Start by marking “Abuse (Abuse, #1)” as Want to Read:
Abuse (Abuse, #1)

Abuse

(Abuse #1)

Bonjour, my name is André Chevalier. It has been my joy and my great honor to help those who have lost their way. Not long after I began my journey, I met two such wounded souls.

Renata Koreman, my little mouse. She came to me as a child—shy, mute, injured… broken. It took oh-so many years to start to bring her back to herself! Yet, I could not fully heal her.

Years late
Published January 13th 2015 by Ashton Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about Abuse, please sign up.
Nikki Sex I'm on track for getting it out by the end of March! Cross fingers!…moreI'm on track for getting it out by the end of March! Cross fingers!(less)
Nikki Sex Hi Charlie! As you know, I love to put tons of sex in a book and I often start with a bang (so to speak). With ABUSE, the sex scenes don't start until…moreHi Charlie! As you know, I love to put tons of sex in a book and I often start with a bang (so to speak). With ABUSE, the sex scenes don't start until about 30% in. This is more a story with sex, rather than sex with a bit of story. Is it erotic? Hell yes. I'm working on the next book in the series and there will be TONS of sex in that one. Oh, and yes, I will make it available for print, too.(less)

Start your review of Abuse (Abuse, #1)
Lisa *-* GiViNg It To YoU * LoCk StOcK & TwO SmOkiNg BaRrELs
****4.5 StArS****

An avalanche of strong emotions fills my heart after reading this....

Please be WARNED the subject matter is extremely sensitive (view spoiler) this being said....I have to say this book is excellently executed.

I won't lie...this left me within my own labyrinthine of thoughts.

Well, what can I say...the star of the book for me was André Chevalier. I could have definitely hopped on the therapists couch for him what a EXTRAORDINARY characte
✰ Liz ✰
4 Broken and Battered Stars

“Abuse? Ah. Such problems, even with time, do not go away on their own. They must be addressed.”

My initial reaction to this read still stands....
My brain hurts. My emotions are all jumbled up.
Not at all what I expected and yet a very meaningful and heartfelt read.

Days later I find myself still analyzing my thoughts on this book. How the author was able to create such a gut wrenching story is beyond me. Abuse is moving on a deep emotional level. You must prepare yoursel
Nikki Sex
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: erotic, psychological
André Chevalier shines in this one! I think ABUSE may be my BEST book yet. Seriously, I put my all into this one, guys! I've worked with victims of abuse in a professional capacity. What happens in this book is a combination of TRUE STORIES. I hope it touches you as much as it touched me. ...more
Katie
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 emotional stars

description

Wow. Abuse was by far the most emotional, dark and disturbing "romance" novel I have ever read! And OMG, I loved it.

description

I cannot WAIT for the next book! Nikki Sex write faster!!!!
Dia
This book wasn't for me. I dived in hoping to get a dark and twisted story, but what I got was far from it. It's my first book by this author and it was hot at times, even if the author tried to point out some forms of abuse. But I got bored on the way and I actually can't believe I finished it. I am not interested in what happens next. What I know for sure is that I cannot connect to this story. Just adding it to my reading challenge 😉 ...more
MG *Bury Me with My Kindle.. & a REALLY Long Charger*
3 stars

This is the first book in this trilogy, and it ends on a pretty big cliffhanger. The story is about Grant, a man who has lived with dark secrets and emotional pain since he can remember. Beyond the internal demons, he also has suffered gruesome burn marks that scare many people away from him on sight; as a result, he is convinced he is an unlovable, unworthy monster. He finds a therapist (Andre) who utilizes unusual, but effective, methods and feels working with him may be his only chance
 ~*~Princess Nhya~*~
Solid 3.5 Stars

Okay, this one started off really well. And for majority of the book actually. I loved how the facts, the clinical facts of Abuse in all forms, how it affects its victims is explained here. The emotional & just gut wrenching events were well written too.

What I have a problem with his how quickly, and I mean quickly the hero & heroine claim to love & be in love with one another after just one day.

Now I have no problems, usually, with insta love. It all depends on how it's delivere
Lindsey
Feb 12, 2019 rated it liked it
After back and forthing for what seemed like forever. I have settled on 3.25 Stars.

I just don't know how to feel.

I was hooked in the beginning, and couldn't get enough of Andre. Parts 2 (Monster and Mouse) is where this fell short for me. I never got invested with them as a couple. There was constant repetition and lagging towards the end, which became distracting to me. Don't even get me started on the Cliff-Hanger.

So I will now go and ponder on if I want to finish this series or not .......
Coco.V
Jan 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on iBooks today (1/16/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:

Years later, Grant Wilkinson, he too fell into my hands. The ex-Army Ranger was badly disfigur
Debra Johnson
Abuse by Nikki Sex
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, Erotica, Romance, and a new category for me, Psychology/Mental Illness
?????Stars I have no clue what to rate this. I will decide.....Eventually!
*******************************************************
4 stars

This book is broken down into 3 parts.

