Start by marking “The Symbiotic Law (Blood and Bone Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Symbiotic Law (Blood and Bone Trilogy, #3)

The Symbiotic Law

(Blood and Bone Trilogy #3)

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  290 Ratings  ·  47 Reviews
No family skeletons stay buried forever….

Ethan Ellison thought that the hardest thing after figuring out he was soul bonded to a werewolf would be letting the guy down easy. He wasn't prepared to open his door and find his Uncle Eoin standing on the other side, sporting a fresh shiner and a warning about Ethan's estranged father Alexandre Pelletier. Turns out his old man
Published January 8th 2015 by The Spec Press (first published January 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Symbiotic Law, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Symbiotic Law

Anne Odom
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Strong end to a solid series

WHAT I LIKED
-------------
* Ethan and Pat are attached at the hip for the whole book, unlike the last book where they spent the first half separated.

* Pat's patience and kindness, now that he's accepted the mate bond and wants it to work.

* Ethan's realistic reluctance to build a real relationship with Patrick, given the major changes he has to make at a personal paradigm level to do so.

* The slow but steady way the relationship builds, and the little ways Cooper shows
Sierra
Mar 06, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: shifters, paranormal
I have rarely been so disappointed by the end of a series.

The series started off great but this book is terrible. It's hard to write a review without including spoilers. Let's just say that everything in this book goes way over the top. Completely unbelievable with illogical motivations. The resolution/answer to the big mystery comes out of nowhere and makes no sense. The love story completely stalled and there is zero chemistry or sexual tension, just the two main characters hurt or pissed off
Katherine
Nov 04, 2015 rated it did not like it
I liked book 1 of this series. I skipped book 2. And this book was not the romance I was expecting after book 1. The MC'S were mated but barely tolerate each other through most of the book. Add in the unbelievable plot and the sister sex and I'm done.
Kas
Mar 24, 2015 rated it liked it
My feelings on this book are a little mixed. I enjoyed it much more than the second book; it was nice to have the protagonists interacting so much. Seeing Pat and Ethan forced to stick together and really get to know one another was nice. I felt like their emotional attraction developed well, especially on Ethan's side. There were so many moments that tugged at my heart, which was all I wanted all along.

The plot felt a touch contrived and I feel like there are loose ends that need tying up. (vi
Mandapanda
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: various-romance
3.75 stars. Good finale to this m/m urban fantasy trilogy (after the relationship frustrations of book 2). Pat and Ethan are on the run from Ethan's evil father and this takes them across the northern pacific and into south-east Asia. It forces them into a lot of alone-time in which they squabble and misunderstand each other before gradually coming to accept the bond and fall in love. There was plenty of time at the end of the novel to really enjoy their coming together.

I didn't think the myster
Andrea D
May 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
One word for this book: FRUSTRATION

I liked the first one pretty much, couldn't rate the second one...well and now this.

I was kind of excited to see the third book is finally out...but I wasn't excited for a long time.

The book isn't boring or doesn't make sense....it just takes on and on and you have no idea what the f**k is going on and why the maincharcters don't get a grip on themselves (view spoiler)
DaisyGirl
3.0 Stars

Huh. I'm kinda wrung out. And not in an entirely good way. This series stands out for me because book 1 was the best, which is unusual. Book 3 had me thoroughly irritated with Ethan for 50% and then struggling to come to terms with the surprising and unexpected (not to mention really weird and kinda gross) twisted ending. (View (view spoiler) at your own peril.)

Bottom line: All in all, this series was j
DeeNeez
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
The last portion of the book seemed a bit choppy and rushed, but overall it was a grand adventure this time. Ethan and Pat are on the run around the world, literally. I really do like this couple. This book they really work on trying to make an understanding and working relationship, and somewhere along the lines, it actually turns into love and respect. Each man in turn makes the other whole. My only real disappointment was the author never took the opportunity to have Pat take his wolf form. I ...more
Jaime
Sep 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a wonderful wrap up to the blood & bone series! One of the hard parts from the previous two books was the time Ethan & Pat spent apart from each other (and the sleeping with other people!) Well that wasn't the case with this book - they were attached at the hip! I loved to see how much Pat and Ethan had changed and grown together by the end.
FoxClouds
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Rating: 3.5 stars

Perfect ending for the series. It was not as fast paced at times as I would have liked and all that time they spent sailing was a bit ridiculous from the stand point of plot, although good for character development.

