Start by marking “Slash and Burn (Bullet, #5)” as Want to Read:
Slash and Burn (Bullet, #5)

Read Book

Slash and Burn (Bullet #5)

Is theirs a match made in heaven…or hell?

Nick Channing, drummer for Fully Automatic, has never taken relationships seriously. He’s had fun and met dozens of women—mostly one-night stands—and he prefers it that way. From his parents to his friends, he’s witnessed love and relationships firsthand and believes women are nothing but a headache.

Nick, Brad, and Val team up aga
Published January 19th 2015 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about Slash and Burn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Slash and Burn

Twinsie Talk Angie J
Jan 18, 2015 Twinsie Talk Angie J rated it it was amazing
check out this review and others at

I received this book from the author for a honest review.

So if you know me, you know I am a Daddy Brad girl right? You remember the angst and drama from Bullet right? You remember hating people and loving others and wanting to punch people in the face right? Oh that was just me? ANYWAY, all I can say is be ready!!! Have your “guns” under control. Keep your Kindle near soft pillows
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Copy received from the author for an honest review

Oh, what a joy it is to be back in the world of Bullet/Fully Automatic! It feels like it has been so long since we have gotten to spend any real time with them!

Nick Channing is Fully Automatic's drummer, and I have felt that through the other books in the series, he has been in the background. But not anymore!!

Now also playing with Val's new band, Val Hella (awesome name!) and it is time for him to hang up is "player" boots and settle down with t
Jan 13, 2015 Amy rated it it was amazing
Another great book in an outstanding series by one of my absolute favorite authors! Jade has done it again! I have loved Nick since Bullet, but I just fell in love with him even more. *swoon*
What took me by surprise is that Nick has become my favorite. I didn’t think anyone could take the place of Brad, but he did, in spades. There were many times I wanted to let loose on Brina, OMG what a bitch! Of course, there were also times that, damn, I wanted to be Brina! *fans face* Holy hell, talk about
JG ~ Jezabell Girl & Friends

Thank the Gods, the Bulletin series has returned and this time it's for a story focusing on drummer, Nick. Nick is a real sweetie and not at all like the rough and ready rocker that his image portrays, sorry, but that’s the truth. He’s a heart-on-his-sleeve guy whether you like it or not!!!!

Val's new band, Val Hella has been formed but Val, Brad and Nick need to recruit a bass player but what they don't expect to find is Sabrina (Sinna) Moreno. An exceptional performer but with an icy temperame
Kelly 'Perusing Princesses blog'
Slash and Burn is a sexy journey of self-discovery, acceptance and love amid the crazy world of rock 'n' roll.

Slash and Burn is the story of Fully Automatic drummer, Nick Channing.

Nick has always been the clown. He knows how to make a girl laugh, getting him more then his fair share of bed partners, but there is one line that Nick doesn't cross, and that is letting someone into his heart. And with good enough reason. He has first-account knowledge of what it's like growing up in a family living
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

Slash and Burn is the 5th book in the Bullet series. Reading books 1 through 4 are a must to love this series as it should be loved.

That being said, there were some things I loved about this book and there were some things that I did not. Don't get your panties in a bunch, I am a huge fan of Jade's and that will never change.

I loved Nick from book one, there was always something about him I wanted to know more about. I
Jan 04, 2015 Sue rated it it was amazing
OK...I've said it before and I'll say it again...I am HUGE fan of the Bullet series. As far as I'm concerned Jade Jamison has written THE best rocker book series of all of the ones I have read. Her characters are fully developed, complex and you can find parts of them you love and hate...just like any real person you know. I am a big supporter of the Brad/Val love story (although I also have a soft spot for reformed bad-boy Ethan) and now with Slash and Burn, we get to see a bit more of the drum ...more
Keri Anderson-gilson
Jan 03, 2015 Keri Anderson-gilson rated it it was amazing
I have always said I love Nick. When I first read BULLET Nick's character stuck with me. He was the funny sarcastic one. After reading Slash and Burn Nick is still my favorite. I loved this story.
Nick and Brina take you through a roller coaster of emotions. There were times I hated Brina and times I just felt so bad for Nick. I definitely recommend you read this. If you haven't read BULLET or any of the other books in the series, get them now! You are missing out on some great books.
Feb 01, 2015 Donna rated it it was amazing
Love bullet series ! nick falls in love but are the feelings mutual ? Is he heading for heartbreak or is there someone else pick up pieces ? Has she been there all along he hadnt realised ? Loved ending !
Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk
Mar 01, 2015 Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk rated it it was amazing
I received this book from the author for an honest review.

