Start by marking “Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)” as Want to Read:
Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)

Spiraled

(Callahan & McLane #3)

FBI Special Agent Ava McLane solves crimes; she doesn’t witness them. When she’s trapped in a mall without her weapon as a shooter picks off victims, she hides with a wounded teen and prays for her survival.

But that’s only the beginning…

An epidemic of mass shootings has swept across Oregon. The young shooters terrify the public, committing random murders before taking thei

Published June 2nd 2015 by Montlake Romance

Start your review of Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
Mo
Feb 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
This one seemed to drag for me when I started. Then again, I had just finished a fantastic series where every book was 5 stars that I knew my next read would be hard to get into. But I persevered and ended up really enjoying it.

But that’s only the beginning…

Now, you know me. I lo
Kristina
Jul 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
I listened on Audible through KU. The narration was superb.
This 3rd book in the Callahan & McLane series had so many problems, I tripped and broke my ankle jumping over one plot-hole to the next.
After reading the initial mall scene, I had the book figured out. Almost exactly. I just hadn't figured out how. But hey, if it's an entertaining tale, I'm happy to go along for the ride. Unfortunately... The HOW comes to light very early when Callahan and his partner are interviewing the parents of th
Julie
May 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Spiraled by Kendra Elliot is a 2015 Montlake publication.

I really like the Callahan and McLane series by Kendra Elliot, and each installment seems to get stronger and more cohesive.

This chapter in the series is incredibly fast paced, and packs several emotional wallops along the way too.

Ava is at the mall, when a mass shooter opens fire. She’s a hero, but the aftermath of the event leaves her shaken and more fragile than I’ve ever seen her. To put the cherry on the cake, her twin sister, Jayn
Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey)
I've been so busy, I haven't been able to write my normal reviews. So here is another quick review. One hot sexy scene, but outside of that, the mystery keeps you on your toes.

I will say I figured out who the killer(s) was(were) immediately. However, the author did a good job making me second guess myself. That kept me wondering if I was right until it was revealed.

I do really enjoy this couple of law enforcement and one of them has gone through more than their fair share of crap. I look forwar
Paige  Bookdragon
Elliot is baaaack!
Luli
Aug 15, 2017 rated it really liked it

You can find this review in English below.

Como siempre, esta autora no me defrauda con sus suspenses. En este caso otra vez es algo original, interesante y bien hecho. Me ha tenido enganchada al libro de principio a fin, sobre todo porque esta vez, deja algunas pistas al lector y yo ya había hecho mi apuesta sobre qué estaba pasando y quería ver si tenía razón o no.
La tenía, ;-p

No puedo ponerle una pega al suspense. El romance vuelve a ser inexistente salvo por pequeñas interacciones de los prot
Cindy
May 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Hold on to your seats for this one. Literally starts off with a bang and you’re on a adrenaline filled ride to the end. Ava McLane has gotten herself in the middle of chaos again.

It’s been 8 months since Ava and Mason met and their relationship has sure been filled with intense situations that would test any new relationship but Mason has proven he’s in it for the long haul. Ava is supposed to be on vacation from her job with the FBI but instead finds herself in the middle of mass shooting at t
CD {Boulder Blvd}
Although I like this series, I wasn't a fan of this book. There were just too many times that the investigation and the roles that Ava, Mason and Zander would have performed (if this was a real case) that just didn't mesh. They weren't primary but it's like no one else was doing anything and they were doing everything important. She's on vacation and she's way wacked out due to her sister Jayne but keeps putting herself into the investigation. She was very irritating in this one; Mason was too m ...more
2.5 stars.

The mystery/suspense aspect was solid, and the realness of the emotional and psychological struggle for Ava contributed to a well rounded story. However, I don't like the link that she has with her twin; whatever happens to one twin manifests itself in some way with the other twin. Maybe I don't understand because I don't have an identical twin, but that aspect of the story detracted from my enjoyment of it.

I liked Mason and Ray. I continued to like Zander and Bingo too. I just hope we
Linda
Jun 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of Spiraled by Kendra Elliot from Goodreads. I am submitting an honest review. My thanks to Goodreads and to Kendra Elliot.

I have not read any of the other books from Kendra Elliot that contain Ava McLane as an FBI agent. Spiraled starts out with high action at a shopping mall where a mass shooting is in progress. Ava McLane was attending a yoga class there and is helping a young woman yoga participant to safety after this woman was shot. Pay attention to details.

Having no sens
Trish R.
Just OK for me..