I liked the series and they are written well enough for the debut.

P.S. Gorgeous covers!
Skye Blue ☆*~゚ლ(´ڡ`ლ)~*☆
Talk about a slow burn. It took all 3 books to get them together. Even in the last few pages they wavered. The story was good, but the follow through was lacking. After all the build up, I was expecting more. Overall I enjoyed the series.
Tena
Mar 14, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What a ride!
Debra Guyette
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In the third novel in the Blood and Bones Trilogy, we find Ethan Ellison on the run from Ethan's father who wants the Medusa's Curl Bloodstone enough to send hit men after his own son. Ethan was going to run by himself but, after clearing the air and establishing that they are mates, Patrick Clanahan was not letting him out of his sight. Traveling around the world one step ahead of danger and death, the two realize the key is the Medusa's Curl and what it can do. Both men are detectives and need ...more
Killian Louis
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
While I absolutely adored the first book of this series, they have gradually lost their appeal for me.
Not completely, but I am getting irritated with Ethan.
I excused the irritating communication problems of the second book, because yes, people are dense and sometimes extremely bad at talking, telling the truth, and fessing up when they've made a mistake. But the third book is irritating on a whole other level, because I never saw the conclusion of the first two books coming, and was pleasantly s
Kragthang
Jun 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm-mystery
Relationship-wise this book felt rounder than the last one. The panic-stricken travel around the world for weeks and weeks set me off a bit. Cannot see my boss being that understanding, when I tell her that I need all of my vacation like yesterday and then stay away for months. I know you need to create tension in this kind of book, but still... the story seemed too far-fetched for my liking.
Again, the editing was rough, but I would have given the book four stars, if not for the last chapter. (
Jenn (not Lily)
Jun 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ammp-fairy-tale
I'm torn here -- I want to love this story, if only for her including the library at Alexandria. There was so much going on, from fleeing Seattle to sailing around the Pacific to taking a cruise ship across the Indian Ocean...yeah, a lot of boats this time. Maybe if Patrick and Ethan could actually manage to use words instead of assuming that the other one understands how their baggage is pulling them each off-center, I would've been happier with the development of the relationship. I'm also som ...more
This was definitely the best book of the series so far. I loved Ethan and Pat together and them navigating their relationship and their mating and feelings. I enjoyed the seeing the world part and the additional history and world building that was going on. I have complicated feelings on Ali’s revelation and the direction that took, which is definitely a part of why this didn’t end up being a 5-Star read for me. A good conclusion to first trilogy (cuz I know Lia is writing a fourth book for Etha ...more
Milagros
Angela Wintrow
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic trilogy

Please Please let there be another book here! Loved how the characters developed and the story line continued. Couldn't put it down! Definitely a keeper in my library.
Phoenix
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
I found this a very disappointing conclusion to Cooper's trilogy.
Susana
Feb 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Jaylee
Sep 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
I have to say about this series... the writing it solid (although quite a few typos that I feel should have been cleared up by any halfway decent editor), the characters are interesting and their relationship issues are honest, real, and well-handled. However, this is a romance series? And the romance is really like... it takes up a lot of the book, but you don't get a lot of feels over it. It's not very romantic, or heart-pounding, or any of that. It's a lot of relationship drama. The whole ser ...more
Mike
Interesting ending to a paranormal m/m romance trilogy

This third book seemed to be a very good ending to a paranormal trilogy that seemed to move all over the plot and genre map, overall in a good way. There were plenty of times I found the pace to be much too slow, and the relationship between the two protagonists to be extremely frustrating and not particularly compelling.

