Start by marking “Paris for One” as Want to Read:
Paris for One

Paris for One

Bestselling author Jojo Moyes brings us a charming and heart-warming short story in association with Quick Reads.

Nell is twenty-six and has never been to Paris. She has never even been on a weekend away with her boyfriend. Everyone knows she is just not the adventurous type.

But, when her boyfriend doesn't turn up for their romantic mini-break, Nell has the chance to prove
Published February 5th 2015 by Penguin UK

Jun 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was a cute, quick and easy read. I really liked this story. I am impressed that Jojo Moyes fit everything into 96 pages.

I loved the plot. I would love to read more stories like this one. I think stories that involve a connection between strangers have so much potential but they usually always have insta-love. This story didn't have any insta-love and that's probably why I liked it so much. Moyes did an excellent job with the execution of this book.

I liked the characters. Again, I just wan
Tan Markovic
Nov 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Listened to via Scribd!

A pretty short and average read. I would definitely class this as a light, cute fluffy read. Perhaps the kind of book you would want to read after a grisly thriller to lighten the mood. Love Jojo Moyes as an author as she can evoke emotions with her writing so well however, this definitely isn't one of those books.
Aug 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: three-star
I enjoyed this short story featuring Nell as she embarks on an ill fated weekend getaway with her unreliable boyfriend to the most romantic city in the world.

At under a hundred pages, it was entirely readable in less than an hour. When Nell arrives in Paris, having been abandoned by said boyfriend, she is faced with two options - stay, and make the most of her time there or catch the first train home to London. Luckily for the reader, she stays and meets a very handsome Frenchman! Just who does
Sepani
Jun 21, 2019 rated it liked it
A short and sweet read.
Not happy with the ending though.
Kate (GirlReading)
Mar 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Such a cute, speedy read. For such a short story it's really well developed. Sometimes the whole being in "the right place at the right time" thing can be very cliche but because this was a short story it worked really well. I feel like this would make such a perfect movie! This was every romantic movie I've ever watched but I loved it!!
Mikayla
Mar 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ok, this one was pretty good. I was expecting not to like it,like with Dead Man Talking, but I thought this was great fun.

I can recommend as a quick read, though for someone who struggles with reading it's a great start for getting into it.
Melissa **Just Really Loves Musicals**
I LOVED this. I wish it was a full length novel. Jojo Moyes, please write a full length book about Nell and Fabian, they were amazing characters and I loved the romance!
Yoda
Aug 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Paris for One is a short feel good novel and I have to say I liked it a lot! It didn't feel unfinished or annoyingly vague. It was just perfect especially the ending.
Jes Reads
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
In 2019 I told myself that I was going to branch out to try new genres I hadn't explored before. I hadn't the faintest idea where to start, but found Paris for One available on e-book from my library and decided to give it a try. I am happy to say that I was pleasantly surprised at how much I loved the core book.

Paris for One also has a handful of short stories to accompany it within the book, but some of them were hit or miss so this review is going to be on Paris for One as a standalone.

Cons
Vicky
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Although I’ve read hundreds of amazing reviews of Jojo Moyes’s books and everyone I know adores her stories, I’ve never had the chance – or the time – to pick them up myself. So when Paris for One was released as part of the Quick Reads initiative, I jumped at the opportunity and decided to give it a go.

With only 95 pages, Moyes’s novel is a super quick read. Just like the rest of the Quick Reads titles, Paris for One is aimed at those who, for whatever reason, find reading a difficult and daunt
Camilla
Jan 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A funny and heartwarming short story, which you will read in one sitting. Loved it!
Theresa Alan
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a light and funny collection of one novella and several short stories. I prefer the depth of novels, but if you’re looking for quick, short reads, this is fun.

Moyes is able to give intriguing glimpses into her characters’ lives in very brief tales. In a couple of the stories, married life does not seem appealing at all. The short story Holdups is particularly funny, but there are a lot of hilarious lines throughout the book.

There isn’t a ton of depth here, but it was definitely an enjoy
Ferdy
The heroine was a boring doormat and the love interest wasn't much better. I guess it was passable for a candy floss, cheesy, chick lit read.
Ajla
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
Very enjoyable indeed! And I even laughed out loud a few times while reading it.
Kats
For the last 8 or so years "The Reading Agency" in the UK have been producing easily accessible and very affordable short books, i.e. Quick Reads to encourage reluctant readers to pick up a book and find some pleasure in reading as an activity. Apparently more than 15% of adults in the UK find reading difficult and believe that books are "scary and intimidating" and "not for them".

I think that the authors that get asked each year to participate in the writing of a "Quick Read" do this for chari
Carlie K
Feb 12, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned
This review is originally posted on The Bookish Girl
You can get this book from Book Depository
------------------------------
Stood up by her boyfriend, Nell finds herself alone in the City of Love. This book tells the magical story of a woman in search for her true self and stepping out of her comfort zone.

