Start by marking “The Road That Leads To Us (Us, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Road That Leads To Us (Us, #1)

The Road That Leads To Us

(Us #1)

Things are about to get rocky for Dean Wentworth and Willow Wade.

Willow Wade is used to living in the spotlight, with her father a famous drummer in the band Willow Creek—her namesake—it’s been a lot to live up to and oftentimes she doesn’t feel she’s enough. But there has always been one person she could turn to.

Dean Wentworth knows a thing or two about how crippling a na
Published October 27th 2015 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

Nicla
3.5

I am huge fan of Micalea Smeltzer. She writes fantastic sweet low angst new adult read. I enjoyed The Road That Leads To Us but at times I felt the plot dragged a bit. Overall though I think if you enjoyed her Willow Creek series you will enjoy this one.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW/OM (view spoiler)
Any couple separation (view spoiler)
Any push/pull(view spoiler)
Angst Level: Low
Heat Level: Low
Anne OK
Nov 02, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015-reads
YA genre with a cute couple who take a summer road trip and find that their life-long friendship means much more to both of them than they've ever admitted to each other. Lots of crazy summer road fun and entertaining lines of dialogue, along with sweet romance that keeps the heat in the shadows.

This is the first book in a new series that will continue with the second installment in early 2016.
Becca
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Road That Leads To Us is a fantastic first novel for Micalea Smeltzer’s new Us Series! This book epitomizes the New Adult genre, full of growing pains, new adventures, uncertainty, self-discovery and falling in love. Dean and Willow’s road trip was so much fun. These two have an entertaining friendship that embraced their nerdy and bizarre personalities, allowing both of them to be exactly who they are. I loved how genuine their friendship felt, made unshakeable by their total acceptance of ...more
Terri (Le Book Chronicles)
Originally posted on Le Book Chronicles Blog

I've always said I love the whole "friend to more" trope in books, however recently every one I have read I haven't actually enjoyed. The Road That Leads to Us started out very promising. It was a little cheesey at first, but I was enjoying it a lot.

I loved the road trip, it was very "Amy and Roger's Epic Detour" esque. They even named their journal "Willow and Deans Epic Road Trip" so I was thinking that was a bit... coincidental?

The characters were
Heather andrews
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Maddox he hasn't changed much boy is still cray cray, “it’s like you’re all conspiring against me,” he muttered. “I can’t trust any of you. At least I have my hedgehogs.” He stroked the quills of Amy. “They would never betray me this way.” Dean's woman sure has a way with coming up with names:
“Hot Buns?” I repeated in disbelief.
She shrugged and sat back with a smirk on her lips. “You have a nice a**. It seemed fitting.”
I snorted. “You’ve been checking out my a**?”
“Like I said, it’s nice.”
I r
Genesis Sheli (Latte Nights Reviews)
This 3.5 stars review was originally posted on Latte Nights Reviews

If you have been a follower of Micalea for a long time then you know that this book has the son of Trace and Olivia Wentworth from the Trace + Olivia series and the daughter of Willow Creek's lead singer Maddox and his wife Emma Wade from the Willow Creek series. Many of you know I was distraught to be saying goodbye to the Willow Creek series because I adored those characters like no other. They will forever live in my heart.

Dea
Diane plourde
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
description

This is my 5 wonderful star review for The Road That Leads To Us by Micalea Smeltzer. I received this ARC in exchange for an honest review. I've pretty much read all of Micaleas books so far, so I was so ecstatic when I knew I was getting an ARC. Micalea is one of my favourite authors and she never disappoints with her fantastic stories. I can always expect dynamic characters and a gripping storyline. She achieved it with this one. The Willow Creek was by far the best series I've ever read and
Deanna
**ARC received from the author / Give Me Books in exchange for an honest review

4 / 5 stars

The Road That Leads To Us was a sweet journey between Willow Wade and Dean Wentworth. When the both of them embark on a road trip, neither one of them had a clue what was in store for them. Feelings between the two emerge the more these two spend time with each other, and it’s beautiful to watch their dynamics change the more they continue on with their road trip.

Willow is Emma and Maddox daughter. Spunky
Sobia
Keeping this short(ish):

2 stars because

1) while very sweet, this was also very dull. There's no conflict between the main characters, there's no big bad they have to fight...stuff happened, but it all seemed sorta pointless.

and 2) Neither main character grew on me. The hero I never really liked, but I also never dislike him either...he was just there. The heroine on the other hand...She was supposed to come off as cute and quirky (I think) but there were a few times she came off as self involv
Amy
Oct 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“Sometimes the most important things stare us right in the face, waiting until the perfect moment to be noticed. This is our moment.”

The Road That Leads To Us was such a fun read. I am a sucker for a friends to lover’s romance and this one did not disappoint.

The Road That Leads To Us follows the story of Willow and Dean. Willow is at a crossroads in life and isn’t sure if the path that she’s on, is the right plan for her. So, she decides to go on a road trip. However, when her friends bail on he
Romance Readers Retreat
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was different than any of Micalea Smeltzer's other books I have previously read, but it turned out just as amazing! Willow and Dean take you on a long, sweet, romantic journey as they take the road trip that will forever change things between them. I absolutely love Dean and Willow! Their connection to one another is so strong that you just know it will last for a lifetime. This book made me laugh more than anything, but also made me tear up at a few of the more sentimental moments it ...more
M.
Nov 12, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
I thought this book would be right up my alley, but upon reading the first pages, I knew that there was something off about it, something that didn't make me want to continue. I let it rest and decided that maybe I wasn't in the right mind frame for it. I picked it up again while we were stuck in traffic, and the fact that watching cars move at snail pace was more entertaining than this book said a lot.

