were previously secondary. (Except our heroine, she is brand new.) It has been so long since I read the first five Thieves books, that it really took me to the start of Addict to remember exactly what happened in the earlier stories.

Ripper takes place about 10 years after Steal the Night, and the triad of Daniel/Zoey/Dev now have three thriving mischievous children. Daniel Do
Steph
I'm a big fan of Lexi Blake's M&M series, but I'd never read any of her paranormal series. I wasn't sure if I'd be lost starting Ripper without having read the first five books in her Thieves series, but I didn't have any problems. Based on their descriptions, I see they introduce you to other characters seen in this book, so I may go back and read them.

Ripper was a good introduction to Blake's world filled with vampires, various types of shifters, demons, fae and witches. Kelsey Atwood has
Mara
Apr 27, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf, urban-fantasy
Send it back after 70 pages, but honestly I shouldn't have bought it in the first place. I was totally unconvinced by the sample, but I let myself be swayed by GR reviews.

I found the heroine revoltingly unappealing, she lacks any serious pride, she's unprofessional, and let the world treat her like shit out of "love". If I had friends or family like those, I'd change continent. :)
It may be a good book, I'm sure it is. But if you promise me a baddass heroine both in blurb and cover, you better d
Kazza
Feb 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
No review, Just my thoughts:

Kelsey I liked. I related to aspects of her behaviour, not all of them but I understood her. However, if she put herself down one more time I was going to throw the Kindle. If she told us how she had a fast metabolism again I was going to throw the Kindle. I got it the first few times. I'm really not good on repetition.

Gray. Wow, he was way too OTT - I'm going to marry you because I had a dream about you and I love you and have for ages. Okay, I'd be leaving very qui
Lorna
Jan 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
3.5 stars.Contradictions. I wrestled with how I wanted to review this, but the word contradictions kept running through my mind, not only after I was finished, but all the way through the read. I liked it, I loved it, and at times I truly didn’t care for it. Ultimately, that means at times I was wondering where the story was going, because I wasn’t totally invested, and at other times, I couldn’t put it down.

Kelsey is a private investigator who, although she is very aware of the supernatural wor
Shayna
 photo Untitled1-1.jpg

RIPPER by Lexi Blake was an AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL, SEXY, and SUSPENSEFUL treat! I absolutely adore this paranormal side of the incredibly talented Ms. Blake. She feeds my need for everything paranormal just like great authors like Nalini Singh and Kresley Cole. Just like all of the series before this, absolutely EVERYTHING the author has goes into a story like this. It has so much heart, so much depth and emotion. I don't just read the book, I EXPERIENCE it on every single level possible. And t
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Where or where has my Ms. Oaks gone? A total fan of Ms. Sophie Oak, I finally succumbed and checked out her Lexi Blake books. I tried a novella in her kinky Master series and it flopped for me. Then I read this book and I'm over the moon. The writing in this book has me devouring the book wanting to read all of the books in this series. After reading about Kesley, I bought the next book in this series and then went and purchased the entire set of the Thieves.

Kelsey is a woman who has some disas
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

I’ve got a new girl crush! A little bit Jessica Jones and a little bit Anita Blake, Kelsey Atwood is a fabulous new urban fantasy heroine. I love her slightly dystopian Dallas and the mix of human and supernatural beings who share her world.

This first book starts with Kelsey reluctantly investigating a fairly ordinary missing persons case. Slowly, the case drags her further and further into the supernatural world she’s been de
Avid Reader
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ripper (Hunter #1) by Lexi Blake
M/F Shifter Romance, Mystery
Triggers: Murder, kidnapping, abuse (parent to child), very light BDSM
I was given this book for an honest review by Wicked Reads.

This is not what I was expecting, but I was very pleasantly surprised. I really didn't know what to expect, but this was a complex story about finding yourself and sacrifice.

Grayson Sloane is a demon on borrowed time. He also has knowledge that he is destined to be with Kelsey. While he wants to spend
Carole
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riveting

A new author to me, a new series, a new world. All brought to life skillfully. I recommend you read this one.
Mita
Mar 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Yes. there is sex. Yes there are hot hot masculine men wanting to bang, and yes the heroine is a complex, complicated, imperfectly badass woman. And yes, there is blood, and murder, and death, and a whole lot of kickassery. All the makings of an entertaining read.But what makes this book go from a two or three star to a four to five is that though this book is for 'mature readers' due to it's sexual content and some abrasive scenes and languages, that is not all the book is about.
Usually when I
Jane
Feb 13, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Lately I'm having a hard time sticking with romance books, Mainly because they disappoint me so early on that I lose the desire to continue reading.

Unfortunately it was the same with this book. So predictable. Is it really so much to ask that I get a romance book that doesn't make me want to puke? People don't fall in love instantly and I loathe any plot that has insta-love.

I just, I wanted to love this book. The main character was relatable, I liked that she was imperfect and she knew it. She w
Julie
Sep 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Growing up in a family of Hunters doesn’t leave you with very many supernatural friends. The life that is expected for Kelsey Atwood is different from the path she chose for herself. Arresting deadbeat parents and the occasional bail jumper isn’t quite the future one would have envisioned. It is better than the path that her father tried to push her into. Memories that plague Kelsey are rearing their head, and bringing her back to the world she once turned her back on.

When a standard missing per
Kristen
I absolutely hated this book. The heroine has no respect for herself and let's a bunch of people, including her best friend and brother, use her and treat her like a damn dog. The main crush is sadistic and a controlling abusive asshole, but that's ok bc she loves him....HELL NO!

