Start by marking “Stirring Up the Viscount” as Want to Read:
Stirring Up the Viscount

Stirring Up the Viscount

Seeking to escape an abusive husband, Theodora Ravensdale answers an ad in The Times for a job as cook in a country home. A fortuitous house fire enables her to fake her own death and flee to northern England and live under an assumed name. But Theodora’s refuge is not all she would wish, when she stirs emotions in the heir to the estate, Jonathan Tenwick, and in herself. ...more
Published January 30th 2015 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc (first published January 23rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Stirring Up the Viscount, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stirring Up the Viscount

Sissy's Romance Book Review
Feb 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-netgalley, trt
Thanks to NetGalley for this ARC for a honest review.
Theodora Ravensdale had a happy childhood but ended up married to abusive husband. Theodora comes to a point where she cannot take the abuse anymore and decided to do something about it.
Theodora fakes her own death after a fire breaks out in her house. From there she answers an ad for a job as cook in a country home. There she meets and starts to have feelings for the owner, Jonathan Tenwick. But Theodora past does come back and she tries to
Katie O'Sullivan
Mar 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun historical romance filled with heart, intrigue and a dash of humor. I read it quickly and enjoyed every minute of it. Marin McGinnis has obviously done her homework on the time period, and the kitchen scenes were fascinating for the historical information, while the sexual tension between the two main characters kept me wanting more and rooting for that HEA for the heroine.

Theodora Ravensdale is desperate. The daughter of a successful shipping magnate and baron, her marriage to th
Cathy Geha
Feb 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Theodora’s life seemed to swing from one extreme to another from her happy childhood, to an abusive marriage, then an escape to work as a cook in a large home and finally her happily ever after. Happiness, misery and pain, contentment, despair, and then happiness again –Theodora’s life came full circle by the end of the story. Johnathan seemed to be intelligent, nice, artistic, gentle, kind and loving. He wanted the type of affectionate devoted relationship his parents shared but wasn’t sure he ...more
Maggie
Jun 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fun to read, intriguing characters, can't wait to read Marin's next book!
Got Romance!  Reviews
May 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Genre: Historical, Romance
Length: Novel
Heat Level: Spicy
Reviewer: ReadingPatti

Theodora Ravensdale's time for freedom has come.  She finally has a chance to escape her abusive husband when their house catches fire. Running away, she finds work, in the country, as a cook at Jonathan Tenwick’s house.

While working and living close together, the two of them discover that they have a spark of attraction for each other. As time goes on, it grows and blossoms into more.

I loved this book. Theodora
Elaine
Feb 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
There was a dark side to this historical romance which gave it a depth not seen in most historical romance books.
The characters are developed enough so that the reader sees not only their lighthearted sides but also their somber and thoughtful sides.
The author gives a sense of time and place in this book. Although, I do think the hero's household treated their servants more like family than what was typical during this time period.
This is the first book by this author that I have read, but will
Cindy Hemric
Feb 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Netgalley for free copy of this book in exchange for review.

I enjoyed this book immensely, just wish it were a little longer. During the 1800's women did not have many rights, mostly when they were married, they and all they had belonged to their husbands.
Theodora Ravensdale had married a handsome, but cruel lawyer. She was not happy, and when a fire consumes her kitchen, she makes her escape and took a position as a cook far away from her husband. She is fearful that he may one day fi
Angela Withrow TheArdentReader
Quick but great read! The characters were likeable and well developed! A bit of humor thrown in never hurts!! The Kitchen scenes were very well done and I felt as if I was there!
I totally rooted for the heroine! I wanted her to finally be happy.
Fantastic writing and a lovely story. It made me wonder how much of this sort of thing went on in those times. Men thinking they own a woman? I am sure it happened more often than is known!
But all is well that ends well!
Jeffrey
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fantastic! Not my every-day genre, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

McGinnis builds a well-designed world, inserts a good number of engaging characters, stirs up some believable situations and turns these characters loose to deal with the events, drawing the reader into her thoughtfully crafted plot. I laughed, cringed and schemed right along with her characters.

I'm heading out today to try and find a copy of her second book and eagerly await publication of her third.
InD'tale Magazine
3.5/5.0

A slightly dark historical romance, “Stirring Up the Viscount” involves a mysterious (and of course beautiful) lady of good breeding who is having to hide as a servant and manages to attract the attention of a handsome lord

Read full review in the 2015 November issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Florencia
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Great read!
Suz Jay
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After devouring Tempting Mr. Jordan, the third story in the series, I moved the other two books to the top of my To Be Read list. Stirring up the Viscount tells the love story of Theodora and Jonathon, who is the brother of the heroine who tempts Mr. Jordan. Loved this story. I am off to read Secret Promise next!
Wendy Kobza
Jan 29, 2017
Loisa
Mar 05, 2017
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 3 Mar 20, 2015 07:00AM
A lawyer in real life, Marin McGinnis feeds the more creative part of her soul by writing Victorian era romance and mystery. She's spent almost half her life in a tree-lined, unabashedly liberal suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. She's been married to the same great guy for over 20 years, and has one teen-aged son. They all live together in a drafty old house with their two standard poodles, Larry and Sne ...more