I was flying alone when I read this, which was probably why I felt so relatable with Nell. Insecure and cautious, Nell loves
Samantha
Feb 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I have never read a Moyes book before, (I know, where have I been?!) And so I love the quick readathon they get released. I feel that it's a chance for me to discover authors I may never have come across before. Moyes is definitely going to be an author I look out for now.

Paris for One is about Nell, she is 26 and so far has never been away with a boyfriend before.

I really don't want to say too much as it will spoil it for you and this is a book you do not want spoilt! It is short, but I felt
Rachel
Aug 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Quick read indeed. Nice taste of Paris, little bit of french & a sweet story of one night shared between an English woman and a Parisian.

“And everything you say sounds better because it’s in French”

“How a man who prides himself on being good with words can find himself without a single one.”
Sarah Obsesses over Books & Cookies
So adorable. I don't read a lot of short stories but JoJo Moyes can do no wrong. I loved this little story about Nell who goes to Paris and gets stood up by her shitty boyfriend who ends up showing up half way through the weekend.
It seemed like one of those "Murphy's Law" type things, the room she'd booked (she booked the trip later realizing maybe the douchebag never wanted to be serious with her to begin with) and ends up sharing with an American woman who's obviously a bitch.
She decides to st
Simona
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bought-not-read
I finally got to read another Jojo Moyes book again, it’s a short one, but still.

Nell is at the train station waiting for her boyfriend to arrive. He’s not going to make it, so she goes to Paris alone. What a fun weekend ahead…

It gets worse when she arrives at the hotel and her room is double booked, an American lady book it as well and it’s the last one available. Nell still hopes that her boyfriend turns up, but he cancels.

On Saturday morning she tries to go back home, but it’s just too expens
Kim
Feb 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015, own, a-z-2015
Nell is desperate to spice up her life a little as she's known for being unadventurous. So she books a romantic weekend in Paris for her and her boyfriend. When he lets her down- she decides that she will still have this adventure and meets some interesting people and has a great trip!

A great QuickRead.
Joanna Marie
Oct 07, 2015 rated it really liked it
I am kinda jealous of Nell because I would trade anything for a weekend in Paris. A cute short read from Jojo Moyes. This time with no tears haha. But my biggest question is will Moyes continue Nell and Fabien's story?! I hope she does because I loved it and I need more of it :))
Leigh Puzon
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another cute and quick read, my second for today! I miss Paris! I wanna go back!
actual rating: 3.7/5
Rikke
Cute, fun and utterly pointless.
Jess
Mar 06, 2016 rated it liked it
This was a cute little read, wish it was a whole book but I am a big fan of Jojo Moyes so I'm glad to read more of her words however I can get them :)
Elsa Joseph
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting book of short stories by a fantastic author. The first story Paris for One is the length of a novella and the additional 8 are short stories. As with any short story collection, there were some that I really liked and others not so much. Instead of being all about 'happily ever after', these stories were a more realistic portrayal of life -- some had happy endings and some didn't but they were all about women and how they handled their lives and their marriages. My favori ...more
Lucy Burdette
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed both the novella and the short stories--especially the romance in Paris
Johanna
Apr 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
Easy wee quick truly indulgent light read! Exactly what I needed to get my reading mojo back 📖👍🏻
Laura | What's Hot?
Jul 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Paris for One is part of the Quick Reads collection by Penguin to try and encourage those who don't have time to read. This title certainly serves its purpose well as it is only 95 pages long, but Moyes has packed in a full-blown adventure into this short story. It's the sort of story that you can pick up and put down again as you go about your business, no harm done. The story is lighthearted without any complications and it's not the sort of read that you need to dedicate a chunk of your time ...more
~☆~Autumn♥♥
Loved this book but now going on to read the rest of the short stories. Add this one to your to read list.

• Red for Revenge
  • Dig og mig ved daggry
  • The Book Boy
  • I'll Take New York
  • After Work
  • A Very Distant Shore (Summer Seaside Kitchen #1.5)
  • The Unmapped Country: Stories and Fragments
  • Lost and Found
  • Would Like to Meet
  • The Winter Wedding
Jojo Moyes is a British novelist.

Moyes studied at Royal Holloway, University of London. She won a bursary financed by The Independent newspaper to study journalism at City University and subsequently worked for The Independent for 10 years. In 2001 she became a full time novelist.

Moyes' novel Foreign Fruit won the Romantic Novelists' Association (RNA) Romantic Novel of the Year in 2004.

She is mar
“Are you still with this man?
On no, She sniffed. I realized pretty quickly I couldn't marry a man without a bookshelf.
No bookshelf?
In his house. Not even a little one in his loo for the Reader's Digest.
Many people in this country don't read books.
He didn't have one book. Not even a true crime. Or a Jeffrey Archer. I mean, what does that tell you about someone's character?”
7 likes
“You don't ever do something just because it makes you feel good?" The assistant shrugs. "Mademoiselle, you need to spend more time in Paris.” 4 likes