The Bullet series is back and this time we are following Nick. Now other than him being the drummer and a player that's really all I knew about him. So I was ready to find out more about him. Wow did Jade take me for a ride she had me going in so any directions I didn't know where I was going at times.

This starts off with Brad and Val putting Val's new band together, Val Hella. They needed a a bass player and were holding tryouts. Val wa
Amie Morgado- We Stole Your Book Boyfriend
It is always so refreshing to read Jade , her books are full of raw and gritty emotion and sex !! The characters are easy to relate to and they are real ! It felt so good to get back with the gang and I am hoping to get with them again real soon !! After the little tease of Christmas Stalkings I knew I wanted to read more about Val Hella and their journey. I was so excited to learn this book was about Nick and his part of Val Hella , almost like the best of both worlds !! Nick has always been ar ...more
Jan 19, 2015 Bethany rated it really liked it
Oh sweet Nick, the member of Fully Automatic you always wanted to know more about. I was so excited to jump into his story. What is it about drummer that is so mysterious and sexy?
The new band venture is Van Hella consisting of Brad, Val, and Nick and a new bassist they found to replace Ethan. This new band member, Sabrina comes in the form of hardcore, badass rocker chick and Nick is immediately smitten. She oozes rock & roll and has an axe to grind and I am not talking just music…she is a
Jan 14, 2015 Kelly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Jade has finally brought back the next installment in the Bullet series, and my rocker heart is full of excitement! This series is rock n’ roll at it’s best, chock full of heat and intensity. These characters have faced some serious issues and situations, and I’ve loved every second of it!

Val is back in the music lime light with her new band Val Hella. With her man Brad and long time friend Nick at her side, they’ve brought in a newbie, Sabrina aka Sinna. She’s a force to be reckoned with, and N
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books)
Nick the playa...
I'm a big fan of the Bullet series. I really enjoyed seeing Val back in the music scene, writing songs and singing again. It's so cool that she has her own band now, Val Hella. Fully Automatic is still going, but Brad & Nick are part of Val's band too. Brad & Val are still such a great couple, they deserve it after all they've been through. Now it's time to pull the band together, find a bass player, and hit the road on tour. Being the female lead singer, Val would prefe
Mary Lou Hoffman
Series: Bullet #5
Category /Genre: Contemporary Romance
Recommended for: 18+ due to sexual content
Received from: Jade C. Jamison (in exchange for an honest review/Beta reading)
Grammar/editing: ungraded – book received as an unedited ARC / errors excused

This is the fifth novel in the Bullet series. Each does stand alone, but it is better to read them in order.

Brad is encouraging and supporting Val in creating her band, Val Hella. Nick has agreed to play drums, Brad is guitar,
Jan 05, 2015 Toni rated it really liked it
I was lucky enough to recieve this from the author. I love this series. And this book was up there with rest of them. I never give away what happens and I dont bother rehashing the plot since you can read that from the blurb. But Nick really stood out in this book. The great thing about Jade's writing is that your able to truly feel the heart of each of her characters. The manwhore Nick went through an abundace of emotions set off by Brina. In the end all was the way it should be, thankfully. An ...more
Apr 26, 2016 Carol rated it it was ok
What a disappointment!
Nick was the worst excuse for a man in this book. He starts off by getting so drunk that he sleeps with his best friend Gracie and then totally acts like an ass afterwards.
In comes Sabrina "Sinna" to play in Val's new band. Nick is in lust as first sight and from then on loses his man card. He acts like the weakest excuse for a man. Brina is a class one bitch and treats him like shit but he keeps coming back for more. She says jump and Nick asks, how high?
He is ruled by his
Dawn Guidry
Jan 22, 2015 Dawn Guidry rated it liked it
I have to start by saying that I had to force myself to finish this book. I LOVE(!!!!!) this series, but this book fell flat for me. The ending and HEA were extremely rushed, and honestly I would have much preferred to read more about what happened in the last 20 pages than what happened in the rest of the book. Sinna is a bitch. Period. There is not one redeeming quality about her. She is cold, heartless, devoid of feelings, and simply incapable of love. I would be fine with not having to read ...more
Jan 23, 2015 Marilyn rated it it was amazing
I always feel I have to brace myself when I read one of Ms. Jamison's books because her characters are not always likeable...Sabrina...or behave just as you want them to...Nick. Sometimes the story unfolds in a different way than you anticipate, but always, the characters are well written, the story immensely readable, and they always have me waiting for more from her. I read this book in record time, because I had to know the outcome, and I loved it!
Nancy Metsch
Jan 18, 2015 Nancy Metsch rated it it was amazing
The Fully Automatic series is my all time favorite by Jade!!!
She kicked some serious ass with this book. I didn't like Sabrina from the beginning of the book. The way she treat Nick was proof of how I felt, don't get me wrong Nick was a huge player. But he didn't deserve Sabrina's crap!!! as for Gracie...I don't think I ever yelled at a reading device like I did with that.
Jade you just made this series that much better....But #Ilovebrad
Jan 19, 2015 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Another great installment in one of my favorite series. I fell in love with this series from the moment I read Bullet. I loved Ethan. However, I have always had a soft spot for drummers. Really who am I kidding though I have a soft spot for guys in bands.