I didn't care for the MC's personality and that's usually a big turn off for me. The story is
Selena
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I'm so hooked on this author - and this book following dean and willows story was a great lead on can't wait for the next one
Sara
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Sickeningly sweet. Uneventful and by no means perfect but adorable nonetheless
Tash
Oct 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Reviewed @ Confessions From Romaholics
Review copy kindly provided by author in exchange for a honest review

I do like the idea of a road trip new adult romance, I have read some amazing ones that I have adored to pieces so I was definitely curious about this one after discovering the book by chance because of that cover. It is so clean and edge and draws you in and I took a chance with

The Road That Leads to Us is my first book of this author and had no clue this book as tied to previous two diff
Wendy
Oct 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I saw who this book was about, I was really excited to read it. Seeing these kids grown up was so great to read. Micalea always hooks me into her stories and TRTLTU was no different.

When Willow’s friends bail on their plans to go on a road trip, she goes home to swallow her sorrows. While there, she goes to visit her best friend Dean. When Dean suggests that they embark on this road trip themselves, Willow jumps at the opportunity. However, neither of them knows what this trip will really
Julia - The Romance Bibliophile
I really enjoyed reading Dean and Willow's story in "The Road That Leads To Us." Dean and Willow were great main characters, and I liked their personalities and chemistry together. Dean was easy going and laid back, while Willow was more adventurous and energetic. I liked that they balanced each other out well, and how they had a strong and close friendship that developed into so much more. Their relationship happened a little fast in my opinion, but it was perfect for the characters and I was h ...more
Shawna (Blue's Books)
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
there are not enough words in the dictionary to convey my love for this book!

the Trace + Olivia Series was my very first by Micalea & I loved them and The Willow Creek Series is my newest loves by her! so imagine my insane excitement when I found out that the kids from these two awesome series were getting their own book.

Dean & Willow are the perfect combination of their parents & pretty much the cutest thing since hedgehogs.

i cannot wait for more of those series!!!!
❤️Melanie
Sep 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. It was funny, sweet, loving an just all in all a great read. I fell in love with Dean and Willow. They complimented each other perfectly, her easy go lucky attitude to his protective and loving spirit. I also loved the value of family this book has in it. I am so excited to read Liam's story and get a glimpse of what Dean and Willow have going on in their lives.
booknerd_dork
I liked it. It was cute and fluffy read. I liked Willow and Dean was cute! But sometimes when Dean thought same thing too many times annoyed me a little. But they are cute together! I liked it.
The book is standalone but their story is far from over, I'd like to know more about them but am excited to read Liam's story!
Got the book in exchange of an honest review.
Amanda Anderson
Sep 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
WHAT A RIDE? I loved this book! Dean & Willow made me laugh, cry, but overall fall in love. They made me want to go on a road trip. I thought Maddox stole my heart but Dean won me over. Its a definite must read. I promise you will love it. Overall I can't wait for more.
Marianne (Boricuan Bookworms)
I wasn't in the right mood for this
Kendall {Book Crazy}
Sep 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, favorites
Review to come!
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
This sounds really good :)

description
Surbhi
Sep 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Gosh I really want to do a road trip with my friends. Uffff.
Sophia Gracin
Oct 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: na, contemporary
My first Micalea Smeltzer and it certainly won't be my last. Really looking forward to the next book in this series especially.
Lesley Koke DeWig
4Stars

I adored Dean and Willow's story. I especially loved seeing Maddox and the gang all grown up. Looking forward to learning more about Liam.
Kathleen Williams
To road trips

On to the next generation an it was awesome I loved everything about Willow and Dean's story the connection they have each other you felt it even the closeness with the families. Look forward to Liam's story.
J.J.
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
Meh. Wasn't a big fan of Willow (she felt younger than she was) but it wasn't horrible overall.
  • The Art of Being Indifferent (The Twisted Family Tree Series, #1)
  • The Record of My Heart (Words, #3.5)
  • False Start (Love and Skate, #5)
  • A God in Carver
  • To Kiss a Prince (Notting Hill Diaries #0.5)
  • Rikki (Hart University, #1)
  • Dream Girls: Stephanie (Dream Girls, #2)
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Moonshine
  • The One Left Behind (The One, #1)
  • Sky Cowboy (Down Under Cowboy, #2)
  • The Divided
  • Heartless (The Chasing Hearts Series, #1)
  • The Absence of Olivia (Love and Loss, #1)
  • HeartLess
  • Unforeseen Heartbeat (Second Chances, #2)
  • Calling California (Hunter Hill University #1)
  • Sometimes Moments (Sometimes Moments, #1)
Micalea Smeltzer is a twenty-something author from Northern Virginia. She has four dogs, which is as crazy as it sounds. As a recent kidney transplant recipient she's dedicated to raising awareness around the effects of kidney disease, dialysis, and transplant as well as educating people on living donation. She enjoys writing about fantastical paranormal creatures and sexy rock stars. When she's n ...more

Us (4 books)
  • The Lies That Define Us (Us, #2)
  • The Game That Breaks Us (Us, #3)
  • Wild Collision (The Wild, #1)  (Us, #4)
“The most devilish of things can come in the most unassuming of packages,” 1 likes
“If you let fear rule you you’ll miss the beautiful things right in front of you.” 1 likes