So, it’s been a while since I read that 2nd book in this series and I’ve probably read 20 books or more so I wasn’t sure I would remember who the *stars* of this book were. But the minute I read Jayne’s name it all came back to me. Good grief, it’s hard to forget Jayne.

I really didn’t enjoy this book as much as the other two. Ava got into a mental funk and never really came out of it. The whole book was kinda built around her feelings for Jayne (her messed up twin sister) and i
Anita
May 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
ARC provided by the Publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

The third book in the Callahan & McLane is a tightly written mystery/suspense with a timely plot that provokes questions about how a family handles mental illness and how much the mentally ill suck their families dry. The relationship between Ava and Mason undergoes some trying times and they are stronger for it.

Ava and her young friend, Misty, are just leaving an early morning yoga class when gun shots shatter the morn
Lynda Kelly
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Another easy 5* in this series, making it a hat-trick !! I much prefer this set of stories to the Bone Secrets ones, plus they're better presented, too, which is something I always notice. I see she now has a new series based in Alaska but unfortunately it doesn't appeal to me. Luckily, I still have another to go in this series and I'm hoping by the time I get to that one she'll be well underway with a new tale featuring Ava and Mason......and won't have packed them in !! This one certainly had ...more
julia ☆ [owls reads]
Apr 24, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: mystery
#1 Vanished: ★★★★☆ | 4 stars
#2 Bridged: ★★★☆☆ | 3 stars

2.5 stars.

Started with a bang! Compelling opening scene that went straight to the action.

The plot did take a while to get going. There were a lot of questions throughout the investigation and none of them were solved in the first half. The second half improved tremendously after a little piece of info came to light and there was the introduction of a new POV character. That was when the story really hooked me! But that didn't last long...

I
Linda Strong
Feb 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
3rd and final in a series, this is a romantic suspense, with most of the book concentrated on the suspense aspect. This is okay as a stand-alone, but I highly recommend reading the series in order.

Mason Callahan, Detective and Ava McLane, FBI Agent get involved in a mall shooting. Ava and a friend just happen to be at the mall when a masked man calmly walks down the corridors taking out people with his shotgun. He wanders into a restroom and takes his own life. There had been another mall shooti
May 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC of Spiraled from NetGallery for an honest review and this is the review.
Spiraled had me hooked from the first shots at the start of the book and it held my attention until the very end. I absolutely adore this series by Kendra Elliot and even though the books can be stand alones I would recommend you read them in order because they all fit together so nicely.
This book about shooting that take place in public locations and the most recent one happens in the mall where Ava is at
Eva • All Books Considered
Feb 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Jean
Jun 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-book, fiction, mystery
This book opens with FBI Special Agent Ava McLane walking out of Yoga Class with a teenage girl when suddenly the girl is shot in the leg as a killer opens up in the Mall. Ava’s gun is in her car. She struggles to hide herself and the girls while attempting to monitor the kill and relay information to the 911 operator.

As the story progress it turns out there is an epidemic of mass shooting across Oregon. Ava’s boyfriend detective Mason Callahan is assigned to the case. Ava is on vacation but tag
⚜️Trea
The previous book seemed to have a good thing going for it, so I expected to find more of the same in this installment. Sadly, that wasn't the case. It was a bit slow moving for me, probably because everything was so glaringly obvious about the case! The Jayne drama seemed manufactured to me, and that's coming from the experience of being caretaker of 2 mental health patients! Ava seemed so lost and (for lack of a better term) weak in this installment! She made for a very unsatisfying heroine in ...more
Diane
Oct 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I had forgotten how much I like Kendra Elliot. Fast paced from the get-go, a killer is loose killing indiscriminately in malls and parks - or is he! Ava is an FBI agent and Mason is a Detective - Ava has an identical twin - in looks only - and we get a glimpse of the friction/turmoil that occurs between the two and the after effects.

Ava finds herself in the cross hairs, but is spared - why? Through their great investigative skills and some forensics Mason, Ava, and their colleagues start process
Lena
May 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, cops-fbi
Another good addition to Kendra Elliot's Mason Callahan line of Portland suspense novels. I liked this one less than the previous novels because of how much Jane affected Ava, and thus the story, right from the beginning. Ava seems to be becoming Jane as her twins health wanes, a scary thought. That's not what I want for Mason so I hope she gets it together or gets lost.
-skim reread only to keep the series order.
Tulay
Jun 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great suspense.

