Start by marking “Love from The Very Hungry Caterpillar” as Want to Read:
Love from The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Love from The Very Hungry Caterpillar

You are . . . the cherry on my cake . . . the apple of my eye. You make . . . the sun shine brighter . . . my heart flutter . . .

Join The Very Hungry Caterpillar for a celebration of love and all the ways to tell that special someone how much you care. This delightful little book features Eric Carle's bright and distinctive artwork of favourite things, from pretty sweets t
Published January 2nd 2015 by Puffin Books

To ask other readers questions about Love from The Very Hungry Caterpillar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love from The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Start your review of Love from The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Calista
The Hungry Caterpillar is back to tell you he loves you. I don’t know why the artwork works so well, but I love seeing Eric’s artwork. I love seeing the hungry Caterpillar back. That book simply works.

This is a simple book for young kids. I did not read this to either child. Only my review.

I've about finished all the reviews I had stored up. Our library still has no date to open so I am about to run out of things to post. I can make it through May. I'll have to look into the Openlibrary and see
Jon Nakapalau
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just in time for Valentine's Day!
Karin
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Adorable little book featuring the cute caterpillar from The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Perfect for someone on Valentine's Day.
April
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet, simple book that is only made more beautiful by Eric Carle's bold and unique illustrations.
Jennifer Brown
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute and simple picture book featuring the very hungry caterpillar. Nice illustrations and would be fun for younger kids.
Melanie
The caterpillar accompanies readers through this simple book of positive expressions; for example, apple of my eye, bees knees, etc.

This book is meant more as a gift book that one would give to someone they love, rather than a library book to be checked out.

It's lack of child-appropriate message (preschool children do not understand colloquialisms such as the bees knees) makes this a non-starter for storytimes.
Jenna
Just came in. Cute, but, as other reviewers have stated, the writing is rather like a collection of Hallmark cards put together under the Very Hungry Caterpillar theme. I almost wish it had been a Valentine from a parent to a child, but this seems more of a romantic...picture book Valentine. I suppose for those who share a love of hungry caterpillars?
Lauren
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, childrens
This book is very cute and I want to get one for everyone that I love.
Christine
Simple and sweet with beautiful artwork. I do feel it's more of a gift book than a children's picture book though.
TJ & AJ
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tjs-reads, our-books
Very short but sweet book. TJ's favorite page is the one with the butterfly.
Batgirl13
A short, fun Eric Carle book about Amor (Love). I used this for a Valentine's Day story-time in my beginner Spanish classes. We read the Spanish version and then tried to translate it into English. A lot of the sayings don't translate very well directly so it was a good example of how hard it can be to translate things like "You make my heart flutter" into another language. We then read the English version as well. Cute new story featuring a classic character!
Storywraps
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh how everyone loved "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" book. It was first published on June 3, 1969. It was the winner of many, many children's literature awards and a major graphic design award. According to Wikipedia it has sold 30 million copies worldwide. It has been described as having sold the equivalent of a copy per minute since its publication and as one of the greatest childhood classics of all time. It is now 47 years old and has been published in 47 different languages.

He's back once ag
The Book Box
Feb 15, 2016 added it
Shelves: own
Re-read February 2020: Mama read this to my class and we read it for Valentine's day. I read it to myself a lot, too! AND Oma and Opa gave me a new copy for Valentine's day!

Re-read February 2018: I have been very into the Very Hungry Caterpillar lately so I wanted to re-read this book. I love the illustrations and finding the little caterpillar on the end papers.

Originally read February 2016: Oma and Opa gave me this for Valentine's Day! Mama read it to me last night and again this afternoon. I
Kelly
If you’re looking for a book to give your loved one on Valentine’s Day, this is a cute book. It’s a children’s book, so it is simple. And it has typical Carle illustrations. But the simple story gets the message across and it’s very sweet.
Rebecca
Mar 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
A mini book that stretches the caterpillar's franchise but is actually quite adorable -- certainly meant as a Valentine's gift.
Earl
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Sweet book for Eric Carle and the Very Hungry Caterpillar fans.
Carrie
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alistair
Very short, but heartwarming. Great way to say "I love you" to a kid in your life (or maybe even an adult).
Lori Tatar
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super easy early reader with the beautiful, vibrant illustrations Eric Carle is so famous for!
Carrie
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Because it is Valentine's Week.
Tracy
A sweet little love book starring the Very Hungry Caterpillar!
Dana
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick, sweet book staring many of Carle’s stars from former books with a Valentine’s Day or love theme.
Tari Randall
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just cute! This one and Carle’s I Love Mom, and I Love Dad are my little ones favorites to read to us❤️
Ruth Ann
Delightfully sweet.
Perfect for gift-giving.
Paul
Carle’s ode to love via a caterpillar is so simple and so typical of his visual style.
donna Jenner
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very cute book for kids
Marti M
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect for Valentine’s Day
Kelly
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute. Used as part of a valentine storytime.
Roseanne
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always a sweet read.
Valleri
This was a short but sweet book to read to a child about how much they are loved. I would highly recommend this short story as a companion to the original Hungry Caterpillar.
Diane Coon

• If Animals Kissed Good Night
  • Dragons Love Tacos
  • One Boy
  • Moo, Baa, La La La!
  • The Good Egg (The Bad Seed, #2)
  • Five Little Ducks
  • Let's Count to 100!
  • Maisy Learns to Swim
  • The Good Egg Presents: The Great Eggscape!
  • How to Catch a Leprechaun
  • Just Go To Bed (A Golden Look-Look Book)
  • Chasing Space: An Astronaut's Story of Grit, Grace, and Second Chances
  • I Am Human: A Book of Empathy
  • Red House, Tree House, Little Bitty Brown Mouse
  • Miss Nelson Is Back (Miss Nelson, #2)
Eric Carle (born June 25, 1929) is a children's book author and illustrator, most famous for his book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, which has been translated into over 30 languages. Since The Very Hungry Caterpillar was published in 1969, Eric Carle has illustrated more than seventy books, many best sellers, most of which he also wrote, and more than 71 million copies of his books have sold around ...more

News & Interviews