However, for me, a whirlwind, fast-moving ending made it worth it and tied a huge range of strings together in a nicely su
Andrea
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a trilogy and the books should be read in order for full enjoyment.

The Symbiotic Law starts out at top speed. This time the two main characters are the chased instead of the chasers and it took me a while to fully appreciate it since it's very different from the first two books. If you like complicated characters and original mysteries without a total sex overload you'll enjoy this.

I liked it a lot but could have loved it. For me, it would have been better with a little less travel and
Star
Jan 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
Good read

Reading the other two books made me have to read this one. It was a good finale. I think the only thing I didn't like was that they were traveling all over the place and getting beat up constantly. I mean there is a suspect at the beginning and two cops just leave without talking to him but willingly travel to other countries without a clue to why. That is the only thing I was having a hard time with. Well there is a twist towards the end that I really would have rather stayed in the da
Chrissie Tc
Nov 10, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked the story, even if it was more detective than romance, I think we shld be informed b4
but the main characters waooh
u know when I read the first book of the Blood and Bone Trilogy only one thing was going through my mind the more I read about Ethan
"What a slut" and I was so happy somebody finally said it out loud in Symbiotic Law. Thank you Ali even if you urself were a bitch.
On the other side I loved Pat
This Trilogy is good if you like complex stories
David Durkit
May 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Great story

I enjoyed this final book of the trilogy with its many twists and turns. It could use some more editing however. There are a few misspellings. There are way too many sentences that make no sense and it was not always easy to follow the voice in the dialogue. I didn't like how the two main protagonists would be hot and heavy while working on a case then would act like they barely knew each other. Do take the time to read it.
Sandra Ramirez
Great ending

This was such a great ending to the trilogy. I'm glad Ethan was able to figure out what he really wanted and that he worked out everything with Pat, cause they are awesome together. I absolutely loved Pat more than anything, he's was such and alpha male, but he was ok with Ethan also calling the shots. It just goes to prove that a partnership is equal. Loved it!
J
Dec 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Satisfying ending to a good series. Would have appreciated more interaction with Pat' s family and pack. At first I found the showdown between Ethan and his father anti-climatic but now I choose to see it as maturation of some sort. Ethan' s internal dialogue had me smiling and chuckling at times.
Some editing overlooks persist but don't distract from the story.
Meggie
Jan 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Even at the end I didn't like Ethan as a character. His behaviour, was so bad it was chaotic and stupid.
His romance with Patrick was in a way forced o him and he was dragging his heals away from Pat's affections most of the time. At least in this part Even was forced to know Patrick a lot better, because he was stuck with him on a sea.
Blah, I wont read this series, again!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Destroyer of Worlds (SPECTR, #5)
  • Winter's Wolf (Tales of the Harker Pack, #3)
  • The Seer
  • Deep Blues Goodbye (Altered States, #1)
  • Duck Duck Ghost (Hellsinger, #2)
  • The Hanged Man's Ghost (The Night Wars, #1)
  • Gumption & Gumshoes
  • Unjustified Claims (Hidden Wolves #3)
  • Naked Tails
  • Prickly By Nature (Portland Pack Chronicles, #2)
  • He's Just Knot That Into You
  • Brian's Mate
  • Finding Matt
  • Growl (The Pierce Brothers #1)
  • Rack & Ruin (THIRDS, #3)
  • Deployed (Mad Dogs, #2)
  • Freefall (Infected #4)
  • A Marked Man / Alaska With Love (Assassin-Shifter, #1-2)

Blood and Bone Trilogy (5 books)
  • The Duality Paradigm (Blood and Bone Trilogy, #1)
  • The Convergence Theory (Blood and Bone Trilogy, #2)
  • Remainders (Blood and Bone Trilogy #3.5)
  • A Sanguine Solution (Blood & Bone Series #4)
“Hiding doesn’t work if you go around yelling Marco Polo.” 1 likes