Start by marking “Not In Our Hands” as Want to Read:
Not In Our Hands

Not In Our Hands

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating details ·  1 rating  ·  1 review
In an idyllic town in the Umbrian hills, young Jake Taylor is studying Italian and hoping to take control of his life. As he makes new friends and soaks up the language, scenery and cuisine, Jake is about to learn a lot more than he bargained for.

From violence on the football terraces, to the secret past of the Tuscan Jews, Jake’s journey of discovery takes man
Published January 14th 2015 by Tollington

liked it Average rating 3.00  ·
 ·  1 rating  ·  1 review

Charlotte Gringras
Feb 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Weird though it is to review my own book, since Goodreads gives authors the opportunity to do so, why not? And what better reason than that it is just about the first birthday of 'Not in our Hands'. It's a novel about a group of students, yet it's not aimed at a student readership: who wants to read about their own lifestyle? Equally, it's set in Italy, with a backdrop of little known snippets of Italian, Jewish history, yet it is neither exclusively for Italian Jews. What readers tell me is how ...more
Emily
marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2018
Judy
marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2018
I am a teacher by profession, with a BA in French and Italian and an MA in Jewish Studies, gained ten years ago. I am a Mancunian (from Manchester, England) and my native city has nurtured my feminist tendencies – also influencing some of my poetry and my first novel, The Purple Rose, published by Tollington Press in 2012, which features the suffragette movement.

My short play, ‘Moving On’ was pro