Author Kendra Elliot writes great suspenseful stories, so far read five of her books and they all are very good. I did guess the who and why early in this book. All I wanted to read that strong woman Ava come out happy and healthy. Hope she'll survive her twin. Narration of Nick Podehl and Amy McFadden made listening this book a lot better.
Debby
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: authors-e-f
Spiraled in the Callahan & McLane Series by Kendra Elliott continues to impress me. Although this story dragged a little, it did have its twists and turns and enjoyed the continued romance between the two characters.

The love they share for one another is shown in the story...he more so with the over-protectiveness that he has for her emotionally as well as physically. Romance Suspense as a genre has really opened my eyes to another world of reading. Hope the next book in series proves to be enjo
Joann
This is the third book in this series. The author can really spin a good yarn. This was a good twisty one and I wondered how these gun killings would evolve but never would have given it this spin. I do think Ava was a bit of a mess in this book but hopefully she will come around. I truly dislike the character of Jayne in these books though and wish she was gone. I've never felt this way about a character in a novel before and would quit reading this series but I'll wait it out and finish the fo ...more
Jeannette Lawrence
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book...unexpected twist.
Mary Brown
May 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
FBI Special Agent Ava McLane is walking through a mall after her yoga class when shots ring out. Soon she finds herself hiding from a shooter with an injured teenager. She does not have her gun and she cannot leave the injured teen, so she just has to wait for help to arrive and pray that she survives. When she locks eyes with the shooter, she figures her life is over.

Detective Mason Callahan is called to the mass shooting to help with the investigation. He does not know that his girlfriend, Av
Sparkymom
May 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy this series, and I was thrilled when Net Galley offered me the chance to read it early. In my opinion, the author totally nailed it when she wrote Mason and Ava into life. They are such a realistically believable couple. Nothing is ever really easy for them, but they create an ease and peace for each other. They just seem to truly get each other and relate on a plane that is more actions than words. I like seeing how they not only want each other but now have enmeshed to the point ...more
Erin Burns
May 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2015, netgalley
I received an ARC of this book from the Publisher, via Netgalley, in exchange for an honest review.

This is third in the Mason Callahan series, and thus far, I've really enjoyed reading about the lives of adults, and I really like her monsters (of the human variety).

This book though, I am really struggling on how to rate it. I enjoyed it, I really couldn't put it down, but it did frustrate the beejesus out of me.
The story starts out with a bang, literally. Agent Ava McLane is on vacation and with
Debbie Oxier
Jul 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: suspense
These books just keep getting better as Ava McLane' s relationship with Mason Callahan progresses and she continues to deal with her twin' s mental illness. When the book opens up, Ava is at an open air mall, having just finished up her yoga class. She's walking with a young girl from the class, talking, when a shooter opens fire. The young girl is the first one down. Ava tries to shield her and when the shooter seems to move on, she applies a tourniquet, and drags her behind a kiosk, the only t ...more
Kathy Martin
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kendra Elliot has written another very suspenseful thriller in SPIRALED. Ava is coming from yoga class when a shooter comes to the Mall. The young woman Ava was walking with was shot and Ava gets her to the dubious safety of a sunglasses kiosk. After calling 911 and giving as much information as she can, she has to just wait with the young woman and hope the shooter doesn't see them.

Meanwhile, Mason is called in and has to wait outside until the police manage to clear the Mall. The shooter kills

• Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
  • Whisper of Bones (Widow's Island #3)
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • A Bone to Pick (Widow's Island #2)
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
  • See Her Die (Bree Taggert, #2)
  • Cross Her Heart (Bree Taggert, #1)
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • He Can Fall (She Can... #4.5)
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
  • She Can Tell
  • She Can Scream (She Can #3)
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • She Can Run (She Can #1)
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
An Amazon #1 selling author, Kendra Elliot has sold over 8 Million books and been on the WSJ best seller list eleven times.

She grew up in the lush Pacific Northwest and still lives there with her family and three cats. She's fascinated with forensics, refuses to eat anything green, and dreams of living every day in flip flops.

*New series!* THE LAST SISTER and THE SILENCE

The BONE SECRETS NOVELS:

Callahan & McLane (5 books)
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane, #1)
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Targeted (Callahan & McLane, #4)
  • The Silence (Columbia River #2, Callahan & McLane, #5)

News & Interviews

“He imagined it was a lot like trying to shoot a moving target in the dark with occasional flashes of sunlight. “When” 1 likes
“Ray looked like a linebacker sitting in a skeletal chair. Mason had tried the same movement in front of a mirror at home and could never replicate the results.” 1 likes