The 1st part is about 'The Monster', Grant, the male MC.
This part I loved. You really get into Grant's head and he really digs his way into your heart.

The 2nd part is about Renata 'The Mouse', our female MC.
Wh
Dusti Hanrahan
Jun 01, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 stars....
I'm in awe at the research and facts provided in this book about the horrors of different types of abuse and neglect. There was so much to learn about others who have been abused.
The story itself was just not my favorite but rather than leave a bad review I honestly think I was totally off on what I thought this would be like therefore my expectations ruined it for me.
I love to see anyone damaged and hurt overcome and learn to love.
It was fascinating to get to know the tortured soul
Yelena Bosh
Jun 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Dark doesn't even begin to describe the basis of what this story is made of..

Soulful isn't a strong enough description for the way this story touched my mind not to mention how it messed with my heart..

+ Merciless is only the beginning in how Nikki Sex's writing turned mere words and pages into a never ending consumption of emotions..

I was so consumed by the story, even from the very beginning, that I knew having any sort of shield against my "sane" emotions would be useless when it came to Gran
Olga therebelreader
It's been a very interesting, mind blown journey for sure!!! The two main characters, Grant and Renata, were so well analyzed, that I instantly felt the connection. Abuse in any form it's expressed, physical, mental, sexual, emotional, verbal was the common focal point between Grant and Renata. They came to learn, with Andre's assistance, how to pass over their insecurities and fears from childhood abuse and discover together love and happiness. I didn't expect a cliffhanger when I started it, a ...more
Mike Smith
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
READ AND REVIEWED ON BEHALF OF FICTIONAL MENS PAGE FOR BOOK HOS

Kirsty
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I love, love, loved this! It's my second book in the year and it could do no wrong from start to finish.
"Abuse? Ah. Such problems, even with time, do not go away on their own. They must be addressed."

Abuse is my first book by Nikki Sex and it really blew me away! I will definitely be looking in to other books by the author because I just loved her writing style and story telling abilities. I was gripped right from the start, reading nearly half of it in one sitting.

So what's the gist
Janey
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant!!, first 5 star read of the year!, I made a point of not reading any reviews and was really surprised, why?, there's no BDSM in it, light on the sex and I didn't realise what an integral part of the story André is!!, I was so happy I want to meet André, I want him to be real even if only for a fleeting moment, he could say "pass the sugar mon cherie" whilst in Starbucks and I would bask in his greatness, I love André and I'm not ashamed to say it!, Anyhoo the story was really hard to r ...more
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was so good, but not at all what I was expecting. I definitely didn't expect a cliffhanger when I started.

Grant and Renata will just break you heart with all the junk they went through. Can't wait to see where their story goes.

So much yummy Andre, and we finally find out how old he is (not what I was thinking at all).
♛✨Christine ♛✨
This read was intense!

Before I read this I had to get in the mood (psych myself up) because I knew it was going to appeal to all my senses as a book reader. I was right!

The author is incredible! As I always say it takes a truly unique story to knock a bookworm out of their own world and straight into another.

I truly hope the author has more in store for us!
The lady in Red
Sep 19, 2019 rated it liked it
3.5 flowed so seamlessly into the next i didnt notice... review to come
Anna Salamatin
Dec 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This isn't the telling of a story, in as much as it's like watching the struggles of two people being guided by our beloved Andre' Chevalier....Renata Koreman, just a child really when she came to him, mostly broken from a childhood of neglet & abuse, both pysically and mentally. .When she was 13, she and her foster brother Jamie ran away together, they lived on the street and slept in cardboard boxes, ate from trash cans, to her it wasn't any different than living at home. She felt like she fit ...more
Jamie ♡♡ submits to books ♡♡
☆☆☆☆☆5 Souls of Brokenness Stars☆☆☆☆☆

This book is heart twisting awesomeness. I can honestly say this is a hard review to put into the proper words it deserves.

photo PicsArt_1428888870735_zpszoctkxtk.jpg

The wordy , quirky, patient, amazing Dr Andre Chevalier gathers the broken pieces of hidden souls into his world to put back together. His ways are slow and kind with patience and thoughtfulness. The words he speaks are so enlightening, as a reader, this book crosses over into your life.

"Many times karma comes from inside - with
Romance Readers Retreat
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is a good book. This is a really good book. In fact, this may be one of my all time favorite erotic romance novels, at least in my top 10.

Normally I am not one to express a lot of emotion when reading a book, but this book had me blubbering like a blithering idiot one minute, and then laughing out loud a little while later. Nikki can really write, and I don't say that kind of thing easily.

The story is rather simple, Grant Wilkerson is a damaged man, isolated by his scars, both visible and
Caz Malpas
3.5 - 4 TRES BIEN STARS!

