Start by marking “Pierre the Maze Detective: The Search for the Stolen Maze Stone” as Want to Read:
Pierre the Maze Detective: The Search for the Stolen Maze Stone

Pierre the Maze Detective: The Search for the Stolen Maze Stone

(Pierre the Maze Detective)

Pierre the Maze Detective has a new case. Mr X has stolen the Maze Stone, which has the power to turn the whole of Opera City into a maze. Can you help Pierre and his friend Carmen find their way through the mazes – and stop Mr X before it's too late? This beautifully illustrated book features 15 full-spread illustrations of intricate, magical mazes. Take a trip through a ...more
Published September 1st 2015 by Laurence King Publishing (first published March 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Pierre the Maze Detective, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pierre the Maze Detective

Raina
Mar 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e
Dibs for SRP 2017, TRLers. :)
---
I always hesitate to booktalk how-to books (i.e. cookbooks, crafting how-tos, etc.) because I feel an urge to consume the books I promote to the schools in an exhaustive manner. I should cook every recipe, I should make every idea....
Here, I did all the puzzles.
I love mazes and seek and finds.

There are a few places where I wanted the mazes to be a little more clear, or it took me a bit to get the hang of what was considered a passage versus not. But overall, gol
Sandra "Jeanz"
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
INITIAL THOUGHTS
I was looking forward to receiving this book after being told about it by Midas PR. Though my daughter is now 19yrs old I still enjoy researching and reviewing titles that she may have enjoyed when she was younger, and after reading the blurb on Goodreads about this one both myself and my daughter were highly anticipating seeing a physical copy of this book.

MY REVIEW
As I said above I was approached by Midas PR and provided with a physical copy of this book in exchange for my hone
Anastasia Antonova
May 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Хоть мне и 21, я в восторге. Определенно когда-нибудь куплю эту книгу в свою библиотеку.
Mehsi
3.5 sterren, niet helemaal wat ik had verwacht.

Wat ik had verwacht (en ook gehoopt) toen ik dit boek zag op de bibliotheek-site zag, was een leuk puzzel boek met leuke doolhoven. Nu was het boek nog steeds leuk, maar ik (en ook mijn vriend) vond de doolhoven vrijwel onmogelijk. En dat is heel jammer, want de grote focus van dit boek zijn juist die doolhoven.

Waarom zijn de doolhoven zo onmogelijk? Je hebt wel een soort van pad wat je kan zien (er is een streep die door van alles loopt die lichter
Joanne
Oct 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Pierre the Maze Detective by Hiro Kamigaki and IC4DESIGN is a book full of intricate mazes and puzzles that will keep children entertained for hours.

A story runs throughout; Mr X has stolen the Maze Stone and has used it to turn Opera City into one giant maze. Our hero Maze Detective, Pierre, is the only one who can stop Mr X as he can work out a way through the mazes, solve the challenges Mr X has left throughout, and try and catch up with him to retrieve the Maze Stone. The child takes the pla
Michelle
Oct 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of puzzle books, from word searches to Sudoku. Anything that can keep my brain working and pass a few hours is sure to grab my attention. When I first heard about Pierre the Maze Detective: The Search for the Stolen Maze Stone I didn't even have to look closer, I knew it was a book I wanted to try out.

Pierre the Maze Detective: The Search for the Stolen Maze Stone is a whole lot more than a maze book, it's like Where's Wally on a bigger scale. You have the maze, you have special
Alison
Oct 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I've donated this to our Library but I am wondering how it (like many books in this format) can be used without students drawing circles around the answers as they find them and thus spoiling the experience for future readers. Sumptuous artwork and a fantastic book for curious kids. Dare I say it but these sorts of books would make incredible ipad apps!
Janet
Jul 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal book for those who love to feast their eyes on colorful, skillful artwork. The large book is an adventure, a game, a series of intricate mazes! Great for the person who loves Waldo but is ready for something more difficult and new.
Sarah Sammis
An interesting maze oriented Where's Waldo type book. Not relevant to my research, though.

Sasha
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
For a year and a half, this has been my older child's favorite book (and I collect children's literature--they have a dragon's hoard of books to choose from!) They're on the cusp of their fifth birthday, and this is still the go-to book for car rides and vacations. Because of the range of complexity, I know they'll treasure it for years to come.

