Start by marking “Finding Slope: A Taking Flight Novella (Taking Flight, #2.5)” as Want to Read:
Finding Slope: A Taking Flight Novella (Taking Flight, #2.5)

Finding Slope: A Taking Flight Novella

(Taking Flight #2.5)

A spring break ski trip turns into the reunion Willa Thompson and Dan Martin never saw coming.

After months of not talking, Willa and Dan run into each other at the last place they thought they would—a ski lodge in Colorado. Neither of them expected to see the other during spring break, and certainly never expected to meet their ex’s new college friends.

Dan sees this as hi
ebook
Published March 10th 2015 by Erin Brown Writes

To ask other readers questions about Finding Slope, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finding Slope

Start your review of Finding Slope: A Taking Flight Novella (Taking Flight, #2.5)
Alexa
Mar 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I started this series I hadn’t read Dan and Willa’s story. I had started with Making Headlines, and fell in love with Luke and Sophie first. I still have not read Dan and Willa’s story so I wanted to read this one to get to see Sophie and Luke again. I don’t really regret it either. Because I read Sophie’s story first I don’t think I would have fallen in love with Dan the way I was supposed to. But I really loved Willa in Making Headlines and I really wanted to see her get a happy ending be ...more
Erin Brown
Jan 08, 2015 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
I am beyond thrilled to be sharing Finding Slope with you!

Since writing Taking Flight, I’ve known that I’d have to write something more for Dan and Willa. I knew that readers would be confused and unsatisfied with how I ended their story in TF, which, to a point, is what I intended—high school relationships often don’t have a happily ever after and I didn’t want to give two (yes, I realize fictional) high school students a perfect ending. It felt disingenuous to me. So I left their ending a lit
Veronica of V's Reads
Willa and Dan were high school sweethearts. They lived in different cities, but traveled frequently to visit with their non-custodial parents. They met in O’Hare Airport in Chicago at age 14 and dated over the course of four years.

Willa was mad when she learned Dan had secretly been dating a girl back in his hometown, and–when she didn’t get accepted to a school in NYC, like Dan–she decided to end things.

Now, it’s spring break, and Dan and Willa have encountered each other in Vail. It’s awkward,
Emma
Feb 02, 2015 rated it liked it
Both Taking Flight and Finding Slope are sweet romances focusing on the dilemma of long distance relationships and all the pressure stemming from trying to forge a relationships under such stressful circumstances.

I loved the use of serendipity within the narrative, no matter what happens you have the underlying knowledge Willa and Dan are meant to be together. However, this does make it all the more bittersweet witnessing the strife they endure as their respective lives increase the pressure on
Jennifer Strand
Original review posted at www.fictitiousdelicious.com on 03/10/15:

Coming back to Dan and Willa's story is like reconnecting with old friends over drinks. (Drinks like hot chocolate, okay? These guys are underage.) Their story ended on a fairly sour note in TAKING FLIGHT and we got to see glimpses of how sad they were without each other in MAKING HEADLINES so I was excited to see if they got their HEA in FINDING SLOPE.

Let's talk about their breakup a bit, shall we? I didn't even realize until rec
Danielle
3 stars
Willa and Dan were high school sweethearts. Recently they have broke up after a 4 year long distance relationship. As luck would have it, they have both ended up in Vail for spring break to ski. Is this really lucky that they are both not only in Vail, but also hanging out? Maybe. At first it doesn't seem it, but as time wears on, things are looking up for both Dan and Willa.

Willa and Dan both miss each other since the break up. It is still pretty recent, so there are a lot of hurt feelin
Ilana
Letícia Kartalian
Feb 17, 2016
Carmen
Sep 08, 2016
Erin Brown is a writer, Whedonite, Whovian, yogi, HGTV addict, and connoisseur of The CW’s TV line-up. She was born and raised in Arkansas, lived in New York for five years, and now lives in Singapore with her fiancé. She really misses Tex-Mex, Target, and Trader Joe's. You can follow her on Twitter @erinbrownwrites. ...more

Taking Flight (7 books)
  • Taking Flight (Taking Flight #1)
  • Making Headlines: A Taking Flight Novel (Taking Flight, #2)
  • Breaking Tackles: A Taking Flight Novel (Taking Flight #3)
  • Saying Yes: A Taking Flight Novella (Taking Flight #3.5)
  • Untitled (Taking Flight #5)
  • Untitled (Taking Flight #4.5)

News & Interviews