Two tortured souls, looking for some sort of peace, Andre Chevalier will try to give them that peace.

Renata and Grant are strangers, both have horrific abusive pasts and are both are scarred mentally, Grant is scarred physically too. Their saviour comes in the form of Frenchman Andre.

I loved Andre and his quirky ways, I'm dying to know his story. When I was reading, in my mind I was doing it in a French accent, more precisely Inspector Clouseau's accent. In hindsight this
Shawna
Dec 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Oh Andre! I am so happy to see him back in a book! This man owns my heart in the way he acts and speaks.

This story is about Grant and Renata. It tells of their pasts and struggles and eventually unites them in an unusual way. There are plenty of secrets that need to be told, but there is also a sense of freedom to be found throughout the story. I am eagerly anticipating a second book to tell the rest of their story!
Natasha Stories
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Wow! What a love story! This is my favourite Nikki Sex book of all. It covers all kinds of ABUSE: Grant sees himself as a monster, Renata sees herself as a mouse. Some real surprises in this one. I was freaked out, every page is like, what??????? And holy shit!!!!! Don’t miss this book. It’s a fantastic LOVE story and completely different from anything I’ve ever read before.
Ashton
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Holy shit! I’ve never read a book like this. I’ve read lots of stories where you understand that the hero or heroine has been abused, but this book really gives the experience of abuse from a first person POV. This book blew me away. It is a must read for everyone in 2015.
Ella  Reese
Jul 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: freebie, dark
It’s difficult to say that I enjoyed this book since much of the subject matter was so dark, but I did. Abuse had an intricate but believable plot following the lives of abuse survivors and their pursuit of recovery.

I loved André Chevalier. He was fun, crazy, arrogant, charismatic, and a bit of a smartass. I really liked Grant as well. His secrets made him more mysterious, and I couldn’t help liking him even though he had a dark side. Most of his self-loathing was unwarranted from childhood abu
Sivutha
5 Emotional Stars

Cliffhanger

Abuse comes in many form such as: physical, mental, sexual, emotional, and, verbal.

Grant sees himself as a monster due to his disfigurement (book 1).
Grant Wilkerson is a damaged man who isolated himself due to his scars, both physical and mental. He works with a counselor, Andre Chevalier, who manages to get inside Grant's heart and brought the good person beyond his appearance.

Renata sees herself as a mouse due to past (book2).
Renata Koreman is an amazing w
Stacie
Dec 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well, this book was not at all what I expected it to be. It is a bit of a study in psychiatry and abuse counseling. Not very much romance. The subject matter is so sad and incredibly heartbreaking. Plus I'm not so sure how believable Grant and Renata's connection is- it's very instant. With that being said, I've become engrossed in Grant and Renata's story so I'm moving on to Accuse. I have lots of questions and remain unconvinced that this is a good pairing. I guess we will see. I very much so ...more
Carvanz
Wow, this one has so much pain and heartache. I loved these characters and the connection they immediately feel for one another. Andre is definitely a keeper and I respected the heck out of the way he helped both Renata and Grant. So many secrets to be revealed and I can’t wait to continue on into Accuse.

Multi POV
Safe (view spoiler)
Triggers (view spoiler)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• Mine for Now ~ Simon (The Billionaire's Obsession, #1.2)
  • Mine Forever ~ Simon (The Billionaire's Obsession, #1.3)
  • Spite Club (Mason Brothers #1)
  • Mine Completely (The Billionaire's Obsession, #1D)
  • Issued to the Bride: One Navy SEAL (Brides of Chance Creek, #1)
  • Cage (Dead Souls MC: Prospects #1)
  • Release! (The Walker Brothers, #1)
  • Mine for Tonight (The Billionaire's Obsession, #1.1)
  • Theirs to Pleasure (The Marriage Raffle #2)
  • Sex Sessions: Uncut (Camera Tales #1)
  • Troublemaker
  • Real Men Knit
  • Stealing Beauty (Captive, #2)
  • Saint (Angelview Academy, #1)
  • No Prince
  • Dark Fairy Tales
  • Arm Candy Warrior (The Heights Crew #2)
  • A Lost Paige (Hidden Kingdom Trilogy #2)
I write sexy contemporary romance and paranormal.
Join my mailing list and receive a FREE (unpublished) André story: http://bit.ly/NikkiSex
Add me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/nikkisexauthor

Abuse (3 books)
  • Accuse (Abuse, #2)
  • Avenge (Abuse, #3)

News & Interviews

“Strange how mean words can return to ones thoughts, years after they’ve been callously thrown at you. They replay in your mind, spiking a sense of remembered pain. Nasty name calling can be an ugly memory that stabs unexpectedly—not unlike a nightmare where you wake up crying.
Sticks and stones, may break your bones—yet, cruel names can hurt you.”
33 likes
“A child, without toxic interference, will naturally become the person they are meant to be. André Chevalier” 5 likes