There are so many layers to investigate on every page-- a maze, recurring hidden elements like stars and treasure chests, characters to find, and a fanci
Robin
What a treat to find this in Black Bird Bookstore today. I know I plan to give this away as a gift, but I couldn't resist curling up with the book today and working my way through all the impeccably illustrated mazes and can-you-find-it puzzles. I whiled away many a happy hour as a child with Where's Waldo books, and this is in that same ilk, but with illustrations that are quite a step up in quality. I really enjoyed the many hidden surprises, such as the same characters that show up on all the ...more
Книжни Криле
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
„Детектив Пиер решава случая: Откраднатият лабиринтен камък” е новото предложение на изд. „Миранда” за почитателите на забавните приключения, заплетените лабиринти и пищно илюстрираните детски книги! Злосторникът Господин Х е откраднал тайнствения лабиринтен камък, който притежава магическа мощ. С негова помощ престъпният гений превръща всяко място, от където премине в заплетен лабиринт с хиляди разклонения. Град Опера е изправен пред бедствено положение! Дали детектив Пиер и приятелката му Карм ...more
Rachel Rogers
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Picked this up at a wonderful bookstore in NH during our vacation and just read it 3 times with my son. Haven't come close to solving all the mazes but it's fascinating to just let your eyes drift over the pages and take in the artwork. Similar to Where's Waldo but a little more....serious? Hard to explain, there's a bit more to it than simply finding Waldo. Beautiful and fun and will keep us all interested for a long time.
Pinar
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lastenkirja
Çocuğunuzla beraber bulmaca çözebileceğiniz, çocuğunuzu ve sizi saatlerce konsantre edebileceği garanti (8 yaş ile test edildi) nefis çizimlerle dolu. Labirentlerden çıkış yolunu bulmaya çalışırken aynı zamanda saklanan objeleri de aradığınız falan çok şirin bir oyun kitabı.
Miss Ryoko
Jul 02, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a fun search and find + maze book! I'll get around to the second one someone in the future!
Jenn
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This maze book is so well loved in our home that the binding is coming undone. Great for kids and adults alike!
Yui Tamashi
Feb 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Książki pobudzające kreatywność opanowały rynek. Wszystko zaczęło się od Zniszcz ten dziennik, czyli książki którą bez żadnych wyrzutów sumienia możemy zniszczyć poprzez zadania w niej zawarte. Później pojawiły się kolorowanki, dzięki którym człowiek ma się odprężyć, odstresować i skupić swoją uwagę na dobieraniu kolorów, cieniowaniu itd. Teraz popularne stały się książki, gdzie łączy się kropki i przechodzi labirynty.

Detektyw P
Jasper
Oct 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2015
Originally posted at: http://thebookplank.blogspot.com/2015...

Now besides being a puzzle book, the name Maze Detective should already say enough, there is a definite storyline that you follow across all of the 34 pages and 15 mazes that you have to figure out. Meet Pierre the Maze Detective, a short little man with a red coat and a magnifying glass ready at hand. One day he is casually reading a book and sipping some tea, but as you know bad guys never rest. One of those bad guys, Mr. X has gott
Mo
Dec 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This surpasses Where's Waldo. So many things to find & discover on each page of intricately detailed drawings! Enjoyable challenge to search for specific tiny items (treasure chests, trophies, gold stars, etc...) and various mazes to travel while noticing all the other fascinating details within each world. I've spent hours happily exploring each page. Very impressive! I hope they make more of these books!
Angie
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
He looks like the Little Prince, has the highwire skills of Philippe Petit, and the mystery-solving chops of Inspector Clouseau: he's the French Waldo but plus compliqué, he's Pierre the Maze Detective. Hours and maybe even years of fun are inside this puzzle inside a maze inside a picture inside a book.
Agnes Ptak
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A great adventure for small and big kids. No matter if you 4 or 99 you will enjoy this one over and over again. My little 2 y old loves it and even has a favorite site. The illustrations suck you in and every time you dive into this book you'll find new amazing details.
A great book to give as a present and a must at your kids bookshelf.
Dylan
May 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What fun! Highly recommended for kids of all ages. The mazes might be too hard for 6 and younger. Precocious 7 yr olds and up will enjoy. The art is quite lovely to look at. Lots of further little puzzles (find the hidden flags, chests, etc.) to get more out of the book. This would be especially good for travel--for airports, airplanes, trains, etc. Highly recommended.
The Brothers
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mazes, detectives, want
This is an amazing book! I was continually impressed by the mazes and all the objects to find along the way.

The illustrations were superb! All my boys (from 3yo to 10yo) spent lots of time looking through the pages.
Lisa K
Jun 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Promising, but disappointing in the end. Maybe the general sameness appeals to kids?
Kirsty
LuxKatharina
Jul 07, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Where's White Bear? The Fantastic Journey 1 1 Jan 30, 2017 02:15PM

Pierre the Maze Detective (4 books)
  • Pierre the Maze Detective: The Mystery of the Empire Maze Tower