Start by marking “Love from The Very Hungry Caterpillar” as Want to Read:
Love from The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Love from The Very Hungry Caterpillar

You are . . . the cherry on my cake . . . the apple of my eye. You make . . . the sun shine brighter . . . my heart flutter . . .

Join The Very Hungry Caterpillar for a celebration of love and all the ways to tell that special someone how much you care. This delightful little book features Eric Carle's bright and distinctive artwork of favourite things, from pretty sweets t
Published January 2nd 2015 by Puffin Books

To ask other readers questions about Love from The Very Hungry Caterpillar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love from The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Jon(athan) Nakapalau
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just in time for Valentine's Day!
April
Jan 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet, simple book that is only made more beautiful by Eric Carle's bold and unique illustrations.
Karin
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
Adorable little book featuring the cute caterpillar from The Very Hungry Caterpillar. Perfect for someone on Valentine's Day.
Melanie
The caterpillar accompanies readers through this simple book of positive expressions; for example, apple of my eye, bees knees, etc.

This book is meant more as a gift book that one would give to someone they love, rather than a library book to be checked out.

It's lack of child-appropriate message (preschool children do not understand colloquialisms such as the bees knees) makes this a non-starter for storytimes.
Jenna
Just came in. Cute, but, as other reviewers have stated, the writing is rather like a collection of Hallmark cards put together under the Very Hungry Caterpillar theme. I almost wish it had been a Valentine from a parent to a child, but this seems more of a romantic...picture book Valentine. I suppose for those who share a love of hungry caterpillars?
Christine
Simple and sweet with beautiful artwork. I do feel it's more of a gift book than a children's picture book though.
Lauren
Mar 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, childrens
This book is very cute and I want to get one for everyone that I love.
Kelly
If you’re looking for a book to give your loved one on Valentine’s Day, this is a cute book. It’s a children’s book, so it is simple. And it has typical Carle illustrations. But the simple story gets the message across and it’s very sweet.
Ruth Ann
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Always a sweet read.
Lori Tatar
Mar 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Super easy early reader with the beautiful, vibrant illustrations Eric Carle is so famous for!
Paul
Carle’s ode to love via a caterpillar is so simple and so typical of his visual style.
Kelly
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute. Used as part of a valentine storytime.
Marti M
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect for Valentine’s Day
Carrie
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Because it is Valentine's Week.
donna Jenner
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very cute book for kids
Diane Coon
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Memorized!
Tari Randall
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just cute! This one and Carle’s I Love Mom, and I Love Dad are my little ones favorites to read to us❤ ...more
Tracy
A sweet little love book starring the Very Hungry Caterpillar!
Earl
Jan 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Sweet book for Eric Carle and the Very Hungry Caterpillar fans.
Carrie
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: alistair
Very short, but heartwarming. Great way to say "I love you" to a kid in your life (or maybe even an adult).
Dana
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick, sweet book staring many of Carle’s stars from former books with a Valentine’s Day or love theme.
Josie Stewart
Feb 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-book
How did I miss this book until now? So sweet.
Storywraps
Feb 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh how everyone loved "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" book. It was first published on June 3, 1969. It was the winner of many, many children's literature awards and a major graphic design award. According to Wikipedia it has sold 30 million copies worldwide. It has been described as having sold the equivalent of a copy per minute since its publication and as one of the greatest childhood classics of all time. It is now 47 years old and has been published in 47 different languages.

He's back once ag
Kathryn (Nine Pages)
Originally published on my blog, Nine Pages .

This is another book made by hijacking Eric Carle’s works and piecing them together. But unlike the Favorite Words series, this one has… sentences. Sappy text like “you are the cherry to my cake” is accompanied by the caterpillar on the cherry atop a cake and “you make my heart flutter” by the caterpillar as a butterfly and “you are the bee’s knees” by a swarm of friendly bees. It’s a sweet book to read to a beloved child or maybe to give to a sweeth
The Book Box
Feb 15, 2016 added it
Shelves: own
Re-read February 2018: I have been very into the Very Hungry Caterpillar lately so I wanted to re-read this book. I love the illustrations and finding the little caterpillar on the end papers.

Originally read February 2016: Oma and Opa gave me this for Valentine's Day! Mama read it to me last night and again this afternoon. I really like the illustrations because I can point to them and say what they are, like "berry" for strawberry, and I can say "I love you!" along with Mama at the end.
Joan Marie
Feb 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Twinkle
May 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-book
A sweet little book that would actually be a lovely gift for anyone you love - big or small.
The slow-paced and thoughtful text, combined with Eric Carle's delightful illustrations, make it a nice little celebration of love.
Breon Randon
For fans of the Hungry Caterpillar, a must-read extension of the original. It pretty much compares all the ways you love your baby to food. Who would't love that. Someone who's un-American, that's who! ;)

Seriously gorgeous illustrations. A keeper.
sucker4synth
Jan 22, 2016 rated it liked it
So'k Valentine's Day-themed Very Hungry Caterpillar book. Very limited pages, some of this are rather predictable. Love Eric Carle, but this more of a "gift" than a "book", just something cute to give to someone.

• Love
  • Gideon & Otto
  • Duck & Goose Find A Pumpkin
  • Nose to Toes, You Are Yummy!
  • No More Diapers for Ducky!
  • A Kiss Like This
  • Big Hugs, Little Hugs
  • Look and Be Grateful
  • All Kinds of Kisses
  • Duck to the Rescue
  • Nest
  • The I LOVE YOU Book
  • Tickle Time! (A Boynton on Board Book)
  • Yoo-Hoo, Ladybug!
  • The Lost Dinosaur Bone (The New Adventures of Mercer Mayer's Little Critter)
  • Old Dog Baby Baby
  • Pete the Cat: Robo-Pete
  • Dancing Feet!
Eric Carle (born June 25, 1929) is a children's book author and illustrator, most famous for his book The Very Hungry Caterpillar, which has been translated into over 30 languages. Since The Very Hungry Caterpillar was published in 1969, Eric Carle has illustrated more than seventy books, many best sellers, most of which he also wrote, and more than 71 million copies of his books have sold around ...more