I only kept reading cause I thought surly there was a reason there was so much disgusting behavior and treatment...like a spell. There was, but only on the fucking girl and she was ok with it. Think 50 shades of grey but
Misty
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cozen
Oh boy. It took me over twelve days to finish this book. I usually can read one book about a day and a half- I’m a slow reader. But I had to seriously stop and take chunks out of this book at a time. There are do many things that irritated me about this book, the first starting with the unanswered questions still out there from the first five book. From Merlan to Neil’s new sybol tatoo. Itks tenn years past and webarr only piece mealed the information.

The second issue came with Greyson Sloane. I
Christine
Jan 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: x-botb-2015
Couldn't put it down!

I had read only read the first of Blake's "Thieves" series, and although I'm not generally a fan of PR, figured I would give "Ripper" a try.

Kelsey's been hired to find the missing daughter of a shifter -- she'd been trying to leave the supernatural world behind, but she agrees to try and locate the missing girl. Grayson Sloane, a friend of Kelsey's brother and a Texas Ranger, offers to get involved -- and Kelsey's dazzled by their mutual attraction. But when Kelsey discovers
I.M. Luke
Jan 30, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-reads
Rating: 3.5
I was originally going to take supreme contempt against the this book. But I'll get into that later. I'll say this, I very much enjoyed this book despite the pessimistic sarcastic (and slightly suicidal) female lead. The book started off the same, a female lead with a shadowed pass with powers she did not want to acknowledge and the usual quest to help bring her powers to forefront, pretty standard stuff. In comes the male lead, (though I don't believe he really was or deserved to be
BookLover
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great start to the new series. I need book two to be released ASAP!!!

You could probably get away with reading this book without reading the Thieves series but I would recommend reading it first b/c
a.) it's really good
b.) certain things in this book will have more of an impact if you've read the previous series.

That being said I HATED (view spoiler)
'Q' aka CoCo
Jan 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So happy they're back...

I LOVED all of the Steal books in the Thieves series and was so sad when it ended. While this has some overlap of characters and the same name, it truly is the beginning of a whole new series so it's not necessary for you to read them, though the jokes would be funnier if you did. This had everything I've come to love about Ms. Blake's paranormal books--excitement, mystery, danger, a little angst, and, of course, some sexy times (though without Dev, I'm afraid it wasn't a
Willow Brooks
Oct 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another good book by Lexi Blake. Not as good as the others, yet still good. I'm sorry but (view spoiler) See, I've got my priorities str ...more
Merve
Ne çektin be kızım demek istiyorum. Hayatımda böyle bir şey okumadım. :D. İlginç bir kurgusu var ama aşk üçgeni benim tarzım değil. Üstelik kurgunun fena olmamasıma rağmen anlatıcı kızdan hoşlanmadım. Gerektiğinden çok daha uzundu. Bitmek bilmedi, tam bitti dedim ikinci bir kurgu geldi. Yazar bundan 3 kitap çılarırdı. Vampir kralı bir kaşık kanda boğabilirim, piçin teki.
Ashly Mathew
Ashley
Jun 08, 2014
Sandy
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! Tons of action, intrigue, sexiness, paranormal hi-jinx, and twists and turns. This is going to be an amazing spin off!!
GRAWLIX
Jun 15, 2014
Varied Books
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: h-pov-only
GR wiped out my review before I saved it.
Salena
Andrea
Jun 23, 2014
Michele Avery
Jun 23, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a spin-off of the Thieves series, but I don't think you had to have read that series to follow this one. But it might help a little on the back story. For me it had been so long since I read the other series that I kept trying to remember who was who. Anyway, I really enjoyed this one. Can't wait for the next.
Richelle Bauer
Jun 25, 2014
Rosa
Jun 25, 2014
becc
Jun 28, 2014

• Bound (A Faery Story, #1)
  • Beauty (A Faery Story, #3)
  • Beast (A Faery Story, #2)
  • Siren Unleashed (Texas Sirens, #7)
  • Siren Reborn (Texas Sirens, #8)
  • Healing of the Wolf (The Wild Hunt Legacy, #5)
  • One to Keep (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #3)
  • Small Town Siren (Texas Sirens, #1)
  • Back in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #9)
  • Sirens in Bliss (Texas Sirens, #7.5; Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #10)
  • Seduction in Session (The Perfect Gentlemen, #2)
  • Big Easy Temptation (The Perfect Gentlemen, #3)
  • Siren in Bloom (Texas Sirens, #6)
  • Smoke and Sin (The Perfect Gentlemen, #4)
  • Three to Ride (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #1)
  • Siren in Waiting (Texas Sirens, #5)
  • Found in Bliss (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #5)
  • Necessary Pursuit (Trinity Masters #12)
NY Times and USA Today bestselling author Lexi Blake lives in North Texas with her husband, three kids, and the laziest rescue dog in the world. She began writing at a young age, concentrating on plays and journalism. It wasn't until she started writing romance and urban fantasy that she found the stories of her heart. She likes to find humor in the strangest places and believes in happy endings n ...more

Hunter (5 books)
  • Addict (Hunter, #2; Thieves, #7)
  • Sleeper (Hunter, #3; Thieves, #8)
  • Outcast (Hunter, #4; Thieves, #9)
  • Stealing Summer (Hunter, #5; Thieves, #10)