Nick Channing was no exception. He definitely lives up to his rocker bad boy status. Still not sure if I like Sabrina but I love how the book turned out. I am glad he got his HEA.
Heather / Obsessed With Myshelf
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Nick is actually a pretty decent guy. Minus the fact that he’s all about being a player – or at least was until he meets Brina. She rocks his world in more ways than one & makes him question what he’s always thought he’s known. But Brina has other plans. She’s one bad ass, bossy bitch. This book isn’t about the dominant man – it’s definitely about the dominant WOMAN. If you’re into threesomes & serious rocker action then you
Perusing Princesses
Mar 18, 2015 Perusing Princesses rated it really liked it
Awwwwwww... Nicky Nicky Nicky... You can call me babe anytime!!.
I love Jade's Bullet Series!!!. This one gives you a very hot and sinful story with Sabrina, Val Hella's new bassist. God you just want too like her prickly Self.. Lol. And Nick sure had some hot hot fun with her. But our Nick wants to love and be loved... Can Sabrina give that to him???
Read on my lovelies!!!!
Elizabeth (Perusing Princesses)
Awwwwwww... Nicky Nicky Nicky... You can call me babe anytime!!.
Read on my lovelies!!!!
Jan 23, 2015 Louise rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Another damn fine job from Jade.

Nick is the funny, charming drummer from Fully Automatic, I didn't think anyone could beat Brad but Nick came a very close second. He's a big softy with a heart of gold, but still a bad ass drummer. Sabrina is a total bitch and I wanted to beat her ass!!! I'm so glad it ended the way it did.
Jan 13, 2015 Carrie rated it really liked it
Review coming soon!
Melissa Durbin
Jul 27, 2015 Melissa Durbin rated it it was amazing
I have to say that I'm very happy with the ending of the book but there for a while I wasn't sure I was going to get my HEA. Thanks Jade for making sure that Nick ended up with who he deserved.
Jan 22, 2015 Melissa rated it it was ok
This one fell completely short for me. Sabrina is a horrible and wretched human being whom doesn't deserve for Nick to even give her a second thought. The second threesome is salacious and unnecessary. Gracie is sweet and caring. At least this story ends on a high note BUT it barely gives us a glimpse of Nicks HEA. On top of all of that, there is barely any dialogue which caused me to skim thru quite a bit of the book. 2 sad sack and lack luster stars.
Sep 05, 2016 Katherine rated it liked it
Jan 30, 2016 Kimkbries rated it really liked it
This was a great story about Nick. Best friends with Gracie but attracted to Sabrina. Watching Nick figure out what was in his heart was a sole searching journey. Will he find his HEA? Enjoy reading another great story in the Bullet series.
  • Rock Angel
  • Strumming Me
  • Unspoken Words (The Unspoken Love Series, #1)
  • Lost Avalon (A Finding Nolan Novel #1)
  • Above the Noise (In Too Deep, #3)
  • Rockstar's Temptation (Decoy #4)
  • Reckless Weekend (Reckless Beat, #2.5)
  • House of Cards (Mirrored, #2)
  • Suddenly Dirty (Dirty Texas, #1)
  • Taming Dex (69 Bottles #4)
  • No Apologies
  • The Legend of Arturo King (Legendary Rock Star, #1)
  • In The Absence of You
  • Gibson's Legacy (Last Score, #1)
  • Outside
  • One Kiss with a Rock Star (Half-Life, #2)
  • All Night Long (Black Halo #1)
  • Stardust (Star Sequence, #2)
Jade C. Jamison was born and raised in Colorado and has decided she likes it enough to stay forever. Jade's day job is teaching Creative Writing, but teaching doesn't stop her from doing a little writing herself.

Unfortunately, there's no one genre that quite fits her writing. Her work has been labeled romance, erotica, suspense, and women's fiction, and the latter is probably the safest and closes
More about Jade C. Jamison...

Bullet (6 books)
  • Bullet (Bullet, #1)
  • Rock Bottom (Bullet, #2)
  • Feverish (Bullet, #3; Feverish, #1)
  • Fully Automatic (Bullet, #4)
  • Locked and Loaded (Bullet, #6)